Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eyes to the Sky and the Stars

Coruscant
The Red Jewel

Teheron and Therek had a quiet understanding. Empahsis on quiet.

Their day job involved enough talking on its own. Whenever they happened to be working together – such as tonight – they showed each other the due respect by shutting the hell up. It worked wonders on their irate disposition after a long day of arguing with clients, victims, and colleagues.

Such were the toils of genius.

Seemingly well-aware of this fact, their task tonight was far from unpleasant – sure, they were still on the clock. But for one, their wage would make a Coruscanti lawyer swoon; and secondly, eating at the The Red Jewel on company expenses?

You’d have to be mad to say no to that.

Erida and Mafir were already seated at the back of the restaurant, sampling their chosen drinks – Whyren’s Reserve and water, respectively. Five minutes left until they met with one of the galaxy’s big shots, and yet Teheron wasn’t feeling the least bit anxious.

A few decades of dealing with rifle-toting, trigger-happy customers will do that.

Not that she would let that sort of experience show. Her skin was pristine, her hands unmarred by callouses. Today her thin smile represented nothing more than the interests of Comet Industries.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Nadir"]

Alric Kuhn, or rather something that looked very much like Alric Kuhn stepped into the restaurant. Flanking him were two oddly shadowed beings, two figures that seemed to peel away from the CEO almost as soon as he crossed the threshold into the establishment.

The man made no effort to wait for the hostess or even regard anyone that passed him by, instead he crossed the distance between himself and those he was meeting with no hesitation at all. His walk was oddly stiff, composed yet not as flowing as it should have been. Still, the droid sat down in front of it's hosts, expression pleasant.

"Let's make this quick." 'Alric' said with a smile. "Shall we?"

He wasn't trying to be rude, but there were things to get done.

"I have several other meetings today." Of course that wasn't really much of an issue for an AI that could host itself in multiple bodies at once, but the organics in this particular meeting didn't need to know that.

“Naturally. We would be loathe to impose on your valuable time, so let me be plain.”

At the subtle prompt, the givin produced a thin datapad. He placed it in the middle of the table, turning it towards [member="Alric Kuhn"] at an exact 180°.

Precision in all things.

Erida continued as Mafir called up a set of blueprintshttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/108332-starfort-class-deep-spaceport on the screen.

“We’ve drawn up designs for a research station. As Vanir is one of the premier shipwrights in the galaxy, we’d like you to build them for us. The order would be for twenty stations or so at first. With our projected growth in the next five years, we would need twice again as many further down the line.”

The designs weren’t wholly what the Equalizers had received as payment for their work with the Alliance. Though the modifications were largely cosmetic, there were also a few security and structural upgrades.

(Their needs differed from those of a do-gooder federation, after all. (Not that Mr. Kuhn could know that.))

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Nadir"]

"Simple enough." The droid commented.

Vanir Technologies was inarguably the premiere construction company in the entirety of the galaxy. They owned the largest private shipyard, the largest construction stations, and the biggest factory the galaxy had ever seen. All of it was operated outside of government influence and without a single hint of interference from other entities. Their production capacity was legendary, and something that Mr. Kuhn was quite proud of.

Not that Rigor would be going into that.

"Construction on site or delivered?" An important question, Vanir could do either, though the latter would be difficult with larger stations. "On site would be more expensive, particularly depending on where you wish to build them in the first place."

Decisions decisions.

Of course it made no different to Rigor either way. Vanir would make it's money, it would just be a question of how much.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Teheron didn’t blink.

“Delivered.” Her empty gaze flitted over to the flat expression of the givin. “Therek?”

He cleared his throat and sat forward. His face twitched all like he might’ve been – what’s that again – smiling. “There are a few technical details I would like to discuss with your experts regarding the blueprints. Some minutiae that are best explained and understood in person; you understand.”

Erida swirled her amber drink about with a steady hand. “What kind of timeline are we talking about here?”

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Nadir"]

The droid stayed quiet for a moment, slightly annoyed that it had to continue putting on this act when it could easily have understood any technical specifications requested.

Still, it had to be this way. "Several months."

It was really a standard answer. Delivery would be difficult, but not impossible. Vanir produced several bulk freighters that could deliver the stations in pieces, once that was accomplished they would be able to put the station itself together in the proper place. It would be faster, and probably less expensive in the long run. As long as no pirates got particularly daring.

"You may meet with my engineers on The Foundry." He continued. "That is where the stations will be constructed in part."

Though it was more than likely would source from several locations.

Easier that way.

The subtle quirk of a brow was all the response she gave. Erida tipped the rest of the expensive drink past her expensive lipstick. Not a single mark left on the expensive glass, too.

“Have your people draw up a contract. We’ll look it over, make any necessary amendments but—” she spread her arms to the jingle of an expensive bracelet, “I believe we’ve ourselves an arrangement, Mr. Kuhn. Pleasure doing business.” She offered the man a thin hand to shake, each nail painted with expensive black polish.

The givin didn’t. “If you could provide me with the contact information of your head engineer, Mr. Kuhn, I’d be very grateful. I’m sure you understand how complicated scheduling can get with our kind of job.”

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Nadir"]

"Very well." The Droid stated, drawing back for a moment before pulling out a small datapad of it's own.

Again Rigor found it somewhat annoying that it had to use this outdated form of technology to actually communicate with people, but it seemed to make them happy. It could just as easily have transferred the information with a brief thought, but no, stupid organics.

"You'll have the information." It stated. "Though as you can imagine my head engineer is rather busy."

Vanir was a big company after all. "I doubt you'll get to meet him personally."

That was the simple truth. Vanir was now involved in the construction of several hundred ships, enough to outfit an entire armada. There were a dozen corporations working at the Foundry, and more than a few of them were directly involved with Vanir itself. It made things...busy.

“That’s quite alright. We understand.” Erida smiled her thin smile while Therek picked up the datapad and copied the info. “You will find we at Comet are adaptable people.”

The givin folded his own pad back into his robes and stood. Dipped his head at the Vanir rep and walked out.

“Thank you for your time, Mr. Kuhn. We’ll be in touch.”

Teheron rose as well; no nod there. (After a lifetime, manners leak.)

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Nadir"]

The droid stood from the table. "I'm sure you will."

It was a bit of a cocky statement, but that was to be expected from someone like Alric Kuhn. From what Rigor understood of his creator, the man had always been somewhat of an arrogant ass. For some reason people found it charming, though the droid had no idea why that actually was.

Organics were strange.

"Until next time." The droid stated simply, offering a smile before quickly heading out of the restaurant.

There was much still to do today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom