Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family ties.

It was a colder than usual day on Voss. Kixi could feel it in the air. Kixi had recently returned from a far away trip, where she had been reunited with her long lost younger sister Imogen. It had been a welcoming reunion as her sister had very much been displaced by the war in their homeland, and the destruction of their noble family house. Eagerly she had opted to return to the Galaxy with both Kixi and Mako. However before they had departed for their return, Kixi and Mako now a married couple, had also formed a partnership working team known as KnM Blade. The two had been attacked just prior to their return by a ruthless human based organisation, hungry for power and glory, who didn't care for anything or anyone that stood in their way. Unfortunately for Kixi, she had been a suitable candidate for those very same monsters to test a powerful biological weapon, that ironically Kixi's own people had created, in which Kixi had thought she had destroyed and eradicated all traces of many years earlier. The virus was designed to attack any being with a high Midi Chlorian count or sensitivity to the Force. Kixi barely survived. Infact it was only out of Mako's persistence to not give up, to first convince the same men who attacked her to save her by offering something they really wanted in return, to then kill them when the chance occurred and then escape, that had saved Kixi. Kixi had decided to train Mako in the ways of high level combative martial arts years prior, and it well paid off. However months later Kixi still felt weak, or more better said, low on energy. She had been saved due to advanced technology available to her by the very people that had attacked her, yet the overall healing would take many months, possibly even years. Kixi had thus opted to spend more time on Voss as a result. Mako too would do the same, that is live with Kixi, who needed the extra care due to her injuries.

The young Nena Ka, a child that both Kixi and her own master George O Rourke had rescued from the Sith had just turned 12. Nena had grown up in the care of both George who treated her like her own daughter, and Kixi who had played the role of her aunty. Now however, Nena had decided that she had wanted to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi. This was to no surprise since she had very much grown up and raised by Jedi on Voss. She had chosen her adopted aunty Kixi to be her master. This in itself was a grand honour for Kixi who accepted. Infact despite the hard work or training that lay ahead, it was an overwhelming joy for Kixi when Nena had asked her to train her, not only because of all the recent pain Kixi had been through, but the joy and happiness that Nena had brought to Kixi from the very moment Kixi had held her as a baby in her arms.

The morning was cold, but the training for day one would commence as planned. Infact regardless of the weather, training would go ahead from this moment foward. Training was no luxury. It was hard work and dedication by both master and padawan. Kixi kissed Mako goodbye as she left their quarters to go find Nena who still lived with her own master George. She got their rather quickly as it was only a few minutes walk, and Nena was already waiting. Kixi would embrace the now older child who was now almost as tall as her. Nautolans were generally taller than humans, so Nena, given it a few more years, would surely surpass her master Kixi in height.

"Good morning Nena. Looks like you're all ready and packed for your first day of training. Let's say we go for a walk through the halls of the temple and chat for a bit, and discuss your training. Then you can tell me where you would prefer to begin."

[member="Nena Ka"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

It was Nena's first day of training she woke up early, but still not as early as her father. Non the less she quickly got dressed into her dress, putting her boots on and strapping her training saber that George had given her only days ago. You couldn't tare the smile from her face as she carried around the hilt at her side. This day was long awaited, to be what her father was before her. She went to say goodbye to George as she was to meet her Aunty and new Master quite soon. "Cya later Papa." She said as she wrapped her arms around his chest. She was a little bit shorter than him, but she had grown quite a lot over the past few years. "Alright then, say hello to Aunty Kixi for me. Don't let train you too hard." He replied with a slight laugh, he reminisced on the training they had together back in the day.

Nena was then quickly off to meet with her Master. She hoped down the path smiling and being generally cheery as she made her way there. It was cold but this didn't bother her at all. She was there in a matter of minutes, but no Kixi in sight. As she thought about it, she was a little early, her excitement couldn't be held in so she wanted to get there as soon as possible. After a few minutes of Nena bouncing around as she couldn't stand still Master Kixi walked over. "Aunty Kixi." She yelled as she ran over and gave Kixi a hug. However she then remembered what George had said the night before. 'Kixi is your Master, first and full most.' She quickly changed her tone and tried again. "Ah yes, Master Kixi." She replied with a bow before continuing. "Yes we can do that." She said with a smile as she began walking beside her new Master.

As both Nena and Kixi made their way into the temple and walked slowly within its halls, Kixi noticed the lightsabre on her belt.

"That looks like a nice piece you got hanging there padawan. Did Master George give it to you?

Kixi smiled at Nena looking at her as she spoke and then looking away again as they continued to walk forwards. Finally they stopped in an open part of the temple. No one was around as Kixi briefly looked up and turned her head around to look at the large ceiling above them. It was evident to her new padawan that Kixi wasn't feeling the best, however she didn't want to worry her padawan, nor did she want to impede or compromise her training.

"I can't hide the fact that I am not well, as I have not fully recovered from my last mission padawan. I took a severe beating, but please do not concern yourself for wellbeing as I will be okay. What I want you to do is fully concentrate on your training with zero compromise. It's this mentality that will make the difference between surviving in the real world, in battle and so forth. It is why I am here today and able to initiate your training and hopefully complete it."

Kixi smiled at Nena and continued.

"Before we begin today's first exercise of meditation, may I please inspect your new lightsabre?

Kixi finished of saying by pointed her head at the weapon dangling from Nena's belt.

[member="Nena Ka"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As they walked through the halls Kixi noticed the lightsaber hanging at Nena's side. "Yes, Master George did give it to me. It was his training saber before he created his own. I want one of my own one day." Nena replied as they stopped in a large room of the temple. The ceiling was tall, very tall. It really showed how small they were in the grand scheme of things. As they looked around Kixi began speaking, it seemed the training had begun, although not quite how Nena thought it would. There was no big bangs, no lightsaber training, well of yet. But it showed Nena to always expect the unexpected.

"I understand Master, but know that Master George is always there for you. He really thinks highly of you." Nena replied to the sad Kixi, trying to put a smile on her face, one similar to that of Nena. However soon enough Kixi moved on, and was asking about the lightsaber she was carrying, more importantly, could she inspect it. "Sure." She replied as she pulled the hilt off her belt and gave it over to her Jedi Master. "Its nothing very special... Well thats what Papa said. But I think its special." She spoke as Kixi inspected the weapon.

Kixi would take the lightsabre from Nena and ignite it. She would swing it around a little and do some basic kata with it before turning it off and handing it back to her padawan.

"Of course it is special. It's your first lightsabre, and more importantly it once belonged to your father. That in itself makes it special enough."

Kixi would then briefly nod her head, almost bowing to acknowledge Nena's comments regarding George.

"Indeed he is padawan. Always there he is for us. And a great figure head as both a father and teacher."

Kixi would then sit in a meditative position and motion for her padawan to do the same.

"We're gonna start with some basic meditation first before we go outside and do some more physical type of training. I wanna see how attuned you are with the Force. Take my hands and meld with me. I want you to feel me as I feel you. Then let go of everything and just listen to the Force. After around 15 or so minutes of that, I want you to break the meld and tell me what you felt and how you feel then."

Kixi then extended both her arms and hands out ready to begin.

[member="Nena Ka"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

"Yeah, I'll always treasure it." Nene replied as Kixi returned the hilt to her hand. As KIxi spoke about George being a good Master and father it made Nena all warm inside, knowing that he was her Papa and how people regard him as such a good person. Made Nena feel special.

As Kixi sat down in a meditative position she motioned for Nena to do the same, which she promptly did. As she sad down she grasped Kixi's hand before closing her eyes. She listened to the words of her Master before concentrating on the force, letting it flow through her. It was a weird feeling, she had never put so much energy into the force before. It was tough and at time she felt as if she was going to fail. The pressure pounding on her head. But there was something, a soft touch that brought her back from it, she could see what it was, just feel it. Something nice, something soft.

As Nena took Kixi's hands, very much immediately after the two Jedi were locked into a deep meditation. This might have been Nena's first day of official training, but she had been raised by Jedi. The Force wasn't anything new to her. In her time before, her papa had taught her a thing or two about the basics of meditation and how to even touch the Force to a very basic level. Now however that would change. Now she would learn how to use the Force like the very Jedi she had been surrounded by. To no surprise of Kixi, Nena was doing well at the given task.

"Good Nena good. You are doing well."

Kixi would silently say the words to her padawan via telepathy. Kixi now good sense that Nena could feel it. She could also feel that she felt comfortable and one with the Force. Soon after that Kixi broke the meld and both would open their eyes.

"You did that well Nena. How did you feel? Now we are going to jump it up a notch. Please take my hands again."

As Kixi once again extended both her hands to Nena, she once again took them, and soon after the two were locked into a deep meditative state. They repeated the same task as previously with the same quick success, however this time Kixi would extend her aura from her own body, and then engulf that of her padawan melding her own life Force with that of her padawan's.

"What I'm doing may feel weird, however tell me what you are feeling? How does the Force feel now? Stronger, more connected, just different, or the same, tell me your thoughts?"

Kixi would ask again using telepathy. Kixi had to be careful not to allow Nena to feel her pain as she melded with her. She did her best to block that part as she wanted Nena to only experience the positive things for now. Things such as love, caring, compassion and strength.

"In me allowing you to join with me, I'm allowing you to not just feel a part of me, but how I'm integrating myself within the Force. These are essential for all Jedi in order to remain attuned to the light and grow stronger within the light side of the Force. You must never allow pain to lead to fear. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. That will push you to the dark side. All Jedi at some point in their lives will experience some pain. This is where we must embrace the light fully so we don't fall to the dark side. This is why that from today, your first day of training, you must work on and grow in the light."

Kixi would then eventually break the meld and both master and padawan would open their eyes.

"How did all that feel Nena?"

Kixi would ask Nena smiling, her voice soft, gentle and warm.

[member="Nena Ka"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As they connected through the force Nena could feel the pull of the force, it flowing through her gave her a rush. Something she had experienced before, just not in such doses. As they broke the hold for the first time Nena opened her eyes, a new light seemed to be found, it was even brighter than before, fuelling her desire to become a Jedi Knight. "It was..." She started, trying to find words to describe her experience. "Thrilling... I've never felt anything like it before." As she finished speaking Kixi motioned for them to begin again, it was now the second time the trance had taken hold and they both dove into the world of the force.

As they embraced this time it was much different, the force was different, she wasn't alone in this space of hers. She could feel Kixi, her emotions, her strength, her joys. However there was still something mission, as if not the whole of Kixi was there. As Master Kixi sent a telepathic message to Nena she replied. "Yes I feel it. Its different... Its stronger, I've never felt like this. However I feel there is something missing. Something that isn't here that should be." She didn't quite know what that piece was, but knew it was missing.

As the meditation continued Kixi gave Nena a lesson in the lightside, how to remain attuned to the light and keep from straying to the dark. It was really a refresher, but it still meant something to have it drilled in, especially in their current state. Finally the bond was broken and both Master and Padawan opened their eyes. "It was amazing, it was like nothing I've ever experienced before. Thank you Master for opening this up for me." She said cheerily with a huge smile on her face. She was ready to face anything, or so she thought.

As Nena finished explaining what she had felt, Nena had explained that she had felt something missing from Kixi. Kixi would give Nena a gentle smile as she then stood up and at the same time extended her hand to help Nena back on her feet. Not that she actually needed any assistance to get up, Kixi just did it out of habit and courtesy.

"You are either naturally strong in the Force l, or I'm not very good at masking my emotions."

Kixi giggled slightly before returning the conversation to a serious one.

"Yes I was hiding the pain I am in. It's emotional pain. I didn't want you to experience that just yet. For now you are a beginner. The light is what you need most as it is the light that will serve you and guide you the most."

Kixi then began walking towards the exit and motioned for Nena to follow.

"Come padawan. To the lake where we will train in some more physical type of training."

Kixi could see it in Nena's eyes however that she wanted to know more. More about why her aunty and now master was in so much pain.

"The universe can be a very cruel place. I was attacked brutally not because someone hated me. In fact it was different. He very much said to me that he held nothing against me and that that in reality we could be allies. Yet I was the only suitable candidate he had to test a deadly virus on, so he decided that he would satisfy his warped and twisted desires on me. So he hurt me for very much no reason, to simply satisfy his own needs. I barely survived."

Kixi's eyes were filled with total sadness as she spoke.

"This is the universe that we live in Nena. And this is why we Jedi exist. To protect and assist those in need against tyrants that serve the darkness. Had I not been strong in the light, I wouldn't have survived. It made the difference. Had I given in to fear and anger to my attackers, I would have turned to the dark side. This is why I held this back from you for now. You must become strong in the light first. The dark side is easy and if not strong in the light, you could easily fall to it. This my young padawan are one of the major dangers in training all Jedi. "

Finally the two would reach the lake. It was even colder at the lake then near the temple grounds. Yet it didn't seem to bother either Jedi.

"So Nena, tell me, why is it that you want to become a Jedi? In becoming one, only a difficult and challenging life will lie ahead of you, one with many challenges and obstacles that you'll have to overcome."

[member="Nena Ka"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

Kixi helped Nena to her feet, however it seemed Kixi felt silly for allowing a Padawan to breach her emotional defences it made Nena feel uneasy. As if she had done something wrong. "I don't mean to pry master. I just saw something missing, like walking into a room with one light broken... I didn't mean to open up old wounds." She replied, feeling bad for what she had done. She looked down before Kixi began to speak feeling as if she had failed before she begun. She detailed why she felt that way. It was a hard truth to handle and as it went on she wished she had never pried in the first place. However there was a little bit of her knowing that she would have to face truths like this in the future, and learning to handle them now in a safe place like Voss could help her in the future.

"I am sorry to hear of your pain master. It is things like this that make me want to be come a Jedi, help and do whatever I can to stop people being hurt like you were." Nena replied as they walked side by side to the lake. A place both Kixi and George would take Nena, quite often too. As Kixi discussed more in depth about the light and the dark she helped Nena get a little insight to how it all works. Nena nodded and smiled with the vast amount of information she was collecting.

Finally they reached the lake, but at this stage Kixi had one more question for Nena. "I want to be like Papa, he is a big strong Jedi, I want to be like him. He saves the galaxy over and over again, this is why I understand he can't be around all the time, the reason it all makes sense." Nena was proud of her father and wasn't one to shy away from it either, well not from her Aunty Kixi anyway. She had limited exposure to the other Jedi apart from the elders who had looked after her quite often. But Nena knew with her new position as Kixi's Padawan that she would now be open to many different ideas, people and places. She was excited, as long as both Kixi and George were by her side and in her heart.

As the two made their way to the lake, Nena would comment that she felt bad on prying into Kixi's feelings.

"Please do not take it the wrong way. You shouldn't feel bad. I'm only trying to protect you. It's easy to get angry at people that cause suffering. Its easy to want to go out there and just want to kill them all. That mentality leads to the dark side. In time when you have began to understand the light side will you be able to face the things that cause us suffering. Then with the light, you will be able to see things in a totally different perspective beyond anything the primitive users of the dark side can do."

As they finally reached the lake, Nena would answer Kixi's question on why she wanted to be a Jedi. Kixi already knew the answer and giggled.

"You are very predictable with your answers my young padawan. A good response nonetheless."

Kixi then put her hand on her padawan's shoulder and brought back some past memories.

"When you were still but a baby, I remember holding you in my arms, singling to you, telling you stories. Then sometimes we would just stare at one another for long periods of time. Yet I knew you always remembered something. When I was running with you and then out of nowhere six men came out of nowhere. They had tried to take you from me, but I placed you on the ground, fought them all, killed them in battle and then I continued to run carrying you to safety."

Kixi then let go of Nena's shoulder and turned facing her back to her.

"I knew from that night onwards that we both would know that we would share a special bond. And now here we are."

Kixi finished off turning back around to face Nena smiling.

"So our next exercise for today is stamina and endurance. If you are placed in a situation where you must fight multiple attackers, you must also be able to outlast them."

Using the Force, Kixi gently levitated Nena and then jogged around 5 metres while levitating Nena beside her simultaneously. She then placed her down.

"For now I want you to lift me using the Force. If you are able to, move several metres and take me with you while I'm levitated just like I did to you. If you can't, don't worry as we'll work on it before we move on to doing that, plus dealing with an attacker."

[member="Nena Ka"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

Kixi replied trying to make Nena feel better for her accidental prying. This made Nena feel a little better and understand the situation a little better. "Alright then." She replied curiously as Kixi explained how she felt about the fights with the darkside and the Sith. "One day I'll fight the dark. But like you said, for now I should focus on finding the light." Not so much that she hadn't yet found the light, more so just talking about becoming more attuned and lighter inside. She had much to learn about the force and in turn this would lead Nena to a brighter side.

As Kixi replied saying that her answer was predictable she giggled slightly. "You've spent too much time with Papa and myself." Not that it was a bad thing, just all their thoughts seemed to be connected, guessing each others ideas and answers seemed a simple occurrence... Well at least for Kixi.

Kixi then started reciting some history between the two, although this was history that Nena knew little about. As Kixi continued it answered a lot of questions that Nena had about her past, although not everything was answered. "I sometimes remember that day, although not very clearly. It never really made much sense to me. But now as you speak about it from your point of view it makes everything so much clearer." Nena reminices about her past, the things she knew and now the different view of the past. She loves Kixi and their bond was very strong, not only because of that day, but because of every day since. Kixi was great to her, the unconditional love and affection she gave was only second to Papa's. It really made her feel special, even though she knew in her heart there was something separating them.

However soon enough it was time to continue with the training, the first mission to lift Kixi off the ground and jog for five meters... Seemed easy enough, in a sort of difficult way. "I'll do my best, haven't really learnt too much about telekinesis yet." She replied to Kixi as she was placed on the ground again. She then looked away, focusing on the force, her eyes seeing nothing but her goals. As she turned her attention to Kixi, she no longer saw her as her master, but as an object, one that needed lifting and moving. She stretched her hand out connecting with Kixi. She pulled up, but there was nothing. She tried again, and again. Eventually she got flustered and turned away. "No this isn't right." Her frustration was getting the best of her. One more time, I can do it. Ran through her head. She turned to face Kixi again, stretching her arm out and attempting to pick Kixi up. This time it worked, the focus was immense and it was clearly draining. Kixi was only a few centimetres off the ground as Nena went to move. As he legs started moving her focus was slightly lost and Kixi was thrust backwards at which time Nena completely lost it as Kixi was pushed to the ground.

"I am so sorry master." Nena spoke as she rushed to her downed master. Feeling so bad for what she had done and quite angry at herself for failing.

After Kixi had mentioned the past, Nena was slowly seeing things with a more clearer view. Yet she knew something was missing. Kixi could sense it. Her real parents. This was something Kixi never spoke about. This was something that George would one day need to explain to her. And Kixi could sense that that day wouldn't be too far away. Nena was growing up, and understanding a lot now. Kixi had also always felt somewhat responsible for the death of her parents. Even though it wasn't her fault, as there was no way for her to have known that she had a traitor among her crew. In fact after Nena's rescue, Kixi had been the one who had pushed and then convinced the council to return to Glee in what ended up being a futile attempt to rescue her parents.

Soon after however, Kixi would begin the next part of the day's training. It seemed simple enough, however Kixi had overestimated Nena's current skill level or abilities in telekinesis. Kixi would demonstrate a simple levitation and moving exercise, yet Nena would struggle to repeat the same task. She would lift Kixi a few centimetres off the ground, only to then drop her and cause her master to tumble backwards and fall flat on her backside. Nena would immediately run back to her master to help her up and apologise. Nena's frustration quickly turning to anger at herself. This immediately caused Kixi to raise an eyebrow in concern.

"No Nena. Do not anger yourself. Anger leads to the dark side. Failure is a part of learning. Despite how frustrating it can be, if you get angry every time, you will continue to fail. Then you'll anger more, which will only become stronger tapping into the dark side. Sure you'll then be able to levitate me for example, but in the wrong way. The dark side is easy, but it has its consequences."

Kixi would explain that to her padawan, as she was helped back up on her feet and slowly brushed the leaves, grass and dirt off herself.

"Thank you Nena. Perhaps we'll do this one step at a time. That was my fault before. I jumped a little too far ahead. What we will do this time is just the levitation part. You already did it before. You lifted me a few centimetres off the ground. This time I want you to lift me at least a metre off the ground. You have the right idea already and were doing it correctly before. Problem is you're trying way too hard. The frustration isn't doing you any justice. This time just do, there is no try. Do or do not. Let go of everything including your feelings. Then once you have me in your telekinesis grip, you will find that lifting me up in the air will be as easy as walking, and all the other things you do."

[member="Nena Ka"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

With her failure Nena was getting agitated and quickly. As she came to her masters side she still came frustrated, although very apologetic and sincerer. However Kixi could clearly see in her face and tone that Nena was angry and frustrated, and instead of just continuing with the training she took a step back and spoke to Nena, this helped a lot and allowed her to calm down quite a bit. She warned Nena of the dangers of anger, how it leads to the darkside, this was a little daunting for her as it was something she was yet to get complete control over. "Thank you master... I am sorry for getting angry, and I am sorry for dropping you."

She was a lot calmer now as Kixi stood up, she decided to take it a little slower now and just attempt a levitation of Kixi, not the movement. Nena took a few deep breaths in before attempting to lift her master again. All of Kixi's words replayed in her head. 'Do or do not, there is no try.' 'Anger leads to the darkside.' All valuable lessons leant early in her teaching. She placed both hands out this time, focusing on Kixi as an object. She clenched her hands slightly as if to grab hold of something before planting her feet and beginning to pull up. Kixi started lifting, again only a few centimetres off the ground. It was tough and Nena could feel it. She closed her eyes, drained everything away and put everything into it. She opened her eyes again and all she could see was Kixi, she put more into it, Kixi began to rise even further. Soon she was sitting half a meter up, close but still not quite enough. She thought about her Papa, his words ran though her head. 'You can do it Nena, I am right here with you.' "Papa, I can do this." She whispered to herself as she took the last movement and pulled Kixi into the air.

Kixi made it to the meter point and Nena was so happy she totally forgot about her master in the air, leaving her completely as she cheered for her accomplishment. At this stage Kixi fell form her perch, but Nena didn't notice, she was too wound up in her accomplishment. "Yes." She danced around, fist pumping the air and everywhere.

As Nena repeated the levitation part of the exercise, initially she would struggle, as Kixi would expect, but then as she also expected, her padawan would levitate her a good metre in the air. Then due to sheer joy that she had accomplished her task, Nena would cheer out aloud, dance around full of excitement. She forgot all about that what she had been excited about was that she had levitated her master a good one metre in the air. And as a result Kixi tumbled to the ground. Lucky for her, a one metre fall was very much nothing for a Jedi. Kixi would simply break fall and then sit in a seiza position and wait for her padawan to settle herself down again.

"Umm Nena Ka, you seem to have forgotten about your Master."

Kixi would call out to Nena who had her back facing her and would then promptly turn around. Kixi would hold a serious face for a good half a minute in which Nena would just stare back not knowing what to say, until Kixi broke the silence as she burst out into laughter.

"You did it, but please next time don't let the excitement of success distract you. As a result you dropped me, but that's okay, I'm clearly unhurt. Just be more mindful next time Nena."

Kixi would then stand up on her own and pullout a small drone droid. She let it out in the air after setting a program on it that it would fire stun bolts at Kixi.

"Okay I want to demonstrate something to you. This is what we'll work towards you achieving in the week ahead."

Kixi would then levitate Nena a good three metres in the air as the droid began firing at Kixi. Kixi by this stage had her lightsabre out and was deflecting the bolts. The drone moved around and fired continuously at Kixi as Kixi moved, weaved, jumped, deflecting all bolts that came at her while holding Nena in the air three metres above her, safe from all the blaster fire. Then it would stop and Kixi would lower her padawan to the ground.

"As you can see, while I was holding you up, I was still able to concentrate enough to safety keep you there and move around and fight. As you master the Force, doing things simultaneously will come easy."

Kixi would the hug Nena and close her eyes while keeping her head on her shoulders. Kixi would then step back a minute later letting go of Nena.

"You can do it Nena. I know you can. You will make me proud, and of course your papa. This I can sense. Now one more time, levitate me in the air. This time three metres up. You can do it, I believe in you."

[member="Nena Ka"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

Nena danced around, cheering for herself. However as Kixi landed she sat there waiting. But Nena was occupied by her success. As Kixi asked Nena about her master she immediately stopped and slowly turned around, her face dropped with disappointment realising what she had just done. She opened her mouth but no words came out, she just sat there, gob smacked. She had crouched a little bit, appearing shorter than she was, knowing she had done something wrong, and submitting to her failure. As she got the serious stare from her master they sat speechless for a few moments before Kixi broke the silence and burst into laughter. However this confused little Nena, she had gone from serious and appearing angry, to bursting out into laughter... Had she screwed up? Or succeeded, she was quite unsure.

Kixi with a big smile on her face spoke to Nena, giving her a few tips on success... Like don't drop your focus and leave your master to fall. "Ahh yeah... Sorry master, I didn't meant too... I just got a little caught up in it. You know?" She replied as she raised her right hand behind her head lightly scratching one of her headtails. However now it seemed they were back on the right path and Kixi had moved on past her drop and was onto the next exercise. She pulled out a small droid and release it into the air, she then raised Nena up into the air, three meters high. At that moment, the droid began firing upon Kixi and with her free hand she had whipped out her lightsaber and begun deflecting the blaster bolts. Nena sat in ore at her master as she watched the masterful display. It was something that Nena would apparently be able to do soon, but she felt that she would never be able to do it with such ease.

As she let Nena down, Kixi came and gave her a big hug, she was slightly surprised by the action, but embraced it non the less. She enjoyed the contact with her aunt and felt the love flow through. As Kixi released she told Nena that this is what they would be training her to do over the next few weeks. Eventually she would be able to do it just as her master had done just then. But her first step was to levitate Kixi three meters into the air, she struggled with one, so this would be very difficult.

She took a few steps back, taking some deep breaths as she concentrated on Kixi. She once again, reached out with both hands, gripping Kixi with the force, she began lifting her into the air, this time it seemed much easier, the drain was not as much and overall it seemed simpler. Well at least for the first meter. As Kixi was raised higher and higher it got more and more difficult. As KIxi reached two meters she began to wobble, she was loosing her grip and her concentration. Her heart said she could do it, but her head said bring her down before you let her go. She at this time followed her head, bringing Kixi down gently as she let her go a few centimetres from the ground. "I tried master, I really did. Just as it got higher, I felt I was loosing it. Give me a few moments and I'll try again." Nena said as she turned around taking a few steps and trying to clear herself.

Just like previously, Kixi would quickly get on with Nena's training after at times getting emotional here and there. This time Nena would be instructed to levitate Kixi 3 metres into the air. Although Nena was this time able to rase Kixi up the first metre with ease, she would struggle with anything past the second. Infact she aborted the attempt after Kixi was two metres high, and then gently lowered her back on the ground. Nena was clearly disappointed at herself.

"Nena Ka."

Kixi would say her full name with a stern tone in her voice before eventually easing off, as she would analise her padawan's progress.

"I'm ordering you not to get frustrated or angry at yourself. Effectively immediately. Now if you look at it in a positive way, you have actually improved. You did a lot better than last time because for starters you lifted me up the first metre with ease, whereas previously you struggled. And although you struggled when you reached the second metre, it's double what you did earlier on. I would say congratulations would be on the table."

Kixi finished off with a sweet smile on her face.

"Now yes you may try it again once you are ready in a few minutes and then we'll leave the levitation exercises at that for the day. Remember you have already accomplished a lot, therefore don't get disappointed if you fail. We have all the time in the world Nena."

Kixi then gently put her hand under Nena's chin and gently touched the side of her face with her thumb.

"Okay Nena. You're doing well. Just need to be patient."

Kixi then would let go of Nena who would then attempt the levitation exercise once more.

[member="Nena Ka"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As Nena turned her back for a moment she heard her name called sternly. She sharply turned with the unique tone in Kixi's voice, something she had never heard before. She then continued to 'order' Nena to stop getting frustrated at herself, this in itself seemed weird, but she understood in the end. As she continued, the words Kixi said floated through her mind and thus changed it. She turned from frustrated failure to happy successor. "Thanks master, but I wouldn't go that far. We still have a long way to go before the real congratulations are in order." Nena replied, implying that her graduation from Padawan to Knight would be the real celebration.

As Kixi provided a small sweet smile at Nena she informed Nena that she would try again in a few moments, it would be the last activity of this type for the day. Nena was relieved and annoying at this. She felt if she continued to practice she could get a lot better, but felt if she failed anymore times she would loose her mind. Thus she stuck with her masters thoughts, it would be the last time today that Nena would pick up her master. "Yes master, I'll do my best." She replied as she nodded her head in appreciation and turned to ready herself for the task at hand.

As she turned around she was once again focused on her target. "One last time." She mumbled to herself as she started. Her hands outstretched, her hands gripping Kixi she began to pull up again. Once again Kixi seemed to move gently through the air for the first meter or so. But soon she began to tremble, it seemed Nena was running out of energy she watched as he master sat suspended in the air. She was trying with all her might to get her higher, but she didn't want to budge over 1.5 meters. She looked away, looking straight ahead of her before closing her eyes. She literally focused everything into it as she could feel Kixi moving further into the air. She kept her concentration as Kixi slowly moved, it wasn't steady, it didn't really seem safe, but she was moving. There was only a few centimetres to go before she made it, but Nena was getting troubled, she was trembling, but she didn't give up. She gave one last burst of energy to get Kixi to the height she wanted, it worked. Kixi bopped over the 3 meter line as she fell for a few seconds before Nena gently slowed her decent, allowing Nena time to regenerate enough energy to keep her landing.

As Kixi landed on the ground Nena dropped to a sitting position before leaning back and lying down. She was done... For now. It had drained her till there was nothing left, but she felt she still had more to give, she just needed a few moments to recover. "I am good master, just re cooperating. Just give me a minute." She said as she raised her right arm over her eyes stopping the sun from shining in.

Despite her disappointment, Nena was keen. This was a good thing as it meant she needed no boost of motivation from her master to ever get up again, and do again after any failures. The next and what would be the final levitation attempt for the day for Nena, would be a success. Despite Nena struggling and having to exert tremendous amounts of energy for what would be an easy task for most trained Jedi. Fact was, that she was getting better at it by every attempt which was the whole point of training in the first place.

Nena would lower herself and sit after she was done, putting her hand over her eyes. Clearly she was exhausted and Kixi could still sense a slight disappointment in her padawan. Kixi sat down next to her on her knees and put her arms around her padawan and adopted niece.

"I know it has taken a lot of energy out of you, but you can see that on every attempt you have gotten better and better. And you have achieved today's levitation exercise with success in the end. Sure you're tired and sure I can do this easy. However I was once too a beginner. I too once struggled and used a lot of energy for simple tasks. As I trained more and more, I would improve day by day. It is evident to me that you are capable and adapt at this. You just need to be patient. Patience is a virtue for all Jedi. Patience and training and you'll see the results pay off."

Kixi would then let go of her hug on Nena, pat her on the shoulder and then stand, while at the same time offer Nena a hand up.

"Let's move on to our next task. This one you'll really like. Lightsabre practice."

Kixi would grin at her padawan knowing she had been eager all day to try out her new weapon. Kixi would retrieve a small blaster and set it to stun.

"Okay Nena, the blaster is obviously set to stun. I'm gonna do this slowly. I'm gonna fire a bolt at you, and with your lightsabre, you are gonna deflect it away in any direction for now. I will only fire another bolt and so forth if you successfully deflect the one prior. Therefore you'll have plenty of time to get yourself ready after each subsequent bolt I shoot at you."

Kixi would then walk a good 10 metres away from her padawan and wait for her to ready herself and weapon.

"I'll start as soon as you give me the go ahead Nena."

[member="Nena Ka"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

Nena was exhausted and needed a few seconds to let her body recover. At this stage Kixi came and sat down beside the Padawan. The words she spoke brought a smile the face of Nena whos face was partially covered by her hands, but her smile could still be seen. It meant a lot knowing that her master had faith in her and to hear her achievements out loud. "Thank you master, it was quite difficult, but glad I kept with it. I couldn't have done it without you." Her smile turned to a cheeky grin as what she had said had a double meaning. Seeing she couldn't have levitated Kixi with her not being there. It was a small joke, but gave Nena something to think about.

As Nena sat up Kixi gave her the exciting news that lightsabre training was up next. This gave her a new found energy as her eyes widened with the thought of using her new blade. They stood up as Kixi pulled a blaster from her holster, she explained how it was going to work and Nena nodded in acknowledgement. But as she turned to walk to her mark her attention changed to her hilt. She pulled it from her belt and looked it over, feeling the cold metal in her hands it was warming. (Ironic huh) She hovered her finger over the button for a few seconds thinking about her Papa before igniting the blade. The sharp blue blade sprung from the hilt, it was an amazing sight. It was the first time Nena had every ignited a lightsaber herself, she had seen George do it multiple times, but never herself. It was a momentous occasion.

After looking at it and feeling it in her hands she turned her attention back to Kixi. "I am ready." She said calmly as she gripped the hilt, it felt natural for her. To hold such an item in her hands. Like it was meant for her. She knew she would excel, but also knew it would still take time to understand such a unique weapon of the galaxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom