Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Update: Production Levels & Ranged Template Changes

Effective immediately, the following changes have been made to all templates with respect to their production value:

Production: The scale is Unique (Only One Character), Semi-Unique (Maximum of 10 characters), Limited (Only one small group of characters. IE: Small task force, not entire factions.), Minor (Large groups of characters. (IE: Multiple factions, companies, or groups.), Mass-Produced. (Anyone.) Characters refer to NPCs & PCs.

Also, with regard to the Ranged Weapon template, the following change has been made to better clarify one particular scale:

Original:
Reload Speed: (How quickly the weapon can be reloaded. Choose from Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High and Extreme.)

CHANGED TO:
Reload Speed: (How quickly the weapon can be reloaded. Choose from None, Very Slow, Slow, Average, Fast, Very Fast and Extreme.)

[member="Khonsu Amon"]

An entire faction may not use limited production submissions. Use your judgement. You can't have the entire minor faction's NPCs running about with limited tech, along with your own PC characters. These are small task forces, not all 50 or more people in a faction and their NPC guards/goons. If it looks like too much, it's too much.

It looks like to me that there is a smaller gap between Semi-Unique and Limited but a wider one between Limited and Minor now that I think should be addressed with a new rating to balance that gap OR have more flexibility in ratings for both Limited and Minor submissions. That is just my thoughts though, take em for what it's worth.

I also want to add that the description Jamie provided regarding the distinction between Semi-Unique and Limited subs is small and it seems to me that the latter is almost made redundant, the 'power' and 'cost' gap between a technology that can feasibly be provided to ten versus fifty combat troops would realistically be minimal. For this reason I think it's unwise to issue discrete numbers on how many items can be produced on each level and instead implement a 'cost' field into the templates using Canon Items with costs associated with them as a guide to help give judges and RPJs an idea on how many of a particular submission should realistically appear at a time IF a finite number isn't also provided in the original submission. It also lets RPJs look at the factions fielding Limited subs and determine if they could be feasibly fielded in the numbers exhibited (This is where the distinction between a Minor & Major Faction could be seen with weapons and armour as we have with starships).

That said I am content to see it acknowledged in the template that some weapons cannot be reloaded, as we have single-use weapons such as the AT4 in the modern day which cannot be 'reloaded' in any sense of the word after use. But I am going to say that the rest appears to me like a rushed fix of sorts and don't believe it's fair on users in the future who are going to submit items to the factory and find themselves getting hammered by people with tech subbed at earlier standards or canon tech which is more efficient and advanced than anything on the board, which doesn't make much sense to me as this isn't Warhammer 40K and technology shouldn't be going backwards or regressing, I'm also not saying that it needs to advance dramatically but the fact that somebody can't sub Shadowtrooper Armour under the current standard at anything higher than Unique or Semi Unique in the event you've got a giant corporation just because it has cloaking tech is wrong. Armour available that was manufactured centuries ago shouldn't be something that cannot be replicated and manufactured in equal quantities.

[member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Khonsu Amon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom