Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feedback and Story

Hello,

This is my attempt at becoming a better writer. I had a problem with my previous character to get a real story or center my characters. I was not really good at writing anything more then a background character that bounced around the galaxy. I lost interest and could not find my passion for writing even though I love it a lot. So I am opening a Feedback Thread for people to suggest improvements and possible story lines to help improve myself.

I don't really shy away from criticism and have really thick skin (Eldest of 4 Boys). If you don't believe me ask around the Board if anyone wrote with Jaster Awaud Jaster Awaud and though I was really flacking and couldn't finish a thread, I hope I was a positive RP Partner. So don't go overboard, but also don't be afraid of hurting my feelings cuz I really would like to just improve and learn.

Watching all the writing going on while I was dealing with life showed that there really is more then one way to write. So I would like to learn.

Hopefully this doesn't bite me in the but and the Admins have to get involved, but I am here for the experiment....

Now onto the Story, Below is a link that only I can edit that is will be the outline for future stories. Anyone can look at it, and if there is something someone wants to add or jump into, just mention it below and we can talk it out in DM's or Discord. TY and I hope we can all get along.... Hopefully.

Click ME For Story Outline

Hey there!

I don't believe there's a right or wrong approach to writing as long as people stay respectful with each other, but I do have some advice if you want to feel more involved and keep a story going. To me, a very big help was getting involved with a faction, or even several. It's more than making use of the faction stories and establishing your character within them.

You also meet people with similar story interests more easily and develop alongside them. I see in your doc that you're looking to make contacts in the GA and Sith Order, so I think those are really good ideas to get things going. The more people you know and can reach out to for threads, the easier it is to bring them together for a story :)

Another option is to set up an LFG and be somewhat specific, but concise about what you're looking for. This can be trickier if you have very specific or niche ideas, but always worth a shot!

Bunker-level Normal
Best approach I can suggest is to find the people who make you enjoy the story. Might be cynical, but everything on this board goes in waves, few stories or characters or factions persist but people sometimes do. When you find people who make you feel included and write you into their stories as well, that's when I'd focus my efforts. Obviously, it should be good people with stories you enjoy writing.

Not every character stays and no faction is perfect, even mine. People who include you in stories, and want to be included in yours? That's the valuable part imho. Be patient with yourself, and don't be afraid to bounce around if you need to, as long as you're finding better passion and satisfaction where you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom