Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family First

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael stood on the bridge of his ship watching as the dark planet below moved slowly and surely. He stared downward at the planet its dark powers lashing out at him even miles above the surface of the world. The Planet of course was Byss, his fathers world and now the world of his siblings. Soliael gave it a dark glare, the frown on his face stated his emotions over the planet quite clearly.

Normally he would be more than happy to venture to a planet with such a darkside Nexus. The power he received from it was on a massive scale and the feeling of walking upon its surface would be utterly grand, but there was the small caveat of his siblings. The real reason as to why Soliael had come to this world. His Sister and his brother were down there, hidden within the darkside of the force. His...step mother...or perhaps he should just call her Anara had told him of his brother and sister. She had explained to him that one could not touch the Darkside, and the other could not touch the force at all. This meant that to them...he would be a leper, or at least an outcast.

He was Sith, one of the most powerful to ever be born, and yet they couldn't even touch the darkside. He frowned slightly, what would they think of him?

Because of his upbringing Soliael was actually quite fond of Family. Silencia, Quietus, Amorella, Dissero and more were all his family. He loved them...if he was capable of such an emotion. These two, Sven and Anwen would be part of that family, or at least to him they would be, he doubted that his own family would accept them.

Soliael let out a sigh, and then finally spoke. “Bring us down.”

The Captain of the ship merely nodded, and then the HARC class starship began its slow descent into the atmosphere.

Within a darkened room there was a bed and upon that bed, buried beneath a mound of blankets and pillows, was a small young woman who was sound asleep. The mound of blankets shifted as the Anwen slowly woke, something tugging at her senses. With a tired yawn she stretched beneath her warm blankets, bright blue eyes slowly adjusting to the dark room as she realized that it was still early. She was toying with the idea of going back to sleep, but that nagging sensation at the back of her mind had other ideas.

Slowly she got up and stumbled sleepily from her room, something drawing her out of the house. Something was different, the dark energy constantly writhing around her was shifting in a strange way. Someone was coming. While she couldn't touch the darkside or even begin to understand it, she could still sense it. As she stepped out into the early morning light she turned her gaze skyward, brow knit together as the approaching presence pressed down upon her.

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliaels ship swooped down into the atmosphere of Byss like a hawk coming down on its prey. The ship jumped deep into the planet and directly towards Moridins former manor. Almost in an instant the Ship was hovering above the mansion blocking the moon light like a black spec across the sky. Soliael was standing in the hangar that sat directly above the Manor. The Sith Lord could see a long figure standing there. To his eyes she appeared as a beacon of light, shinning brightly through the night.

He smiled, even form this distance he knew. That was his sister, that was Anwen Talith.

“Hello there.” Soliael said quietly over the roar of his ships engines, he knew she would not hear him, but it was a greeting just for himself. Soliael watched her for only the briefest of seconds. From his vantage point just meters above the planet he could see her clearly, the searchlights of the ship now illuminating her entirely. The Dreadlords son stared at his sister, and then he dropped from the ship.

He landed directly before Anwen with a heavy thud, the searchlight of the ship immediately illuminating every single one of his features. She would recognize him as a man that looked incredibly similar to her father. More than that however she would see him for what he was, her brother.

All to soon her curious eyes found what they were looking for as a ship's searchlights blinded her. With one arm wrapped around herself, she raised the other to shield her eyes. The lights made it impossible to see anything, but when a man suddenly dropped down before her, obviously from the ship hovering overhead, she slowly lowered her arm. Bright blue eyes stared in wonder at the man before her; he looked every bit to be her father save his youth and his ebony hair. Could it be that something had happened to her father? Had he vanished so that he could remake himself?

Blinking through the blinding light she timidly approached the man she hoped to be her father. As she closed the distance between them one small pale hand rose up, her fingertips lightly touching the man's face as a smile found its way to her lips. "Father?" Hope was evident in her voice, though her brow was knit together in deep thought.

Cedric Dorn

C
“Not Quite I'm afraid.” Soliael said the words with a mix of pity but also gladness. There was still a smile on his face however as he took Anwens hand in his own. He let a pulse of the force rush through her. For once it was not of the darkside, but just energy. The two of their force signatures at the core were nearly identical except for slight shifts. Their mothers had been different, but Moridin dominated the force signatures of his children. Genetically The Dreadlord was strong in all of his children, Soliael including.

He smiled at her and then spoke again. “I'm your brother.”

The words exited his mouth with quite a solid wall of confidence. He knew that she would believe him...or he hoped.

The rush of energy passed from his hand and into her own, then rushed along every nerve in her body. She felt as though she had suddenly been enveloped in a warm blanket and her smile grew, her eyes closing for just a moment as her aura instinctively returned the energy. Bright sapphire orbs opened as she slipped her hand from his, closing the distance between them in the blink of an eye. While her hopes of him being Moridin were dashed she was elated to meet another family member. No one had told her of him, but she knew he spoke the truth, she knew it deep within her soul.

With a delighted cry she stood up upon the tips of her toes and wrapped her small arms around his neck, hugging him tight. She said nothing for a moment, her happiness evident as her aura pulsed, her Force signature practically purring as she became as bright as a sun upon the Dark planet. "No one told me of you!" Still smiling she pulled away just enough so that she could place her feet flat upon the ground once more, their height difference was incredibly large given her small stature.

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael smiled at the young girl and returned her embrace. His smile turned into a smirk as she said her words. Of course no one would know of him, her own mother had just found out of Soliaels existence. Still however she believed him, and that was enough for him. His smile only grew as he slowly managed to peel himself away from his little sister.

As he looked down at her Soliael was almost blinded by the brightness of her force signature. Where as he was a beacon of darkness, Anwen was like a flood light in a pitch black room. She was the only source of light here and she shone brighter than anything he had seen before. It almost pained him to see her so stooped within the light, to him it would mean she could never be fully trusted. She could never be told every little detail, she could never be perfect like he was. Still however, even with only seconds of time with her he could tell he cared for her.

“No one knew. Anara is not my mother.” He said the words with an air of kindness and as he did so the Ship behind him began to land. The massive three hundred meter cruiser pushed itself onto the ground and settled neatly in its place. The air became serenely quiet as Soliael kept on speaking. “Moridin however is my father and...”

He paused for a split second as he looked over her head and into the manor. “I would like to get to know my siblings.”

The fact that they did not share the same mother was intriguing to her, raising all kinds of questions, but she would ask them later. Still smiling she took hold of his hand and pulled him toward the door, "Sven left a few days ago, but he shouldn't be gone much longer...I think. It's just me for now." She released his hand once they were inside, closing the door behind him as to keep the cool night air outside. However, she paused for a moment as she eyed his massive ship, her awe clearly reflected in her gaze.

Once the door was closed she turned back to her brother, her excitement making her giddy. "How did you find us?" She could guess as to the how, but she was ever curious and wanted to hear it in his own words.

Cedric Dorn

C
Sven, his brother. Soliael smiled at that thought, having actual symptoms. Of course he had Amore already, and she had already brought something into his life he had once thought he could never have. Now however something else had come, something that was much the same but somehow...better. He grinned slightly as he looked down at his sister. Perhaps he wouldn't get to meet his brother today, but his sister would be coming with him.

He could not stay on Byss forever, even here he was very much detectable by the Republic and their Jedi compatriots. He needed to leave here soon, and he intended on taking Anwen with him. He would return her of course, in due time. “Your mother told me. Or at least she told me enough for me to figure it out.”

That much was true. Anara had told him very little of his siblings, but the few details she had shared were enough for him to know that the two would have stayed on Byss, where is father had once lived. He smiled at his sister again, and then motioned for his ship. “My name is Soliael, Anwen. And I would like you to come with me.”

Her eyes widened and she looked beyond him, toward where his ship lay. She swallowed audibly, a million things running through her mind as she struggled with a sudden rush of emotion. "Soliael..." She paused as a strange feeling washed over her, a feeling she was all to familiar with. "Chit..." With silent steps she moved around him and further into the manor, her light steps carrying her hurriedly away from her older brother. Her skin began to tingle, signifying that she was overwhelmed in some way and that at any second she would burst into literal flames. Sven and Cora were both accustomed to this phenomenon, but that did not mean that she wished for Soliael to see her in such a state. She disliked when Sven and Cora saw her in such a state because of how they reacted; they treated her as though she were as fragile as an piece of ancient parchment.

Darting down a hallway she disappeared into a room and slammed the door behind her, backing away just in time as brilliant green flames erupted from her palms. The color of the flames shifted from green to blue and then to purple as her emotions rolled from one to another. Anwen was genetically built to be incapable of feeling certain emotions, but that didn't mean she couldn't feel the distant cousin of the dark emotions required to link to the darkside. Biting her bottom lip she watched as the flames climbed up her arms, her nightshirt threatening to catch fire as the flames spread. "Frak."

She wanted to return to Soliael, but she could only do so when she was calm. His desire to take her with him was exciting, but at the same time it was problematic. Sven would not want her to leave Byss, not even with their brother, and that caused her some anxiety. She did not want to upset either of her brothers, but at the same time she was tired of being trapped within the manor. Anwen was ready to live. The flames burned brighter and she collapsed to her knees, her brow knit together in deep thought as she struggled to reign in her racing mind.

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael stared after his sister for a few seconds, he could sense the anxiety within her though he said nothing. For a minute or two he allowed her time alone, and then slowly he moved into the mansion. As he crossed the threshold of the massive double doors something inside of him clicked slightly. This had been his fathers home, this had been Moridins place. This place had once been his fathers. For a few seconds Soliael stopped moving. He took in the air of the place he was standing in.

He wondered if his father had left anything here, aside from his siblings of course. He made a mental note to return here when he had his ring so he could explore more. Then with soft boot steps he moved through the mansion.

Then he finally found Anwen, or at least her force signature. Soliael looked at the closed door, without even touching the handle he could tell it was locked. He frowned slightly, and then just waved his hands. The lock clicked and slowly the door fell open. As he stepped into the room Soliael was greeted with warmth, though it was not from a heater. The flames that came from Anwen drove off heat like nothing he had ever felt. It was warm, but not hot.

Soliael stared at his little sister for a few seconds taking in the beauty of the flames. There was no judgment in his eyes, nothing but genuine interest. “Anwen.”

The name sounded kind in his tone of voice, and slowly he reached out towards his sister. Suddenly as he did his left eye opened up further and a pulse went through his iris. The orange sheen of his eye brightened slightly, and then a dark line crossed the same eye, but only for the briefest of seconds. The flames around Anwen died out almost immediately and Soliael spoke again.

“It's okay little sister.” He offered his arms for an embrace, a warm smile on his face.

She gasped as the door opened, revealing her elder brother. The sight of him caused the flames to burn brighter and higher, the flames licking at the sleeves of her shirt. Trembling as her emotions overwhelmed her, she could only stare at him in a mixture of shame and anxiety. She felt power radiate outward from him and turned her head away, her eyes snapping closed. She was not afraid of what her brother might do, she could not fear him, but she didn't want to see all the same.

However, confusion washed over her as suddenly the light that had been dancing before her closed eyes vanished, the dull warmth of the flames gone as well. Bright sapphire orbs opened slowly, then widened in shock as she took note that the flames had vanished. Her head snapped upward and she met Soliael's orange gaze, a myriad of emotions dancing behind her bright eyes. In an instant she was upon her feet and threw herself into his arms, her small arms winding around his torso as she buried her face into his chest.

"Soliael!"

Shaking against him she clung to him as though she would burst into flame all over again if she dare let him go.

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael held his sister for a few minutes, a smile on his face. The look of shook on hers had been surprising, he had figured that his own brother or their mother had figured out a way to suppress her Pyrokenisis. That obviously had not been the case however, from what little he saw he guessed that his Sister did not know how to fully control herself. He could tell from her reaction to the flames and her subsequent reaction to Soliael killing them.

Finally after a few more minutes he began to part away from her, breaking the embrace with a slight smile still on his face. He looked down at her, holding her at arms length. “You cannot fear the flames. They will consume you.”

The words were cryptic, but true. His own mother, Quietus had taught him long ago that fear was a worthless emotion. It had no place in the heart of a being who was capable of wielding the force, all it did was drive one into panic, and that was worthless in any situation. Here in this situation however the words were quite literal. The flames would likely never hurt Anwen, they were a production of her own will, but they would hurt others.

From what he knew of his sister...that outcome would be most unwanted.

Still held within his grasp she looked up at her elder brother, a smile slowly finding its way to her lips. "I cannot fear anything, brother. Father saw to that." Her head titled to the side a bit, a few stray strands of hair falling into her face. "The flames only come when I am...emotionally overwhelmed...and they vanish when I am calm." She frowned then and looked away, clearly ashamed. "Sven treats me like a fragile little doll because of it...I wish he wouldn't. I am new to the world, but I am not a child." As she spoke the last few words she met Soliael's gaze, her sapphire eyes suddenly as fierce as her mother's feral gaze.

She was stronger than Sven or Cora gave her credit for and she assumed Soliael would be just the same. Sighing she pulled free of her brother's grasp, but did not move away from him. "I guess I freaked when you said you wanted me to come with you." Smiling sheepishly she wrapped her arms around herself, rubbing them as though she were cold.

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael looked at his younger sister, she could see the same pride in her that he had seen in her mother. He wondered if a piece of Moridin was within that pride as well. He wouldn't be surprised, his father had been legendary for his stubbornness. He had started a war over it in fact. Soliael mused on this for just a few seconds and then looked down at his sister once again.

“No. You are not a child, but you are still young.” Soliael said the words carefully, not wanting to insult her. She was a fraction of his age of course, he was nearly two hundred and seventeen years old now. He had seen the galaxy twice over and had spent a good portion of his life within the outer rim. Of coursehalf of that had been in a prison, but he wasn't about to mention that. “My mother didn't let me run off into the galaxy until I was nearly a century old.”

That wasn't exactly true. He had traveled with Silencia and Quietus for more than half of his life but neither of them had ever tried to stop him from being independent. He doubted they would have even thought twice about him leaving...in fact they hadn't.

The thought made him smile, though he quickly returned his attention to Anwen. As he began to speak again his voice was warm and comforting “You won't be alone, I guarantee that. I want to show you a piece of what I'm doing, what I have achieved.”

Chewing her bottom lip she held her brother's gaze, fidgeting. "I...I want to go with you but...Sven...He will worry." As much as she desired to see the galaxy and experience the vastness of space, she was hesitant to leave everything she knew behind. It did not scare her, nothing did, but it put her ill at ease. She did not wish to upset Sven or Cora, but refusing Soliael would do the same.

Sighing she pouted up at her much taller brother, running a hand through her hair. "He will more than worry...He will come after us..."

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael smirked as Anwen told him what his younger brother would do. He considered that course of action to be a very good thing. It saved him from having to go after Sven himself and would mean he could test the boy at the same time. From what Anara had told him Sven could more than handle himself, and if that was true then he would have absolutely no trouble getting to Anwen on Exocron...or Soliaels HARC. He grinned and then voiced his opinions.

“Good. Saves me from having to find him.” He was cheerful, and there was almost a pressure to his voice, though no hostility. He looked at his sister with a smile and then spoke again. “Pack your things, and leave a note.”

To Soliael it was as simple as that. The two of them would leave and go do something fun, and Sven would come find them later. Besides, Anwen would hardly be in any danger, he would make sure of that.

Her head fell to the side, her bangs falling into her face as she simply stared up at Soliael. Slowly a smile found its way to her lips and she nodded, giving her brother another quick hug before dashing from the room and heading toward her own. As she had only been awake a very short amount of time she owned very little; it took her only minutes to stuff all of her clothes into a bag she snagged from Sven's room. Hurriedly she moved about the manor, finally deciding to leave her note on the door to Sven's room as she assumed he would definitely see it there.

Once she was satisfied she had packed everything and left an adequate note for her brother, she joined Soliael downstairs once again. The duffel bag in her hand was only half full, but inside it held every article of clothing she possessed and a few random books Sven and Cora had given her. "Where are we going to go, brother?" She was practically bouncing in place as she stared up at her much larger brother, her eyes sparkling in the dimly lit entry way.

Cedric Dorn

C
“Exocron.” Soliael said with a smile on his face. He began to turn around and walk towards the front door. He lead his sister back to his ship, he wanted to be off of this rock and out of this mansion. He hated this world, he hated the oppressive feeling of his father all around him. He simply despised the very thought of being in his fathers shadow. He had wanted to know of the mans legacy, but he had not wanted to be part of it. “It is where I have built my legacy. It is where I have become a god.”

His words were cryptic, and truthfully he hardly considered Moross his legacy. Yes the venture was great, but it was not the end all be all of Soliaels plan. It was a beginning, and nothing more. Slowly he walked over to the entrance of the mansion, the huge double doors stared him in the face. He pondered for a few minutes, and then looked down at his sister at his side. “Did you ever know him?”

It was clear who he meant, their father. Soliael had never met Darth Moridin, he had never even know his name until a few months ago. His mother had never shared with him any of that information, and pressing her had never been a prudent course of action. Eventually of course she had told him everything, but even then Soliael had felt...cheated.

Of course he realized he had been far better off without him. Moridin would have exploited him, used him, now he was his own man, he was beyond Moridins shadow.

His explanation didn't seem like much of an explanation as it was cryptic in nature, but she shrugged it off and accepted it without complaint. There was still much she didn't understand about the galaxy around her, but she trusted that Soliael would explain better given time. Meeting her brother's gaze she nodded, "in a way, yes. Sven knew him best aside from Mother, but he came to me in my dreams." Sadness was reflected in her gaze and she looked over her shoulder, down a darkened hallway.

Down the hallway was a door, one she couldn't get open, and beyond that door lay the lab she had been created in; it was the last bit of her father she had left. Looking back up at Soliael she forced a smile to her lips as she ran a hand through her soft hair. "Sven won't talk about him, but...I miss him. He was never cruel to me...Sven doesn't believe that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom