Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fightback: Republic Raid on One Sith

[member="Darth Arcis"]

On board the ‘Liberty’

Hyperspace lines blurred and melded around Admiral Friedrich Stahlmann as he and his crew prepared for action.

Their small fleet was going to attempt a raid on the One Sith conquered world of Caamas. That once peaceful world had once been destroyed by the Empire. However, the years of peace following had seen it return almost to its former glory. During the Dark Ages and the Gulag Plague the planet had fallen on hard times. They had no sooner recovered then they were conquered by the One Sith.

Caamas had been chosen for several reasons. First, it lacked the significant defences and standing fleets of Coruscant, Byss or Prakith. Second, it was on the vital route between Coruscant and Alderaan, and a break in the supply lines and a destruction of vital infrastructure would be a small but important victory for the Republic.

The destination of the raid had been concealed as much as possible, with noises made about the raid heading to Alderaan. This meant that the Sith may have ships in that nearby system, but they would not be right there waiting for the Republic.

The Liberty was an Avenger Class Star Defender. It was not necessarily the best choice for a raid as it was heavy to manoeuvre, but it was extremely well armed with long range and heavy weapons. It would be able to crack open heavy defences and any system ships like eggs.

The remainder of his fleet consisted of two cruisers, four frigates and six corvettes. Their goal was to smash, cause damage and annoyance, and then get out of there.

“All ships, prepare for action,” the Admiral ordered.

Bridge, Umbara-class Carrier-Cruiser Deliverance

Captain Gir Quee attempted to relax in his command chair of his temporary command, but felt it odd. Normally, his job was coordinating a variety of ships and people to do specific actions, and this basic concept had not changed since taking over the Deliverance, but the scale was different. While he had captained a pocket carrier as his first command, its single squadron of starfighters were nothing compared to this. The Deliverance had over a hundred starfighters onboard, and the fast craft were the main offensive power of his ship, instead of the typical turbolasers and ion cannons that dotted the hulls of most vessels. But whatever concerns he had about this new change were somewhat offset by the presence of the Armorer-class Support Corvette Hephaestus from his normal line. While not remotely powerful compared to even other corvettes, he was satisfied that the ship could likely help bring back the Deliverance if the tide was to turn against them. A young woman, the Deliverance's XO, strolled up and sat down beside him. She sighed and turned to him.

"How are you feeling sir?"

"As good as one can before a battle," mused the man from Hast, "one never knows what awaits us at the battlefield."

"But they don't know what awaits them either."

He snorted, "Well, that's a small comfort."

Lord Arcis sat aboard the bridge of the Chimaera, the very Star Destroyer that Grand Admiral Thrawn had used to achieve victory after victory against his foes. Equipped with a cloaking device, staffed by some of the best crewmen to ever grace the vastness of space, and bearing a legacy to its name that even grown men still shook in its speaking. Not to mention that the stormtrooper legion filling its barracks bays were nothing less than the might 501st.

Hovering in high orbit of Caamas, this particular Star Destroyer was on nothing more than a simple patrol mission. Many high command staff knew that this happened to be a fairly unguarded region, so Dranok took it upon himself and his men to see how things went. They'd been here for a few days now and the ground garrison didn't seem to have any problems and the naval detachment only really complained about the boredom of staring at starships and stars.

"Sir, we've got sensor readings."

"Who?"

The officer did a double take at his datapad. "They're Republic. Shall I alert the rest of the fleet?"

"Please."

[member="Gir Quee"], [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"]

Shortly behind the arrival of the The Liberty and the Deliverance, Mark Crassis watched as the ship exited hyperspace and Caamas came into view before him. Crassis rose from the command chair and walked forward to stand before the viewport.

"This is the Licinius, reporting for duty." Crassis said, directing his communications to the bridges of the other two Republic ships. He clasped his hands behind his back.

"Sir, what are our orders?" Asked the Bothan Lieutenant Sevic Norr't on the staff of the Licinius. Crassis had taken the time to get to know the crew when he was told he was taking command of the Hammerhead class frigate and had spent some time discussing the vessel with the Lieutenant.

"We are to provide support to the Deliverance," Crassis said looking around the bridge of the vessel. He liked the frigate, it suited him, as did providing support. Crassis, while he excelled at the academy, had had little experience in actual combat. This was a way to get his feet wet in an important, yet not dire role.

[member="Darth Arcis"] - [member="Gir Quee"] - [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"]​

Lucifer was on board the legendary Chimaera as well, but not as a leader, just as a passenger. The Chimaera was on a patrol between planets and he had decided it would be better to be surrounded with allies instead of possible Jedi, though in here he couldn't fest on anyone. Well he could... but it wouldn't look good for him, or end well. He regained his focus when he noticed a sizeable Republic force launching a surprise raid on the planet below. Lucifer didn't bother caring about the convenience that he was about to have another battle so soon after the last one, only that he would finally be able to have dinner and be rewarded for it. He could barely conceal his excitement as he headed up to the bridge to meet with the Sith Lord [member="Darth Arcis"].

When Lucifer reached the bridge he bowed before his superior. "My lord what do you wish for me to do to fight back against the Republic, I only hope that you use me in the best possible way." Lucifer stayed kneeling until the lord responded.

[member="Mark Crassis"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"]

Darth Banshee was doing a shake down maneuvers, with some of her new ships. The dragonites where practicing aiming at fighters, which were being launched from the talon carriers. They were seeing which formation gave them the most protection on a fly by. Then something happened, the republic showed up. She knew the famed 501 was in the area as well as, [member="Cyrus Tregessar"] a famous admiral. The shakedown was over it was know time for war.

She sent a message to her ships to form up, and get to the [member="Darth Arcis"] flagship the chimaera. The dragonites went three abreast, whilst the talons stayed back. Whilst this was going on fighters and bomber and the gunships, were all being launched into space. She stood by waiting for orders to engage the republic fleet, as any action had to be coordinated to be successful.

2x Talons
3x dragonites
48x blades
24x Bombardiers
8x Hogs

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Mark Crassis"]

Standing aboard the bridge of the liberty the seasoned but still flatteringly young republic agent Patricia was doing two things in this moment. One was preparing herself for combat and the other was checking out the rear quarters of Admiral Stahlmann. So she noticed he had a great ass, sue her. Turning away from that business however she wore a simple red dress and denim jacket, hanging beneath that jacket however was something she truly adored. A shoulder harness that carried one KD-20 acid slug throwing pistol and another slug thrower that vaguely resembled a M1911. Loading a magazine into the KD-20 she popped the breach to chamber a round then clicked the safety on. Doing so for the second pistol she placed them both in her shoulder harness then checked the two knives that were in her sleeves. Everything was set and she was ready to go to kick some sith ass if she had to.

Reaching down to pick up a bottle of some smooth brown liquid she took a long swig then stomped her way over to the windows of the bridge, bottle pressed to her lips the whole time. With a small smearing sound she smoothed the bottle away from her lips and pointed off into the distance of the black void. "Alright guys! Let's tear these douches as new @#$hole then get turnt up!!" She swore like a sailor then laughed a hue of velvety giggles.

Catherine Romanov

C
Vyctora's Galaxy Class MKI was one of the many ships docked in the Chimaera. Vyctora had offered her services to the Sith Lord, [member="Darth Arcis"], for what she had thought would be a simple patrol mission and he had accepted. She had been lounging in the ship's cantina, chilling the time away, until she heard the loudspeaker, barking orders to call all arms to their battle stations. She muttered "Lo and behold" as she headed up to the ship's bridge, to join the venerable Sith lord as plans moved into action. She gave him a curt bow, before curtsying and mentioning "My lord, Vyctora at your service."

[member="Darth Arcis"], [member="Lucifer Erebus"], [member="Darth Banshee"], [member="sabrina"]

Standing at the bridge, I was to learn under the tutelage of the Sith Pureblood. Simple things as patrolling was the smaller stuff I had to learn first. It was later that I would begin simple simulations of battle strategy. I knew how to pilot a ship, as well as simple land battles for better vantage points and such, but space? No. I knew little to nothing.

Standing on the bridge, looking out of the viewports, I turned around when the message came in about the possible ability of ships from the republic in the system. I smiled, already knowing that this little fight would be one that I might enjoy. Arcis said to ready the fleet and to prepare. I smiled as I looked back out. Only to hear the door open and the stomps of two people, turning around, I saw the Vampire who I had an incident with a while back, and my own apprentice show up.

However, I stayed silent as I was no longer the one in charge. Knowing that she would be helpful if she knew how to use the force to influence her actions in the ship. I did smirk for her, she was someone that I had started to gain trust in. Because she was worth her weight in gold for what I have seen thus far.

Allies [member="Vyctora Romanov"], [member="Darth Banshee"], [member="Lucifer Erebus"], [member="Darth Arcis"],
Enemies [member="Gir Quee"], [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"], [member="Patricia Susan Garter"], [member="Mark Crassis"],

Of course Darth Arcis was not alone. He had much to teach and very few students who understood that the art of warfare and the importance of wisdom were the keys things that kept this little empire steamrolling through the Galactic Republic and her allies. As the former Emperor of the Sith Empire, he knew well the tactics of the Republic, particularly their political ones, though he knew a fair knowledge of their fleet maneuvers. However, these new vessels were something to be wary of.

One of the Sith Acolytes strode forward humbly and dropped down to give a similar-mannered bow. "Rise," he commanded, "Do not humble me with words and bowing, humble me with action." He didn't exactly care for respect of lessers, only for those equal and greater than he. As he ordered the red-haired Sith to rise, more of them entered behind him with respectful, but slight, greetings.

"I am pleased to see your piquing of interests in war." Dranok turned to motion his senior officer over. "Captain Ralek," he started, "I may have you assume command of the Chimaera shortly. Be prepared to instruct these..students."

"Aye, sir, can do." The middle-aged captain let his eyes glide over the Sith behind him.

"Deploy the fighters, pull 'em back three kilometers behind the Chimaera. Have the Chimaera go dark, advance on the hostile flagship, drop altitude by five hundred meters."

The officer hesitated, registering his orders. "Yes, sir. But, uhm, why?"

Gesturing for the Sith apprentices and knights to come forward, he offered his explanation. "Visuals. Once the fighters peel out and form up after we go dark, the enemy shall assume that we've moved back with them. If they're smarter than that, they'll fire on possible approach trajectories. We won't even be there since we've dropped altitude by half a kilometer. The attack craft shall swoop in after we make our execution of plans.

"Do you understand?"

[member="Friedrich Stahlmann"], [member="Gir Quee"], [member="Mark Crassis"], [member="Lucifer Erebus"], [member="Darth Banshee"], [member="Patricia Susan Garter"], [member="Vyctora Romanov"], [member="Nickolas Imura"]

As the Sith Lord commanded the troops what to do, I was almost as surprised as his second in command. Why did he move down half a click in elevation? When he began to call us forward, I paid more attention, Turning towards him. Considering he was already in the center of the entire bridge, and I was just a few meters from him at the view ports, It took me less than a second to turn around and walk up to the Sith Lord.

He then began to explain himself in a manner. I thought more of a flat plain. Having the ships behind us instead of in front of us, and us in a different position, while most others would just simply send out their ships, the other vessels would expect this, and fire upon the possible placement of the flagship behind the troops, Sadly for them, we would not be there.

I was stuck in thinking on a single plan of existence, however already seeing it, the Sith was using his depth and the ability to be in just about any position to his advantage, I could also see where this could go wrong, if the opposing ships were say expecting this plot, then we would be hit hard right from the start. However more often than not, it was likely they would not expect it. Meaning we had the element of surprise, hit them with a few heavy cannons as our own fighters were still behind, or above us, keeping them out of the fire for a few seconds of flight time, and allowing us to drop down on them, only, we would likely be below them.

"Master, Would this gable of tactics be favored more for us in the long run?" I went ahead and voiced my concern, "Yes the element of surprise is good, and sometimes is warranted. However, would this really help us in a larger engagement or would different tactics be used then? A lot of tactics is on the fly thinking, that I know, is that where a fight is more drawn out, or the chances of being drawn out, would this tactic still be viable for use if available in your arsenal?"

There was so much I wanted to learn, so much I needed to gain. and if I could learn, and ask questions under a man who was known for being a tactician not just in battle of starfighters, or even in ground or one on one combat, but was also a politician of a sorts, then this would be a field day for me.

Allies [member="Vyctora Romanov"], [member="Darth Banshee"], [member="Lucifer Erebus"], [member="Darth Arcis"],
Enemies [member="Gir Quee"], [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"], [member="Patricia Susan Garter"], [member="Mark Crassis"],

Allies: [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Mark Crassis"] [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] [member="Ana Saraya"] [member="Silara Varis"]
Enemies: The Sith [member="Nickolas Imura"] [member="Mordecai Zambrano"] [member="Vyctora Romanov"] [member="Sabrina Kotass"][member="Lucifer Erebus"]

This would be the fist operation she participated in under Admiral Stahlmann's command. Her Dreadnought Cruiser and Hammerhead Cruiser, technically frigate class, emerged from hyperspace with the rest of the fleet participating in the raid on the Sith territory. Rendili starfighters and Galaxy Guard Star Bombers were joining in the defensive screen from the hanger, and her ships would slide into formation around the Avenger class destroyer. The Avenger's Hypervelocity Guns were powerful long range weaponry, the Sith forces would be battered as they tried to enter range to compete. That was why she brought a Dreadnought Cruiser, a warship swarming with an array of turbolaser batteries as a monster of broadside exchanges. If the enemy did have a capital get in close to the destroyer, or even the Umbara Carrier under Captain Quee's command, they would be in for a rough patch slugging it out with the Rendili Skies.

"All forces moving into formation Admiral. Waiting for confirmation on the operation's initial stages."

Silara Varis

S

[member="Camellia Swift"] [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"]

"Lets go let go move your asses pilots!"

Silara was frantic as she roared the orders. The entirety of Bloodhawk squadron, twelve elite fighter pilots ran across the flight deck mad with rage and excitement. Today was the day they got to fight back against the sith. Today was more than just a duty, this was a personal vendetta this was revenge.

"Halt all pilots listen the frak up!"

Silara hopped onto the front of her Narran-Class Interceptor standing all in the hangar bay. Her blond hair waved in the wind as she roared her speech to embolden the men.

"Today is the day of vengeance, the day of reckoning. For too long have we stood by and watched our planets and our families fall under the blade of the sith. For too long have we suffered and wept for our losses. RISE UP MEN AND WOMEN OF THE REPUBLIC. THIS IS OUR FIGHT OUR REDEMPTION. THIS IS VENGEANCE!"

She roared at the top of her lungs raising her arms high to sky.

"GO FORTH AND CRUSH THE SITH, EXACT OUR MIGHTY JUSTICE, LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!"

Cheering, thunderous cheering.

Silara slid into the cockpit of her vessel as she slammed it shut and donned her helmet. It was time to destroy. As she ran through her preflight checks the memories of the dead men and women of coruscant washed over her. She had a lot of friend there. A lot of good friends had perished. Fire and flame ran through her viens, piss and vinnegar in her soul.

"Silara Varis, Bloodhawk one to Liberty Actual we are prepped and ready for launch, go ahead Admiral, on your mark!"

Allies: [member="Camellia Swift"], [member="Gir Quee"], [member="Mark Crassis"], [member="Patricia Susan Garter"], [member="Ana Saraya"], [member="Silara Varis"]

Enemies: The Sith [member="Nickolas Imura"], [member="Mordecai Zambrano"], [member="Vyctora Romanov"], [member="Sabrina Kotass"], [member="Lucifer Erebus"]

The fleet was assembling, heading into position. From long range they had not detected much of the enemy moves, not yet. However, his picket ships had confirmed that the enemy was there in force. Not knowing that there was a Star Destroyer waiting, they had seen the remainder of the Sith force assembling.

Instantly Admiral Stahlmann saw something odd. There were attack craft assembled, and the other ships were in formation, but in formation around what? His long range scanners could not detect the Chimaera in blackout mode, but there had to be something big. No enemy would give battle to a Star Destroyer without capital ships of their own.

He called up his command frequency.

"All fighters prepare to launch. Captain Quee, advance a trio of individual fighters forward. Give orders that once under fire they are to pull back. I would very much like to know what the enemy is hiding. Captain Swift, bring forward your ships into formation with the Liberty. We will open some long range shots once you are prepared. Commander(?) Crassis, cover Deliverance and be ready for action."

The Sith were hiding something. Best to force their hand early and take the sting from it. Fortunately the Liberty was uniquely well equipped to hit hard from long range.

On another note, he noticed the swearing coming from the rear of his bridge.

"Alright guys! Let's tear these douches as new @#$hole then get turnt up!!"
"That's enough of that, Agent. You are on the bridge of the Republic vessel, not a Tatooine cantina. Put your talents to good use without any further disruptive language, thank you," he said sternly.

Allies: [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"], [member="Camellia Swift"], [member="Mark Crassis"], [member="Patricia Susan Garter"], [member="Ana Saraya"], [member="Silara Varis"]
Enemies: [member="Nickolas Imura"], [member="Mordecai Zambrano"], [[member="Vyctora Romanov"], [member="Sabrina Kotass"], [member="Lucifer Erebus"]

Umbara-class Carrier-Cruiser Deliverance

Gir nodded as he received the Admiral's orders. The man from Hast swivelled in his chair to face his flight controller, a man with a scarred face named Ackles. War took that man out of the cockpit. I hope the men we're sending don't suffer that same fate....or worse...Gir cleared his throat.

"Lieutenant Ackles, move a trio of our fighters forward to probe the enemy's position; they are to fall back if they encounter any enemy fire."

"Yes sir," replied the man, "time to chum the waters..."

Gir shuddered at the comment, watching a trio of the Narra-class Interceptors surge forward past the Licinius towards the assembling fleet of Sith warships. He watched their blue ion trails of their engines fade into tiny pin-pricks that became indistinguishable from the myriad of stars that studded the black ocean of space. Pulling up a few screens, he began to feel his stomach churn; not because they were facing Sith, but because he didn't recognize some of the designs present. He frowned. Am I really experience some fear of the unknown? I thought I was past it when I joined this navy...but maybe that will never come to be. At least they're probably experiencing the same thing...but then again, they're Sith. They feed off of it. He immediately stopped that thought process, and instead began to coordinate back-up plans for his carrier, including calculating various jumps and trajectories to exit the battle if it came to defeat, and other trajectories and jumps to bring the carrier closer to the planet if they were victorious.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Friedrich Stahlmann"][member="Silara Varis"][member="Gir Quee"]

Oh heeeeell nah! Patricia's eyes snapped backwards towards the man who said that, and to her surprise it was the admiral with the great ass. Flames filled the eyes of woman and she all but lashed out at the man. Patricia was oddly never good with authority, surprise surprise. Then that's when a torrent of inappropriate languaged filled the hole she called a mouth. "Sue me asshat! I will speak however I want! How about you take your one eyed Willy looking ass and go bury a treasure somewhere so some kids can find it! Them blow it out your As-" A pair of republic guards quickly grabbed the woman and began to escort her off the bridge.

"Get your hands off me! I am not some child who needs to be taken outside for a tal-" Patricia looked up to see one of the guards taking her out. He was rather attractive and the woman sighed with happiness "Oh aren't you a sweet piece of man." She said as the woman was promptly removed from the bridge where she would probably not cause any more disturbances. She would be rerouted to the hanger where her talents could be of use in case any boarding would be required of them.

Hammerhead Class Frigate-Licinius

Lt. Mark Crassis listened intently to Admiral [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"]'s orders. He was standing before the viewpoint and looking out over the surrounding vessels as they entered the fray. They would be fighting soon. Crassis took a deep breath and found himself, amazingly, calm, considering the fact that he was by no means a seasoned commander.

Crassis turned and issued his orders to the Sevic.

"You heard the man Sevic, move us into position."

"Yes sir!" Sevic said and began issuing orders.

"This is Licinius hailing Deliverance," Crassis said taking his seat. "We are moving into position." Crassis said and smiled. [member="Gir Quee"] was the commander of the Deliverance. Quee had worked with him when he first stepped into the command role and it would do Mark good to be working with him again.

Allies: [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Mark Crassis"] [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] [member="Ana Saraya"] [member="Silara Varis"]
Enemies: The Sith [member="Nickolas Imura"] [member="Mordecai Zambrano"] [member="Vyctora Romanov"] [member="Sabrina Kotass"][member="Lucifer Erebus"]

So the battle was beginning. It would be down to the commanders in charge of issuing orders to decide how the fight would be initiated. The fleets would posture about until one side or the other faltered and made a mistake, or the other was lulled into a trap without realizing it. After that, then it would come down to the skills of the individual crews and the quality of their ships. However, before that happened she had orders to carry out, and she would endeavor to complete them quickly. It was to her good fortune she had already been ordering her forces to pull into formation with the Admiral's Avenger class star destroyer, it saved a lot of time since her Dreadnought and Hammerhead were already on the move. The Dreadnought would start to settle above and towards the front of the larger Avenger in an intercept position for when any enemy warship closed the gap, the Hammerhead would settle a bit back and to the side, while their fighter compliments positioned themselves in a screen along with the Avenger's own on board squadrons. "In position Admiral."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom