Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Athsheva Rin

Yuuzhan Vong. Shaper. Exile.
Tagging: Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund

The bitterly cold winds of Ilum whipped around her, scouring the exposed skin of her face and ears like bites from a million and one pestilent insects. For a Yuuzhan Vong, of course, it was barely more than a tickle-- but that didn't negate the potential damage that frostbite could cause. It would be best not to remain out in the open for too long. Even her oozhith had its limits; it could only spread the wriggling cilia of its body to cover her so far. Athsheva trudged through the knee-high snowbanks with as much speed as she could manage. Overhead, the night sky, illuminated by the distant light of countless stars, was her only guide. She followed what happened to pass for this planet's northern star as she moved along. Anything less could mean following the winding path of her dominant foot, and that would no doubt lead into a death spiral from which she would not escape.

It would seem, however, that the gods were once again smiling upon her.

Ahead of her, just over a rolling dune of powdery snow, was a massive, icy cliff face that reached far upwards, its top invisible in the low cloud cover. Just off to her right, nestled within the ice and stone, was an opening-- barely more than a crevice, really. Nevertheless, something beckoned to her from within, a distant, ungodly shimmering light of green, blue and purple.

Yes... This must be it. The writings had spoken of the Jeedai and their lightsabers: powerful weapons, able to pose a threat to even the strongest yorik. Those lightsabers had been powered by crystals. Kyber. While she didn't expect to understand all of their mystical qualities, the possibilities that such a crystal could provide was more than enough to justify the danger of going inside. The Yuuzhan Vong suppressed a tremor of excitement as she made a beeline for the opening, her slender frame allowing her to slip inside with ease.

Zakuul_Emblem_2.png

image.png

ILUM | SOUTHERN MOUNTAINS | CRYSTAL CAVE ENTRANCE

Aurelian stood outside of his shuttle which had set down a few minutes earlier. He was completely sealed off from the environment in his golden armour, not even recognising the wind which let his blue cape fly wildly in the wind nor the snow whipping into his helmeted face. It was not his first visit to the icy planet with its vast deposits of Force and lightsaber crystals of various kind and he remembered the harsh conditions well, and was more than glad to ignore them now.

He was here for a potential deposit of Pontite, the most potent of the Adegans which he required for an experiment. It was not assured to find them here but it was hint he had found from scans and some reports intercepted from the Jedi and narrowed the possibility to the cave nearby. Due to the territory belonging to the Galactic Alliance, therefore he was travelling alone.

The Zakuulans HUD indicated the path to the entrance as well as everything else the armour reported and sensed through its scanners and sensors, but the snow storm did not make it very reliable, but he was pretty certain that whatever he could encounter, he would be more than capable of dealing with it. So Aurelian started his path towards the cave, some equipment in pouches and bags attached to his sword belt which was around his waist, ready to search and mine some crystals.

Athsheva Rin

Within the cave, Athsheva was momentarily taken aback by the scale of the place. Only the largest city-caverns of her homeworld (the thought sent a dull, momentary pang to her heart, quickly forgotten) could even hope to compare to the wide open expanse of the subterranean realm. Overhead, a ceiling of flickering, pulsating light-- countless thousands of kyber crystals-- was nearly as bright as the morning sun. She could certainly understand why the Jeedai might feel a religious awe over a place such as this.

There was no time, however, to stand and gawk. Even within the cave, shielded from the outer winds, the cold still bit ferociously. Careful to keep a stable footing on the rocky floor, the Shaper moved to one of the grand, sloping walls of the cavern. Several outcroppings of multicolored kyber sprouted from the walls before her. Athsheva chose the one she thought to be most unique: a red crystal, pulsing with malign suggestiveness. She reached for it with her right hand, all eight digits encircling the base of the crystal; sharp, snipping claws began to snap and pry at the rock, wriggling the crystal back and forth.

"That's it," she whispered, more to the cephalopod that was her right hand rather than herself. "You and I will have so much fun together..."

Thuum.

The vibration of a distant footstep echoed from one of the cave's other openings. Whatever it was, it was heavy. Metal, judging by the far-off sound. She wasn't alone. The amphistaff currently huddled underneath her oozhith stirred to life, slithering out of her sleeve and coiling around her free arm. Athsheva muttered a curse, her shaping hand moving with a greater sense of urgency.

Thuum... Thuum... Thuum...

So close... So close!

With a triumphant hiss, Athsheva pried the crystal from the rock-- and just in time, too. She spun on her heel to face the intruder as they arrived, pressing her back against the wall, and holding the amphistaff out before her. The serpent hissed and coiled in the air, ready to protect its master from the new arrival.

Athsheva, for her part, could only gape in astonishment. This was the first machine she had ever seen up close-- or was it a man? It walked like a man, moving on two legs, the golden armor reflecting the myriad light show overhead. It was equal parts disgusting and beautiful, a frantic collection of sharp, right angles and polished surfaces. With the tizowyrm coiling in her ear, prepared to translate, all she could do was wait for the thing-- or the man-- to speak... or attack.

Zakuul_Emblem_2.png

image.png

ILUM | SOUTHERN MOUNTAINS | ENTERING

The lonely golden figure moved into the cave, leaving deep tracks in the snow and even in the cracking ice with his completely armored sabatons. Once inside the cave, the noise around died down and became more of a distant whisper while his steps turned into the loudest noise around. He was not particularly caring about stealth, ever, hence why he wore a golden armor like always.

While he could appreciate the view of the myriad of crystals and shining colors, Aurelian had seen it before and was not interested in them. Most of these were quite average and not suited for his experiments, they were good enough for Jedi or Sith for sure, but not for him. He had a lightsaber and his followers had ligthsabers, yet they were powered by stronger crystals than these and more suited for the tasks they had. It was nothing spiritual for him, nothing bonding, it was an object, a resource required for certain applications.

With him moving on, his sensors picked up a lifeform. Without delaying or hesitating, he changed his direction towards the lifeform, if he wasn't alone here, he wanted to know what or who it was to proceed undisturbed. If it was a beast or animal of sorts, it needed to go and if it was sentient, it would be interesting to find out who it was.

When his lenses could visually see the being, he stopped. Aurelian looked at the female Vong with curiosity while she seemed ready to defend herself with her curious serpent-like weapon. He did not acknowledge any threat or changed his physical stance to counter a possible attack, nor did he feel discomforted by her Force Dead presence, afterall, he created a legion of Force dead beings to serve him. It was difficult to determine what she was seeing, thinking.

His armored hands moved to his helmet and pressed the releases, a decompressing hiss going as the sealed system was broken. He removed it and revealed his stone-grey eyes staring at her, an unyielding but not hostile expression carved into his rock like face.

"My name is Aurelian, I mean you no harm." He simply stated.

Athsheva Rin

Athsheva watched the interloper with fierce, discerning eyes. The armored thing seemed to be... preparing to decapitate itself? No. Her eyes widened as the helmet came off, revealing the truth of what laid beneath.

So it was a man... A man who willingly chose to encase himself in metal. The very idea of it made her stomach flip, inconceivable as it was to her refined senses. The Yuuzhan Vong held her breath, debating her next move.

"My name is Aurelian, I mean you no harm."
Her tizowyrm trembled as it got to work on translation. She didn't entirely believe his words... but the man before her, frankly, didn't seem like he needed to rely on subterfuge to get his way. The breath she had been holding finally left her lips in a slow, steady sigh, the warm cloud billowing in the cold air. Carefully, she lowered her arm to the floor; the amphistaff coiled around her forearm, still tense in case this man-- this Aurelian-- decided to change his mind.

"We shall see if you are a man of your word, Aurelian," she replied. The Yuuzhan Vong stepped away from the wall, straightening her back into a posture that would garner a little more respect.

"I am Athsheva Rin. What brings you to this world?" A beat, and then a supposition. "You do not seem like a Jeedai..."

Zakuul_Emblem_2.png

image.png

ILUM | SOUTHERN MOUNTAINS | ENTERING

"We shall see if you are a man of your word, Aurelian"

He meant it, despite his warrior-esque appearance, he was not here to pick a fight with anyone but those he already was fighting and even those were very limited currently. The chance to meet a Vong here were slim, extremely unlikely even, compared to meeting an eager padawan or similar servant of the Force. But a naturally Force Dead sentient, here on Ilum, that was a chance which would even surprise the computers of old Iokath.

"I am Athsheva Rin. What brings you to this world? You do not seem like a Jeedai..."

"I could ask you the very same question and I am even very certain that you are not a Jedi." He mused.

Aurelian was intrigued by the meeting, he had considered the technology of the Yuuzahn Vong for a long time as curious and interesting but never really got to researching and testing it properly.

"I am here to find Pontite Crystals or at least one." Without waiting for her question, asked or unasked, he continued. "The rarest form of the Adegan Crystals most commonly found here on Ilum. What about yourself?"

The golden giant was holding the helmet in one of his hands while the other, as usual, rested on the pommel of his sheathed sword in a relaxed manner, it was his common stance and not at all meant to intimidate. It was in fact quite far from a weapons-ready position and usually gave off more the vibes of a statue made of marble as he remained unmoved for long periods of time.

Athsheva Rin

"I could ask you the very same question and I am even very certain that you are not a Jedi."

That much was true. Her nostrils flared slightly, a short huff escaping her; it wasn't a sound of anger, but amusement. "How astute you are..." The metal man had a sense of humor, it seemed, muted as it was. In all other respects, he was like a statue, impassive and immobile He also clearly knew of her people, judging by the certainty in his remarks. No point in trying to dance around that.

"I am here to find Pontite Crystals or at least one." Without waiting for her question, asked or unasked, he continued. "The rarest form of the Adegan Crystals most commonly found here on Ilum. What about yourself?"

She appreciated the explanation. The Shaper's pointed ears flicked slightly, a clear sign of curiosity among her people. Here was someone who clearly understood far more about the kyber than she did. Perhaps this meeting was fated... Coincidence or not, she would never pass up an opportunity to learn.

"I came here to procure a kyber sample," Athsheva replied, "although, I will confess, I was not aware of the different types. My information is woefully limited, it seems."

She paused for a moment, glancing at the red crystal that still pulsed in her grasp. After some consideration, she closed some of the distance between the two of them. Not all of it, of course-- he was far too tall, and she didn't want to crane her neck that far back-- but enough to be considered a more comfortable, conversational distance. The Yuuzhan Vong raised her shaper hand, the red kyber crystal pinched between two clawed fingers.

"How would you describe this stone, Aurelian? Is it a specimen worthy of study, or should I find another?"

Zakuul_Emblem_2.png

image.png

ILUM | SOUTHERN MOUNTAINS | CONVERSING

"I came here to procure a kyber sample, although, I will confess, I was not aware of the different types. My information is woefully limited, it seems."

"Your information is good enough to not lead you to Coruscant or Jedha, that is worth something. There are many more types of crystals than just those found here on Ilum even. Yet those we have most plentiful and colorful here are Ilum Crystals, common and usually used by the Jedi to construct their lightsabers."

He elaborated neutrally. Aurelian was not here to hold a lecture on Force and lightsaber crystals, yet the opportunity was too unique to lose it. He was giving away public information, information nearly anyone could acquire with a bit of effort. Uses or more specific crystals like the one embedded in his blade were a different subject he would see in time if it was worth expanding on.

"These crystals have various degrees of purity and most you will find either are from the least quality or the quality a Jedi Padawan would seek." He eyed her approach, his stance not shifting. Though he set his gaze on the crystal she held up, a red one. Curious choice. Red was not as common here as green or blue which made the vast majority. "Interesting choice. What made you decide for this one?" Certainly not the pull of the Force. Right?

Athsheva Rin

Tagging: Aurelian Sigismund

"Your information is good enough to not lead you to Coruscant or Jedha, that is worth something. There are many more types of crystals than just those found here on Ilum even. Yet those we have most plentiful and colorful here are Ilum Crystals, common and usually used by the Jedi to construct their lightsabers."

"Then I will consider myself blessed." She had heard of Coruscant, of course. That was the infidel name for it; her own people had christened it Yuuzhan'tar, after the homeworld. Jedha, however, was new to her, and she made a point to commit the name to memory, even if just to avoid the planet in her travels. While she had no interest in constructing a lightsaber of her own, understanding the Jeedai weapon could be the key to defeating it...

"These crystals have various degrees of purity and most you will find either are from the least quality or the quality a Jedi Padawan would seek. Interesting choice. What made you decide for this one?"

Her eyes averted from his, glancing back at the crystal in her hand. Her reasons for choosing it were simple enough, and if it had some kind of greater significance to Aurelian, it certainly did not hold the same value for her.

"It was red," she answered simply, shrugging her shoulders. If it was an interesting choice by his account, then it was at least worth some study. Athsheva tucked the crystal into the collar of her oozhith; the garment's wriggling cilia held the crystal in place tightly. With her newly free hand, she gestured out at the crystals that surrounded them with a grand, sweeping gesture. "Everything else I see before me is blue, green, even purple... But not this one. Perhaps you can tell me why that is?"

Last edited:
Zakuul_Emblem_2.png

image.png

"It was red"

That made him smile. It was not a broad or warming smile, but it was genuine for the short duration it took. Aurelian was amused but also encouraged by her combination of ignorance and preference. She did not choose because of any ideology or background, she chose because it looked the best and most interesting. Probably one of the very, very few picks for a crystal on this world which were not done out of religious fanatism or political agenda.

"Everything else I see before me is blue, green, even purple... But not this one. Perhaps you can tell me why that is?"

"Red occurs very rarely naturally, there are a few exceptions but for especially this kind, red is rare. I honestly cannot tell why red is so much rarer among the Ilum crystals, my geology knowledge is limited in that regard, but here red is not very common, independent of purity."

He paused a moment and made a step towards her, enough to reach out with his massive armored hand to open his palm and offer her to put it in for him to inspect it closely. If done so he would take a step back and look at it, if not, he would step back as well.

"Politically or rather worse, religiously the color red is associated with synthetic crystals which are typically created by the members of the Sith Order, the aggressive brothers of the pacifist Jedi."

Athsheva Rin

"Red occurs very rarely naturally, there are a few exceptions but for especially this kind, red is rare. I honestly cannot tell why red is so much rarer among the Ilum crystals, my geology knowledge is limited in that regard, but here red is not very common, independent of purity."

For some reason, his admission of a lack of knowledge was almost... reassuring, in a way. Too often, Athsheva had encountered people-- politicians, prefects, and more-- who claimed ultimate and total knowledge of things they knew nothing about. His honesty about the gaps in his knowledge was refreshing, and that put her at ease. Perhaps that was the reason she only felt a momentary lurch of fear and disgust as he approached. Up close, the metallic armor seemed only more unnatural, and she regarded his outstretched gauntlet for a moment with apprehension...

But the moment passed. Did she like machines? Certainly not. But she was not afraid of them. Her expression steeled into one of resolve. The Yuuzhan Vong reached back into her collar, removing the kyber crystal with her Shaper hand so she could delicately place it in his open palm.

"Politically or rather worse, religiously the color red is associated with synthetic crystals which are typically created by the members of the Sith Order, the aggressive brothers of the pacifist Jedi."

His words immediately intrigued her. She was largely ignorant to this second sect of sorcerers, but by the way he talked about these... Seeth, it seemed that he was not a member of their order, either.

Athsheva turned her eyes up to his, watching him. A deeply fascinating man, to say the least. She wanted to know more.

"So... Not a Jeedai, then," she mused thoughtfully, hands placed on her hips, "but not a Seeth, either. You speak of them as if you... detest them? Or pity them, perhaps. I must admit, I've never encountered an outsider such as yourself." Her dark eyes twinkled with curiosity... or, perhaps, that was simply the reflection of the lights from overhead.

"Would you let me walk with you? To find these Pontite crystals, I mean. I would like to keep talking with you. You are more interesting than the kyber, it seems."

Zakuul_Emblem_2.png

image.png

"So... Not a Jeedai, then, but not a Seeth, either. You speak of them as if you... detest them? Or pity them, perhaps. I must admit, I've never encountered an outsider such as yourself."

Did he ever pity them? It was a valid question and one he haven't been thinking about in recent times. They were pitiful, that much was true, they lacked any understanding of how desastrous their religions were, that they were fighting for nothing, again and again. They had no goal, no knowledge, no idea about the people they affected. As much terror and atrocities Aurelian had committed in his life-time, he was never doing them for his personal gain or for an elusive church of an invisible energy.

He detested them. He despised them in fact.

"I think detest and oppose are the correct choices of words here."

"Would you let me walk with you? To find these Pontite crystals, I mean. I would like to keep talking with you. You are more interesting than the kyber, it seems."

Curious offer. This was indeed a trip which had taken an interesting turn. He gestured forward.

"Certainly." He responded, probably to both parts of the sentence but definitely to the question. "What makes you interested in kyber and take the journey to this frozen planet?" It would be indeed interesting if there was a more biological application of kyber, he knew of various experiments to include the Force in crystals and transfer it to the wearer, but that was mostly done through technology, not biology. But as she was Force Dead, the Force was definitely not her desire.

Athsheva Rin

"I think detest and oppose are the correct choices of words here."

"Then you and I have something in common, Aurelian," she replied. Athsheva was pleasantly surprised to find an infidel with whom she shared some common ground. It was rare, but reassuring. "I have my own reasons for despising them. You can probably guess at them, if you are at all familiar with our history."

"Certainly. What makes you interested in kyber and take the journey to this frozen planet?"

She flashed him a brief, close-lipped smile as she settled alongside him, following his stride. His gait was longer than hers, and Athsheva found herself hustling to keep up, even as her new acquaintance seemed to move at a relaxed, steady pace.

"An excellent question," she answered. "As you can imagine, the mystical qualities of kyber are beyond my ken. However, these crystals also have unique physical properties that I believe can be harnessed... or exploited."

She tilted her head to look up at Aurelian, searching the man's stoic expression to see if she could find any recognition. He would know better than her, after all. "I have heard ancient tales of kyber superweapons, for one. But in the event I cannot harness them, I also believe that careful study can lead to new methods of destroying or disabling them."

Athsheva couldn't hide the excitement in her voice at that. Her enthusiasm was evident in the smile that overtook her, eyebrows rising. "Imagine it: a biot capable of shrieking with the exact resonant frequency necessary to shatter kyber. Or a biot that eats kyber, making it unusable. The possibilities are endless!"

Zakuul_Emblem_2.png

image.png

" ... if you are at all familiar with our history."

Aurelian remembered. "I fought your kin in the invasion." He left it at that, just hinting to her at his age. They moved on, he was doing slow and considerate steps, still large and fast for an ordinary person, yet he did not attempt or try to slow down further, there was no need in his eyes. If interested, she would prove to be able to overcome this minor obstacle.

"I have heard ancient tales of kyber superweapons, for one. But in the event I cannot harness them, I also believe that careful study can lead to new methods of destroying or disabling them. Imagine it: a biot capable of shrieking with the exact resonant frequency necessary to shatter kyber. Or a biot that eats kyber, making it unusable. The possibilities are endless!"

"Indeed, there were powerful weapons constructed with it, planet-destroying weapons, their technology utilising the focusing and powering of the crystals to amplify laser power to a multitude of its normal capabilities. Intriguing that you consider to harness them, there are very few ways to organically and biologically bind them to a living being and those are to my knowledge all related to the Force."

As for her second part, it was absolutely abstract and something Aurelian would not even consider in his wildest daydreams. Eat them? That was too much for his vision but the idea of destroying them by shrieking was more curious. Sonic and ultrasound was a generally ignored or underrated subject for military technology.

"You want to collect samples and conduct tests to find out how to utilise or neutralise them. I find it intriguing that you are trying to counter something of which you can only grasp a portion, due to your natural precondition. Technological - or biological use aside. Most widely used they are for Force users and in their lightsabers, creating a bond between the wielder and weapon."

Athsheva Rin

That was... That was impossible. Her mind wrenched to a screaming halt on the detail, momentarily unable to move past it. In the invasion? He couldn't possibly mean what he was saying. That happened nearly a millennia ago!

And yet... Was it really so impossible? Members of her own kind could get to advanced ages-- hundreds of years-- by constantly swapping failing organs for new ones. It was rare, certainly, but not unheard of. Who knew what kind of unholy preservation techniques this man had at his disposal?

Her shock registered on her face, but she refrained from commenting on it further. For now. In time, assuming this relationship continued, she would ask... and she would know the truth of what happened. All of it.

"You want to collect samples and conduct tests to find out how to utilise or neutralise them. I find it intriguing that you are trying to counter something of which you can only grasp a portion, due to your natural precondition. Technological - or biological use aside. Most widely used they are for Force users and in their lightsabers, creating a bond between the wielder and weapon."

Now there was an interesting and accurate observation. He certainly had a point. For a moment, the Yuuzhan Vong was quiet, thinking deeply on her answer.

"You are correct, yes, that I am operating at a natural disadvantage in the study of kyber crystals," she acquiesced. Athsheva lifted one slender hand, a finger extended to the ceiling.

"But consider this: if one was to refrain from working on something they did not fully understand... one would never develop the opportunity to understand it at all," Athsheva continued. Her voice was firm, resolve evident in her steely expression. She seemed to be staring off at some distant point.

"Every day, you and I navigate a world we do not fully understand. We likely never will. But we move forward, regardless, do we not? Because the alternative-- to be helpless, to give up-- is to resign ourselves to failure."

Zakuul_Emblem_2.png

image.png

"But consider this: if one was to refrain from working on something they did not fully understand... one would never develop the opportunity to understand it at all."

That he could certainly agree with. Aurelian's research and testing over the long time of his life included mostly means to get around or through obstacles in the best way possible and it usually was what he did not understood initially. He tracked Sith, more successfully after he learned how they operate, think and work. He hunted Jedi, after he got full understanding of their philosophies. And yet he never got swallowed by the Light or Dark. He researched engineering, forging and biology because he did not understand what had been done to him.

"Every day, you and I navigate a world we do not fully understand. We likely never will. But we move forward, regardless, do we not? Because the alternative-- to be helpless, to give up-- is to resign ourselves to failure."

"If there would be nothing left to learn - what would we do." It was a rhetorical question. He did not believe himself omniscient or perfect, nor did he have a great sense of pride, but he was certainly one of the most knowledgeable and experienced beings currently wandering the surface of the Galaxy in many aspects.

"Lucky for us, the universe expands continuously and also does knowledge so we never run out of it. We just need to be aware of it. And not stale ourselves. You seem to grasp that, otherwise you would not be here, freezing with Force Crystals."

Athsheva Rin

"Lucky for us, the universe expands continuously and also does knowledge so we never run out of it. We just need to be aware of it. And not stale ourselves. You seem to grasp that, otherwise you would not be here, freezing with Force Crystals."

The relief that came with finding someone who understood-- a fellow learner, who knew that the acquisition of knowledge was the means for improvement on mind, body and soul-- was palpable. Athsheva tore her eyes away from the vague direction of her homeworld, head tilting up to once again stare at the infidel alongside her.

"Yes... exactly. If there is something to be learned from the kyber, I will make every possible attempt," she sighed, relieved to encounter a kindred spirit. This kind of heretical talk had lead to her exile on the homeworld, and consequently, it had been ages since she'd had a proper, civilized conversation.

Athsheva brought her steepled fingers to her lips, her brow rising curiously. "Now. These Pontite crystals... You said they are powerful. But to what end? For what purpose do you seek them out, Aurelian?"

Zakuul_Emblem_2.png

image.png

"Now. These Pontite crystals... You said they are powerful. But to what end? For what purpose do you seek them out, Aurelian?"

"The crystals are capable of connecting the bearer with their weapon through the Force, making the weapon bonding to its user and giving it a kind-of sentience. Not really active or thinking, but reacting and instinctive. While other uses for the crystals to focus and concentrate power, leaving the Force out, I have come unto research where crystals were used to imbue the Force into a non-Force sensitive being."

It was done hundreds of years ago by the Reborn and their head scientist Galak Fyyar with the help of the Valley of the Jedi on Ruusan resulting in the Shadowtrooper program which saw average people become Force imbued warriors. He was not interested to get more Force users, even though it was an interesting corruption of the natural order he truly considered, no, but if you understood how the Force reacted to manipulations, one might be able to determine the exact opposite. How to remove the Force, entirely, by pure will.

"And I want to test and research how it reacts to one of the strongest crystals, if you can bend the Force through common science."

He would not reveal his truest intentions. The Zakuulan was telling the truth, but also left out the ultimate goals and motivations. This was a random chance encounter, not a therapy session or revelation of the universe afterall.

Athsheva Rin

"The crystals are capable of connecting the bearer with their weapon through the Force, making the weapon bonding to its user and giving it a kind-of sentience. Not really active or thinking, but reacting and instinctive. While other uses for the crystals to focus and concentrate power, leaving the Force out, I have come unto research where crystals were used to imbue the Force into a non-Force sensitive being."

The idea of a living weapon was, of course, familiar to her. However, wrapping her head around the idea of cold, unliving metal somehow being imbued with a life force was... difficult. It stood against everything she thought she knew to be true.

It seemed that the ungodly sorcery of the Jeedai was proving to be far more complex than she originally thought. More research was needed. To that end, as they walked, Athsheva made a habit of running ahead to peel more crystals from the cave wall, not entirely dissimilar to a child in a candy store. Green, blue, purple and yellow-- what difference did they make, she wondered? Jeedai seemed to use them all, save for the red ones. For now, she tucked them away in her collar.

"And I want to test and research how it reacts to one of the strongest crystals, if you can bend the Force through common science."

Bending the Force through common science... Athsheva looked over her shoulder at him as they walked, regarding him curiously. She tried to discern the unspoken motivations behind his words-- the truth.

"... I am beginning to get the impression that it is not only the Jeedai and the Seeth who you do not care for," she ventured, her shrewd eyes watching for any microscopic change in the man's stoic expression. "You seem to have a low opinion for their sorcery as well. Or, at least, you do not treat it with the same reverence. Perhaps you and I are alike in that regard."

Zakuul_Emblem_2.png

image.png

The gold-clad warrior looked at the Vong moving ahead and collecting more crystals. The Jedi would frown upon it, collecting something they thought to be found naturally, connecting the Jedi with the crystal through the Force. Pathetic fools.

"You seem to have a low opinion for their sorcery as well. Or, at least, you do not treat it with the same reverence. Perhaps you and I are alike in that regard."

"The Force is an arbitrary, controlling power which connects each one of us, if we want it or not. Even you. Just because you are completely disconnected, does not mean you are not part of its machinations, exempt from its imperious will."

His eyes looked ahead. The cave became less lighted and the crystals less frequent, most of the light emitted by the crystal formations being absorbed by the dark blue ice.

"And its users are not more benevolent or reasonable, only powerhungry and hypocritical warmongers and religious fanatics."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom