Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifty Shades Of Fear

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
2lmtppw.png

Lady Kyros' Bunker
Teth, Teth System

What better place to escape interruption than one on the edge of nowhere?

Teth was situated on the fringes of the Outer Rim and Wild Space region, a planet rich with forests, jungles and large cliffs. It was a planet that had seen its share of good and bad over the years, mostly from smugglers and crime lords. It was also the planet where Asterion had spent many years under the teaching Lady Kyros – Kara Vi’dreya, his absent Master.

The secret bunker in the dense forests, underneath a large cliff and the wake of the moon, still resided there all but abandoned like her Order. There was sections he would never be able to access, that was natural, but there was enough rooms he could and it would be enough to really suss out Felicity and decide how worthy of his time she was.

Landing in a clearing, shadowed by the cliffs, Asterion killed the engine of his fighter and left the cockpit, moving to lower the loading ramp and check on the girl. She was sat cozy and warm in his robe and awake, lost in thought.

”Get up. Follow me.”

His eyes looked around the hold and he noticed her nightgown was gone. Clever, but pointless.

With his armour on and no cowl, it was perfect to keep warm but not overheat in the humid atmosphere outside that hit them once the air rushed in.

”Welcome to my little world.”

Praying the activation code worked on the bunker door, embedded in the rock that would lead down into the planet, Asterion smiled softly as it beeped open with a green glow. The durasteel doors pulled apart after a little grinding of the mechanism, and the internal lights flashed into life, leading the way down and into the grey passageways of the bunker.

[member="Felicity Mason"]

Bring blue eyes flickered to life at the sound of landing. She'd slept some, not much. Most of the time was spent attempting meditation, or revisiting memories. When she heard the voice of her captor, the girl was busy remembering her first kiss. She tried not to think about him, but when Owain entered her mind, there was no getting rid of him. Why? He was useless to remember here.
Her eyes drifted to the cozy jedi temple robe she had worn with the nightgown when she'd been kidnapped, and the faint outline of her diary in the pocket. She had almost forgotten. She stood up, crossed over to the pile on the floor and snatched out her diary. Without even looking at it, she stuffed it in a pocket before following her new Master outside.

"Where are we now?" she asked, no venom in her voice this time, just pure curiosity. After much thought, she's decided that since she did not know how long she would be here, she might as well make the best of it. It was what mother would do. At least until Graxin could find her. Or until Daddy heard about her kidnapping. She would actually feel bad for this Sith if her Father found him first. There would be nothing left of him when Daddy was through.

[member="Asterion"]

Stephanie Swail

Picturing the corridors when it was alive with activity; guards, the hulking frame of the Sith Knights and Masters converging to decide the next step forward for the order, it was now eerily quiet. Taking two left turns after a few moments walking straight down, Asterion felt Felicity behind her so that was all in hand.

”We are in the place I trained as a Sith. Under the Sith Order, I learnt a great many things – not just about the Dark Side, but about respect, history and – “

He turned into a small room full of makeshift armour, melee weaponry and targets.

” – survival.”

Turning to face the girl, looking mildly amusing in her robe that dwarfed her, Asterion started to take off his armour plates.

”Are you afraid of me, Felicity? Do you fear what I will do with you, or do you trust me.”

He removed his gauntlets and folded his arms as they fell to the low table beneath him.

The girl took careful note of where she was led. Just in case. Mother told her to always keep the nearest exit in mind, just in case. That advice had helped her before, it could help again. She stopped in the middle of the room he led her to, hands in the pocket of the robe, running her fingers along the edges of her diary as she listened. So this was where he had been trained? He was from Korriban, but he was trained here? She was learning more about him by the minute...
Except, she realized with surprise, she didn't know his name. He knew her's, of course. That did not surprise her. He would know who she was before going after her. That was obvious. But what was she expected to call him?

"Mother says that only a great fool is not afraid," she replied with a nod, "I am not a great fool. But even if I am afraid of you, I'm not going to let that fear completely run me. I want to survive too."

As for trust, she figured it was obvious. She had no reason to trust him. Not yet. It wasn't because he was a Sith either. He had stolen her away in the middle of the night, choked her, hit her, dragged her about, threatened her. Only an idiot would trust their kidnapper.

[member="Asterion"]

Stephanie Swail

Snapping his fingers, he gave a half-smile with a twist of his head and held out his hand.

"Third time now, kid. Hand it over."

He was of course talking about her emotion. She had let it become out of control and louder than her actual voice. While she carried of a façade with her words, her inner state was like an open book for a predator like Asterion.

"I only brought you here as I see potential in you. I have worked with another a little older than you who is destined for great things because they believe in themselves and they want to be somebody. What do you want do be? All I get from you is the feelings you have for everyone else."

He stepped forward.

"The book."

Thin fingers tightened around her book when he asked for it. She loved that book. She loved that she could write anything in it. But it wasn't that private. She wrote in it, keeping in mind that one day someone might read it without her knowing.

"Mom says it's healthy for a girl my age to keep a diary," she explained with a defeated sigh, "You can read it if you want. There's nothing really in there."

Reluctantly, she held the book over, hoping he wasn't going to destroy it. The truth was, she didn't know what she wanted to be. What kid her age did? She probably wouldn't know until she was in her late teens, like, 18, 19. Her dad didn;t know until he met mom. And Felicity wasn't even convinced he knew even today.
But in that book, she was at least honest about herself. She had no desire to follow in her moms footsteps anyway. No desire to go into politics. She was a girl that liked adventure. She liked to travel, experience, learn.

"What is your name? I, err, never asked."

[member="Asterion"]

Stephanie Swail

Taking the diary in hand, he flicked through the pages nonchalantly, not really bothering to see what was in there. It was more to sever any connection to her past that would distract her. He tapped his fingers on the cover and looked at her as she asked his name.

"Asterion."

He sat down on the edge of the table where his armour was piled up and beckoned her in to the room.

"Tell me about your family. Are you happy, with the way you've been brought up? I sense that you're not. And that's a reason why you're here now, believe it or not."

Her eyes remained on her diary as he flipped through it. Honestly, she'd never let anyone else even hold it, let alone open it. Inside she spoke of everything. Inside she talked about everything from her first kiss to her first love. Even if it wasn't really that embarrassing, she felt a little protective.

"My family?"

Now they were just going to talk? She supposed it could be worse.

"Well... Mom was always a little high strung. Never really got out much as a kid. She worried about us a lot, always seemed to think something awful was going to happen if she let us go anywhere. But even so, she was always really busy. I didn't see much of her after I turned five. She got a promotion, had to stay in her office late."

It felt so weird talking to a Sith about something she had felt was even too personal to talk to Owain about. She sunk to the floor, getting comfortable. This was a long story.

"Dad was around a lot though. We all lived on Imerria while mom was working. Me, dad, my sister Celeste and Uncle Barnabus. Dad and Uncle B took care of us. Sometimes Dad went away too though, then it was just Uncle B to watch us really. Uncle B isn;t really my uncle, you know. He's an old friend of Dad's, but he's taught us a lot. He taught me how to hold a knife- that saved my life during the invasion of Naboo, you know? He used to be a soldier for the Sith army, I think, so he knows a lot. He's always full of useful knowledge.
Dad gave me my first lightsaber- oh, but I left it behind on Ession..."

She made a face, fiddling with the fabric of the thick black robe. Dads lightsaber. She hadn't used it for very long. He'd be so disappointed that she didn;t have it on her when she was taken. He always told her to keep a weapon on her anywhere she went. She should have known better.

"My sister is something special. If you think I have talent, you should see her. She'd twelve now, but ever since she was four years old, she'd beaten me at just about everything. She's so smart and really force talented. While I was struggling just to handle my visions, she was mastering techniques I never even knew about. She's even prettier than me. She can be such a little brat about it too. This one time she-

She smiled, but she knew her emotions were giving her away again. She was jealous of her baby sister, always was. She was the perfect daughter and Felicity only looked worse by comparison. It was horribly frustrating...

"Then theres my Uncle Zaiden. He's my moms brother. He kinda watches over us when dads away. Protects mom a lot. You know how it is. Mom gets targeted a lot. People don't like some of her policies. Rich people, you know? She does a lot for the average citizen, protects the working class. People try to bribe her to support certain laws, and when she refuses, they get mad. In her first year in office, three people tried to kill her, did you know that? Uncle Z's kept his eye out for her forever. He used to bring me dolls when he came to visit, now he brings me the latest tech. He hasn't been around much though. I really miss him...

Oh, and Graxin. You met him. He's my big brother, and if he ever finds you, you can bet he'll try to kill you."

She shrugged, bringing her gaze back up to the Sith leaning on the table. No. Not 'Sith'. He had a name. [member="Asterion"], was his name.

"So... yeah. I dunno. Saying it all out loud, I guess it wasn't perfect. My childhood, I mean. But I don't think it was that bad, right?"

Don't ask about Owain, she silently begged, Don't ask about Owain...

Stephanie Swail

As she spoke, Asterion flicked through her diary again, noting little things here and there; relationships, nightmares, emotions, admirations. When she finished, he didn't miss a beat.

"You've lived a life sheltered by others and you've acted how people expect you to."

He tapped the diary again, looking at her.

"What about that boy you've been restraining from talking about. The one on Ession who couldn't leave your head. Owen? Ouain? The one who you think you love. The one who uses you for a plaything."

His fingers rested between various pages of her diary. Training wasn't all about the physical side; it was also the colder, brutal mental side.

...Of course. She should have known better. She couldn't control her own thoughts. Not yet. And Owain was especially hard to keep out of her head. First love was like that. Tricky, immature.
But he didn't have to be so mean about it.

"Owain," she snapped, "His name is Owain."

She was blushing. He probably could see right through her, knew her every thought about him. Maybe he even knew her promise to him. She's told him she'd come back and see him again soon. She promised to...

"He's... a friend. Just a friend."

She wasn't lying, really. He never asked to be anything more, and she'd been too proud to admit she wanted him to. He's made it clear, though, that he felt something too, but whether that was love or just lust, she couldn't really say. He did seem jealous when she spent time with other boys. She'd been popular like that on Naboo, especially at the Academy. She could have dated nobility if she wanted, but she'd turned them all down. Every single one of them, because none of the challenged her, none of them were honest. Owain always told her what he thought of her, he wasn't afraid to call her out and fight back. Owain was the first boy she ever...

"He's an idiot."

[member="Asterion"]

Stephanie Swail

Asterion looked at her as he did the following.

He slowly pulled the page his fingers were on...and then the other...and another.

In total, 5 pages ripped from her diary rested between his fingers. Discarding the book, Asterion quickly ripped the pages in two, three and then dropped the fragments of paper on the floor, falling like discarded snow resting on the ground.

"He's not an idiot - he's a string holding you back, as were the other pages in this diary. Strings. Memories. Pathetic."

He rested his elbows on his knees opposite her and waited for a response behind the bubbling emotion of the girl.

"You've lived a life that is so menial, maybe your sister would be worth my attention rather than you."

The girl jumped up the instant she heard the tearing of her precious diary. One memory gone. Another, another. Vanished, confetti on the floor. She winced, bending back down to pull a pile of paper scraps into her hands.

"Maybe she would," she snapped, shaking her head, "So why don't you just kill me already and take her instead?"

She snorted and shook her proud blonde head, throwing the scraps of her story right at him.

"Like you never had strings! Like you never had people you care about! Don't sit there thinking you're better than me for it! Everybody has something!"

[member="Asterion"]

Stephanie Swail

Asterion casually rubbed his heavy stubble and pondered her question.

"Perhaps. But I didn't get to where I was by letting them dictate my life."

He pointed a finger at the trembling girl, not throwing up any defence or guard.

"And you have a little fight in you. You're not as easy as your sister would be so it's more of a challenge to see what you can do."

Feeling her Force aura radiating from the actions, he leant over to reach her book and, using his strength amplified with the Force, tore the spine down the middle, so it fell in to halves to the floor - the pages were intact, but the book was useless.

"And I cut my strings a long time ago. I had the courage to do so to live my life how I wanted and to find out who I was. You still have that chance and I will make you sure take it."

Gone. Just like that, her diary was laying in pieces on the ground in front of her. Her eyes flashed. This Sith, this [member="Asterion"], kept changing his mind about her. First he wanted her, then he didn't, then he did, then he didn't. Emotionally, it was exhausting. She ran her hand down her face, stepping forward. She kicked one half of her diary out of the way until she was just three feet in front of him.

"What do I call you?" she asked suddenly, "Just Asterion? Master? What? And what do I do with myself when I 'cut' my strings? What's the point if you don't have anybody?"

Stephanie Swail

Standing up as she came to her, Asterion spoke.

"You call me by my name! And you don't need anybody to be somebody, because you can only trust one person in this whole galaxy - " he jabbed a finger at her, " - YOU."

He shifted his stance.

"I felt you via the Force - that tells me that you have the potential to be something great and worthy to stand with me in search of those who want to police the galaxy and make it their own. Jedi, corrupt politicians, the whole lot of them."

Fingers flexing, it was a great deal not to hit her again, but he was better than that. It hurt enough when it was he asking questions and being beaten for hit...but then, look how he turned out.

"Are you ready to experience what it takes to become someone people will respect and remember?"

Mom always said that it was a sign of high intelligence to be curious. Dad never hesitated to answer any of her questions, even the embarrassing ones. But [member="Asterion"], he just looked like he wanted to slap her when she questioned him. Good. She was ready. She stared back at him, kept her back straight, her head held high. She was not raised to back down. She was raised to be proud.

"What are you going to teach me? How to kidnap little girls?"

Stephanie Swail

Asterion reached out with his hand and wrapped it around her right wrist.

"We've got 10 more of these to break. 10 chances to get it right. Ok?"

He gave her a soft smile, ignoring her jibe. Time to remind her who she was dealing with.

"When the Force blocks the pain of what I'm doing, I'll stop. When I feel that you have used your gift to block the pain that makes you weak, I'll stop."

With his other hand, strong and thick, he started to bend back her ring finger slowly.

Pain. Felicity was a strong girl, but she still gasped and hissed in pain. Get it right? Ten chances. She Understood immediately. Her first reaction, before she could think, however, was to struggle and try to pull her hand away. Her mouth of hers always got her in trouble as a kid, but nobody ever dreamed of hurting her for it. Mom always just sighed and made her stand in a corner for a few minutes. Dad usually laughed at his daughters cleverness but reminded her that such talk would upset her mother. But never was she hurt for it. Never.

"Stop! Let go! I'll shut up! I promise!"

[member="Asterion"]

Stephanie Swail

Cocking his head slightly, Asterion sighed.

"I didn't ask for your submission, I asked for your gift."

With a sickening pop, he quickly pushed the finger back until he heard a snap - the bone was broken. However, it would heal in time and not do her any future problems. But, it would hurt.

His fingers moved onto her index finger of the same hand.

"Come on - I will feel it when you do. Don't let your mind control your emotion. Let the Force empower you to cut yourself off to it."

The snap of her own finger sounded loud as a supernova to her. For about a milisecond, she didn't react, too shocked to process what happened. Then the pain hit her immediately. She wrenched at her own hand, screaming. She felt tears in her eyes again. She'd never broken a bone in her life. Sure, she rolled an ankle once, but that recovered in only a few days. This was real bone. In her right hand. Her dominant hand. How was she doing to write?

"Come on - I will feel it when you do. Don't let your mind control your emotion. Let the Force empower you to cut yourself off to it."

"I don't know how!" she pleaded hysterically, "Let me go! Please! I don't know! I don't! [member="Asterion"], please!"

She would learn, but she was still just a stupid teenager. Working through this pain was hard for her. As she begged, she knew what was coming next. She'd go through a few more broken fingers first before she could figure out what he wanted from her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom