Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding something old, and something new.

Luke listened to the hologram speak, and was surprised when it deduced that he leaned more toward helping others, while the boy opposite him wanted personal gain. He looked down with a small smirk and smiled. It was true, even with his pain, he would always strive to help those in need. In case the girl didn't believe the words of the holocron, he enforced them by showing his palm, where a soft blue wisp of energy appeared. "I can't vouch for him being dark, but I can assure you that I am inclined to help others. You can trust me."

@[member="Kai Nariko"] @[member="Rainbow Flowers"]

Veevleigh

Pink Perfumed Slicer Waif
Rainbow listened to the offer being made, but she wasn't sure that she understood it. She knew enough about Jedi and Sith to know that she was stood in the presence of two of them, although why they weren't trying to impale each other with those lightsabers of theirs she didn't quite understand. She had been under the impression Sith and Jedi always fought. But that was fine. Sith, Jedi, the Force, it was all outside her area of expertise, where she was quite happy to keep it. But now the voice was speaking, and offering her involvement.

"What can I do?" She asked sceptically. She somehow doubted the ancient talking box needed a slicer, and she was as useless physically, quite literally. She wondered if the hologram just admired her hair. Maybe it wanted advice on hair dye. She could give that, but apart from that, when it came to matters of godly Sith and Jedi she had no idea how she was supposed to help.

@[member="Luke Beleren"] @Kai Nariko

I looked over to the blue man as he said that he was more of Jedi. I almost scoffed. Then why would a Jedi steal? I had the question running through my head as the girl answered. The man smiled as he was trapped to be standing there. "A girl like you uses imagination. use your skills to help them. Since this is not a good place to be teaching. Maybe you could help these two in finding a ship that could be used." Looking to me he spoke. "Take him with you so if something were to go wrong, he can protect you." Looking to the blue man, "If you have extra credits, use them to get supplies. Should be hard for a Jedi type."

I looked to the blue man. "You take the holocron as well. If we were to get caught then we don't lose the holocron." Pulling a wire from my pocket I handed it to him. "This is the activation cord to my Silk-6 speeder. Attach it then start the engine up. It will be faster for you. And my name is Kai Nariko." As much as I didn't trust the man or the girl it seemed like we could make a good group. Blue as the one who is calm and sociable, the girl as a contact and another hand to help around, and I was the fighter. The one who could take anything on. I just hoped that this was a good combo of people.

@[member="Rainbow Flowers"], @[member="Luke Beleren"]

So, it seemed they would be starting this strange order once more. The three of them, with this holocron thing. The man inside it had a point, they each had their own abilities. The girl was nimble and stealthy, and had the brains. He himself would do anything to keep them safe. He was the protector. And from what he could tell, the boy, apparently names Kai, was quick to act. A hothead. He was the brawler, the one who did the damage. "I am not a Jedi, and I don't know what a Jedi even is. But I'll agree to this. I can see that we three are getting into something greater than all of us. I'm interested in seeing how this turns out." He took the card and the holocron, then headed off in one direction. "I'm Luke, by the way." And with that, he walked off.

Veevleigh

"Rainbow! My name's Rainbow!" She called after the departing Luke, before turning to the much scarier Sith she was lumbered with. Later on she'd have to quiz Luke on how he didn't know what a Jedi was, even she knew that and she was four hundred years out of time. She turned warily to the Sith.

"I have a ship." She offered, although somehow she doubted a pink Nubian yacht was the type of ship the Sith would appreciate. "But it's in bad shape. You any good at starship repair?"

I looked at the man who called himself luke. With the Holocron man now gone and in luke's hand, I felt somewhat like the man may run away, but I had to give him some trust. Looking to the girl as she said her name was Rainbow. I could make the connections. She was different than everyone else, and as such a rainbow was as well. I smiled at her as she began to talk to me. Saying that she had one, but that it was damaged. Shaking my head, "I only know how to fix speeders. Ships like what you might have would be more complex than a speeder." I adjusted the pistol that I had. Deciding to do something different.

Taking it out, I handed the blaster to Rainbow. "Here's something for ya, Point and pull the trigger. It goes boom and bad-guy goes down." I looked down the ally and then back to her. "With the amount of shady people around here, You need something to protect yourself." I already knew that the woman didn't trust me. I knew that she may be scared of me because of my lightning, but I didn't know how to make it up to her. "And, I really am sorry about earlier. I was..... Scared. if you will." I was. SHe had come behind the both of us, and was hiding. How would she feel if someone was behind them with no prior knowledge of who they were?

Veevleigh

"Whoa! No! I don't want-" Rainbow began to say as she was handed the blaster. But it was too late, and before she could reject it, it was in her hands. Her entire body sagged with the weight of it. The extensive muscular skeletal damage that four hundred years of cryo sleep had done to her meant that even a blaster pistol felt like a lead brick in her hands, and she had to hold it with both hands just to not immediately drop it. She wouldn't be able to point the thing without pulling a muscle, and carrying for any length of time was out of the question.

"I...don't...like...using....blasters..." She said, straining to hold the thing as she spoke. She refused, of course, to admit just how physically weak she was, but she was totally unable to hide it right now. Not that that stopped her from trying. She pushed it back in to Kai's hands and sagged with relief when the weight was gone. She refused to say anything else on the subject or what had just happened however, and instead just rolled her shoulders a little, to try and ease up on what now felt like strained muscles.

"Do you have any credits? We need to find a mechanic." She said, eager to move on.
@[member="Kai Nariko"]

Luke walked away, barely hearing the cries of the girl. In response, he simply pulled his hood back over his head. Rainbow? What kind if name was that? Didn't matter much to him. It seemed to him that in trying to steal a box, apparently called a holocron, he had gotten himself involved himself in something big. The three of them, working together? It was possible they could do a whole lot more than simply restarting an order. They had the power to enforce it. Walking to a small marketplace, he fished his robe for some credits, realizing he had five hundred left. Plenty enough to buy some food, and possibly a ship. Soon enough, he found the speeder, and he stopped for a moment. He has every option, every right to just walk away. The holocron was his, the speeder was his. He had the means to escape. Then he shook his head softly. No, he couldn't do that. Something told him it wouldn't be doing the right thing. This needed to e available to all, starting with him, Kai, and Rainbow. Together, they could change a lot. Starting up the speeder, he raced to the spaceport to find a ship.

(OOC: I'm working on a ship to submit to the factory, it may be the one he buys if it gets approved soon enough. Hang tight, should have it turned out by the time I get home at 2 or so. For now his post back and forth between you two.)

The girl, Rainbow, said that she didn't like using blasters. Handing the Imp blaster back to me, I accepted it. Putting it back in my waist band. SHe was clearly not strong enough to even hold it. Atriphe? maybe but either way, that meant that I would have to protect her even more so. Nodding my head as she wanted a ship mechanic I shook my head. "Well first of all, what is the ship? because if it is way outdated, then you may have a problem finding replacement or fixed parts." I could tell that she wanted to move on. I knew that she was already nervous being around me, but was there something else that was causing this?

"Come on, lets go looking for this person already." I went ahead and started walking to the end of the ally, Stopping to peek out around the corner, I then set out with Rainbow to see if we could even fix her ship.

@[member="Luke Beleren"], (OOC: can you send us the link?)
@[member="Rainbow Flowers"]

Veevleigh

Rainbow gave a slightly nervous laugh, rubbing behind her head slightly as she did, walking along beside Kai.
"Uh, yeah, um, it might be... a tiny bit outdated." She said with a nervous smile. Okay, so her ship wasn't the most up to date in the universe. It had survived four hundred years adrift with her inside it, after all. But the fact it still flew at all was a sign of reliability if you asked her! "It''s... a H-Type Nubian Yacht." She answered. That would probably raise more questions. If he knew what it was, well, it was an exceedingly upper class ship for a street rat like Rainbow, apart from of course its incredible age. And if he didn't know what it was, well, it'd show its age, she guessed.

"But how different can starships be, right? Somebody must be able to fix it." She said with an attempt at a determined smile. @[member="Luke Beleren"]@[member="Kai Nariko"]

I smiled as she said that it may have been slightly outdated. Really since the Gulag plague, everything is becoming out dated. Technology was constantly evolving it seemed. I was about to say that it was probably not that outdated when she mentioned the ship name and model. I turned to her flabbergasted as to why she even owned the ship. it was so fething old! Now finding parts for this would be nearly impossible. First of all, it was a yaught that was highly prized, second, it was over 400 years out dated. Third, Not all ships were the same. Some ships could be heavily modified to the point where the no longer resembled the base of when it was first bought. Others, well not so much. I shook my head to answer all of her questions and comments at once.

​"No, Priceless ship thats over 400+ years old, and that can't really be modified unless by people from naboo themselves. Hun, what we need is a new ship."

I couldn't blame the girl though. Rainbow has probably never spent a day in her life learning how to fix ships and or even using one to its fullest extent. Right now, we need a ship that we can all three use to get to this sacred planet of the Jensaarai. And probably a place to learn about all of ths stuff where it can be in private. We needed a ship that we could use at this moment. "How about this, we buy this new ship, and use it, During that time, I will try to use some of my contacts to figure out a way to fix your ship. But it will have to be later, with this jensaarai guy wanting us to find his place, I don't think he wants to wait." We began to near the black market once again. Looking around I thought I might as well do some shopping as well.

Turning to Rainbow, I spoke in a hushed tone, "Go ahead and look for a few freighter ships, they will be more durable, and can hold our stuff if need be. Since Wonderboy back there took the holocron, I'm thinking that I can buy some supplies as well. I'll be right behind you."

Veevleigh

Rainbow was certainly surprised by his reaction. She had no idea her ship was actually valuable, not that she'd ever sell it, and actually felt quite bad about getting it painted pink now.

"I'm not leaving my ship behind. It's my home!" She exclaimed, giving him her best stubborn glare. "I can usually get her started eventually. I mean, I pay mechanics all the time who can kinda get her going, just not running properly. You can get a more reliable ship, and I'll follow in mine! If I break down, you can just tractor beam me, right?" She suggested, desperation tinting her voice as she spoke. @[member="Kai Nariko"]

I stopped myself before running off to get a few things. Her squeeky voice was telling me that she would not leave her ship. It was her home. I knew that some people could be attached to thir ship, but for me, I didn't have that problem. I nodded my head to her and then shook it. "Thats fine for you to follow us, but we won't catch you in a tractor beam. if we were to crash, it would be a double, and if we were to go into hyperspace, you would be yanked around at the speed of light to the point where your ship would explode. Think of it this way, when a child is pulling on another, they go the same speed, but if the first one suddenly stops, then they crash, or if the speed up, faster than the second child, then the second child would be dragged."

I looked to her then spoke more, ​"Before I say that it can't be replaced at all, what is wrong with the ship in the first place?"

@[member="Rainbow Flowers"]

Veevleigh

"Oh, you know, nothing major." Rainbow said with a shrug as she followed along behind Kai. "I mean, the hyperdrive sometimes plays up. The sublight engines kinda die sometimes. The thrusters don't always work. The VTOL system is basically knackered. The navigation system is on the blink. The communication array doesn't always work right. The steering column pulls to the left a little. The ignition switch hardly ever works properly. The cryo tubes are totally shot. The landing structs don't always close properly. The engine power keeps going down. The hot water keeps turning cold. The pilot's chair squeaks. Oh, and my make-up mirror I use in the cockpit is cracked, but I'm totally getting that fixed soon." As usual, it was clear that Rainbow's repair priorities were slightly askew. "Like I said, nothing major." She said with a shrug, and an attempt to keep an honest, straight looking face.

"But okay, well, you can at least dock and give me a ride if I get in real trouble, right?" Rainbow suggested. That had happened a few times before, when the ship had totally packed in and she'd been stranded, but she'd always got it salvaged in the end. @[member="Kai Nariko"]

I walked on as the woman made a list longer than her hair about problems with her ship. I shook my head as she did so. It looks like alot of work would needed to be done for me to complete that. Her next question came with a nod. "Yeah, I don't see why not, If something happens to you, then we can stop to pick you up. And if we leave the ship, then I can come back and get it for you if necessary." I was trying to be kind to this woman whose name still made me shake my head.

(Doing a short post for now)

Minutes later, the sound of Kai's speeder could be heard pulling up to the two. Getting off of the vehicle, Luke walked over to them and handed the kid his keys back. "I got us a ship. It's roomy, fast, and is perfect for our journey to this planet." He looked at them for a few seconds, not sure what else to say. Pulling his hood back, he raised an eyebrow. "What? You didn't think I would steal the box-thing right? Right?"

Veevleigh

"Oh, okay, cool! Is it pink?" Rainbow asked with her usual chirpyness, before looking between the two. "....................No, guess not." She said rather miserably. Nobody ever wanted a pink spaceship except her. She didn't know what was wrong with people. Couldn't they see it was easily the best colour in the known universe?

"Anyway, cool! Where is it? I'll catch you up in my ship!" She decided, because she still didn't want to leave it behind. "Uh, where ever we're going, that is."

@[member="Luke Beleren"] @[member="Kai Nariko"]

Hearing the sound of a speeder come, I grabbed my lightsaber, and then put it back as I saw Luke coming. and with the information of a spaceship that we could use, nodded my head as I took back my keys. I only shook my head as the woman, Rainbow, asked if the ship was pink. Maybe if she had a room to herself on the ship it could be pink, but really I didn't want to be flying around in it with that color. I nodded my head as she did so. "Hey luke, that way her ship does not get messed up without me knowing about it, why don't you go with her, and I fly our ship?" I threw the idea out, because Rainbow was not connected to me, or at least wouldn't be making friends with me any time soon. Luke on the other hand, might be.

Luke looked from one to the other as they talked. Rainbow, unsurprisingly, wanted a pink ship. Kai suggested he took the ship while Luke and Rainbow drive her own. As much as he wanted to help, he wasn't willing to put his own money in someone's hands, especially when he had just met them. "I don't think I'm ready to trust you. No offense... Kai, was it? No offense, but just looking at you gives me a bad vibe. And I'm not too keen on bad vibes." He narrowed his eyes on the boy. "How about I take my ship, while you babysit the perfume factory?" He wasn't sure where the sudden hostility came from, but he didn't care either. Maybe it was leftovers from his family's death. Either way, asking that much trust was asking a lot. "I'll take the holographic box, and we'll meet on the planet. I've proven my word just by coming back, so don't question me."

I smiled as the man didn't trust me. Even then I opened my hands and spoke. "First, Don't say that about Rainbow. Treat women with respect. Second I gave you my bike and the holocron. You can just give me the ship. You need to learn to trust me. Now is a better time than never."

@[member="Luke Beleren"], @[member="Rainbow Flowers"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom