Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final Notice (Sasori)

Matsu Ike said:
Looking at her as she was debating it and offering a grin. "Oh there are ways to do everything, it ages from exposure to the air and that starts the process and then it just continues with more and more weight being added to it and well I have a research team working on it. We'll figure out the secret." At least that was the goal with her research team, they just needed to get there and work with it... which was the goal here. The base was being negotiated outside the range of the sacred site and they would be able to mine underneath and take the oldest as well as siphon off a few from the top to compare and study. The locals were getting a good deal and if there was a way to better maintain and protect the site well they would be getting that plus an influx of credits to handle the annoying and dangerous beings going after them or the fountain. She could work with Kay's diplomatic skills of course and who knew what else they might find here on the planet, it was all so mysterious.

Matsu Ike said:
"There is always going to be opposition on things like this. You can't please everyone in a situation but many have seen the benefits and given we aren't strip mining the world but using it in a way that will be less exploitive then some others. We have made people happy, having the labs be underground and out of site as well helps with things since it can respect their culture as well as the major rules of it all but still give us a chance to work with some of the things." THe jedi master had no doubt of the danger and problems that could arise from it but there wa also the major benefits of it all. A chance to write the book on a substance in the galaxy few knew about and few really understood so it could hopefully be respected and not destroyed or taken.... Plus taking from the old parts of it that no one can see anymore would allow it to continue going on how it is.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/78335-yellow-flag/

When Arisa had become the Watchman of Klatooine, she had been alarmed to discover Sasori's exploitation of the local population, desecrating their holiest site for a project that would eventually lead to the creation of Sasori Mesh. Native Klatooinians across the planet had become enraged as they became aware of the situation. The government quickly intervened, revoking all mining and development rights in, under, or around the Fountain of Ancients.

For many, that hadn't been enough, so when agents of Sasori were again discovered to be operating on the planet, there were renewed protests against the government.

Much of her time as Watchman had been devoted to responding to the flurry of crises that had sprung up in other corners of the Silver Space, she wasn't able to give the domestic matter the attention it deserved. However, back from Ossus with some down time, she finally looked deeper into the issue as it became a pressing concern for the government.

People were calling for an outright ban on all Sasori operations within the system, which included the recent joint conservation project between Panacea and Sasori to erect a "green wall" of forests around the ever encroaching Derelkoos Desert. Arisa had began that initiative herself, recruiting companies to provide their expertise in conservation.

Looking at all the facts about how the process went down, she was inclined to agree with those calling for the ban. As a Jedi, she subscribed to the tenant of respecting different cultures. While it was nice having awesome mystical items or super advanced materials, none of those things were worth it to her if it meant robbing others, which is essentially what happened as a few pieces of common tech and some credits were doled out the locals near the Fountain to secure their consent, who had not been at all representative of Klatooinians as a whole. It reminded her of certain shady tactics of colonists securing new lands by finding a group of willing locals to rubber stamp their treaties, whether or not they actually had such authority to do so. That was not the Jedi way, but rather something to be expected of a Sith.

After much discussion with the Elder Council, it was decided that there would be a total ban on Sasori activity. The Fountain itself would also be officially declared a public landmark. The government made a public announcement over the airwaves on Klatooine, while Arisa handled a direct message to the offices of Sasori herself:

Dear Matsu Ike,

Regrettably, I must inform you that, effective immediately, all operating rights of Sasori Research & Development and its subsidiaries on Klatooine have been revoked indefinitely by the Elder Council under Executive Order #6754.

Sasori has 30 days to shut down all operations and relocate out of system. All facilities that have not been dismantled or sold off by then will be taken over by the Elder Council in a public holding. Compensation will be provided in the event that this occurs.

As Watchman of Klatooine, I will be personally overseeing the process to ensure that everything is handled smoothly and equitably. Grandmaster Heavenshield has been notified of my involvement in enforcing EO-6754.

Speaking as one Jedi to another, I am disappointed by the methods used to acquire the initial wintrium samples for replication. As Sasori is closely tied to the image of the Silver Jedi Order, I implore you to remember your ethical responsibilities while conducting your business moving forward.

Attached to this email is the contact information for the Elder Council, and there should be some followup from them on this original message. They would like to make it clear that this not meant to be a hostile move against Sasori, but an act of repentance for a grave error made in allowing excavation operations at the Fountain of Ancients.

If you have any questions for me, then I can be reached immediately by my official line. I expect to be on Klatooine for the foreseeable future, so I will also be available for live meetings if that's also your preference.

Respectfully,
Arisa Yune, Watchman of Klatooine

[member="Matsu Ike"]
[member="Coci Heavenshield"]
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Matsu looked at the message and raised an eyebrow. "Do we still have operations on the planet?" She asked it while sitting on the ship as one fo the people there with her. "Only what Watchmen Yune allowed when she invited your padawan and daughter to the world. We pulled off the world months ago." The jedi master shrugged and motioned with her hand. "Then that is that. We have nothing left there and Sorel and orihime's projects can be continued in other locations." She looked at the ones there and typed up a quick reply. "Watchmen Yune... we sadly have to inform you that we have not had operations on the world for months except on projects you asked be brought there to help with. From one jedi to another I would recommend keeping better records."

She frowned as she read through the response. There had been no words of apology, just a snide remark on keeping proper records. It didn't surprise her much, the Jedi having a reputation for being callous and self-righteous. If it hadn't been been for her request for their assistance with terraforming efforts, then Matsu and Sasori would have forgotten it their endless quest for new planets to exploit. There weren't even any royalties or jobs offered to the Klatooinians for their troubles. Ironically, Arisa had called them in part to rehabilitate their image with the locals.

She had no reason to respond to such a message, but there last thing to be done to clear her conscience. In a large case, Arisa packed up all the items that she had received from Sasori from her days with the Republic, and now the Silver Order, then shipped it all back on a first class trip to Shri-Tal (out of her own pocket, of course).

Beginning her personal boycott of all things Sasori, she began work on new initiatives to better leverage the resources of Klatooine to the benefit of the people, and to provide a more ethical alternative to Sasori's many offerings. It was a huge undertaking to say the least, the massive conglomerate being one of the largest in the galaxy, but it one that needed to be done.

While Sasori had conveniently gone with the wind, remnants of their operations still remained. Rather than be destroyed, engineering teams found it easier to seal up the entrances to the abandoned underground labs by flooding them with channels of sand and wintrium. A new shield system was erected just outside the restricted zone around the Fountain to better control access to the site. With no need to concern herself about Sasori, this operation concluded quickly, within a couple days.

That part done, she resumed focus on her original green wall initiative, looking for new companies to assist Panacea as they continued work. This time around, she encouraged more local companies to get involved. Much of the research had been done (with the thanks of a local Klatooine lab), but Panacea itself wasn't much in the business of infrastructure. It would sub-contract other companies to fulfill the task of actually deploying the components necessary to establish the green wall. For such a massive project, it was projected that hundreds of thousands of jobs would be created over the next decade, with more to come as environmental conditions on the planet finally stabilized and improved.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom