Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Explosive Introductions

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Patrolling around the outskirts of Sith space was hardly a quiet or peaceful affair. The occasional pirate ship, lost merchants, even just random travelers, all of them drifted too close for comfort and had to be scared off or taken care of one way or another. Unfortunately Alisteri and his Altorius had been the ones tasked to be on patrol this time. It was hardly the most exciting of duties to be tasked with, until the shooting began at least.

Thankfully the exciting part of patrolling was quick to come about for the Sith and his crew. A ship, not marked by any specific faction or group, had appeared on the frigate's sensors and just like that the chase had begun. By the time that the unmarked ship had noticed their fast approaching enemy, the Altorius was already upon them. The first volley tore into the engines of the ship as the frigate sped behind it before circling around to make a second attack run, the shields of the civilian ship just barely able to withstand the second volley.

The Altorius moved in close as the firing continued, transport shuttles soon flying out from the hangar and crossing the space between the two vessels as lasers flew past them. Whether by airlock or hull breach the shuttles found their drop-off points and the boarding began in earnest. Alisteri himself carved an entrance into the airlock closest to the bridge and stepped into the halls of the ship as alarms rang out and the crew and passengers alike rushed to try and find safety.

Behind the Sith, and from the other shuttles that had landed, came the Legionnaires with their weapons at the ready. "Search the ship. Capture any who will surrender and kill whoever will not. I want to figure out why they're here."

Atramilitis

Atramilitis

A
Tags: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Word of the Sith gathering power in the Outer Rim was slow to reach Atramilitis. He had been trying his best to track down news of other darksiders, but he somehow had ended up in the Core Worlds where all the talk seemed to be of the Brotherhood of the Maw. A senseless savage group that held little interest to Atra. They seemed focused on chaos and crazy rituals of death, not true domination of the galaxy.

Finally word of an Order centered on Jutrand reached Atra’s ears and he started his search for a way to the Outer Rim, hopefully a jumping point to the new Sith Order. The ship he slipped aboard was bound for Tosste, just off the Rimma Trade Route, and within what was understood to be Sith Space. It would likely take another ship to get him to the heart of Sith Space, but that was acceptable. The trip from the Core to Tosste had been enough for him to wish he had been a bit more choosey, but that could no longer be helped.

Atra growled as the ship started to buck due to the attack outside. Part of him wished to make his presence known and cut down the crew, but he couldn’t fly the ship and he wasn’t sure who was firing at them. So he waited patiently. Atra heard the unmistaken sound of pressure locks being released and felt the power of the darkside of the Force. For a moment he let the feeling wash over him and then he stood to find the source.

As Atra exited the cargo bay one of the other crew was fleeing a small group of soldiers. Atra didn’t feel power coming from the soldiers, but he guessed they were tools of the one who did wield the dark side. Reaching out with the Force, Atramilitis nonchalantly tossed the crew member back towards the soldiers and followed himself.

The Togruta growled at the lead soldier. “A gift," he said with a grin behind his cloak. "You will take me to your leader,” he said it with force as his powers pressed on the soldier's mind.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Tags: Atramilitis

The Legionnaires were quick to raise their weapons at the interloper, their helmets masking confusion as he threw one of their quarries back at them. That was certainly a new reaction to their presence. The leader of the squad was easy to manipulate though, his blaster rifle dropping back to a more relaxed stance at the command. "We will take you to our leader. Grab that one too."

After a moment of confusion from both parties, two of the Legionnaires holstered their blasters and grabbed up the crewmate as the leader turned and began marching back the way that they had came with his squad in tow. All throughout the ship similar scenes of surrender, capture, or execution were being played out in the halls and rooms that the group passed by. The Legionnaires held no Force Sensitivity, but they acted just as ruthless and precise as any Sith in their position would.

Their training had ensured that.

The marching soldiers eventually led to the freighter's bridge, where the inside appeared more like a massacre than a battle. Bodies of crew members lied all around, some in more than one piece due to the blade of a lightsaber, some strewn across their consoles like they had been shot whilst at their stations, others littered around in clear attempts of escape. The captain of the freighter lay dead in two halves at the feet of the room's only living figure, and Alisteri turned to face the squad and their guest as he deactivated his lightsaber.

"Did you find one willing to talk? The captain hadn't been much help in discerning the course of this wayward vessel." The masked Sith crossed his arms behind his back as he regarded the Togruta, looking him up and down for a moment before giving the squad a dismissive gesture which made them leave the room.

With the two figures left alone, Alisteri actually chuckled. "So, I'm assuming you're the one that lead this lot to our space then? What, did your warlord or master not give you a ship to come back on from your latest mission? Sloppy work, even if all these loose ends have just been tied up."

Atramilitis

A

As the Legionnaires led the way through the ship, a crooked, sneering smile appeared on Atramilitis’ face. The fear, panic and death of the others aboard were feeding his dark energies. It was wonderful to feel after so long locked away in the cargo hold with business as usual taking place on the rest of the ship. He was barely able to keep himself from laughing as he was led onto the bridge.

The bridge was even a more glorious display of power than what was taking part on the rest of the ship. Atramilitis instantly noted the work of a lightsaber. Not his favorite tool, but one that created quite the scene for whoever would be set to clean this mess up. In the middle was a cloaked and masked man. Obviously the source of the dark side power Atramilitis has sensed. So obvious that the members of the crew had to know what was coming when he stepped foot on the bridge.

“I was leading this you think?” Atra scoffed as he tried to drill into the man who stood before him. Not with the Force, but just with his eyes. Trying to see what was in front of him. A master? A servant? It was hard to tell with the dark side. Whatever this being was, he would be a much quicker route to the Sith Order than Atramilitis had been on previously.

“No,” the Togruta said with a shake of his head. “These are not my people. Merely a means to an end. It was not an ill-planning Master who had me lowering myself to accepting their transport, but a galaxy that has lost its direction towards darkness.”

Atra gave a bit of a growl. “My former master turned me loose on the galaxy long ago, but other than a so called Brotherhood of chaos dealers I was unable to find a good place to cultivate the darkness that has been burning within me for so long I can’t remember anything else. Word reached me of the new Order that has started on the Outer Rim. Now it seems I have arrived in the correct place.”

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

The response actually seemed to surprise Alisteri, his head inclining slightly and his stance shifting as he realized that he wasn't speaking with some wayward Apprentice of the Sith Order. Rather the Togruta before him was someone merely aligned with the Dark Side. How interesting. At least now he wouldn't have to deal with some upstart Acolyte.

"I see. You've come far to find us if you spent any time alongside the Maw then. Do tell me, how did word get out about our existence here in the Outer Rim?" A pause, and then he held up his hand before the other could respond. "Actually don't tell me, it was probably some loud mouth mercenary or Hutt that started blathering on." The Sith sighed and turned back to face away from the Togruta as he thought.

Any confirmation of their existence was problematic, all loose ends had to be kept as mere rumors or drunken ramblings at best and any others had to be silenced. And one of those loose ends was now standing behind him. After a moment he turned his head to glance at his apparent guest.

He could feel the presence of the Dark Side in the Togruta, that much was certain even if it wasn't something that had been fully cultivated yet. Alisteri clicked his tongue, knowing that any sort of Maw or Jedi spy wouldn't have such a similar feel about them. Perhaps his story was true then, as much as it could be anyway.

"First of all, we are not a 'new' order. We are the order." The masked man spun back around to face his guest as he spoke. "I am Darth Strosius, servant of the Dark Side and Knight of the Sith. I, as well as many others in our order, served in the Sith Empire which had united most if not all Sith within the galaxy for years. An empire which was torn apart by both internal and external enemies, none of which have received justice for their crimes. Do not let the warlords fool you, regardless of what they say we are all scrambling to restore the Empire in our own ways and visions."

He stepped forward, approaching the shorter man and stopping barely a foot away. "So tell me then, traveler. Who are you to offer your allegiance to such a grand order? Who are you to desire the honor of the title Sith?"

Atramilitis

A

Atramilitis noted the surprise in the aura of the being addressing him. The Togruta wondered what in his explanation was unexpected. He had to know that the re-emergence of Sith would at least lead to whispers. So maybe it was the fact that there was a lone darksider who heard of the Maw and ran the other way. Whatever it was, didn’t matter much at this point.

“I don’t mind spilling the beans about the whispers that I heard,” Atra responded with a shrug. “And I don’t think it’s much of a threat. I’m a gambler when I run out of credits. There are many fools who think that a Togruta isn’t smart enough to beat them. Most of them I could wipe clean without using the Force, but that wouldn’t be very fun now would it. Those types of fools talk. Some make their way to other parts of the galaxy,” Atra laughed and pointed to the parts of the captain. “The Captain is a bad gambler from Mala and as he loses he drinks. As he drinks he talks. Seems like one of his friends had information about Sith in the area. He thought it was ridiculous, but I like to thoroughly check these things out. Especially when I learned he was returning to the area.”

Atramilitis could sense the annoyance in Darth Strosius’ words when talking about the newness of the Sith movement. It made Atramilitis smirk, though he bowed his head and apologized. “It is good to meet you, Darth Strosius. I apologize for miscategorizing the Sith Order. I am Atramilitis, or that is what my Master dubbed me when she considered me ready to return from the shadows.”

The talk of an Empire of Sith that imploded was one he’d heard many times in his travels. He was either too young or out of reach during those times. “My Master warned me that Empires as you speak of were dangerous in nature. But she encouraged me to seek the truth for myself. I am an acolyte of the Dark. Student of Sith practices of old. I seek knowledge of what a true Sith is in this galaxy, knowing that it is not in the Brotherhood of the Maw. I seek the truth and I seek power. And I pledge my support to those who can show me the way to these things.”

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

"When discussing matters of the Sith, a whisper is more than enough to justify death. I'll have someone look into these whispers and rumors later." His master wasn't going to be happy about the news, but even he had to admit that it wasn't surprising. It was only a matter of time that the re-emergence of the Sith Order would get out one way or another. Alisteri still blamed the Hutts and all their little hired hands, but that was for another time. Right now he had a far more present and pressing situation to deal with.

The masked man nodded as he listened to Atramilitis, his gaze idly running up and down the Togruta as he spoke. "Your master was wise. Empires are indeed a dangerous thing, if one finds themselves to be an enemy of one." He spoke low and personal, as if in warning, before he stepped back and turned to face the wide viewport of the ship. "You're no spy that's for sure. So for the moment I shall take you at your word Atramilitis. Although, I don't know if you fully comprehend exactly what you're pledging yourself for."

Alisteri chuckled again and glanced back at the Acolyte from over his shoulder. "But you will." With that he looked over the control consoles and terminals that he had been standing in front of for a few moments, checking over the status of the ship. "Looks like she's in just enough of a condition to be flown around, a bit anyway. Luckily they didn't place the hyperdrive too close to the rear." He stepped back from the consoles and moved past Atramilitis, his arms crossed behind his back as he walked.

"I trust that you can get any belongings that you may have quickly yes? You'll be riding with me aboard my ship while my soldiers tow this one along behind us. We have plenty to discuss about your future, Acolyte." He stepped outside into the hallway and dismissed the two Legionnaires guarding the door with a nod, letting them go on their way as he turned to head towards the airlock that they had boarded from.

Atramilitis

A

Darth Strosius seemed quite perturbed by the existence of rumors concerning the return of the Sith Order. Atramilitis wondered if this was a good or bad sign when it came to the group. Did they wish to remain secret so that they can build strategic strength and then descend upon the galaxy in force? Or were they just scared minions of the Dark Side with no real direction? That was something that would require more experience with the group to know.

Atra scoffed a bit at Strosius calling his Master wise. He was sure the Sith Lord was correct, but Atramilitis still didn’t understand the reason for her methods. She was stronger than the Sith that stood before him. Yet she hid away from the galaxy, giving him half trainings and vague warnings. For what? “My old Master was wise, but ancient. Perhaps that is why she hides away and selectively chooses students. I think that she warned against joining, not crossing these organizations. History says they will eventually implode, killing any who aren’t strong enough to fend for themselves.”

The Togruta Force adept laughed at the idea of him being a spy. “I’m quite happy that I do not have to worry about you being so insanely paranoid that you believe all outsiders to be spies. This cloak is not to hide for purposes of spying. My pledge is to the Dark Side,” Atra answered with a smirk. “If the Sith Order is able to help me to fulfill that pledge I shall endure the hardships it takes. You’ll not find me a weak being Lord Strosius.”

It seemed that the Sith wished to take the ship. To the victor go the spoils. And Atramilitis had no use for it. “I travel very light,” Atra responded to the statement about belongings. “I’m ready to depart when you are Lord Strosius.”

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

"Then she has no faith in what a truly unified Sith could do." In the defense of Atramilitis's mysterious master, she wasn't wrong. The last Sith Empire certainly didn't collapse from enemies alone, but rather plenty of internal struggles and problems as well that all boiled over until there was nothing left to fight for. The current state of the Sith Order was hardly a unified one either, but it was still together. For now anyway. "Believe me when I say that it is not only the strong that survive such things. Unfortunately there are many that are simply lucky."

Some that were far too lucky for his tastes.

"If you were a spy your approach would not have been so bold. Only outsiders trying to sneak around are suspect enough to warrant interrogation. This ship was merely trespassing." Alisteri spoke fairly matter-of-factly, as if it were something obvious or simple.

"And it is not Lord Strosius, it is Knight Strosius if you wish to use titles." He'd rather not be counted amongst that group of Sith yet. Not while there was so much shame and corruption still evident in it. Perhaps one day he would claim the title of Dark Lord and be addressed as such, but for now he had no ideas like that in his head. It was better to stay under the radar when the affairs of warlords were so prevalent, and he had already done too much to be in the spotlight anyway.

Alisteri led the way to the airlock and across the threshold into the Altorius, Legionnaires beginning to line up in formation and follow after their leader after a few more minutes had passed. "Oh, and Atramilitis? You'll be sticking by my side during our trip to Jutrand. Because if I catch you manipulating my soldiers again...well you saw what happened to the crew." His tone was surprisingly casual despite the threat. "Do feel free to ask all the questions swirling in your mind, I'd hate for our journey to be conducted in silence."

Atramilitis

A

“My former Master said that the Sith cannot truly unite,” Atramilitis said with little emotion. As he spent time in the galaxy by himself he was beginning to wonder how many of the ancient woman’s warnings were true and how many had been true a millenia ago and now were obsolete. From what Atra had learned however even recent attempts to bind the Sith into a group had failed. And most of the failure was due to the nature of the Sith. Always looking to take more power. “I will hope to be strong and lucky then.”

The announcement that his tactic of going straight to the leader of the assault had made it apparent that he was no spy, Atramilitis held no delusion that he would not be view with suspicion until such time that he had proved himself an asset to someone within the Order. Was this Sith the one to teach him more of the Force and show him the way? Or merely a guide to find Atramilitis’ true mentor? Only time would tell. “I assure you that any interrogation would be answered with strength and truth. And your initial thought that I am not a spy would be confirmed.”

Atramilitis nodded at being corrected to a differing title. “Apologies. My knowledge of Sith titles is out of date it seems.” Strosius then announced that Atra would be required to stay by his side. It brought a smirk to the Togruta’s mouth. “Soldiers are a means to an end. I needed them to bring me to you. I have achieved that goal. Your toy soldiers’ minds are now safe from me I assure you. As to questions…I’m curious. What is the leadership structure of this Order? At this point I am still but a learner. I will need a mentor. I wish to have the best.”

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

Alisteri clicked his tongue in reaction to the remark, already deciding that the old master of his was someone that he had no intention of encountering. With any luck she had become unlucky herself and wasn't around to poison anymore young minds. "Again, a lack of faith. That is something that many of the higher Sith share." Too little faith and too great ambition, for themselves and not for the Sith as a whole, those were the two markers of the 'great Sith' of their time. For now anyway.

"If there was any doubt that you weren't then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Many have tried to breach past the black outs that we have cultivated in these recent days, thus far none have succeeded. Or lived to tell the tale if they have." He doubted that their shroud would last for much longer though, not with the Mandalorians and the Hutts growing ever more prominent as of late. It would only be a matter of time until the galaxy realized that the Sith had returned to them. And so much bloodshed would follow that revelation regardless of how it came about.

The masked man shrugged at the apology and crossed his arms behind his back. "Your knowledge has not failed you in that regard. My master bestowed the title of Darth upon me when she knighted me, but she is unique in such a practice." His head cocked to the side at the remark and he looked back at Atramilitis over his shoulder. "You would do well not to refer to my soldiers in such a manner. They are not toys or tools, but believers and warriors just as dedicated to the Sith as any Acolyte."

The hallways of the Altorius were surprisingly dim despite the ship's full functionality, the lighting giving the halls a more cloistered appearance as a result. "Currently the Sith Order is headed by a Triumvirate made up of the three most powerful Sith in the galaxy. The Twice-Emperor Carnifex, the heir of the Worm Emperor Darth Empyrean, and my master Darth Ophidia. There are more than a few Sith that are more independent but we all agree, for now, that the Triumvirate keeps us united. Until they decide to kill one another again anyway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom