Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family Ties

The Eternal Queen
Feena smiled briefly at her daughter. Such a bright girl, so cheerful. She was nothing like Feena at all, really. Where did she get this happiness from?

She let the girl and her uncle have their moment before leading them into a well sized room. Deep red velvet curtains on the walls, intricate rugs on the floor, with a lovely portrait of the family hanging over the fireplace. Yes. Fireplace. Feena had insisted on one. Weather it was actually functional or not, or if the flames inside were faked for effect, well, Feena would never say. She took a seat, inviting the rest to do the same. Several embroidered cushions were lined up on the seating area. It was a space that had been inspired by a style that was very popular on Coruscant. Low seating, low table in the center, rich fabrics, and plenty of decorative pillows.

When all were seated, Feena cleared her throat.

"Well, I suppose now is the time to ensure that the proper introductions are made. Princess, please allow me to introduce my husband, Keter Mason, and my eldest daughter, Felicity Mason."

She took a deep slow breath, dreading the next introduction she would have to make.

"Keter, Darling, Felicity, This is Princess Isis Fontana," She paused, looking at Zaiden for a moment before looking down at her hands. As if ashamed, she continued, "...My cousin."

Her cheeks went pink. She could not even look at Keter. What little he knew about her family ties were, well, vague. He knew she came from an... influential family. She hadn't exactly said how much.

@[member="Keter"] @[member="Penumbra"] @[member="Isis Fontana"]

Matreya

Penumbra arched a brow, "It would seem you have your own sources, eh dear sister? I came here today to reveal that very same fact." Calling out with the Force, a bottle of Brandy floated from his bags into his open hand. Loosening the stopper, he smelled the mix for a moment before calling to a glass as well, pouring himself a small portion.

"My doctors, privately owned of course, have been told to keep on constant look for any form of genetics that can match my own in any way. Just a few days ago I was told, and now I'm trying to bring our family full circle." He said as he took a sip, his eyes dancing between his sister and his niece.

@[member="Keter"] @[member="Feena Mason"] @[member="Felicity Mason"] @[member="Isis Fontana"]

The Eternal Queen
"It has nothing to do with my sources," she snapped at once, "You forget, brother. I was raised with the family. I did not do any research. I just... remembered."

She folded her hands neatly in her lap, back straightening. Habit. Always habit. From the sound of her voice though, the memory was not a happy one. Feena had not gotten alone with her Mothers family. Or her fathers, really. And the Princess especially....

I'm letting a childhood grudge get to me.

She had no way of knowing how things might have changed.

Chuckling at the introduction of the small girl and the blond haired knight she walked over and took a seat and waved away the alcohol, she had not been in the mood for drinks in the least.

As she looked to @[member="Feena Mason"] she smirked and watched her body language You appear to be.... different she said in a low tone as she sneered at the woman and then looked at the young girl I take it this thing is yours as well she said with a mild distaste for a child.

Looking at @[member="Penumbra"] she smirked and then regarded him with a firm glare Nice to see you again, Zaiden... she then looked at the blond haired man and didn't say a thing but rather ignored him.

@[member="Keter"]

Felicity was so happy. She giggled and kicked her feet when Uncle Zaiden picked her up, and hugged the new toy to her chest excitedly. She was going to add it to her collection. Mother brought her a doll every time she went to Adarlon. Still smiling, she followed the group into Mothers fancy sitting room. She jumped up next to her uncle, happily looking her new favorite toy over.

She was distracted that she almost didn't hear the word 'Princess'. But.. that was something she could not miss. A Princess! A real one! Just like in the stories! She didn't look like one though...

And she certainly didn't act like one. Felicity frowned as the woman called her a 'thing' and reached out to clutch her uncles hand.

"She's not a princess," she mumbled as quietly as she could, "Princesses are nice."

@[member="Isis Fontana"] @[member="Penumbra"] @[member="Keter"]

Matreya

Penumbra grinned at his niece, "So very true. Isis, treat the adults as you will, do not treat Felicity cruelly. She is no thing, she is your family every bit as much as she is mine." The man said with a courteous smile to Isis. She usually was abrasive, that much was true, but that didn't leave her the right to be rude.

"And dear sister, did you forget I was not raised by my true family?"

"Anyway. I wonder. Maybe as a family we can do something one of these days you know?"

@[member="Feena Mason"] @[member="Felicity Mason"] @[member="Keter"] @[member="Isis Fontana"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter retreated from the happy little family after setting down the drink, standing by the fireplace, looking up at the portrait Feena had obtained of the family. No holos for her, but paint on canvas. It was...quaint. Charming. More real. Physical proof of the good times they had had, and a testament to the future. "A princess huh?" he replied, looking at the dancing flames. "Of what, exactly?" he asked, keeping his tone light and friendly. He frowned when the woman referred to his daughter as a 'thing', but Zaiden put her in her place. The blond smiled, still with his back to the group. The girls had a good uncle in Zaiden. A much more reasonable influence on them than Barnabus was. The old commando was a responsible and good man, but he tended to encourage minor hijinks and leave Keter to sort them out. The entire duct hunt had been his doing after all.

In any case, those memories did nothing but distract him. In truth, he had no idea what to say, what to do. This was Feena's family, not his. He did not know these people, and he did not really know how to go about interacting. So he had settled on politeness and distance. Still, the Princess was surprisingly hostile. He wondered why.

@[member="Penumbra"]
@[member="Felicity Mason"]
@[member="Isis Fontana"]
@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
You appear to be.... different
"-You appear to be exactly the same," she shot back immediately. It was an insult, disguised as an observation. It was a noblewoman's way of aggression.
I take it this thing is yours as well
-That comment almost received a more... common form of aggression from Feena. She had her hand balled up in a fist, ready to hit the woman. Expect, her daughter surprised her. She looked at the little girl, shocked. Proud. So proud. Felicity had hit it right on the head.

And in all this, no reaction from Keter. Perhaps he hadn't quite out together the pieces. yet. That was fine with Feena.

"Perhaps, Brother," she replied, taking up a glass, "Tell me, Dear cousin, how is your Mother these days?"

@Isis Fontana @Penumbra @[member="Keter"]

Matreya

Penumbra kept his eyes on the Princess, he wondered. Did she have it in her to not be cuel? Could she find these were her family and accept them? She knew Zaiden well, the Master having taught the young woman quite a bit. Even battling her in a recent invasion. He believed she could, but he knew not if that was simple fancy.

Zaiden had always sought a family. Having been raised by one that treated him as trash before they were all slaughtered. Now he was finding it, learnig it existed.

@[member="Feena Mason"] @[member="Isis Fontana"] @[member="Keter"]

Nobody truly knew about Isis distaste for children, she never liked them and found one to be repulsive but she would, for their ties, be respectful of the daughter of former jedi master.

As she looked at the little girl her eyes began to glow her usual icy hue as her cryogen was activated to cool her own system since for some odd reason she was roasting and found the heat to be uncomfortable, she would not be using her cryogen on anybody here but she did need to superchill her own body fast.

As she looked at the little girl she sighed and then held out her hand and used her cryogen to form a small rose from the ice particles and then reached over to hand it to the child For such a nice little girl, I hope my attitude has not upset you little one she said trying to adopt a more comforting and friendly tone.

as she set the rose on the table she looked to @[member="Feena Mason"] and swallowed hard and then answered her question Dead... long time now she said and then looked at @Penumbra I see you have been well, how is the fringe confederation treating you old friend? she asked truly concerned for his well being while ignoring the other knight in the room.

@Keter @Felicity Mason

Keter

The Renegade
Well, the tension in the room had certainly gone up a notch. Still, Keter was curious. Such a brazen display of hostility when a guest...yet such a rapid retreat and capitulation when called out upon it...this Princess was quite interesting. He could see the turmoil in her, the eleveated heart rate, the spike in hormonal levels. Totally unlike to steady cool of Zaiden. They were opposites like that. But how exactly did Feena fit into their dynamic? He would have to ask her when they got a moment to themselves. For now...

"Darling, I'll go and see if preparations for our guests are finished," he said simply, walking back over to the group to rest a hand on his wife's shoulder, smiling. Not only were guest rooms being prepared, though in the Princesses case Keter doubted it would be necessary, but a fine dinner as well. Nothing but the best when Feena was host. "Mayhaps a tour of your castle be in order, milady?" he added, slightly teasingly.

@[member="Isis Fontana"]
@[member="Penumbra"]
@[member="Feena Mason"]

Felicity took note of the sudden change in the Princess. How could a woman be hostile in one moment, then calm, almost kind, in another? The child was so confused by this, that she looked to her Mother for guidance, then slow, cautiously, took the rose offered. She inclined her head, muttered a 'thank you', and watched her Father excuse himself from the room.

Her mind was still trying to work out the relation to this woman. Mothers cousin. She wasn't sure what exactly that made her...

"Mummy," the little girl pipped up, "May I go with Daddy?"

She so doubted her Mother would mind much if she gave her a few moments alone with family.

@[member="Keter"] @Isis Fontana @Penumbra

The Eternal Queen
Dead. Feena's mouth could not help but quick ever so slightly into a smile when the Princess told her of the womans death. It was a terrible thing to smile about, but Feena had no fond memories of that side of the family. It really was just a child bitterness getting the better of her. What child really knows the adults in her life anyway? But still... It felt reassuring.

She almost shook her head of the thought and managed a polite, "Pity," before reaching over to take her glass.

A nod was all she gave her husband as he excused himself. A tour. It felt like a waste of time, honestly. Zaiden already knew Dis. And she doubted the Princess would wish to stay long. Still, it was something to do to break the tension.
She leaned over to hear her daughter as she excused herself as well, and gave her a stiff nod. What she wanted to discuss with the Princess... was better left unheard by her anyways.

"Very well," she sighed, rising to her feet, drink in hand, "A tour then, if my guests have no objections?"

@[member="Keter"] @[member="Isis Fontana"] @[member="Penumbra"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom