Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Find The Way

Adzatsmam was patrolling the new ship, something he always did on the old one... but he needed to make the rounds on the new ship so he could get used to it. His people were finally able to experience food. The only generation of his people that knew about food were the first ones first on the ship, the ones that caused it to become lost. Every other generation had only fed off the dark side of the force for so long to survive and thrive. As he was patrolling, he came across the new little temple the priests were setting up, and thought to visit the Viae and take another gander at the Tome. But before he ventured in, he stopped just at the door, the entrance to the temple. He watched some priests wander about as he realized something. He thought for a moment beginning walking up to one of the Kissai. "Priest, you there. Would you answer me a question?"

The Kissai looked up, not expecting the Vazir to grace them with a visit. He bowed and gave Adzatsmam his full attention. "What is it, great Vazir?" The Kissai asked. "Priest... do we let anyone read the Shahku Tome?" Adzatsmam asked, showing concern. "Well, Vazir... he reserve the Tome from most Shahku, but most can come and visit."

"No..." this was unsettling to Adzatsmam. "Priest, we must guard the Tome. It is our life, our history. I will make guards, I will need Viae and Priest support. Go... speak to Viae, so we can make the Shahku Guards..." Adzatsmam spoke and he waved the Priest away as he turned to leave. The Priest nodded and knew what he needed to do.

Adzatsmam was upset that there was no guard for the Tome. Sure, they had a very mighty ship now... but the ship could be boarded, and intruders could sneak aboard. Their best defense were swordsman and the priests with their defensive or supportive spells, but that was barely enough to fight enemy soldiers, let alone force users. Adzatsmam was going to recruit the top warriors of Shahku, and give them a life long mission that would go down in tradition, a new symbol of Shahku. Adzatsmam swiftly left the temple area and went towards the training area. It wasn't entirely far from the temple, but it was a massive ship, so it would take him awhile. Still... the broadcast system was both an inconvenience to learn and not something they were used to. Eventually... Adzatsmam knew communicators were going to be a very needed thing. The old ship could be walked.. but in this it took quite a long time! Finally, after getting a little tired with his age, he reached the training area.

Adzatsmam entered the training area and proceeded to get everyones attention. "Warriors of Shahku... I have need of your help. I need best warriors." The Massassi gathered around. There were many, very many Massassi, but the top warriors were mostly known to be here. "What is it you need, Vazir? Why do you come all the way here and ask for us?" One of the Massassi spoke up, curious to why Adzatsmam came all this way. Usually Adzatsmam left the warriors to train themselves since they never needed him, they were on their way to training others now. Besides, he had his Vazir duties. Rarely did he have time to meet with his old time Massassi warriors that he trained from young ones.

"The best warriors," Adzatsmam replied, "I will be making an elite group of defenders to protect our most important things. This will be a life long job, but you will be revered as our most valuable thing, second to those you protect."

"But Vazir, we are trained in fighting tactics, with swords. We do not train with shields." "Yes, we train to fight back, to assault, to charge!" A massassi yelled, the others cheering. "This will be a very honorable position, my Warriors." He reached his hands out to his brothers, putting his hands on their shoulders. "We must protect the Priests, and we must protect the Tome, they are our lives. Without them, we are nothing. You must understand, you are already trained in offensive tactics, but you will also master the art of defense. You will become greater warriors than others. You will be... you will be..." Adzatsmam closed his eyes for a moment as he went deep into thought. "You will be the Sersaarai."

The meaning of the word sent chills through the Massassi as they understood it. It wasn't scary, but it felt very strong, very serious, to the reason why they were fighting and surviving.

The Massassi became very quiet, respecting the possible title they may receive. "It is an honor, Vazir, to be granted such a title. But what can we do? The rituals can not be done... we are no better than common warriors. The offer is beyond our ability to properly give its weight and value." The other Massassi agreed with the warrior. The Massassi could not pass the ritual in which they could learn the Dark Side of the Force, the powers it can offer, the strength it can provide them... How could they protect it against the weapons of this new era, or force users who would seek the Shahku's power.

"Warriors, I will be working with the Priests to be making you great weapons and armor. Both you will have to learn to fight with and fight in. They will be heavy, and they will be new. But as the best warriors of Shahku, I know... I entrust in our family, that we can achieve anything. We will have our home again, I promise. You trust me, yes?" Adzatsmam said calmly and slowly so his people could hear and understand.

The Massassi that had gathered around him nodded in agreement, "We trust in you, mighty Adzatsmam." "We trust in the Vazir!" "For the Vazir!" The Massassi smiled and cheered, and Adzatsmam smiled, starting to join in with the cheering. "Warriors! My people! It will be because of you that we take our home back! Even if it means we must face the entire galaxy! The Sith will be feared again! With our strongest people!" Adzatsmam yelled. The group got into a bit of a jest as the cheering got their pride worked up and they nudged each other. It caused them to start challenging each other to seek out the best Warrior.

This was not the outcome that Adzatsmam hoped for, however ,as his people started cheering they began challenging each other all for the Vazir. "No no!" Adzatsmam called out, trying to stop the challenges. "It is very honorable that you would compete for the title, but I must make the decision. Where are the teachers? All of the teachers?"

The Massassi began to look confused as Adzatsmam stopped their competitions, feeling let down, some even feeling put down. "Does the Vazir not respect our strength? Why is it we can not show our strength for the Vazir?" One Massassi spoke up, the others agreeing. Adzatsmam shook his head and engaged with the group, embracing them. "If you are not chosen, do not feel you are not worthy, my people. If you are not chosen, you may be chosen for something else, maybe something greater. Hey... you may be the one to scream out that Dromund Kaas is ours, rallying us together. Or you might just need a little more training until you can become Sersaarai." Adzatsmam nudged them with a smirk, "Maybe you are destined to be the next Vazir," he said jokingly, trying to get a positive rouse out of the group. The Massassi chuckled slightly.

"Vazir," one of the Massassi spoke up, getting through the crowd. "I am sorry, some of the trainers are not here. There were competitions some time ago and they are resting now." Adzatsmam nodded and released his people from his grasp, giving his attention to the Massassi that spoke up. "Please, everyone... get word to the teachers and the strongest. I will need at least ten members, but I must choose... so gather up the best. This will be protect our very existence. To protect the fight for the truth. One of the highest honors a warrior can receive. Gather them all here the same time here tomorrow, please." He leaned in to the Massassi that spoke up to him, grasping his hand in a strong gesture, asking for trust. "Please, promise me, you will gather our best for this ceremony. It will require intense training of many kinds. You will, yes? Tell me you will?"

The Massassi nodded, and grasped Adzatsmam's hand that held his, in which Adzatsmam returned in kind as well. "We will honor the Vazir for his request, it would be a great honor to be trained for this position and taught new things by the Vazir himself. Thank you, Adzatsmam. You have given us so much while we live in so little. I am sorry... if it wasn't for you, when your father passed... we do not believe we could have kept going. Your father was the greatest warrior our family has ever seen. Even while we are in this small place, our feet forever altered by the metal of the ship, stiffened backs by the old and aged beds, he was the best fighter, and he kept us smiling, all knowing one day we would be home. You have not killed that dream, Adzatsmam. We can not wait until our flattened feet can feel the ground of Kaas!" The Massassi gave a single cheer, for Dromund Kaas, for Adzatsmam's father, for the Vazir.

"You honor me with your admiration, great Warrior. Please, you embarrass me," Adzatsmam laughed as the other Massassi chuckled. "Listen, when the items are complete, I will personally train you the best I can with help of the Priests. You will have to manage the weight of the armor, and the balance of the new weapon. It will be of our training spears, but heavier. A guard uses a spear, to keep the enemy at a long reach, to push them back. The Armor will keep you safe and you will protect whatever it is with your body and soul. The weapon should give you an edge against Force Users. Without the ritual... we can not make you worthy fighters... but I promise you, I will make you the best I can, you will be a worthy match for any aggressor, this I promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom