Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Fickle Flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=26pt]Fickle Flesh[/SIZE]​

holy_moonlight_sword.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Sword

• Size: Large

• Weight: Heavy
SPECIAL FEATURES

• Fickle Flesh is quite sharp.
Strengths:

• False Belief: When Crona Wields this weapon he is sent into a rage that enhances his power, this is due to Crona's belief that Fickle Flesh is blessed by the Force, most of the "power" that comes from the blade is Crona's own will. And because of Crona's faith to the Force, he assumes that the blade is enhancing his own ability. But in reality it is his own faith giving him the him the power.
Weaknesses:

• The Unblessed: Fickle flesh is just an ordinary sword to others. Since others don't have Crona's complete faith, the same effect is not present. But the sword may have the same effect if the user has a similar faith or perhaps a student of Crona.

DESCRIPTION

During Crona’s first years as a Shaman he wanted a weapon that matched his personality. A sword, strong as ever, with a connection to his god. Crona constructed his blade of bones from beasts that he had hunted and stone he could find on his expeditions.

While Crona believes that the weapon gets a Force connection from the beast bones, that is not the case. In reality there is no Force Connection.

In truth, Fickle Flesh is just an ordinary sword, with a master dedicated to the Force. And as much as Crona Believes his weapon is a holy heretic slayer that will be remembered for it’s deeds, which most likely will, it is still just like every other weapon… it’s only as strong as he is. And the fact that he believes that, is enough to drive him into a frenzy of power. I suppose in this case ignorance truly is bliss.

[member="Crona'Tas"]

What sort of power does the blade have? Is it like Sith Alchemy, or more like you've imbued it with Force Rage? I don't know of any Force Power that functions like the Favored Enemy mechanic from 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons, so I'd like you to rationalize that strength with Star Wars canon.

I'd be totally fine with accepting that it throws him into a fit of rage when he wields it in general, and you could just give Force Rage and Sith Alchemy or Force Imbuement in the sub as canon links.

[member="Crona'Tas"]

I like the concept you have going, and you're on the right track. Based on what you're saying in the sub, the sword itself has no significant powers. So, the weapon is designed in such a way that it has a psychosomatic effect on Crona'Tas?

Sort of in the way a war priest might pour blessings over weapons and invoke their god in order to create a placebo effect?

I'm... yeah, okay, could you edit that into the strength? It has no actual power and wouldn't do anything for anyone else, but because of sheer faith, Crona goes into a bloodrage when he wields the weapon.

And for a weakness, state that the blade is just a blade and has no other effects, and would do nothing special if wielded by anyone else.

I think that would make this exactly what you're looking for.

I see you changed up the strengths and weaknesses, I'm totally cool with someone who has the same delusions being granted a similar effect.

If you're keen, I'll go ahead and approve this [member="Crona'Tas"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom