Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Opinion Poll

What is your opinion on our past and present Dominions?

• I enjoyed participating and felt involved as a character and writer.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • My character has been involved but I felt left out as a writer.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I felt involved as a writer but felt that my character was overlooked.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did not feel involved as a writer or character.

• I do not enjoy the way The Primeval conduct dominions.

• Total voters
I'd just like to make it completely public that I'm absolutely aware that lately our faction has been lacking in private threads, faction threads, and otherwise facilitating to roleplay outside of dominions. I'd like to also apologize for anyone who felt alienated during the Netherworld event; we're not ignoring you. It's just difficult to manage a large faction and our new faction admins are still getting situated with their positions.

Keeping all that in mind, I'd like to grab some opinions in a few polls. Consider it almost a survey but more importantly our interest in the opinions and desires of our faction members. I believe that blunt honesty and constructive criticism is the easiest way to figure out where one needs to improve and that's no different in this situation. So be honest with us, tell us what you think, what you want, and how we could do things differently. I'm someone who finds no issue in conforming to new standards so long as they benefit everyone involved. If I'm doing something wrong I want to hear about it.

With that, I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone! Our dominions aren't completely done yet but the amount of progress we've achieved this March is both astonishing and commendable. I'm proud to be the Faction Owner of such a wonder group of people.

As for the poll itself, I'd like you to discuss as much as you want on each question. Just make sure to label which question in particular you're mentioning about to avoid confusion and to allow us the opportunity to further come up with ways to improve our demeanor and inspire new interests in the faction.

I answered Sometimes to Thread pacing because it really does depend on the Thread. If I feel invested in the thread, and it makes sense to my character, I have very little trouble engaging myself (such as Korriban and Dromund Kaas). While other threads that have a specific mission involved that other's may have no problem writing their character (Irn), I can't even bring myself to join 3/4 of the times.

That's just how I am though, so nothing to consider reform wise! Keep doing what you're doing!

As soon as we're done with the event, we should create a Religious Holiday to blow off some steam for those of us a little exhausted from the political game of factions. Or just like, a laid back adventure with no real consequences :D

Zambrano the Hutt said:
As soon as we're done with the event, we should create a Religious Holiday to blow off some steam for those of us a little exhausted from the political game of factions. Or just like, a laid back adventure with no real consequences
I really like this idea. I'll see what we can come up with and check on how others feel about it, otherwise thanks for the input. :)

Didn't let me submit my response, but I'll just show it here manually. Bold is the one I select.

What is your opinion on our past and present Dominions?
  1. I enjoyed participating and felt involved as a character and writer.
  2. My character has been involved but I felt left out as a writer.
  3. I felt involved as a writer but felt that my character was overlooked.
  4. I did not feel involved as a writer or character.
  5. I do not enjoy the way The Primeval conduct dominions.

How inclined are you to check our forums?
  1. I check the forums as much as I can and feel both involved and insightful.
  2. I check the forums as much as I can but tend to read rather than reply.
  3. I try to check the forums as much as I can but generally forget to.
  4. The faction forums do not appeal to my interests but I try to stay on top of the news.

Which types of threads would you like to see more of?
  1. Invasions, Skirmishes, and Dominions.
  2. Faction threads that are open to only our members.
  3. Faction threads that are also open to the public.
  4. Training threads.
  5. Exploration threads.
  6. None of the above (leave an answer in a comment)

Do you feel that you're ever being overlooked by an FO, FA, or member?
  1. Yes, I often feel like I'm being overlooked on purpose.
  2. Yes, but I don't believe it's on purpose.
  3. Yes, but only by certain members.
  4. Yes, but only by the faction staff.
  5. I sometimes feel overlooked.
  6. No, but I do believe that I'm not always paid attention to when I try to bring something up.
  7. No, but sometimes I feel like the faction staff aren't paying enough attention.
  8. No, I've never felt overlooked.

Do you have a hard time keeping up with thread paces?
  1. Yes, I prefer to read over everything and get overwhelmed by a large number of posts.
  2. Yes, but only when people don't tag me.
  3. Sometimes, it really depends on the type of thread. (leave a comment below)
  4. No, but I do find it overwhelming from time-to-time.
  5. No, I'm perfectly comfortable with the pace of our threads.

Which of the following would you like to see more of? (pick as many as you want)
  1. Factory submission! I'd like to see more tech being made. I'm even willing to help.
  2. Codex and lore! I'd like there to be material to use when roleplaying.
  3. Missions! Objectives make it easier to develop my character within the faction.
  4. Rank tags! I'd love to have rank tags signifying my position within the faction.
  5. More fun threads! Sometimes I'd rather just lay back and do a fun thread, even if it doesn't lead anywhere.

Do you like the current decision making process of our staff?
  1. Yes, I feel the faction is being ran both competently and efficiently.
  2. Yes, I couldn't ask more of the faction's owner or admins.
  3. Sometimes, it depends on the situation (leave a comment below)
  4. No, but It doesn't bother me too much.
  5. No, I don't feel like the faction is being ran properly.

Would you be willing to volunteer for faction duties?
  1. Yes, as long as I'm aware there's a whole that needs filling I'll do my best to help out.
  2. Yes, but only if it suits my interests.
  3. No, I don't feel comfortable with taking on new responsibilities.
  4. No, I don't have any desire to invest that much of my time or effort.

Which of the following changes do you feel need to be made?
  1. Coordination: I feel that the faction lacks organization.
  2. Attitude: The faction and/or its members aren't as friendly as they should be.
  3. Inclusiveness: I still believe the faction could be more inclusive.
  4. Communication: I feel at a loss and believe the faction needs to communicate more with each other.
  5. Development: There's a lack of support for character development.
  6. Resources: It's hard to find help and materials within the faction.

Do you feel this poll was effective and that your opinion matters?
  1. Yes, I believe this an effective way to gather opinions and believe my input will be considered.
  2. Yes, but I'm not really sure what differences will come from this.
  3. Maybe, I need to see to believe.
  4. No, but I'd be happy if that were the case.
  5. No, I don't believe this is an effective way to gather opinions or that my input will be considered.

I'll explain my responses on everything as well.

1. Dominions are good. No complaints.

2. Sometimes I forget to check. People need to tag more.

3. Outside of Skirmishes and Dominion threads, I really haven't seen any Primeval RP tbh. We've got all these cool planets that are just begging to be explored; but they aren't. We need more threads where we train as a unit. Combat RP is good for everyone. We also need some more faction type RP so everyone feels included.

4. No, but sometimes the staff miss out on threads. Though I think this is more due to the fact that Anja is pretty much the only REALLY active staff member; and there is just to much shit on her plate to deal with everything as effectively as she might want to.

5. Not really. Sometimes they move along quickly and you come along to see there have been like 5-10 posts that you've missed; but this can be fixed with people tagging more.

6. We need more fun threads. Cantina type RP helps increase activity and allows characters to get to know other characters within the faction. Plus it actually holds people together. We also need rank tags because I think it gives people a goal to strive for and it adds another element to RP. And finally, we need some more lore on the Old Gods and the faction as well. If I want to be a religious fanatic, we need more info on our religion so we can be fanatical.

7. Again, this is more due to the fact that the really only active staff member we have is Anja.

8. Bro. The hours that I'm home and not doing sports, I literally spend on the forums. Refreshing every few minutes; waiting for people to respond. GIVE ME WORK DAMN IT!

9. Coordination - I think this stems from a lack of clear cut command. People need someone to tell them what to do and when to do it. It helps create structure and adds to RP. COMMAND ME DAMN IT.

Inclusiveness - Outside of the dominion threads, I don't feel like I'm in the Primeval. We need more faction only threads.

Communication - The first world report was cool. Where's the second? I think this will go a long way to helping our communication problems.

Development - Hard to develop my character when I can't RP with anyone in the faction due to a lack of threads.

Resources - Faction forums needs cleaning up, and we need a manifest of everything available to faction members.

10. This thread is a good idea for people to get their opinions out there. We just need people to see this thread. GOTTA TAG EM ALL!

Just my opinions on some of the stuff that's going on. [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] contact me over skype if you want to talk more in depth about some of this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom