Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Finding One's Footing

Outfit: Jedi
Equipment: Training saber
Tag: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

"I don't think this whole fighting blind is working Master, how can I predict movements without observing?" Lily pointed out after the remote droid hit her for the fifth time in a row.

She was meant to be practising her Force Sense in a combat scenario, to sense the droid without her sight and be able to predict and defend herself. It was described as a simple Force ability that many beginner Padawans learnt. At least, that had been something she had read about from her books that she had poured over since she started her journey as a Jedi.

Tapping the visor that preventing her from seeing anything, Lily had dropped her guard with the droid temporarily. "Maybe this is futile, maybe I'm just not skilled enough yet?" Lily stated solemnly as she did not hold her skills with the Force highly. "Can I just take this...? Chit!" As she went to ask to remove the helmet, the droid blasted her again.

"Sorry Master! I shouldn't have cursed!" Lily blushed deeply, she was never one for cursing and knew that as a noble woman, she had to be more refined than that. It was just the remote droid got her good at the side of her neck.

It was clearly not stopping yet and Lily hesitantly raised her training saber again, calming her thoughts to try and locate the droid and get it back for the cheap shot.

f238cead5b5a746a10e13ff238afcac5.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria
Bri_Prof.png

Briana couldn't help but chuckle as Lily let out a string of curses at the Marksman-H Combat Remote. The training dojo on Coruscant hummed with the energy of countless students and teachers, all honing their own unique skills that they would have to one day use to serve the Jedi Order, Lily herself, included. She watched intently as Lily struggled to connect with her instincts and the Force, growing more frustrated by the moment. It was a familiar sight, one which reminded her that she'd been in Lily's shoes herself, not all that long ago.

From the corner of the training dojo, the Marksman-H Combat Remote whirred and prepared for another attack as Lily squared up. "Alright, Lily," Briana called out, her voice effortlessly cutting through the noise of the whirring Combat Remote. "Hold your position."

Walking over at a calm and measured pace, Briana deactivated the remote with an absent-minded wave of her hand. Once the buzzing drone fell silent, she turned her attention to Lily. "You're thinking about this too hard," she said softly, positioning herself to the side of Lily. "For this exercise, you are not seeking to observe with your eyes, but you are meant to feel with your heart."

"In fact... I want you to see something." Reaching over, she removed the visor from Lily's head, gesturing to the various scorch marks along the walls and floor that paid testament to her efforts. "You were blocking most of those hits without even realizing it. True instinct is subconscious - it doesn't require thought or planning. You were so focused on connecting to the Force that you didn't notice how many times you deflected blasts without any conscious effort."

She paused for a moment, letting this sink in before continuing. "The problem is that once you became aware of your success... you doubted yourself." Her arms folded across her chest, cocking one hip out and arching a brow. "And that's when the remote started getting hits in."

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:

Hearing the whirling of the remote droid shutting down, Lily dropped her stance and switched her saber off, wanting to avoid accidentally harming her Master. She figured it would not look good, nor would it be a sign that she was ready to forge her own Lightsaber any time soon. Her hands shifted to behind her as she heard her Master approaching, attempting to return to her polite, noble trained appropriate look instead of her cursing when the droid hit her good.

As the helmet was removed, Lily covered her eyes as the shield them to avoid harming them as they adapted to the brightness of the room. Taking a moment, she waited before being able to observe the scorch marks she created through her deflections. Lily tilted her head, instinct wanting to deny that this was her and that this was a prank or stun but Lily knew better than to claim her Master a liar or con artist. No, this was clearly from her being better at the task than she gave herself credit for.

"But..." Lily hesitated, not because she was afraid of her Master but she wanted to ensure that she got her wording correct. It had be clear what she was intending to say. "But, I didn't feel like I blocked this much... It did not feel as intense as this looks." Her body moving on its own accord meant that for a decent amount of it, Lily had been completely unaware that she was skillfully deflecting and protecting herself. She then faced her Master and bowed politely.

Rising from her bow, her gaze was fixed to the ground, "I am sorry that I am not able to get out of my own head about this Master. I have been trying to accept my skills in the Force and wrangling control to be able to do simple tasks as you and Master Valery have shown me. However, it seems that I keep getting in my own way." There was shame in her voice, she knew she could be better but she was not achieving as well as she could be able to and wasn't sure why.

If she was able to do this task without thinking, able to gain some control over the Force subconsciously, why was she struggling to do it consciously. There had to be a reason.

lHsUUNx.png

Equipment: Blaster Pistol - Leg Compartment
Tags: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Lily Decoria Lily Decoria
MrODfEP.png

"Your manifestation of extrasensory awareness is an exceptional step on its own. Do not undercut your learned skills understudy Decoria." Sid appeared silently in the doorway of the training hall. Both hands occupied with tray carrying drinks and snacks.

It hadn't been requested, but given his owners tendency to be unaware of her biological needs, prudence dictated his awareness of what habits may impart themselves on an understudy.

"It is my understanding through text descriptions that this practice becomes a subconscious effort, in a similar format to your standard biological respiratory functions." Sid informed her, drawing close enough to offer the tray to Lily first. "Is there something within your organic processor that is troubling you? What is your rest cycle pattern within the last standard month? Has your consumption of nourishment been sufficient for your assigned tasks?"

He would not leave her side until she had taken a suitable drink and snack, staring at her until she made her selection before turning his full attention to Briana.

To first offer the tray to Lily a decision from his own calculations that the younger organic had exerted effort. And while not a reward, effort should be recognized despite his internal programming to tend to his owner foremost. Having already seen Briana's ability to ignore her own needs, Sid left little room for negotiations on the matter as he approached her.

"Your understudy should witness that even their teacher needs to replenish vital functions. At the very least allow themselves to be receptive of suggestions and or assistance." Sid would not relent from offering Briana a drink and nourishment, paired with a stern but thinly veiled suggestion she set an example for her understudy.

lHsUUNx.png

Briana_Div_2.png

Tag: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria , SID-10S "Sid" SID-10S "Sid"
Bri_Prof.png

Briana took a step closer to Lily, observing her Padwan's downcast gaze and countenance. Reaching out, she gently lifted the girl's chin, urging her to meet her own steady gaze. "Lily," Briana began, her tone a balance between warmth and firm resolve, "you don't need to apologize. It is through our struggles that we truly learn; success is merely a confirmation of what we already know."

Her grasp relaxed, fully releasing her hold as she turned to address Sid, standing off to one side with a tray of refreshments proffered almost incessantly. A wry smile graced Briana's lips as she took two drinks, acknowledging Sid with both amusement and appreciation, "Alright, alright. Point taken—thank you."

With an unexpected flick of her wrist, Briana sent one of the bottles tumbling through the air towards Lily, watching her snatch the errant drink mid-air with ease. "When I tossed that bottle just now... did you have to think really hard about catching it? Or did your instincts see you through?" Briana inquired, working to pop the lid off her own drink before taking a sip of the shimmering blue liquid.

"Just as Sid pointed out. Using the Force is as natural as breathing—as natural as catching a simple bottle. Learn to trust in the Force. Allow it to guide you – unburdened by thought and self-doubt. And like this bottle, it will always find its way into your grasp."

Once refreshments were consumed, she retrieved Lily's helmet and walked towards her, holding it out. "Do you want to try again?"

Briana_Div_2.png

Tag: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | SID-10S "Sid" SID-10S "Sid"

Sid entering the room with refreshments broke some of the tension that Lily had been feeling about the training. Her gaze being forcibly made to meet Briana's put some fire in her own eyes, she was not one for being made to do something. At least, she had been brought up to not allow someone make her do something that she didn't necessarily want to do. Her eyes refused to meet Briana's while her head had been tilted up, it was the only defiant act she had done since being Briana's Padawan. Usually she was comfortable in complying but she would not be forced to look another person in the eyes, that was not a comfortable act for her.

The words that Briana gave Lily made her wince slightly, she was being defiant and then Briana was offering comfortable and reassurance, it really cut away from her bold play. Made her seem a lot more bratty than she had intended to be. Especially since they were words of reassurance. "I appreciate the words Master." Her eyes flickered towards her Master's gaze, "truly."

"My sleep schedule is well maintained thank you Sid, I keep a tight schedule and daily routine to ensure that I am always performing at my optimized capacity. I can send you the schedule if you wished to see it." Her tone was polite, she was always happy to talk about her routines and schedules, they were what gave her life balance and avoided the chaos of life. "It feels more complex than breathing right now, like I am trying to breathe in too much or exhaling too much, a lack of control unless I am actively thinking and concentrating on it."

Her hand snapped out and instantly grabbed the bottle that was thrown in her direction. She tilted her head towards her Master, "but failing to catch the bottle would not end up risking serious harm to those around me. Losing control of the Force will, I need to be conscious of that and how much I use of it." Lily stated firmly, she could not move pass the fact that the Force was a weapon, it was dangerous, deadly in fact.

She sighed, perhaps she was overthinking this whole situation but her mind would not let go that there was a risk, she had demonstrate such risk and she did not wish to repeat history. Take a long drink of the bottle to hydrate herself. Lily paused, staring at the helmet as she wondered if this time it would go differently. If she did not attempt to improve then she couldn't, that was the only thing that was keeping her going at this point. The memory of launching the boy into the air and slamming him into the brick wall kept replaying in her mind. She couldn't afford that to happen to anyone else.

"Lets do it." Lily stated firmly.

Briana_Div_2.png

Tag: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria
Bri_Prof.png

Briana regarded Lily for a long moment, her eyes probing and serious, there was a determination in Lily's voice that she hadn't heard before, giving her hope— perhaps they would be able to move forward.

"Very well," Briana replied, her expression softening just a fraction before releasing the helmet. "Remember, Lily, you must be willing and open to finding that balance in yourself for this to work. If you can't, then we're wasting our time."

Taking two steps back, Briana activated the remote once more. "Focus on your breathing," she instructed. "Feel the rhythm of the world around you—feel how it resonates with your own heartbeat. Now, extend your senses outwards. The Force is an extension of you," Briana paused, observing Lily closely as she continued, the remote unleashing its first volley of low-setting blaster bolts, each shot aimed precisely at Lily. "Feel as each bolt leaves the training remote, sense its trajectory without relying on sight and deflect it."

Briana_Div_2.png

Wasting our time. Was Lily truly holding Briana back?

Perhaps she was doing worse than she could have imagined as a Jedi Padawan. It dawned on her that Lily not performing well was demonstrating a poor ability to teach from Briana, something that she felt was far from the truth, she wanted to break down and apologise profusely at her failures. That she would explain to Master Noble that it was Lily who could not work as a Jedi and not the failings of Briana. However, she held back. Her teacher wanted to continue, she wanted Lily to succeed and she had to try, she had to do something.

To show Briana that she was a great teacher, the right teacher for her.

"Understood Master," Lily stated. She placed the helmet on and focused on her breathing. She had to view this similar to how normal fighting was for her. Predictions, sensing the movements minutes before they happened, the ability all Echani held in being so skilled that the end of fights were known before they ended. If she could do that without using the Force, then she must be skilled enough to predict the remote droid and defend herself. She had to be able to do this.

The first shot came, it hit Lily's thigh. She mentally cursed but now she knew it had started. Even with her vision blocked, she closed her eyes. Tapping not only into the Force but also into her training. Lily moved, dancing around as the next few shots were fired. Her body was displaying the grace of a skilled fighter with the abilities only a strong Force User could obtain. For several long moments there was harmony between Lily and the Force, she was able to defend herself, as she could sense the droid through the Force so clearly that she basically could see it. It was joyous and made her feel like alive and that there was a way for her to use the Force and not be scared of it.

Then she felt the wave of emotional feedback. The good, the bad, the ugly, the everything in between and it slammed into hard. She could barely breathe as it just overwhelmed her. She was feeling emotions from people several rooms over, she was sensing the life of rodents, the chaos around life and death. It was everything all at once. Her mind exploded with too much information, her Force powers exploded from her in a wave before she crumbled down into a ball.

An outburst. Again. She failed. Again.

Briana deserved a better student than Lily, she knew that now. She was out of control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom