Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Find Your Wings

will you sink down to me?
467e5ec37e5441ec25fa84ad21b54d3f.jpg

Level xXx,
Coruscant Underworld

// Worrarg Worrarg \\

To say Damsy felt bad would be a understatement.

She felt bad that the levels were so cramped down here, for all of their down-on-luck residents, but mostly for Forerunner. Nothing in this galaxy was designed with Sithspawn in mind, from infrastructures to societies' conceptions, not anywhere in the galaxy: not here on Coruscant and, ironically, not even in former Sith space either. It didn't matter what they looked like either—oversized or not, human-esque or covered by down, etcetera, etcetera. The Siren was blessed with both latter conditions, she was aware. Plus, with or without an aural dispersion charm, she found it relatively easy to blend into a crowd in terms of Force signature. Still, it was nice to wear one, like the newest one she had designed as a transparent ring, so she didn't have to commit her focus to projecting Buried Presence herself.

Point was, for as unfair as she felt her creation had been, she felt obliged to spread what few blessings had slipped the cracks of misfortune. The included what she was up to today: showing Forerunner what the levels above the Reef were like through word of mouth.

She uncrossed her arms from under her capelet and powered on her wrist holo. It began ringing a local frequency set up in the Reef's qabbrat. All she had to do was wait for her fellow Spawn to pick up.

Well things could have been going better, or worse. He wasn't badly off, yet, there was much he wanted to do, or learn. That was hard to do when you weren't exactly the most subtle creature He could sneak quite well, but in as dense a city as they were in, soemthing his size and shape would inevitably get seen. Even with his sight and physical abilities, there was only so much that could be done.

His head lifted up as he heard a noise, tilting his head slightly. "[Ah, the holo.]" he realized rising and moving swiftly over, the long fingers reaching out to find whichever button it was that activated it. Holograms were always funky for him. He knew they were there. He understood, relatively, what they were. Yet understanding what was on them could be far more difficult. Sometimes he felt he knew, that he was being told by the force. But they weren't so easy to just see like everything else.

["Hello, this is Forerunner speaking who is this?"] He inquired sitting himself down and listening.

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

Damsy got smiling right away. She hadn't seen much of Forerunner of late and not spoken at length with him when she did. "Hey, Runny," she said in the way an an announcement. "I got to thinkin', you didn't get to really see much o' Coruscant when we moved you in." They had been rather focused on the logistics of smuggling him off an unregistered ship down through the Underworld into a formerly abandoned factory workshop, or at least Damsy had been. "So I wondered if you wanted to take a virtual walk with lil' ole me. Whattya say?"

Worrarg Worrarg

The creature hummed as he heard the familiar voice, and the nickname. An odd one but it didn't bother him. She was right about how little he saw of course. Even with his vision they weren't exactly on a sight seeing tour when he'd arrived. Nor would that have likely been a good idea given the circumstances. ["That sounds quite excellent to me. Plus, maybe I can learn a bit about the difference between the way you see things and I do. Maybe not literally, but just how you interpret it into words. I get two things for the price of one."]

There was something oddly satisfying about having allies, or friends. Even as little as he was able to provide in his own turn. It was still a pleasant thing. Someday they'd figure out a way for him to be useful perhaps. Though, he supposed, he probably did serve as some sort of guard dog if need be. It wasn't necessarily easy to sneak into a place when there was a massive creature that could see through walls and had very heightened senses waiting.

Still, he hoped for more eventually.

"Right," Damsy replied, still smiling.

"Well, then, uh..." She glanced around the street, looking for something interesting to describe. "Oh! I'm passing a bakery. Er, no, it's actually a few blocks up. The smell is just wafting down the street.

"Which is pretty narrow. And dark." Damsy turned her head up. She could just make out the high ceiling of the level with aid of her abyss vision. "I think this level's atmospheric holograms are out." When she looked back at where she was walking, the dim glow of storefront lights and streetlamps blurred her vision. It took a moment, and a few impaired steps, for it to adjust. "But evidently the air filters aren't. The smell's real sweet, hints of vanilla and, I think, bergamot."

She came to a stop, now beside the shop in question. "Aww, it's cute." Damsy walked in, door gently dangling a bell as she opened it and then it fell closed. The holo probably picked up at least a note of sound, but in case it didn't, she tried to explain. "They have a bell connected to the door. It rings to let the cashier know that a customer's come in."

As if on cue, a disembodied voice floated in from an archway into the back: "I'll be with you in a moment!"

"Take your time!" Damsy called back as she approached a shelf of pasties behind glass. She rattled their names off to Forerunner. "There's a ton of scones with different bits of fruit each. Dried probably. I see some strawberries, blueberries, and maybe, uh, either pear or apple." With prices to match, she added to herself. Even dried fruit was expensive in the above world. She had no idea where berries were imported from, just that they were. "Cupcakes, doughnuts... Ooh, there's some shony cake." She was getting a piece of that for herself.

"I think I'll get somethin' for Kai," she mused, not that she thought enough sugar would mend their disagreements. A mother was simply thinking of her son. "I know grain ain't meat, but does a baked good sound like something you'd eat?"

Worrarg Worrarg

Worrarg listened intently as she talked. Most descriptions he got quite well, the smell, the narrow alley. Some systems being off, doors and definitely the food. It was nice hearing what other people saw or thought about things they were viewing. And what she didn't speak of he might guess on or imagine in some way.

While the 'scone' bit was not quite in his alley, he had absolutely nothing wrong with fruits. Meats of course were more his thing, but adding in plants was an expectation. He released an approving grunt at her mentioning getting something for Kai, that seemed a good thing to do. Not that he would have thought of it, but it seemed correct when she mentioned it.

He let out a slight rolling noise like a laugh, ["I appreciate it, but no. Grains and such just aren't for me. Probably one of the few plants that I don't like unfortunately. It wouldn't kill me, but it wouldn't necessarily help me either, or taste good. I wonder if corn..."] his mind wandered off slightly, as corn was something he was aware of but also hadn't tried. He couldn't remember or figure out what it fit with, ["Apologies, I was distracted. Sorry but I just don't eat grains unless necessary. More for you certainly."]

Perhaps by now his voice would be a little easier to recognize the tones for, but he wasn't particularly disappointed aside from perhaps not being able to say yes. He realized he might have grown a little more social than his intended purpose...oh well. Not his fault. Maybe not even a fault.

["What about...the life?"] He asked curious, ["I know our eyes are not the same. What do they look like to you? What do they feel like? Or the darkness and lights, or colours? Those are things less familiar to my eyes. I'm sure you can't describe them to me literally but...like sounds perhaps. I hear there are patterns on people like zabraks or twi'leks. "]

While he wasn't sure if she could give him an accurate or detailed description, or any at all, that was ok. Even an inability to answer might give him a little insight into how she saw the place and the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom