Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Finding a Droid

The mission to find and retrieve a few modified HK model assassin droids and the corresponding data in the jungles of Dxun.

On the planet Myrkr, in the early morning baging could be heard out side of my ship, a Lighthouse Class freighter. My head was in an access panel on my ship. I was fixing some burnt out components. They were old parts, ones that i had neglected.

"Haar'chak!" A shock had run up my arm, i had forgotten to power down the area i was working on. Hearing footsteps on the board ramp I pulled my self out of the panel, secured it and turned to the figure just inside the cargo bay. It was Meshla Detta Meshla Detta I had met her the night before during the funeral for the Mandoade that had died during the Sith Empires ravaging of Mandalore. She had agreed to come with me back to my home planet of Dxun to retrieve a few modified HK assassin droid and their accompanying data.

"Olarom Meshla, welcome to the Soasi's Heart. How are you feeling this morning?" I asked.

Looking at her I could see she was ready for anything. Good, Dxun is a dangerous place. I thought to myself. I wiped my hands on a rag and clipped my helmet to my belt, which had been siting on the deck. "Come let me give you the 5 credit tour." I smile and show her the way inside the ship.

Last edited:
Don't.call.me.beautiful. (retired)
One never boarded another Mandalorian's ship without proper notice so Meshla banged her gauntlet fist against the outer hull of Thror Cal Vorn Thror Cal Vorn 's vessel upon arriving, well at least she hoped it was Soasi's Heart or there would be hell to pay.

The night's festivities after the funeral pyres long burned out were a bit fuzzy given after downing a few tankard's of Ne'tra gal, the Detta enjoyed more than one or three shots of Tihaar as well. Yeah, not the best thing to do the night before going on a job with a Mando she really knew nothing about except for the small talk shared in between gulps.

As Meshla started to walk up the boarding ramp of the Lighthouse-class freighter, one she'd not actually seen before, the female Mando heard a familiar curse in Mando'a. It was one of the usual ones that crossed her lips when purpose came. Seeing that he'd been doing some maintenance to his ship just prior to her coming aboard may or may not have instilled confidence that this trip might be over before it started, but she'd cut him the benefit of the doubt for now.

The Detta woman's red buy'ce with black accents was lifted off, then clipped to her utility belt too; dark blonde styled again in a double dutch plaited crown style to make her long hair no-nonsense and wearable under a helmet. "Vor entye! I'm good, though could be better with a cup of joe in me if you've got any," Mesh replied with a small pleading grin, then blue eyes peered around the area they were starting from.

"Sounds good. Always good to know one's way around when it's not yours... So I was curious, how do you like to be addressed as your name is a bit of a mouthful? And where does your clan hail from again?"

Last edited:
https://servimg.com/view/13454604/5#

I smile at the mention of my odd name and begin to walk towards the back of the cargo bay.
“Yeah mom and dad could decide what to name me Thror or Cal so one of my sisters said why not both. But Thror will be fine I only use my full name when I am meeting with other Alors.”

I walk through the door and point to a room to the left the to a small corridor to my right.
“Here we have the mead bay and some passenger compartments. As for my clan we from Dxun. Right now there is only me my sisters and my son.”

I continue to a set of stairs and take them up to the main deck.
“And here is the galley. It’s is always open so don’t be shy. Down the aft hallway is engineering and this way is to the crew bunks sand the bridge.”

I stop and point to the the hatches on the lower part of the bulkhead.
“Those are the hatches to the crew dorms the one to port and furthest towards the bridge is mine you are welcome to any of the others. And here is the bridge. Just a pilot and a co-pilot but I usually fly her myself.”

I finish the tour with a big smile on my face. I loved this ship.

Last edited:
"Thror it will be then... Mesh works for me or just Detta," she replied with a similar smile. Best to get those particulars out of the way right off the bat since they'd be working like partners.

Meshla followed along on the tour of the Lighthouse-class freighter, peering around mindfully and committing the foreign layout to memory as they went. The deck plans were well-thought-out for a unique-styled vessel.

Heavy boots clinked as the two Mandos walked up the stairs to the main deck. Blue orbs looked to where he pointed. Oh good, he did have some caf brewed! Mesh thought as she peeked in the galley.

"Gotcha... Will do," the dark blonde nodded appreciatively to Thror Cal Vorn Thror Cal Vorn , then the tour ended when he showed her the bridge of Saosi's Heart. The man was certainly proud of his baby.

"Nice ship. I'm impressed... Kinda big though for one to crew her alone, hmm. Do you have modified slave circuits so all the systems are at your fingertips from the pilot's chair?"

Throughout the whole tour I had noticed those bright blue eyes looked like they were taking pictures of the ships layout. "Yeah it is, most of the time it my sisters, my son Kerrick and me." I look to the co-pilots chair where my son always sat.

"The ship was designed for a crew of 5 with 4 passengers, but it can be piloted buy one person with a lot of the systems automated." I gesture Mesh to follow me back to the galley. I motion to a seat and pour two cups of cafe, handing on to her. I then start up the holo projector and pull up a map of Dxun.

"So about a week ago I got an automated message that my bunker on Dxun had been breached, now i dont know if it is the moon reclaiming its land or some creature was able to get in. Our destination it is and Old Republic bunker that i was suprised it was still intact. Inside that bunker is some old droids that I had repaired enough to help defend the bunker and a pair of HK-47 droids that I had built me self. I kept them off the bunkers net workso if an alarm was triped they would not activate. We are going to land here at my old homestead its the only place that is big enough for me to land. from there we will have to hike about 3 kilometers through the jungle that will take quite a few days the jungle has most likely reclaimed the path I had to the bunker. There was a small pack of Maalraas near by i dont know if they will still be there or not."

I pick up my cup of cafe and take a drink. Looking to Mesh to see what she thought so far.

Meshla Detta Meshla Detta

"Quite the family affair. Nice set up then. It's smart to be able to fly with either configuration and manpower," Mesh offered an approving smile to Thror Cal Vorn Thror Cal Vorn , then very much welcomed the gesture to follow him back to the galley. A jolt of caffeine was what she needed badly right now and the view wasn't so bad either.

Meshla took a seat at the ship's lounge table and watched him get the caf ready in the galley. The man seemed at least domesticated to a degree and his manners weren't too slouchy either. Some male Mandos, well they were quite the opposite. The dark blonde gladly accepted the cup from him and nodded a thanks, "Vor entye," before taking a sip of the steaming dark liquid. It was just like she liked it - strong and black.

Her blue gaze fixed on the projected holo map shown while listening thoughtfully to the parameters of the mission he gave. Memories of Meshla's short time on the Demon Moon came back to her. There were some good, some not so good. It had been just after Mand'alor the Exile - her stepfather, led a small group of survivors from the cataclysmic event that destroyed Manda'yaim to the ruins of Dxun's outpost on the far side of the moon. She and her young son had survived the disaster, but her grandparents had not... as many vode in both Keldabe and Enceri respectively marched on that day.

"I'm all in. Sounds, well fun," she grinned before taking another drink of the caf provided. It was definitely hitting the spot, though it might take another cup to really do the job this morning.

"So, tell me about your son How old is he?"

Last edited:
I smiled at her acceptance to the trip. I hated to fly alone, she did shock me by asking about my son. Not many people asked about him. I switch the holo projector to an image of Kerrick and I both with our helmets off standing behind a young Zakkeg that Kerrick had killed during his verd'gotten.

"Well he is 16 now. I know the math doesn't add up, I adopted him 4 years ago on Carlacc when me and some other mandos went to help them rebuild and take care of some slavers. His birth parents had been killed by the slavers a few years before we went to Carlacc. After that i took him back to Dxun to train, and did he take well to mando life. i didnt think i could have got him ready for his verd'gotten, but he surprised me. He is a wiz with starships, if it has anything to do with a ship Kerrick can fix or fly it."

I say all this while staring at the holo image.

Meshla Detta Meshla Detta

The way Thror Cal Vorn Thror Cal Vorn talked about Kerrick and the way his dark eyes gleamed with a proud father's love as he looked at the holo shown...

It was something Meshla only knew too well as that is how she had reacted regarding her own son. The loss of Valen was still felt as if his death happened just yesterday, or last week, or last month, but it had been a good year since the young boy marched on. She wondered how long it would take for the raw pain to not make her just want to join him... And all those who have gone before me. The Detta was having a hard time finding a reason to live... Something would need to change or Mesh would continue to slide to the depths of self-pity and beyond.

The dark blonde shook those wistful thoughts away as she realized there was seemingly a pregnant pause after Thror had finished his story of how he came to be Kerrick's father.

"Good for you, Thror. That's how it's supposed to work. Kerrick certainly sounds like a great ad, and you a good buir to him," Mesh nodded with a sincere smile, then she downed the rest of the caf in one gulp as it was only lukewarm by now.

Meshla placed the cup back down atop the table, then pushed it slightly forward as that she had enough for now even though the Mando could probably drink the whole rest of the pot by herself.

"So is there anything I can help you with? Dxun awaits us, hmm."

I smile at Meshla Detta Meshla Detta , she was right Dxun did await us.

“No I don’t think so. You walked in just as I was finishing up let’s head up to the bridge and get the trip started”

I got up from the table and made my way to the bridge, and took the chair at the right console and motioned for Meshla to take the Left chair and console.

“The other console is yours Mesh. I’m gonna pull up the pre-flight check and mirror it over there if you see anything come up yellow or red call it out I’ll be doing the same over here”

I pull up the check list and started to go through it. After a few minutes the list was finished and everything looked good to me.

“Everything look good over there?”

I look over to Meshla wondering if I had missed anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom