Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extremely Interesting Theory on Rey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu56bOmthZc&channel=UCjawp9lXcERESJ8fYVMwvPQ​
Personally, I think this would be an incredible story telling move on Disney's part if that's what they are going for. It may be all coincidences, but there's no denying the eeriness of the theory when you consider Maz Kanata's dialogue, "I have lived long enough to see the same eyes in different people".​
It may not have been in reference to Rey, but it would create an incredibly powerful theme for the rest of the saga, which follows the Birth, Death, and Rebirth of the Chosen One.​
What are your thoughts on the matter?​

[member="Spencer Jacobs"] - The Chosen One.

But seriously.

It's interesting, but doubtful.

She could be the one who is to fulfill the prophecy - I mean, these prophecies are just downright, cryptic.

Also, I can't find any source material on this.

DSC04353.jpg

Someone tore the page out of my book!

:lol:

Perhaps it's not decided yet. But I thought Rey would be related to Uncle Snoke simply because it would be more unexpected.

Finn's familiar eyes could hark back to anyone who Maz outlived, but if she's staying mum it's probably not someone good.

I doubt she is anyone other than herself with a link to one of the big generations of heroes across the films. A re-incarnation would feel very....cheap to me. After 30 years, Anakin is re-incarnated as a girl. No I can't, and won't buy that, even for Star Wars. We've had Anakin's journey and it's over - he doesn't get a second chance and we deserve someone new; Rey.

The fact Rey has a gift for fighting, or can use the Force after a while, and Leia looks at her in a way that means something? Please. This is called "clutching at straws". She's learnt how to fight because she has no-one to look after her. She knows how to pilot because she's lived around ships and junk and spacers for her teenager years. She uses the Force well because, unlike the older Jedi, she doesn't make it complicated and simply lets it flow through her - like Luke did deflecting blaster bolts on the Falcon and destroying a superweapon in the space of days. And if Leia looks at her warmly, maybe it's because she is the closes link to Han and Luke she has left, and she was with her husband when he died and now considers her family?

Sorry...I just hate these "theories" when it's just people linking what they can from TFA to the prequels. Why JJ and Disney would go back over 50 years in the timeline to continue characters we thought we'd left behind doesn't sit right with me.

I love the fact we can't be sure who yet, and that's just what I'll be back to find out more in EpVIII.

Rant over.

Personally, I don't think Anakin was the Chosen One however. I believe the prophecy itself is the way to know. He was supposed to bring peace to the Force etc. Did Ani do this? No. Did Luke? Yes.

Matreya said:
Personally, I don't think Anakin was the Chosen One however. I believe the prophecy itself is the way to know. He was supposed to bring peace to the Force etc. Did Ani do this? No. Did Luke? Yes.

You can think that but you'd be wrong. The Clone Wars series, in a multi part episode series called the Mortis Trilogy, outright declares that Anakin is the Chosen One. This was also a set of episodes with Lucas' direct influence. However, the purpose of why he was the chosen one has nothing to do with Sith, at least in that episode and everything to do with these weird Force manifestations called the Father, Son and Daughter. He was intended to replace the Father and keep the son and daughter in balance.

[member="Selena Halcyon"]

Exactly. He didn't. Which means that the plans of the Father were never met, which entailed the prophecy continue as is. He did not bring peace. Rather he brought chaos and destruction. The one to fit the bill is Luke.

Isn't that what prophecies are? A for telling, generally of a singular person doing an act? That's like watching the Matrix and saying that Morpheous was actually the one, because part of the prophecy involved being removed from the programming.

You cannot indulge a single portion of it, without the whole. He was meant to bring peace. He did not. Therefore was not the Chosen One.

*shrug* put a lot of thought into it. If one man is supposed to do something, but doesn't, he does not succeed. So can't be him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom