Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fences

Kohlma
Mount Ceen Resort
Diamond Wing
Palace Room
Dinner Time

Jack Sparrow, Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, sat at the small but well-appointed table in the private dining room of the most exclusive resort hotel on Kohlma, one of the twenty moons of Bogden, located three quarters of the way up Mount Ceen. Kohlma was a place few knew or cared about, and so was perfect for this high-end hotel that catered to the rich, near-rich, political, and otherwise well-connected who wished to maintain a low presence in comfort and style.

Normally the grand dining room would contain a long, hand-carved table of dark wood, resplendent with candelabras, floral arrangements, and fine dishware. Today though, that table had been removed and replaced with one still beautiful, but suitable only for two, per the Chancellor's wishes.

Jack was dressed in formal attire of state, his trademark hat and coat stowed safely in his private suite, his beard neatly trimmed. Today Jack hoped to stave off Alderaan's desire to remove itself from the affairs of the Republic.

The one-time pirate cast a sideways glance at the large, well-stocked drinks cart. [member="Alyesa Organa"] had requested rum, and though it was likely a tongue-in-cheek dig at Jack's personal preferences, he reasoned having four different kinds among the other alcoholic offerings couldn't hurt. Then too, if nothing on the cart sufficed, it was just a matter of one of the stewards popping down to the massive bar located in the Grand Ballroom three floors below. The exercise would probably do them good.

Hearing the doors open, Jack rose as the Crown Princess of Alderaan entered.

And enter she would.

She hadn’t seen Jack in quite some time, not since her days in the Senate. He was a charming man, a good and honorable man. Probably the last of his kind in the decaying corpse that was the Republic. She wore a pale white dress that moved through various shades of pink and orange until the hem at her ankles where it began to shade off into a lilac. The dress itself was gathered up at the waist with clasps of pearl and silver tassels, draped over her arms and hemmed into a wide ribbon and held up by multiple layers of metal that resembled the colorful Corellian clam. The upper portion would reach up and around her neck, tied off by a simple piece of ribbon. Similar metal adorned her upper arms, though fewer in numbers and more polished against her tan skin. Her darkened hair was held up by silver headbands which were inset with pearls of white. A brightened smile would adorn her facial features as she approached Jack with a hand extended.

“Supreme Chancellor Sparrow – what a day this is, something I never thought I’d live to see, to be honest.” She chuckled softly. “Who would have thought that you would be leading the Republic, not me.” Another soft laugh escaped her lips. It was a bit hard for her to comprehend how Jack came about such a position. Not that he was a bad politician – just he didn’t strike her as the type to step in, unless all the cards had been played and there was little to no option left. He was a clever man, played things very oddly at times but smart. A unique character, needless to say.

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

tumblr_mzzzyms9Wo1rk9qmdo10_1280.jpg

Jack took one of the princess' hands in both of his own, bowing and placing a gentle kiss upon its back. "Who indeed, your majesty?" he asked with a sly smile. "Strange days, indeed. And, it seems, I couldn't have asked for a less opportune time for the job. Had I my preference, I'd've been the one in charge during one of those prolonged periods of peace that no one seems to like to write about. Instead, I find meself inheriting a mantle of burden. A yoke of state, if you will." His self-deprecating smile might make Alyesa wonder if he was taking said burden seriously at all.

Taking her by the arm, Jack guided the princess to her chair at the table. "May I say, without fear of argument, and in the most professional manner possible, that you look positively ravishing as well. Very nice shoulders and wrists." The Supreme Chancellor pulled the chair out and held it for her. "May I offer you a seat? A drink?" Jack motioned to the drinks cart. "I've requested that dinner be started when you arrive, so the staff should be on the soup course as we speak. With luck we'll make it through to dessert before one of us storms out; I hear Chef is preparing a lovely Citros snow cake."

[member="Alyesa Organa"]

Alyesa chuckled softly as Jack took the chance to kiss her hand. It was indeed a time that no one would want to be in charge of the Republic – should Jack fail – he would probably go down in the Republic as the reason it failed. It was unfair for the man, considering he was one of the more reasonable individuals the remained within the Senate. Having been taken by the arm, she allowed the Chancellor to lead her to a seat and with a curtsy – a seat she would take. “Don’t mind if I do.” She brought a hand up to wave. “I’m told you had rum prepared for the feast…” She said with a smirk.

“We all know you’re legendary for it, so let’s try some of it, shall we?” What harm would a little drink do? It wasn’t like Jack was some spice dealer who sought to spike her drink. Her eyebrow peaked at the mention of Citros snow cake. “I see you are pulling out all the stops, am I correct in this assumption Supreme Chancellor?” She adjusted herself gently, as the waiter droid came by and placed various dining utensils and her water chalice before her. As the droid went to place the napkin in her lap, Alyesa stopped it short and waved it away with a free hand, her eyes focused on Jack’s movements.

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

"Pulling out all the stops? That I am, Princess." Jack walked over to the drinks cart himself rather than directing the service droid, knowing full well he was subtly placing himself beneath [member="Alyesa Organa"]. He examined the four rums for show, knowing full well which was the best just by the shape of the bottles and the color of the labels, before choosing Ethekel Blue, an exclusive small-batch Chadian rum. Picking up two glasses, Jack dropped two ice cubes into each, deftly poured three fingers of rum into both glasses, set the recapped bottle on the table between them, then picked up a dark green leaf and rubbed it around the rim of both glasses. "Thyferran mint," he said by way of explanation. "Brings out the earthy tones."

Jack placed one glass in front of Alyesa and took his own seat. "That I am. Alderaan is very important to the Republic, which means it's very important to me. So here I've come, tricorn hat in hand, metaphorically speaking, to see if there's any way to mend the break in our relations. Or if not, to at least enjoy an expensive meal with royalty on the Republic's tab." He raised his glass, holding it out to Alyesa in a toast. "To what we want."

Alyesa chuckled softly and took the drink from the table and raised it to his toast. “For our people.” She countered. A friendly gesture but one of truth unspoken. She had come here out political kindness, so to speak. As it was well known, she had worked with Jack for many years and she couldn’t refuse his offer when he asked so politely – and with so much charm ontop of it. With a smirk painted on her lips, she brought the glass to her lips and took a sip of the amber liquid.

Her eyes squinted in reaction as the bit of alcohol hit her taste buds. The earthy tones indeed. The mint did it’s best to dampen down the bitter flavor of the rum and enhance the sweetness – but it was the aftershock that caused her to pull the glass away and cough roughly. Too many years of wine and more refined liquors had taken their toll.

She wasn’t ready for the heavy hitting rum – despite its unique taste, but she found herself intrigued and taking yet another sip despite the coughing spell she had a few seconds ago. It was like a smooth menthol sensation down her throat, with a bit of musk. Alyesa gently set the glass down and chuckled softly, gently moving the glass in her hand to stir the mint leaf and ice together.

The effects of the alcohol would be swift and merciless to the lightweight Princess of Alderaan – as the tingling sensation would begin to filter through her body causing a lightheartedly giggle that made her free hand come up to cover her mouth.

‘Oh man, gotta slow down.’ She thought to herself. ‘But this is so good!’

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

"A smile, Princess?" grinned Jack. "Well, I should say that our negotiations are off to a promising start." He drained half of the rum in one healthy swallow. "Like that," he instructed. "Gets it where it's going, and makes room in your glass for more. Now then. No, no, drink up, the rest of the bottle stands ready, a sentry against our mutual vicissitudes. Now then. I own that the Republic under previous management has led some, yourself included, to believe that departure is the only solution. I am here to tell you that such a path is not desired by me, nor by any who would continue to embrace the jewel of your home. Ah," he paused, as the staff entered bearing the first course. "Our dinner beings. The amuse bouche, unless I'm much mistaken."

The waiters placed a plate before the Princess and then the Supreme Chancellor: a single bite consisting of black radish, salmon, and creamy cheese frais.

"If you were to make a list of three things I could do to make you reconsider, my lady, what would they be, do you think?" Jack picked up the amuse bouche with his fingers and popped it into his mouth, ignoring the small spoon provided, to the shock of the waiters.

[member="Alyesa Organa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom