Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feedback on my story.

Hello! Today I finished my character's story and I am very pleased with it but I don't know, there is something that I don't like. I tried to link the stories of my characters in The Old Republic with Dredelt: When I talked about House Wesser, Darth Surma and the old lightsaber. But I feel that the link with my old characters makes my story kind of bad or very "unrealistic". What do you think? Should I unlink it and start again? In overall, what do you think about the story?

I'll put the story here so you can read it! Thanks in advanced for the feedback and opinions.

Dredelt was born in a ship in the space near Naboo. His mother was a human of 30 standard years named Zirel that expended all her life buying and selling goods in order to keep her family alive and prosper. She was the responsible of acquiring the ship and almost all the possessions that the family had. His father was a human of 35 standard years named Dredelt IV, he was a treasure hunter that was obsessed with Sith Lore and Sith Antiques. He expended all his life looking for ancient artifacts and collecting those who had power. After Dredelt was born, his father named him after himself, in honor of the founder of the House, Darth Surma, which name before becoming a Sith was Dredelt. His mother was against this decision, because that name was very infamous among the members of the house (a house with no lands, no money, no armies and no more than 7 persons alive) but she didn't argue.

During his infancy and childhood Dredelt was living a fascinating life. His family and he were moving from places to places in the galaxy, they visited countless planets, met many people, saw countless species and obtained and lost many fortunes. Around age 8, his father started to teach him how to fix learning a lot, he also started a hobby in his own, writing. Everything changed around age 12, his father's obsession achieves a level of illness: He started to teach Dredelt the way of the Sith even though he just was an historian/collector, he hopes that his son would have the "gift" of the Force and would become one of the most powerful Sith in history... Dredelt didn't like what he was seeing, after years of reading, trading and learning he didn't like how the Sith think and how his father was loosing his mind. Dredelt started to ignore his father's teachings and started to find cures for him.

One year after these events, while all the family was sleeping, his father navigated the ship with everybody on board to Korriban, when everybody else woke up, they saw the planet through the windows and a note posted in the front panel: "I have to find a great relic to show my son the true power of the Sith." The family was horrified, they have heard stories about Korriban: What it was, what it saw... They just wanted to leave that infamous place but they couldn't abandon Dredelt's father... After 6 hours of waiting, the father didn't return, with great sorrow, they fled the planet as fast as they could with one thought in mind: "Why?" The next hours were terrible, the family just couldn't believe what had happened, so Dredelt and his mother just sat and waited... Sat and waited until they fell to sleep.

A week after that, they opened the box in which Dredelt's father kept the most important objects that he collected and event the relics of the family. She already knew what was inside, but Dredelt never had the will to open that box. She only took three things out of the box and gave them to Dredelt: An old, broken and useless light saber and an old and broken holocron that she said that were once property of Darth Surma (therefore those items have around 9.000 years old) and a gold ring with the seal of the family. She said to him: "Those items are dark... but they are the relics of our family, keep them in honor of your father and our name, even if you don't like the Sith or what your father did, please..." She sold the rest of the box.

With time, life went back to normality, they went to places... bought and sold stuff, and repeat the process over again. After 7 years of those events and a great depression, Zirel died and was incinerated and liberated in her natal planet, Coruscant. Dredelt inherit all the belongings of the family and his life continued... he kept doing what he knew best, trading what was worth, and flying through the infinite space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom