Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding what's hidden (Completed)

Knowledge is power.

A statement constantly said to Edwin throughout the numerous masters he has had as an acolyte. So numerous he couldn't even remember. The data records probably couldn't keep up. It annoyed him with the amount of times he was reminded a failure. Even if he should keep control of his emotions like the Jedi Code said, he still believed there should be a line being human and... something else. The Sith taught him nothing and the Jedi taught him nothing. Sure Jedi ideals tied more with his own, but Edwin knew they would never be fully embraced. He believed that there must've been lightside Sith like him. The galaxy was a large old place. Many things had happened here.

This was why he traveled through the Dromund System. Korriban wouldn't be ideal, the most prominent Darkside Sith laid there. Dromund Kaas, Fels, and Tyne on the other hand. They would hold many entombed Sith, varying form ideal and practice. Forgotten things. There surely must've been some teachings that were preserved with these Sith, holotapes, datapads, datacrons, even the Siths themselves. Edwin heard many times how people in the past did strange things near the tombs. Edwin trained his mind, his mentality. Although it all originated for space combat, the Sith was sure it could be applied for any mind trick that might be frown at him.

Shame he had to do this alone. Always doing something alone. It wasn't a problem but... it might be nice having someone to share their own thoughts. He had always been about individualism. As long as they don't try to get super friendly with him. Except the ladies. The ladies would always be an exception with his blasted hormonal urges.

His first Destination would be Dromund Kaas. The planet had the largest number of tombs and... tombs. Hardly anyone lived there. Edwin heard tales of it's previous liveliness and activity, but now it just felt... empty. Even so, the planet still had strong darkside energies coming off of it. Edwin hoped he could hold his own against them. He wasn't exactly the typical weakling, but he surely wouldn't put himself at the top of the totem pole either.

Dromund Kaas

The largest challenge for Edwin was to find a place to place his shuttle, animals swarmed at every corner. Sleens, Vine Cats, Yozusks were the most common things in sight. Edwin knew there was more than just that. The Acolyte also had to deal with the problem of water, it always rained constantly on the planet, making it a rare commodity to find places not littered with rain. Edwin finally settle for a large flat area near a mountain. It certainly wouldn't stop the shuttle from getting wet, but it was certainly better than nothing. The acolyte then went to the main dropoff of the craft, settling into a quick meditative stance, strengthening his stamina and force concealment. He didn't know what to expect from this place, but he certainly wasn't going to apply any weaknesses.

After a brief moment of silence, Edwin stood up, exiting the craft. Looking back at the poor state of his craft. He really needed a protocol droid. But he didn't have the money to buy such things. Looking back, he stared down at the valleys and forests of the swamp world. It was surely going to be a long until he discovered anything. Edwin was particularly looking for the Dark Temple, or whatever remained of it. He pulled out his lightsaber, the wildlife here would surely not welcome his presense. He knew how aggressive Sleens, Vine Cats, Yozusks, and Gundarks could get. There was no use not to keep himself armed, even if he would be considered a singular lightbug surrounded by voracious predators.

[SIZE=10.5pt]The marshes proved difficult to wade through, Edwin inferred that it was probably best to stay above sea level. He needed mobility if he ever came into contact with the fauna here. He fully understood of the dangers around here. He headed the way into the ruins of the Dark Temple, its grand structures were showing worst for wear. Edwin could only imagine how many years back they were built. Millennials perhaps. How much of time the place took wasn’t much of a concern for Edwin though. He needed to find Sith teachings of differed ways. Using fear and passion was certainly not something Edwin designed to use. All his time in the naval branch of the One Sith Military shaped him to be nice and concise in the way he was supposed to do things. It made him a pupil in such a stanza. Shame he never found the same amount of respect among the Sith. They were always aggressive folks, using whatever they desired. It was always very… chaotic. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Old indications of bridges that previously were around was noticed with the scattered durasteel, other parts of the bridges most likely rotted away. Sleens could be see living under the durasteel, obviously had made a home in them. Edwin continued moving through the swamps, the forested areas were becoming few as he progressed, which also meant there would be more creatures crawling around. Yozusks, no doubt. He already saw one nearby, which meant he was either entering the creature’s territory, or leaving it far behind, it would truly be a problem for Edwin. He could only hope for the latter to be true.[/SIZE]

Edwin force sped through the area, not desiring the risk of being forced to fight anything here. He saw the spire off in the distance as he made his way to the ruins. It truly was strange to Edwin. Wouldn't it have made sense that he saw that from his shuttle as he made his way onto the planet? Edwin wanted to ponder it, if it was concealed within the forests of Kaas, or just simply he dismissed it, only looking for things that were ancient. Whatever the theory, Edwin was here for one thing and one thing only. The Dark Temple. He constantly thought of it after his little incursion on Korriban. That place was truly such a poor decision on Edwin's part to ever visit the planet. It was very least likely any of the famous Dark Lords ever had even a portion of the lightside ever considered in them. Neivon saw that there were explorers, archaeologists scattered across the Dark Temple. There were truly people who were trying to figure the long history of the place. Some of them were resignation with the darkside. They were truly foolish if any of them believed they could have a strong resolve to enter such a darkside heavy place.

With this knowledge, Edwin force sped himself into the Dark temple, with the full knowledge they couldn't follow him. Even if it was going to be a trivial task, Edwin could already feel someone beckoning him, he decided to follow this force energy. Whatever might happen just might as well determine the Acolyte's future. He could only hope it wouldn't do so in a negative way.

The energies led him to a dead end. Someone or something certainly led him here. Why this a trap? Edwin did know how Sith Lords acted, they tended to enjoy their games, messing with others quite often. But even so, that shouldn't apply with those resting here. Many of them should have been oblivious with the things that were happening here. Edwin took out his lightsaber, cutting through the stone in front of him, caving a hole into the wall. There was indeed a hidden tunnel. But why was it hidden in the first place? What was there to hide?

"Hey there! You're not supposed to be here!" A voice shouted off in the distance. Edwin doubted one of the archaeologists came here. It was likely a Jedi of the Silver Sanctum. Edwin ran off into the now exposed tunnel, hearing footsteps shortly behind. It certainly only sounded like one person. Either way, they must certainly be more powerful than him. For a Non-Sith, they certainly have been moving through here with ease. It was all one tunnel, it certainly meant it'll lead to a tomb, the force energies were getting stronger as Edwin moved on. He was exerting as much of his force speed as possible.

The lights around dimmed even further as Edwin finally came towards a surprisingly small tomb. Suddenly, he couldn't feel his body move as he was suspended in air.

"Finally got you now," It was the SSC Jedi. "Just what exactly are you doing here? Are you Sith?" Seemed they certainly knew of the lightsaber we wielded moments before, then again, his force speed would've been a dead giveaway anyways.

As Edwin was about to open his mouth, he suddenly felt the force that binded him loosen, while the Jedi collapsed on the ground.

"Hmm..." Edwin could feel through the force it was someone different. "Just what exactly is it you want from me, Acolyte?"

Edwin stood breathless. It surprised him how soon he came into contact with the being, he certainly expected years to pass before he could find any evidence of Lightsided Sith. That was, if this was a lightsided Sith.

"Who are you?" Edwin was curious. History was lost like always, people not desiring others to learn from others of the past.

The Sith-possessed Jedi responded in quite the calm manner, as if they knew they are of power here. "I am Kuul'Ket'Tur, a Sith Lord of the Dark Council. Tell me Acolyte, how long has it been since the Old Republic?"

"Since the Old Republic? Thousands of years I believe, my Lord." Edwin was confused, why would time be so important?

The Sith Lord looked around his room, disdain showed on his face as he sat down on his tomb. "Is Vitiate alive?"

"Who?" Edwin didn't know who Vitiate was. Some ancient enemy during the time of The Old Republic, perhaps? Edwin looked at Kuul'Ket'Tur, waiting for an answer, but the Sith Lord simply waved his hand.

"I hid here during the time the Republic and Sith Empire were practically destroyed by the Eternal Empire. I had learned of forbidden teachings taught by the Sith Lord Kel'Eth'Ur, I changed my named to fit along his own. I had learn things, many things from his single datacron. I assume you didn't come here to destroy me, you seem far too weak. Besides that, it's been years. I hid here when many Sith fought the Eternal Empire, we went through many Dark Council members during that time..." The Sith Lord stood up, walking towards Edwin until their faces met. "I assume you like to learn from me?"

All Edwin could simply do was nod, the power coming off this Sith, it was hard to believe they were attuned in the lightside of the force. Edwin though that Sith with the power would be weak. But this Sith Lord felt so... powerful.

The Sith Lord stared at Edwin, the acolyte could see a small smile cross his lips. "Then bring me a Vine Cat, alive if you could. There's much I must tell you, much I must share."

All Edwin could think of doing was slowly leaving, he was speechless as his find, he thanked the force that it guided him there. He force sped through the place, returning towards the dense foliage of the swamps. All he had to do now was figure out some way of subduing a Vine Cat. It was easier said then done.

Edwin made his way through the swampy marsh. Finding a vine cat wouldn't be difficult, but it wouldn't be easy either. There were so many Gundarks everywhere. Territorial creatures. They would've surely driven out Edwin's chances at finding the beast this Sith Lord required. Edwin continued his maneuvers through the forest, looking around ever-so vigilant. It surprised him at how little there was of the presence of vine cats. Edwin passed so many marshes and hills, he didn't know how far he was getting on this planet anymore. He stopped to take a rest, hearing snarls all around him as vine cats pounced on him.

Well this is real convenient. He thought. Drawing his lightsaber, he awaited for the cat's attacks. There were trees galore, so it wouldn't be a problem for him when he force leaped into protection. The cat's backs were hunched, there snarls hit the acolyte at every corner. Edwin ignited the yellow blade of his saber, catching the cats off guard. They drew back further away from him. Seemed they knew when something would be a problem. With this knowledge, Edwin leaped towards one of them. The cats were startled, trying to attack the adversary who leaped on top of their own. But Edwin used this to his advantage, causing the cat to attack their own. Forcing two of the cats into a brawl. Edwin faced a snarling female, applying a force stun onto them. Edwin then turned to the other cats, killing them in simply, fell swoops as they were distracted.

Edwin then waited for his force stun to end. He watched the cat as it bayed it's head in confusion, than rage. It was exactly as he wanted. He began to run back as the vine cat chased after him. The Sith Lord will soon have as he desired. Edwin didn't know why he wanted a vine cat, but it probably had to do with possession. Why else would a long dead Sith want a random animal for?

By the time Edwin had returned to the Dark Temple's whereabouts, the majority of the place had been abandoned. There was no archaeologists, no scientists, nothing. Something must've happened. Edwin didn't have time to obverse the changes of the place. He had an enraged vinecat on his tail. No doubt it was desiring revenge, such a fruitless objective. Revenge brought death, or perhaps, something worse than any death. The vine cat's future was already decided the moment Edwin found it. It was the future it couldn't control. Edwin slowed down to a more peaceful jog, trying to tempt the creature into believing Edwin was tiring. Perhaps this would give it the motivation to continue after Edwin.

Using the force, he tried protecting the cat's mind as they entered this place. To no avail he heard it yelp. He turned around to see the cat use more... human-like movements. The cat then walked up to Edwin ever-so silent.

"Did you honestly think I wouldn't have planned to take possession of the creature?" It was Kuul'Ket'Tur by no doubt. Edwin could only look on in silence. The Sith Lord seemed to not mind one bit. "No other Sith here would allow it. One: they've been here longer than me, so their influence in the force here is weaker. Two: their ego is too large to ever see themselves possess an animal. For the most part anyways." The Sith Lord prowled around Edwin. "If you're wondering what might've happened to the Jedi, I sent him off. Warned him to tell the others not to venture this place. I doubted it worked though..."

The Sith... hummed to himself? Certainly something strange, especially for a previous Dark Council Member of an ancient empire. "Now. Before we go ahead and do anything, I would like to share with you some things from my past." The Sith sat down on his fours. "Whether you find the information of my past useful or not is completely up to you." The Sith yawned, going on to tell everything about anything. The Dashade, Revan, and the fundamentals they were told.

"I believed these things for a while y'know? At least, until I came upon this place and found the tomb of Kel'Eth Ur then everything changed, Acolyte." The Lord turned his head, staring into Edwin's eyes. "Remember these words well, fear is a lie. Passion, is a lie. Fears gives only temporary powers, and passion can be easily manipulated. I will tell you so much more on one condition."

"What might that be, my lord?" Edwin looked on at him, his eyes wide with desire. The Sith Lord noticed this.

"Careful with your passions, acolyte. I want you to find me a maalraas on the moon known as Dxun. I can't travel the galaxy so exposed. A vine cat can only do so much..."

Edwin stood up. "If a maalraas is required for you to share your knowledge and pass it on to me, then so be it." Edwin bowed. The Sith Lord smiled, it was quite disturbing, seeing that from a Vine Cat.

"Don't disappoint me acolyte,"

Edwin had a lot on his mind. Fear was a lie, Passion was a lie. What did the Sith mean by that? Not to show mercy in front of the enemy? There was so much for Edwin to learn and he had a chance to learn it all. Edwin force sped throughout the murky swamp towards the mountain where his shuttle laid. It would be much more difficult to enter this place a second time. But he was sure he would be able to do it. Did people care when Sith when out relic hunting out here? Probably not. But it would be a problem with that jedi. Edwin could only hope that Sith Lord, Kuul'Ket Tur had it all covered. Boarding his shuttle, Edwin could only think about the that he was another step closer, of truly understanding the force. At least, understanding it his way.

//End

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom