Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Extra Dimensional Conductor, Mark I

Status
Not open for further replies.
pUOhpVV.jpg

qm9EqBs.gif

QyXwMdz.gif

k0kCImU.gif

• Power Generation: The X.D. Conductor is capable of generating power by siphoning it from a different dimension than our own via an Extra Dimensional Induction Field (X.D.I.F.).
  • Hardy Construction: Due to the nature of the power generation process, the design and construction of each Conductor are over-engineered to ensure continued operation, longevity, and resistance to outside disruption.
  • Power Compatibility: Power transmitted or stored for later use by the X.D.C. is compatible with almost all current technology, or can be utilized with appropriate converters to be compatible with many non-standard technologies.

WVCVDbo.gif

• Limitless Power for a Greater Tomorrow!* Hair dryer? Energy shield? The entire series of Naughty Twi'lek on Nar Shaddaa? Whatever you need power for, and however much it takes, you can be sure the X.D.C. will provide!
  • Environmentally Friendly!** Zero pollution resulting from the operation and use of power generated by the X.D.C. Your grand-children won't be paying for this later!
  • Availability Guaranteed!*** The X.D.C. is capable of constant up-time with the source of power not subject to weather, geological, or spatial disruptions.
  • Straight Into Your Home!**** Power generated can be transmitted by direct connection, remote transmission, or by fuel cell depending on use and interruption tolerances.
  • Safe For The Whole Family!***** No 'stray' emissions, signals, or radiation. Safe for use around babies, pets, and most other lifeforms.

d9UjZkZ.gif

• * While capable of producing more than enough power for a ship or a planetary region, limiters prevent tapping into limitless energy reserves of another dimension due to the potential for the Mark I X.D.C. to become stuck in a self-sustaining feedback loop. Should a X.D.C. enter such a loop the amount of power continues to grow without limit posing serious physical harm and death to all life in the nearby region.
  • ** All personnel are to remain inside the marked safety corridors at all times while the Mark I X.D.C. is operational. Failure to follow established safety procedures may result in the loss of life or limb. In the event of the former there will be no remains to return to surviving family members; we hope this imparts the seriousness of this announcement.
  • *** While the Mark I X.D.C. itself in generating power is not subject to most forms of interruption (such as ION), the means of transmitting that power may be disrupted if suitable precautions were not taken during construction of the grid.
  • **** The Mark I X.D.C. requires considerable space and is best utilized on larger vessels, space stations, and power stations.
  • ***** Party Favors is not responsible for improper usage of X.D.C. generated energy resulting in electrocution or other bodily harm.

ZODkd0i.gif

In the region of space near Abraxas, while the Confederacy fought to impose Law over Lawlessness, Cali Ziiva aboard the G.C.S. Couverture discovered a localized disturbance in the space-time continuum. Naturally, the ship moved to investigate after a probe mysteriously dropped off sensors while pursuing the cause. It took quite a bit of effort and no small amount of probes and other equipment sacrificed on the altar of Science, but in time the hitherto unknown phenomenon was understood on a preliminary basis.

Further research was performed to understand how the phenomena worked and interacted with our own physical universe. As whatever entered the field did not return nor emit any appreciable energy, Cali proposed -- with the help of the scientific community -- that the matter or energy entering was leaving the system. It was a fundamental breakdown of the conservation of energy. Which could mean a total collapse of the known universe if such a field were to begin growing -- say, if some form of quantum tunneling occurred in the region causing the phenomena to grow exponentially! Naturally, there were concerns.

While researching the means to ensure the such a calamity doesn't happen, however, Cali set off busily researching how to use the new-found knowledge that bridging dimensions was possible. More importantly, bridging them was possible and that energy could be extracted through such a bridge. The implications were staggering! Conservation of energy only countered when you were dealing with energy all ready inside of the known universe system. If you pulled energy in from outside of that system you could have potentially limitless energy for whatever you wanted! Sure, others fudged physics using The Force and Kyber and Nether and stuff, but this was her breakthrough in how to skirt the Laws of Physics.

When King Adron Malvern Adron Malvern of Illyria proposed making Cali the planet's Chief Manufacturing Consultant, the Zeltron brought along a tiny fuel cell to demonstrate her skill as an Engineer. Once extended the position, she set to work constructing the first Extra Dimensional Conductor (Mark I X.D.C.) to begin manufacturing greater supplies of Extra Dimensional Energy (X.D.E.) fuel cells for use in various infrastructure projects. A powerful source of energy that wouldn't contribute to pollution and would alleviate the expensive import of outside material or fuels was exactly what the planet needed. For reasonable expenses, of course, which would decrease in time as Illyria began exporting more product into the wider galactic community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom