Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feedback on John Shepherd

Hello all,

I've been writing with you guys for a little under a month but I have quiet a few threads out and I wanted some feedback on my writing, what I could do better, what I could add, and some advice for my character in general. ANy advice and feedback would be appreciated.

What I do see:
--Decent posting size: You don't write one liners or two liners, so you give a fair amount to work with, I do like this
--Fairly good knowledge of cannon lore and limitations. This is pretty good from what I have seen. I like it
--Bulk posting: Its kinda hard to follow your text sometimes because you don't really use paragraph breaks. That "Enter button" is on the keyboard for a reason and it can make your writing seem a lot more elegant as well as show a change in idea.

What I'd like to see:
--Character. Sadly your John Sheppard seems to lack a lot of Character motivation. I want to know what makes him human please. I love this part about role play and characters. Don't shy away from this.
--Noncombat: Waving a gun around is pretty dandy, but that's not who a person is. I'd like to see who John Shepard is, not just a fellow with a gun.
--Paragraph breaks.
--More descriptive words. Adverbs and adjectives paint the scene, they tell us more than actions ever will. Eg: there is a huge difference between:

1) "He sighed"
2) "he sighed irritably"
3) "he sighed wistfully"

See what I mean? Whole 'nother world.

--More body language: Body language is the key to the mind, we communicate more with unspoken than we do with spoken.

You have got a great start and I am looking forward to where you go from here. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom