Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Familiar Faces

Whilst his friend set about mending himself, Marcus was already back in the cockpit, tending to the navigation computer. His friend had told him to set the course of the ship to a planet he had heard of before, but had never really visited in the past. From what he could remember from the holonet, the planet was populated by a people called the Neti.... And well... That was really it. He was sure that he could remember something about a tree, though the details had long since degraded in his mind.

A few quick flicks of his gloved fingers would reveal the planet hidden among the blanket of stars that sat in front of the canopy's window, and with a quick check to make sure the route would be clear of any unwanted attention from the growing amount of intergalactic authorities, he pulled on a few engine critical levers which soon caused a rhythmic hum to emanate from the engine room itself. In what would appear to be the blink of an eye, they had entered lightspeed and begun their journey to the world. It would be some time before they arrived, and Marcus sat himself down in one of the chairs, content to enjoy the ride from the comforting whirrs and clicks of the control room.

If his friend felt good enough to get up during their journey, he was sure that he wouldn't vent the oxygen, or do anything silly like that. There was no real need to watch him.

[member="Kango Fett"]

"That's as good as Im gona get it. At least I can't feel any of it anymore."

He reattached his arm and rotated it to ensure it attached correctly. He pulled out the rest of his armor and assembled it checking and cleaning anything that needed it. Setting it to the side he checked on the progress of his helmet. It still had a while so he laid lown for a bit.

After about a hour his the downloads were done. He put it on and messed with the settings a bit.

"Well that'll do it."

He got dressed into his armor chanting a blessing as he secured each piece. He knelt down over his helmet and finished the blessing by making a sign over his helmet. Grabbin his helmet and tucking it into the crook of his arm he made his way to the cockpit.

He knocked on the door and said,
"Hey Marcus could I come in?" [member="Marcus Lok"]

Honestly, Marcus may have fallen asleep at the controls while they were underway. It wasn't that he was simply inattentive by nature, but rather the fact that this whole process of getting him out of Prison had been a bit exhausting, and he was happy that the man was finally on board and the main bit of the struggle was long gone.

Once he heard the sharp metallic knocks against the cabin's door, he immediately brought his feet off of the console and quickly checked all of the systems to assure himself that they had not gone spilling out of the hyperlane. With the large pane of blue swirling star-matter infront of them, however, he could tell with some certainty that they were still safely on their route.

"Huh?.. Oh yeah! Hang on."

With a quick motion of his hand towards a button the console, the door behind him would reply almost instantly, hissing away to hide itself in the wall to reveal his armored friend.

"We're close. I guess you fixed yourself up?"

[member="Kango Fett"]

The door hissed away into the wall to reveal his friend sitting down.

"We're close. I guess you fixed yourself up?" [member="Marcus Lok"]

"As much as I could, but I'm no doctor. I still need to go to the hospital once we land but I'll make sure you're takin care of first."

It was quite noticeable as he stepped inside the cockpit that his eye was still swollen and still looked like shit.

"How much did it cost you to get me out? With fuel, food, and everything."

Marcus nodded, content with the update, though he hoped his friend wasn't embellishing his progress to keep up appearances. With a brisk motion of his hand, he indicated that his friend might want to sit down in the co-pilot's seat while they chatted the minutes away.

"Well I can't wait to get on-planet then. Be nice gettin' taken care of for a change."

He noticed that his friend was still medically unsound as he walked into the cockpit, and he took it in stride with the realization that there was very little else he could do until they arrived at the hospital. At the mention of the cost of this little 'Rescue', Marcus again waved away any notion that his friend would be compensating him for this venture.

"Don't worry about that, consider you're springing on the house. Just be on call once you get your strength back, y'know?"

[member="Kango Fett"]

He gladly accepted the invitation to sit. He made his way to the chair tryin his best not to limp with every step. His whole body ached and the drugs were being to wear off.

"Don't worry about that, consider you're springing on the house. Just be on call once you get your strength back, y'know?" [member="Marcus Lok"]

"Aye. I will gladly pay the favor Vod."

He nodded respectively to the man then propped an arm on the council as he slowly and painfully took a seat, painfully moaned as he did so. He tried his best to get comfortable but it just wasn't possible with all his wounds. Closing his eyes and leaning his head on the headrest.

"Are you married or have any children Marcus?"

As he spoke he fiddled around with his mechno arm.

Marcus raised an eyebrow at the question, but kept his own gaze fixed on the navigational console which had begun to blink with a few non-essential updates about their course. Solar winds and the like...

"Nope... I've kept myself free. Not many dala go for slicers."

He smiled at his self deprecating humor, but the question had come up in his mind fairly often if there were one out there that might be interested in this lifestyle. Surely there were enough whores on Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa that would be willing to come along for the fee, but he wasn't interested in such a one sided affair. Besides... Who needs the distraction?

"And if you have a girl to come back to, she'll be quite upset about your makeover, Vod."

[member="Kango Fett"]

"Nope... I've kept myself free. Not many dala go for slicers. And if you have a girl to come back to, she'll be quite upset about your makeover, Vod." [member="Marcus Lok"]

"Haha. I bet she'd love my new look. I look tough but still handsome."

He turned his head as if he was posing. He laughed then pressed a button as he spoke.

"But there is a reason why I asked. Em isn't just my girlfriend, she's my wife. We binded in secret years ago on Mandalore and we also have a kid, she's adopted."

He showed a flat holo of Emeläz and him at there binding ceremony and then another two photo of his daughter who defiantly was in her late young adult years.

He leaned towards the man and spoke in a dark voice. The threat was real and it could be felt in the room.

"There's nothing I wouldn't do for them. Ive killed hundreds of men, women, and children to keep them safe. I tell you this not to get you to understand me more but to warn you. You are coming to my house and my family. If you try anything to hurt them I will kill you."

He let that sit in for a second then smiled and leaned back in the chair as if nothing happened.

reaper___heartbreak_by_adriandadich-d7538m8.jpg
This holo is Kangos daughter when she was younger with a mask on

ice_by_leee666jack-d7m1md8.jpg
This holo is of Kangos daughter that looks like it was taken on his ship.

Marcus froze and turned his head around to see that his friend had leaned in considerably to give his warning. He may well have felt threatened if he didn't know the guy. It was a fair enough warning, making your family known in the galaxy was a big decision, and it could bring hardships and pain if the information was leaked to the wrong person. So, in a way, Marcus felt quite happy to have the tentative permission to meet Kango's. He would just have to keep in mind that he mustn't blast them. Shouldn't be too hard.

With a nervous smile and positive gesture from his hand, Marcus tried to alleviate any doubts that Kango might have.

"No worries. Of course. You have a very lovely daughter, Vode. I won't tell a soul about their existence."

A quick nod would bring his own confidence to return to the Navi-panel where he monitored the ship's progress.

"We're coming up on the planet now. Are you good to go?"

[member="Kango Fett"]

"No worries. Of course. You have a very lovely daughter, Vode. I won't tell a soul about their existence." [member="Marcus Lok"]

With that he felt more confident in his friend. He relaxed knowing his family was safe with this man. Though he hoped Marcus wasn't thinking about his daughter too much. Out the corner of his eye he looked him up and down. He wasn't a bad fellow but still it was his daughter and the man wasn't looking to settle down any time soon.
He still treated his daughter as a child even though she's more than half as old as himself. Back on Mandalore she'd be a warrior by now and bringing the skulls of her greatest foes home to tell of the great battles.They grow up so fast.

"We're coming up on the planet now. Are you good to go?"

He put the holos away and straightened his armor to look as good as possible. Placing his helmet on his lap he reached into a pouch and pulled out an eyepatch. Placing it over his broken eye he looked at his reflection adjusting it to be sure it covered as much damage as possible.

"Once we get close I'll put in the access codes. When we near the compound I'll have to speak to them so they don't turn us into a molten pile of durasteel. At that point could you patch the comms to my helmet?"

Marcus nodded in affirmation to Kango's request that he might be granted comms access through his helmet. It would take a second to patch through, but after a few moments, his friend would begin to hear the calm static of the atmosphere as they began to descend into orbit. Of course he didn't like the idea of going into an area where he might well be eviscerated if Kango didn't call himself in correctly, but there was hardly enough time to reconsider once the ship began to descend into the clouds of the planet and into a powered glide.

"They should be able to hear you now, and make sure to tell them you brought a friend!"

The young slicer smiled and leaned back into his chair, quite content to twirl about in it until they received a communication from the planet below... As opposed to a turbolaser round to the belly.

He began to wonder what his friends family would be like? Independent, definitely. A family would have to be used to living alone when the man of the house was gone nearly every hour of everyday on jobs. Must be rough...

[member="Kango Fett"]

"They should be able to hear you now, and make sure to tell them you brought a friend!" [member="Marcus Lok"]

He nodded and placed on his helmet, being sure to shut down his external speakers so only the comms team could hear him.

As the clouds parted the planet began to open up. There was only grain farms and forests as far as the eye could see broken up by a small village or town every once in a while. The Grand Leader (a giant, several kilometers high, tree), a Naval Hub, and a large military complex were the biggest places on the planet.

The Planetary Defense Force hailed the ship after picking them up.

"This is military outpost Nati 1 hailing ZX Freighter in orbit. State your ship and cargo. Respond immediately or you will be dealt with accordingly."

"Nati 1, Nati 1. This is ZX Freighter Ravana. Requesting permission to land at Primary base. We are carrying VIP cargo register number 11-1-14-7-15-6-5-20-20 Razna repeat Razna."

"Rodger that. Welcome back sir. You are clear to land at Primary base, landing pad 3. Transmitting coordinates and landing procedure now."

"Thank you Nati 1. Tell command Im coming in and prepare the ambassador quarters for a guest. Ravana out"

Giving Marcus a thumbs up and a smile as he removed his helmet and once again placed it in his lap.

"We're clear to land at landing pad 3. All the information should be transferred to your navigation system. When we land we will be met by a security team but pay them no mind."

sherman_base_for_star_citizen_by_emanshiu-d7ndirh.jpg

Marcus smirked at his friend, quite impressed with the level of status he had been granted on this planet. He must hav ean interesting history with the world to have garnered such status, and a wave of calm came over the young slicer who was suddenly aware that this mission would not be one full of action and firefights, but rather just a simple stroll to Kango's house. What a treat! Though he couldn't quite stay long for a vacation, he would at least see that his friend got back to his home safely... And observe any festivities if there were.

With a skilled hand, he brought the ship onto the pad very gingerly, and with a heavy fall towards the pad, the sound of steel on steel and a gentle heave of the ship would be telling enough that they had indeed landed on the surface.

"Home sweet home. They seem to like you a lot around here, y'know?"

[member="Kango Fett"]

"Home sweet home. They seem to like you a lot around here, y'know?" [member="Marcus Lok"]

"Aye. I train there PDF forces and work alongside there generals but without all the paperwork."

He smiled as he stood up and placed his helmet in the crook of his arm. Once his friend delt with the shutting down the ship they began to walk toward the ramp.

"I got hired on here originally after I purchased a large amount of farmland. They noticed that I was a Mandalorian and wanted me to come on as a PMC to train there soldiers. They have lots of money on this planet. They built that Naval Hub and this base and made it seem like pocket change. There military though was terrible. They had the best shit money could buy but most of there soldiers were just farmers. So I agreed as long as I don't have to pay taxes and fees for any of my imports or exports and a nice large paycheck. It was only supposed to be a few months of workin but I did such a good job they offered me a permanent position here as a trainer. Nowadays I just kind of oversee everything to make sure its all top notch. I straighten out a few things here and there but mostly I can do whatever I want."

He nodded, quite impressed with the way his friend had spent his time since the dissolution of the clans. He was virtually settled on this world, or at least it appeared so to him. Marcus often times wondered what it might be like to finally settle down on a planet that didn't have skyscrapers dotting the horizon as far as the eye could see, though he doubted he ever would. In the back of his mind he knew he would find the calm life of an average civilian to be too dull to keep his interest for long. Perhaps it was the reason he had chosen to settle on Nar Shaddaa. There was always an air of danger on the world that made him feel as though he was really living life to it's fullest.

Standing and ushering his friend towards the door, he grabbed his flight bag and made for the ramp, helping Kango along the way until they had reached the door. With a hiss and a sudden rush of fresh air, they were soon gazing at the pad which lay below. A few security guards had come to inspect the ship, but other than that, the welcome party seemed light enough.

"Which way, bud?"

[member="Kango Fett"]

"Which way, bud?" [member="Marcus Lok"]

Kango pointed to the a nearby hanger and began walking with barely any limp. It was quite noticeable to Marcus that he was hiding the fact that he was injured.

"This way. We'll go pick up a ride and go to my home."

A large Neti (think more humaniod looking Groot) followed by a green Twi'lek rushed to the two men and began walking with them. They were dressed in the standard grey uniform of the Alliance of Netalians (AON) and carried dataslates. The large Neti spoke with a thick accent.

"Welcome back, sir. We hope your trip went well?"

"No, it didn't. Please have my healer, Shal'a Okwa'o, at my house as soon as she can get there. I want a update of all training stats since I left and subsidiary reports sent to my home. Also get Marcus here proper identification and see to his needs."

As the Neti typed a set of spare hands manifested from it's side and took the dataslate from the Twi'lek and awaited to input data from Marcus on it. The Twi'lek walked next to Marcus and began to ask him for his data and and told him that he would have to get a facial scan once they reached the hanger.

"Marcus tell them whatever information they need and and they'll get you a identification card. You can ask for anythin and it'll be covered. Consider this a all expenses paid vacation."

*error note: PDF forces are to be AON (Alliance Of Netalians) forces. That was a lore mess upon my part.
For more lore and info on planet see: Netaleon
*AON speach color code #347C2C

Marcus nodded at his friend and then took in the barrage of questions with a few blinks and a few brisk answers. The questions were simple, pertaining to his identity and where he was from originally. After the standard procedures and a few minutes waiting for the dataslate to embed the information in a blank card, he took the small piece of plastic and set it into the side of his flight bag. Then came the question of what to do with the ship, and he assured them that the only thing that he wanted would be fuel. Satisfied, he rejoined his friend and flashed the card quickly before continuing on towards the hangar.

"I appreciate the hospitality. More than I've ever seen on Nar Shaddaa. Must be a nice place to live."

[member="Kango Fett"]

"I appreciate the hospitality. More than I've ever seen on Nar Shaddaa. Must be a nice place to live." [member="Marcus Lok"]

"Yes it really is. Just serene countryside as far as you can see. Makes me want to retire everytime I breathe in the air here. All the locas treat you like family. It's such a sparse thing to find these days."

They arrived at the hanger and the soldiers saluted Kango before marching off toward elsewhere on the base. The door slid open and reviled a empty hanger except for a elegant black Prime that was awaiting for them. A tall green muscular Nikto waited for them patiently near the front fender of the car wearing a black suit and drivers cap. Marcus notice that the driver had bodyarmor underneath the suit and more than likely was packing too. When the driver spoke they she a musical voice.

"Good day Mr. Fett. Your trip didn't go well I take it?"

"There's no hiding things from you Is there Nahbe?"

"No, Mr. Fett there is not. I'll turn on the muscle relaxers in your seat, Mr. Fett."

"Thank you dear."

Nahbe opened the suicide backdoor and gently helped Kango in. The door closed with a gentle hiss and Kango was no longer viewable through the tinted window. Nahbe turned to Marcus and looked down, making eye contact with him.

"Mr. Lok, my name is Nahbe. I'm Mr. Fetts personal chauffeur. I will also be your chauffeur and guide for the duration of your stay. My contact info will be given to you inside the vehicle, Mr. Lok. If you need anything, anything at all contact me."

The second anything was stressed in a seductive tone and accompanied with a quick wink.

superconductor_maglev_coupe_by_technogene.jpg

Marcus took note of the speeder and was quite impressed to say the least. The people of this world must have been in quite some dire need for a good trainer if they were willing to give up such large luxury packages for the opportunity to work with Kango. One might assume that he was rich! It was almost a wonder how he had come to be captured by a group of thugs hired by the Hutts.

As the Nikto stepped into his path and gave him the introduction, the young slicer blinked at the somewhat forward offer given at the end of his sentence. It was sort of... Odd. But he hardly cared to create any sort of upset over it, and instead went about to get into the vehicle as well, if only a bit unsure of what the Nikto had been proposing in earnest.

"It's much appreciated, Nahbe. I'll just be escorting my friend back to his family if it's all the same to you."

A glance in his friends direction would convey some sort of confused discomfort at his short conversation with the alien, though he soon settled on the fine leather seat and took out his datapad to ensure that his ship was not being stolen or anything like that... Couldn't hurt to be careful.

[member="Kango Fett"]

"It's much appreciated, Nahbe. I'll just be escorting my friend back to his family if it's all the same to you." [member="Marcus Lok"]

Nahbe straightened out her suit and took hold of the brim of her cap. Tipping her head forward in a bow that hid the saddened look she had for a moment. She composed herself then lifted her head. The sad look had dissipated as soon as it appeared.

"As you wish Mr. Lok."

With that she led him to the other side of the vehicle and opened the door letting him in. Once she had she stepped into the driver seat and removed her cap. She started up the car and headed toward the main gate.

Seeing Marcus's look when he entered the vehicle he immediately known what had happened. Nahbe just couldn't resist anyone with a ship and a few war stories.

"Don't mind Nahbe. She's just likes to get involved with off worlders and hear all there stories. She may look like a brute but she's a softy at heart. Aren't you dear?"

"Don't play me down so much Mr. Fett. He might start thinking I'm a puny farm girl and not a notorious pirate."

"Notorious? You're only wanted in two systems for only piracy and murder. And I do believe you're a ex pirate now."

"Only during work hours, Mr. Fett."

They both gave a small laugh at that. They had known eachother for years and it was visible the way they talked to each other, even with Nahbe's professionalism. Then both of them noticeably hardened up as they pulled up to the main gate. A heavily armed security team stood with weapons up and even a MG mounted on a security vehicle overlooking the gate. They were checking vehicles not just goin in but also out.

As soon as they reached the guard and he checked Nahbes credentials he looked into the back and saw both of the Mandalorians. All the while this was happening a Akk Dog and handler sniffed the vehicle for explosives or other contraband. The guards nodded to each other and the first guard stepped back and waved them through. Passing through the gate the countryside opened up ahead of them.

"Gentlemen please make yourselfs comfortable, this will be a hour drive. Please feel free to indulge in the beverages in front of you. Im here if you need anything."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom