Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Admin Account

The idea came up in the admin chat for the Sith Empire. One account that for posts on the forums all admins share, so anyone of them could update a news post, or an armory, or a training list, etc. Obviously they'd have to sign in and sign out of their original accounts, but for the sake of forum management it would save time and keep the pressure, the admittedly small amount of it, off just one shoulder.

And y'know. It'll keep it so if one of the admins of the faction goes on vacation for a week or two the threads don't get a huge build up of needing to be updated while they're away.

Thoughts?

[member="Krest"]

Or they can just use the sub-account that they were assigned as faction admin for to do that. That is not to mention the 'security' hazards if someone who was not faction admin got an access to the account, or if someone who was faction admin decided to change the password without the others knowing.

I can see what you are getting at, but it's far easier and safer to just assign sub-accounts (or writer accounts) as faction admins than to have a whole separate account dedicated entirely to that. It wouldn't really save time and it wouldn't really take any pressure off either. Overall the problems you have listed are things that fall under the responsibility of a faction team to structure and delegate according to their own abilities. It's what makes something a faction administration in the end.

[member="Kaili Talith"]

I only mean to update and modify specific threads, and not much else. Its one of those it doesn't necessarily do anything to save time or effort, but for some people it might be easier than to others. If it helps some people manage things better, why not right?

[member="Krest"]

All faction admins have access to their respective faction's adminCP and can make the changes you're referencing already. Plus, you know, factions do die and those accounts will be made obsolete sooner or later, not to mention the wrench they'd throw in the function of faction owners.

If it's in your faction and you have faction admin or mod ability I believe you can edit. There is no need for a shared account. I understand your reasoning, but no need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom