Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family Reunion

She sat alone at the table in one of the many watering holes that inhabited the secret Republic base, waiting for the one person here that could put a smile on her face; Lugus. It had been some time since they were together and she wondered if he had forgiven her by now for switching out his personal shampoo with a hair growth enriched formula designed to stimulate hair growth. To this day she didn't understand why he chose to apply what he thought was his shampoo to his chest region. As the memory of that day danced throughout her mind, she found herself laughing for the first time in a very, very long time.

She paid the waitress for her drink, a mixture of Naboo ale and Tydisian spirits, and slowly took a small pull from the frosty mug. It had been some time since she even had a proper drink and she cherished the finer things in life. Returning the drink to a spot on the table, she looked around at the other patrons, most of whom still wore their flight suits and military garments. She found she was rather pleased with the organization of the Republic military which soon deleted all notions and concerns she had about throwing herself in with this lot.

Cricket wondered where she would fit in the grand scheme of things. She knew her way around a fighter and her way around a blaster. The latter something she prided herself on. After departing that train wreck called JA, she took great strides in honing her skills, even further enhancing her skill when she mistakenly found herself running with the wrong crowd. But those were days of old, and it was the future, her future, that seemed important to her.

[member="Lugus Porkins"]

He got her message... The one that said 'You won't believe where I am.' He didn't. Not at first. He was just getting over the bout of self-loathing from missing her call when the content of the message hit Lugus like a barrel of brick. Cricket is in the Republic? My little sister? Then of course, he freaked out another one of his navy buddies by gasping in shock and clinching the front of his flight suit. The fellow pilot thought Lugus was having a heart attack. Nope, just a moment of intense emotion followed by a trip to the infirmary to get checked out. He jabbered on to the nurse as she checked his vitals, not shutting up about the message he received and how he hadn't seen his sister since they both left home. Sure she called him sporadically for a while. The calls never really lasted long, but he cherished every time she thought to give him a ring and made sure she knew he always thought of her. The rest of the time he was left wondering if she was okay. His eyes watered at the thought that she might just be in some trouble. He didn't want his mind to go to that dark place, but he prepared himself.

After reminding of his high blood pressure and telling him to lose weight, Lugus was free to go. In his mind he kept telling himself he was late even though he was ridiculously early. So much so, he thought for sure she wouldn't be there and he would be watching the door for her to walk through. Not this time. As he entered his eyes took a quick glance of the surroundings and then locked onto her. He knew it had to be her. Valo's hair was a shade redder than he remembered, but that confidant, headstrong, devil-may-care way she held herself was still there. There's the little pest that annoyed the hell out of me growing up... He watched her as he walked closer and closer silently begging himself to be cool for once. She looked strong, beautiful. Physically nothing looked wrong. His throat struggled to make a sound as his mouth moved.

"Cricket!" He finally forced out. A little louder than planned and forceful, but no one else other than a few tables seemed bothered by it. His arms lifted slightly as he just stared at her a small crooked grin on his face. He was still somewhat lost for words, but he knew what he wanted to happen next at least, "Do you have a hug for your older brother?"

[member="Valo Porkins"]

It had been years since she shed any kind of tears. She had taught herself that crying was reserved for the weak and soft, but at the sight of her brother she could feel the watery essence begin to form in the corners of her eyes. It was good not only to see him but to see that he was doing well for himself. She practically lept from her chair and quickly embraced the pudgy fellow.

"It is so good to see you Brother," she said burying her face into his left shoulder to keep him from seeing the tears cascading down her cheeks.

Since she had graduated from the University, she had not kept in touch with any of her family minus the one brief visit she spent with their Mother and Father. She was not ashamed of the things she had done but a part of her felt as if she had grown distant with her family; especially with Lugus. The girl they knew was no more, replaced now with a woman who viewed the galaxy in a different light. She saw patterns that others could not. She saw the struggles on other planets others refused to acknowledge. She saw the horrors and evil that thrived in the hearts and souls of every species that shared this galaxy, and she grew to hate them all. There was a coldness and darkness in her own soul but that was something she needed to hold onto to survive. She wanted to make a difference and now as she stood here hugging her Brother, she was finally home. And safe.

"So dear Brother," she began as she slowly pulled away leaving a small wet spot on his shoulder, "The Republic, huh? I never thought I would see the day that you would take to fighting the Sith and protecting the lives of the Republic citizens. It seems we have both changed. Come, sit down and share a drink with me. I want to hear everything about you!"

She sat down, gestured for the waitress, and when she arrived ordered her Brother the same drink she was having. She stared at him in silence but was smiling deep inside. Yes, she was home.

[member="Lugus Porkins"]

Lugus stepped into her as well his arms wrapping her up tight. Instinctively, his hand went to her head stroking her hair.

"You, too. I've missed you so much," he kissed the top of her head holding her tighter. He almost didn't believe it even with her in his arms. Nostalgia swept over him as his held her. The memories as a child came flooding back to him. All of the memories good and bad. He assumed by her reaction that she was trying to be strong but still didn't want him to see her get emotional. His eyes began to water as well as his mind told him just to be there for her. He was the big brother. His job was to protect her and make her feel safe. That was what he planned to do. It was never really all about Lugus before. His job was always to protect. Even when he wasn't able to reach out and hold her, he still fought so that his family could be safe. Now it extended a little further for Valo. He could do more than just say he was fighting for her. He could actually keep her safe.

He almost didn't let her pull away. His fingers traced down her arm to her hand before finally letting her go. He took a napkin from the holder and handed it too her. It was rougher than a tissue but it would work to dry her eyes. She may have tried to hid it but her eyes told on her. Lugus didn't think any less of her for it. Protect her. This was the main thing that went through his head.

"Every government has it's dirty little secrets. One Sith seems to make it more public how they have no problem killing millions and leveling planets," he sat down taking a load off. "I would rather fight against the greater evil than for it."

He smiled then shrugged filling his cheeks full of air as he exhaling, "I haven't changed a lot. Nothing new really. Just Lugus the fly boy. I don't really look like a trademark one, do I?"

[member="Valo Porkins"]

She wiped away the last remaining signs of her tears on the napkin, then balled it up and placed it on the table. It was so good to see him and she wanted to tell him so much how she missed him. However, the words were caught in her throat. So she took a pull from her drink and listened as he spoke. The One Sith was the enemy but she had discovered that they were not the only monsters walking unchecked in the galaxy. She wanted to tell her Brother about the bad choices she made and now how she was part of the Republic Intelligence Agency. But she refrained for now. The stories and rumours surrounding her new line of work kept most people distant from them. It was a cold hard truth but the RIA were dangerous and most of those rumours and stories had merit to them.

"Honestly, no. But it doesn't matter really. I hear that you are an excellent pilot and the Republic should be grateful to have you."

She debated with herself again whether to tell him why she was here. More to the pointe, what she was. He was her Brother and despite some of the differences they had growing up, they never lied to one another or kept secrets from each other. They had a strong bond because of it, though at times it would be shaky. In the end, they would always have one another to rely on.

"I have to tell you something Lugus," she began while taking his hands into hers. "There is no easy way to put this but I'm a spy. I work for Republic Intelligence, the RIA. I know it is dangerous work and I also know Mother and Father would never approve but please do not tell them. I don't need them worrying about me just as they worry about you. Promise?"

[member="Lugus Porkins"]

"I don't know about excellent. The job gets done at least," Lugus smiled. Always the humble. He didn't like claiming to be great or pretending to be cocky. He was simply Lugus. A simple pilot. One pilot didn't make the navy.

He couldn't stop smiling. It was so great to see her again. There was so much he remembered from their childhood but still there were new thing he had to learn about her. Starting with the drink the waitress placed in front of him. He lifted it up and took a few sips. It was a new mix. He could taste the Naboo Ale, but he couldn't place the other mix in it. He didn't want to drink it too quickly just to figure it out.

He was brought out of his thoughts when she took his hands. His eyes nearly popped out of his skull. She's in trouble! Maybe she's pregnant? No no, she has a drink. She owes a debt to a Hutt? There could be a bounty on her head. She's a SPY!? Oh, for the Republic. He began to relax even though he was still a little tense. He huffed and then snickered.

"You were always good at shooting sink crabs. You have to be damn good to get that gig though. Congrats," he smiled lightly. "You had me scared for a moment. I won't tell them. They worry enough about me so why double it? You'd have mom crying if she knew you were in constant danger. I don't know about dad probably something similar but with anger. You need to call them by the way. Every time she calls, she asks about you and our older brother. I have to tell her I haven't from them. I can't say that about you this time. We can just tell them you got an engineering job. That will make dad happy at least," Lugus didn't bother bringing up how their father still refused to speak to him. "Mom will ask for grandkids just tell her when the time is right and leave it at that. She won't press and getting upset over it would only make her cry. Made that mistake losing my patience once."

[member="Valo Porkins"]

She hoped, a part of her anyway, that their parents wouldn't be so concerned about her. But she knew differently. She was their only daughter and they had gone above and beyond to take steps to protect her. Her Brother was right, if they knew what kind of job she was doing they would freak out. Especially their Mother. She wasn't sure about their Father. He would be angry about it but it would be Lugus that would take the brunt of his anger. He would practically force him to watch over her, which she knew was not his responsibility, and basically rob her Brother of living his own life.

"When I get officially settled in, I'll make sure to call them. And yes, I agree they should be under the assumption that I'm a mere grease monkey working for the Republic."

Then the realization of her having kids was scary. She didn't hate kids but she was not the parenting type. She had her whole life pretty much mapped out in her mind; and kids did not fit into the equation. Actually, any kind of romance or relationships didn't fit either. She wanted it this way.

"So I have a few hours to kill before I need to report in. How about giving your sister a tour of where you work?"

[member="Lugus Porkins"]

He thought for a moment about showing her his work. Take her to a hangar where all of the fly boys will gawk, whistle and hit on her? Pass. He could only fight off so many, "How about later?" Much later.

He snapped his fingers as he suddenly remembered, "If you don't have a place to stay yet, I have a spare room and a futon. I also have a military issue fold up cot but that not important. My back winces every time I mention it." He gave his back a quick stretch. "We can head over there real quick and I can show it to you.The spare room isn't too cluttered it's like a storage/office at the moment. It mainly has shelves of cookbooks and... candles. Don't judge me."

He said the last sentence quickly as he kicked his leg up over his knee then took a nonchalant more than a sip of the drink in front of him. The whole motion was meant as a ruse. Something that would hopefully make her laugh and her forget that he mentioned having shelves of candles. The cookbooks he wasn't a shamed of. She knew he liked to cook and bake. It was something their mother taught him. When he wasn't being pestered or forced to play a stupid girly game by his sister he was usually helping their mother by cook or cleaning. Dear Force... She did this to him.

"This is your fault," He pointed his finger at her playfully. "If you hadn't made me play dress up and curled my hair, I might have been somebody. But look at me, some days I worry even myself."

[member="Valo Porkins"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom