Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Tech Ideas

Darth Hauntruss Naval R&D Suggestions and Concept WIPs
1. ASCM-Saber
300px-Moskit_missile.jpg
Description:
Anti-Ship Cruise Missile Saber, is a "Ship Breaker" missile designed for precision and uninterrupted strikes that are designed to cripple War Starships.

Unlike most missiles which either use directional guidance, i.e. the firing tube is pointed like a cannon at its target, or uses lock-on remote guidance, i.e. a computer on the ship feeds the missile a target coordinate and then is fired at the locked-on point.

The Saber is given in-time data from preluanch, launch, flight and detonation. Which makes it extremely difficult to shoot down from distance via ship laser or Starfighter assault. It would take catching the missile to disarm it or neutralize it.

In other words, its understanding of its target's position and relative potentials for intervention from non-target objects is continuously updated via a satellite link. The Saber can alter its course, change specific strike zones on a starship mid-flight and can even re-route its flight into a new target. It is an upgrade to the classical cruise missiles used by past forces in the galaxy.

Technical Layout:
-Warhead Payload:
Saber is a type of Baradium Missile. And thus, uses a Baradium1 Chemical Compound Payload.The triggering mechanism uses a deuterium-based proton charge, which on its own is capable of producing a blast comparable to some thermal detonators.

-Internal Guidance/Satellite Guidance System:
The circuits of the Saber consist of basic guidance chip technology and thermal signature locking technology. It also has a flight control system which helps adjust the missile's trajectory in flight. The data is fed from a satellite system which is embedded in the ship which it is launched from (this ship will be separate submission as a Missile Cruiser Starship)

-Rocket Engine:
The Saber has a single large exhaust single Ion Engine, which is comparable to some starfighter engines - such as the TIE Interceptor. With four smaller mid-flight adjust rockets around its circumference.

Delivery and Firing System:
-More Soon....

1.(Baradium is the volatile substance used in Thermal Detonators, and classical Baradium Missiles amplify this destructive power to such a degree that some Baradium Missile have been known to take out starships in a single-strike)

[member="Darth Hauntruss"]

Hey just a thought but we need to work on getting one or two Corvette and smaller Cruisers into the Armada as well. There are some gaps I think would be really good to fill.

Shoot me a PM when you get a chance and we can go in detail without cluttering this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom