Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Finishing What Was Started

(OOC: Dantooine: 16 years ago)

latest

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

The boy stared at the woman his bright blue eyes staring up at the tall, smiling woman. They were sitting on the tall, grassy plains of Dantooine away from the orphanage. The orphans were busy having fun against the Oak Tree that produced juicy fruit. The woman though always warned the boy that they were filled with insects and may not be thoroughly cleaned. The boy didn't care though, he loved eating the Muja Fruit even if it gave him a tummy ache the next day. The boy sat on the towel eating his ham sandwich and staring at the sun a smile formed on his face.

"I want to be....." The boy said while the woman gently wiped the crumbs from his lips. "A hero!"

"A hero?" The woman chuckled tossing a lock of her long brown hair over shoulder. "That's an interesting job, why did you decide on that."

"Because Ms ********!" The boy said quickly jumping up. "You told me that I'm in charge of the children here! I..... I don't feel that I'm strong enough to protect them though!"

"Really?" The woman got up. "Why do you say that?"

The boy shook his head clenching his fists. "It's because....." The boy started. "There's a lot of bad people out there and I don't feel that I'm ready."

The woman gave the boy a warm smile. "Oh Navu," he said. "There is great potential within you. Like I said close your eyes and breathe."

Navu did what he was told, he cleared his mind and focused on that energy that was churning inside of him. "What do you feel?"

"Like....." Navu said. "That I can do anything..... Maybe the ability to protect the kids is inside of me?"

"Yes Navu," The woman said. "In time you will harness that energy to protect not only this orphanage but galaxy as well."

(OOC: Current year aboard the The Valiant-Class 'Star Destroyer': Eye of the Osiris flying on the Dragon Trail)

robert-lajot-laerke-star-wars-rum-test-billede-11.jpg

Navu fluttered his eyes open at the sound of knocking. Groaning, the Knight grabbed his Lightsaber clipping to his belt before he lumbered over towards the door. "Apprentice Myther," The officer stood at attention. "Sorry for interrupting you on your day off but you come to the hangar bay immediately."

"Why?" Navu asked bluntly.

"You have been....." The officer said. "Assigned to a Master."

"Not possible," Navu said smoothing out his black shirt. "I never asked for one. I work alone."

"This came from the Imperial Knight branch sir," The officer said much to Navu's annoyance. "It's considered mandatory for apprentices to complete their trainer under a Master before they're considered to be an Inquistoris."

"Where did you hear that?" Navu asked his voice remaining cold.

"It's a rumor I admit," The officer said. "But it does explain your confusion."

"I'm not getting trained," Navu said closing the door. "Tell them you got the wrong person. I already enough experience to be promoted to Inquisitor."

"I...." The officer was loss for words for what just transpired he shook his head before the door opened again.

"All right," Navu said. "Take me to the hangar."

The officer saluted before Navu followed him it was mostly because the Empire loves to follow a routine and if one person breaks that routine, the entire structure crumbles. The most Navu can do is to turn this Master down and move on with his life. After a few minutes, they arrived at the hangar where the Imperial shuttle was docked. "Where is she?" Navu asked.

"She's coming," The officer responded. "Her shuttle just landed 5 minutes ago."

Scoria Harik Scoria Harik

Scoria-Banner.png

Objective: Meet the apprentice
Tag: Navu Myther Navu Myther

Empire-of-the-Lost-Divider-removebg-preview.png

Scoria sat impatiently as her shuttle approached the Valiant-Class vessel of the old Empire. It was an impressive ship to someone who cared about naval firepower. Scoria cared about more selfish things. Her appearance. The newest and best. That was what she desired, and it was what she received , both growing up as a noble child on Omman and now as a Inquisitor of the Empire of the Lost. What made the situation double annoying was that she was docking at this relic of a design in order to pick up an apprentice.

What was the Grand Inquisitor thinking? Scoria didn’t need some little whelp hanging at her ankles keeping her from doing her job. She handled her tasks on her own. Maybe when she was old and dyeing her hair to avoid the appearance of gray, then she would accept a role as a teacher. Now she was in her prime. Now she could really make her mark on the galaxy. Mostly in a manner that no one would actually know it was her, but she would know. Now she was being saddled with a useless appendage. How was she supposed to get anything done?

The shuttle’s pilot commed the Star Destroyer and was given permission to dock. He pressed a few buttons and then turned to Scoria to tell her that they would land in moments. Scoria gave a curt nod and growled in annoyance as she got her things ready. She felt the subtle jolt of the craft touching down on the surface of the Star Destroyer’s hangar. It took a few moments for her to collect her thoughts and try to push away the bad feelings that taking on an apprentice were bringing to her. ”Don’t bother powering anything down. We won’t be here long.” The doorway in front of her opened and the ramp extended. She started her descent without seeking acknowledgement of her order. She knew it would be followed.

Scoria was glad to see that the Captain of the Star Destroyer was at least competent enough not to make a show of the arrival of an Inquisitor. Some enjoyed such a thing. Sometimes Scoria was a part of those “some”. But in her current emotional state she would not have been able to enjoy it. ”Dismissed,” Scoria shooed the officer with a bit of contempt in her tone. She waited for the hangar to be clear of anyone paying her attention other than the new apprentice before she took him in for the first time.

It was a bit of a chore to keep her shock at the sight of the “apprentice” from flowing out into the Force where he might notice it. After a momentary pause however she made the fact known by voice. ”I was expecting some pipsqueak little kid who would follow me around tugging at my skirt…” Her eyes moved up and down the young man. Scoria judged him to be less than half a decade her younger, fit, and she could feel he was eager. His expression, messing blonde hair and piercing blue eyes might play the good cop to Scoria’s bad cop in interrogations quite well. If she had to have an apprentice, she supposed the Grand Inquisitor could have chosen worse.

”I hope you are in fact Navu Myther, my apprentice, not just a babysitter or something,” Scoria again was a bit dismissive in her tone, but much more engaged than she had been with the officer. ”If that is the case, come aboard my shuttle. We have an assignment. You can fill me in on your training history on the way.” She didn’t wait for him to respond. Though she asked, she knew this was her apprentice. Twirling around on her heels, Scoria was quickly on her way back to the shuttle, with a wave to the pilot to be ready to depart as soon as the ship was sealed.

Navu grunted seeing the shuttle land on the spaceport. He had another dream about the woman and the orphans again. It was a time when it was peaceful and tranquil unlike the hellish nightmares Navu had of the orphanage burning. Navu could still hear the anguished cries for help as the flames consumed them licking their flesh and all Navu could do was to watch helplessly. Who were they though? Navu tried his best to remember but all it came out was white noise like in the dream. There wasn't a day that went by where Navu hadn't thought about the orphanage or the woman. He attempted to look it up on the Dantooine database but came up empty.

"Sir," The Imperial officer said. "Your Master has arrived.

"I'm not entirely sure that she will be my Master," Navu replied annoyance laced in his tone of voice. "But bring her here."

4 squads of Stormtroopers were passing by doing their usual morning patrols. Navu moved towards crates that were placed near the shuttle and leaned his back placing his hands on his pockets. The Inquisitor turned his gaze towards the woman walking down the ramp she was around his age..... surprising but then again it had only been a year since Navu was promoted.

"Hey." Navu said to the woman sounding as plain and emotionless as usual. "How are you?"

Scoria Harik Scoria Harik

Scoria-Banner.png

Objective: Meet the apprentice
Tag: Navu Myther Navu Myther

Empire-of-the-Lost-Divider-removebg-preview.png

Was the apprentice engaging her in small talk? There was a deep sigh of annoyance as Scoria could tell that her quick departure was going to be delayed. Scoria could not stop her eyes from rolling as she returned her focus to the young man. ”I am an Inquisitor in the name of the Emperor. I have received a mission that I am to undertake with you as my sidekick. I assumed based on your apparent age that you would be able to handle such a task without asking useless questions.”

As she stopped her rant Scoria looked deeper into the man. Force deep. He thought he was beyond having a Master. Perhaps that was why he was so blazé to the situation in front of him. Scoria would need to nip this in the bud quickly or he would be questioning her orders at every turn. ”You think you’re good enough to work on your own?” she questioned in a cold tone.

”The Grand Inquisitor does not agree with that opinion,” she continued quickly. ”I don’t wish to have a sidekick however. So if you prove your abilities to me I will make sure you operate independently as much as possible and see a promotion sooner than later. If I am not impressed you will learn very hard lessons and your promotion will come more slowly. Or you will die.”

With a shake of her head she turned back towards the shuttle again. ”Now, we are scheduled to arrive on Corbos at our quickest convenience. An NISB agent managed to get themselves killed by something or someone beyond the talents of the cabal of silly spies. It now falls on us to investigate and make sure that the Imperial spy network has not been compromised.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom