Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Family Trip

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
With a new white dress on, a fairly heavy-looking backpack on her back, and Vera around her chest in a baby carrier, Valery happily walked hand in hand with Kahlil through a remote forest on Drall. She likely looked somewhat ridiculous with all the gear strapped around her, but it hardly mattered. Getting away from all the stress and fighting to spend some time away from it all with her family was just what she needed right now. She knew she would have to open up to him about her nightmares and visions soon, even though he was likely aware already and just giving her time. Today though, she didn't want to worry about any of it.
As she walked through the tall grass and between the flowers and plants, her bright smile settled on a lone river that split the forest in half. The sound of running water, the chirping of birds, and the smell of fresh air — they made it easy to forget that a normal day usually involved heavy fighting in the war. Now, all she could think about was the fun day ahead. The fishing, the laughing and even showing him his birthday present.
This was going to be a good day.
"You know, I've never gone fishing like this before," Valery said as she looked up at her fiancé.
"But then again, I've never been one to take enough time away to actually relax."
The two finally reached the river and Valery stopped to look around. Without saying anything, she gently squeezed her lover's hand, a sign to show just how happy she was at the moment. "You think this is a good spot to set up? You're the expert~" she teased with a playful smirk.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil had his own pack on his back. A bundle of fishing supplies, a tent, whatever he could carry. Their first year together, camping. Fishing. He wanted to make sure he had everything. Asides, Valery Noble Valery Noble was already caring her own pack and their baby. He couldn't very well leave the mother of his child to carry anything else on his watch. She was a Jedi Master and able to carry whatever she wanted.

But here she was just Valery.

"Seems like a good spot, yeah." He unshouldered his pack, already setting about making a fire pit. "No holocom, right? Whatever happens, we're allowed to take a break for a day." That he was adamant about. People always needed help, but if they didn't take the time to rest, they'd only become a hinderance. He smiled, glancing over to the two most important woman in his life.

"Think she'll like the water?"

n0m34qi.png
With a deep sigh, Valery set down the heavy backpack on the ground close to a tall tree. Kahlil always offered to carry most of the weight — he could physically handle it much easier. But she was a tad stubborn and wanted to feel like she was carrying her own weight in everything they did. So aside from the baby, she had brought along quite a bit of the gear. Still not as much as him, but enough to feel satisfied.
"No holocom," she smiled. It was something they had both agreed on. "I left it at home and only brought a communicator in case we have an emergency and need to call someone. But nobody is reaching us. Not this time." she stepped up to him and took his hand for a moment while she looked up and into his eyes. They both really needed this time with just the family.
Valery then looked down at Vera, who was still strapped to her chest and smirked.
"She enjoys taking baths, so I think she will. I also brought some swimwear for myself along, so if the water is good, I might just go for a swim with her too."
With a wide grin, she finally maneuvered herself out of the baby carrier and safely set Vera down. They were going to have to set up tents, so she was going to do just that while Kahlil prepared a fire pit. Together, they'd have everything ready in no time to begin their little vacation.
"We'll have to be careful with Vera at night. Maybe set up a smaller tent for her or keep her in something? I'm a bit scared to sleep close to her, in case we move in our sleep." It was her worried motherly tone, but she knew it would be alright. She needed to stop stressing over everything.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We'll set up a crib for her in our tent." That was his plan, anyway. He paused his building of the fire, turning his silver gaze towards Valery Noble Valery Noble and Vera, just.. Watching. Smiling. This meant more to him than Valery might know. No, she did. If there was anyone in the galaxy that could understand what went through his head, it was her. Ah, wait. The fire. He chuckled, turning his gaze back to what he was doing. Finishing the pit, getting the fire going.

Then moved over to start getting the tent built up.

"We'll get the tent set up, then maybe we go for a swim, yeah?"

n0m34qi.png
When Kahlil looked over, Valery was in front of Vera, wiggling her index finger in front of her and making cutesy noises to get her daughter to laugh. Vera seemed to be having the time of her life and as Valery looked over her shoulder, she met his gaze with a smile of her own.
"Come on, wave to daddy." Valery chuckled and moved so Vera could show all of her excitement to her father.
With a wide grin, Valery got up and helped Kahlil finish setting up the tent — she was decent at it from her survival training days on New Cov. Together, they got through it fast and were ready to just... relax. It was strange, but she knew how much it meant to him to be with his family like this, and it meant just as much to her.
From her backpack, Valery then retrieved her swimwear and moved into the tent to get herself changed. When she came out, she looked at him with a smirk and tied up her ponytail again.
"You think the water is going be cold?" she stepped up towards him with the same grin, and finally looked over at the water. She was looking forward to going for a swim with the family.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Maybe. Suns high, and it hasn't been cloudy. Hard to say." Kahlil changed pretty quickly himself once Valery was out, passing off Vera in the process to do so. Almost reluctantly. Their daughter in his arms was the ling he wanted most. But also to see her swim. Vera's first swim. Yeah, he was excited for that. Shortly after he'd emerge, still wearing a shirt. As much as he knew Valery Noble Valery Noble loved him shirtless, he still didn't like to be if he could help it.

Or maybe it was just a habit now?

He blinked, looking at himself. His scars were there, as always. But was he still ashamed of them? Or was it he wasn't ashamed of them so much as he was ashamed of the mark his father had put on him? Might as well test that. He pulled off his shirt, tossing it aside. And.. Yeah. No odd feeling of shame. He chuckled a little before glancing towards the two.

"We got any floaties for her?"

n0m34qi.png
While Kahlil changed to go swimming, Valery held Vera in her arms and gently swayed in place to keep her calm and smiling. Much like her father, just holding the baby was enough to make her happy. When he finally emerged with his shirt still on, she tilted her head slightly but she wasn't really going to judge him too much for it. She was more than aware of the reason.
But seeing him take it off moments later anyway brought a warm smile to her lips. In this case, not because she enjoyed seeing him without a shirt — it was purely because of what it meant to him to feel comfortable without a shirt. At least, around his family.
"I brought floaties. Here..." Valery said as she passed off Vera to him.
While he held her, she went to grab the girl's floaties and made sure they were put on properly, and blown up enough to keep her afloat in the water.
"I carried her here, so would you like to take her into the water?" Valery knew he loved holding her, and taking her for her first swim was likely something he'd love to do.
With a wide grin, she then moved off towards the water and entered it quickly to submerge herself. When she popped out with her long hair soaked, she smiled in the direction of the two most important people in her life.
"The water is pretty good!"
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

There was no need to ask twice. As soon as Valery Noble Valery Noble suggested Kahlil take Vera in the water he was there, lifting up the little hybrid with a bright smile. "Oh yes, we're gonna go swim aren't we? Yes we are, me and you." He was all bright smiles, rubbing his nose against Vera's own before grinning towards Valery. He watched her swim out before settling into the shallows. No where close enough for Vera to be in deep water, helping her to sit in the warmth with a faint smile.

She loved it.

"She's gonna be a swimmer, I can see it."

n0m34qi.png
She was grinning from ear to ear watching Kahlil talk to Vera and rub noses together. The way Vera seemed to always laugh and swing her arms around when she was near her father was just too precious. When they finally sat down in the shallow part of the river, Valery swam over and sat down close to watch them.
"She does seem to love it, so it wouldn't surprise me."
Valery then leaned over to press a quick kiss against his cheek. "Or maybe she's just excited about you playing with her. The way her eyes light up when you hold her is just too cute." she chuckled and leaned back to stretch her legs out into the water. With the two right by her, she was the happiest woman alive.
"If you want to go for a dive yourself, I can watch her. Not that she'll run off anywhere — she seems far too content."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'll stick to the shallows, for now. Don't wanna scare off dinner by swimming out too far." Sides, he liked being here with Vera. His eyes rarely left their daughter, only lifting up to watch Valery Noble Valery Noble for a moment. This was nice. The both of them together like this. Everything he'd ever wanted as a child himself he could give them. And he would. He wasn't sure how long they stayed in the water with Vera, playfully splashing and even helping her to figure out how to swim some, but Vera would eventually fall asleep in his arms.

He watched the sleeping baby for a little while, happily cradling her to his chest.

"We should start fishing, yeah?"

n0m34qi.png
For the first time in months, Valery was really relaxing and enjoying herself, which she hoped he would pick up on as well. She didn't want to seem like she was always frustrated or stressed, and cared about being a fun partner, as well as a strong mother to help take of their child.
"Aren't you a cutie? Yes, yes you are..." Valery spoke with a cutesy tone and smiled as she leaned over to kiss Vera on the head. She had fallen asleep against Kahlil's chest, but only after laughing every bit of her energy out of her system. She was likely having the most fun out of all three of them.
"Yeah, you'll have to show me a bit though. I've never properly gone fishing before. But hold on, I'll get the equipment." She didn't want him to have to get up and potentially wake Vera, so she quickly ran between their camp and the river to bring over everything they'd need. Or at least, she hoped she hadn't forgotten anything.
Valery then sat down and let out a long sigh.
"I really needed this." She admitted after a moment. "We should do something like this every year. Just us three, nothing and nobody else."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

They didn't need much, thankfully. The fishing rod, some bait, hooks. Kahlil kept Vera cradled to his chest, smiling as he watched Valery Noble Valery Noble come back. He'd help her set up a rod, cast a line, that sort of thing. For now he'd have to keep hold of their child to avoid waking her up. And it was a good chance for Valery to learn how to fish anyway. "Absolutely every year. Just the three of us." He nodded once, grinning.

"You, Vera, and I."

n0m34qi.png
Valery seemed unusually focused.
Having never gone fishing before, she listened to Kahlil explaining it all, but actually doing it herself was a whole different beast. Slowly though, she seemed to be understanding it, and she didn't mind making herself look like a newbie to him. Sure, he might tease her about it, but she always found ways to get back at him.
"Good...." she said as the tip of her tongue poked out because of her focus on the water.
"I need to spend more time relaxing. I've lately felt.... ha!" She grinned as she began to struggle with the fishing rod. Valery had finally caught something and tried to pull it out of the water, but thereby completely forgot about what she was wanting to say. Without even really realizing it, she looked back over.
"It'll be nice to do this yearly, and gives me a chance to get you something." She smirked, hinting at the fact she had brought a gift along for him.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

He listened, watched. It wasn't too surprising to him that Valery Noble Valery Noble looked beautiful fishing. Everything she did had her looking beautiful. Though, she was about to say something. Something he figured would be pretty important. Then.. Nothing. He chuckled lightly, not because she lost her train of thought but because he did too. She hooked dinner. He motioned her over, wrapping an arm around her waist to hold her steady.

"I can get behind that. What'd you get me? Ease up, let the fish tire itself out."

n0m34qi.png
Valery had completely forgotten about what she was going to say and focused on trying to find her footing, which wasn't really working out so well. But when his arm settled around her waist, she eased up and had the strength to keep the fish on the line. While it was tiring itself out, she looked at him and smirked.
"It's something small and funny, but I thought it would be cute," she said, still being a tad cryptic. Then with a wide grin, she pulled the fish out from the water and onto the shore with them, causing her to finally let out a sigh of relief.
"If you handle our dinner, I'll go get it." It wasn't really a question — she was already making her way back to where she had dropped her backpack and removed the small package. Making her way back over, she offered it and looked at him with a warm smile.
She couldn't wait to see him open it, and get his 'Dad is cooking' apron. It was partially a joke gift, but he loved cooking and baking all sorts of things for her. So it at least had some use as well?
"What do you think?" she grinned at him.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil got up once the fish was caught, following after Valery Noble Valery Noble with a faint smile on his face. He kept Vera in his arm, cradled to his chest. At least until she mentioned him cooking. Yeah, he was going to have to cook up that fish, wasn't he? He snickered a little, then traded the baby for the present Valery had gotten him. He opened it, then laughed. A hearty, happy laugh.

"I love it." He didn't waste any time, pretty quickly wrapping the apron on before taking a pose.

"I think dad's about to put it to work."

n0m34qi.png
She took the baby into her arms and watched in anticipation as Kahlil opened his present. His laughing and the smile that followed made her heart skip a beat from excitement, and she loved the way it looked on him too. As he struck a pose, she chewed on her lower lip and stepped closer with a grin.
"Hmm, I do like it when dad gets to work." she chuckled and pressed a quick but loving kiss against his lips.
"I'm glad you like it, dear." She stepped back and kissed the top of Vera's head,
"While you prepare our dinner, I'll make sure Vera gets fed as well. She can join us for freshly made fish at a campfire when she's a little older." Valery chuckled and moved over to the fire pit so she could sit down with the baby against her chest. Finally, she seemed to visibly relax some and went for a long breath.
But the sight of her fiancé cooking up some fish at the campfire quickly pulled her attention. That was certainly fun to watch.
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom