Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expedition Beskar Point

I am looking to acquire some Beskar and would like to see if any of you scallywags and miscreants would like to join me, or oppose me i havn't decided where to go yet.

I would really, really advise against going to any Major Faction controlled planet without approaching them and clearing it first.... Otherwise it's going to be taken as an extremely hostile act by the Mandos (they're kinda territorial) and you're likely to be swarmed and beaten to a pulp. Which would get you some phrik at the least!

[member="The Traveler"]

[member="The Traveler"]

I'm interested, but if you just stormed in and tried to grab yourself some Besksr, you would get the shit beat out of you.

Unless, if that's what you're aiming for, go right ahead!

[member="The Traveler"]
Lemme rephrase Ijaat's statement. Give the FL a heads up so we can organize a reasonable response. That way, its fair and fun for both sides. Otherwise, you may get two dozen Mandos facing one guy and even Like Skywalker would be asking for a furlough at that lol

It's less we're territorial and more we don't like surprises.

[member="Lord Eclipsion"] Discretion is credited as the better part of valor, the reality is that it is the wiser mans path. The path of least resistance is the path that power flows through and that is what i intend to go through.

[member="Kezeroth the Beholder"] The Thief that comes in the night and scurries about the house is often the least fortuitous of vagabonds. The thief that can take what he wishes without you becoming the wiser is the one who makes continuous profit.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] I wouldn't dream of not announcing my intent and having some resistance and plot. It is what makes the role play the most fun for all.

[member="The Traveler"] - If you're really doing it up and up and won't gripe when it's not an easy fight (most mando beskar mines are going to be owned by one of a few companys ICly, and are all pretty fortiified) then I think you're golden.. The last incident like this soured me on such ventures, as those in question showed up without warning and it was quite a debacle.

Ijaat Akun said:
[member="The Traveler"] - If you're really doing it up and up and won't gripe when it's not an easy fight (most mando beskar mines are going to be owned by one of a few companys ICly, and are all pretty fortiified) then I think you're golden.. The last incident like this soured me on such ventures, as those in question showed up without warning and it was quite a debacle.
[member="Ijaat Akun"] The Story is most relevant to me to be honest, and i am enjoy a good challenge. So long as the others don't have the mindset going in that they are just going to plain out stomp me i think there could be an enjoyable thread, Compromise and working together to reach the natural out come is where the fun comes from.

[member="Darth Kentarch"] That will make our task much easier, at least it will cut down the numbers of Mandalorians we would have to deal with if we are detected.

[member="The Traveler"]

I could come along with you for a mining thread, or to be more precise, guide you to a ore deposit and help you dig it up. It would probably reduce the amount of mando's trying to kill you, and somewhat advance Adenn's story (that story being under a lot of cover for right now, so don't expect me to say too much if you ask :p).

So, Adenn will basically take you to a vein of beskar in his backyard (he might have one hidden, I dunno), dig it up, then send you on your way… I know, simple, but you don't really want a mando coming after you while you are mining beskar (I mean you might, but…). Another idea could be The Traveler attempting to raid Mandalore, and Adenn comes and helps him out, calling him a friend or something, getting all/most the mango's off of his tail.

Sorry if those are gibberish, I'm typing in somewhat a hurry, and I cannot help it for some reason.

[member="Lord Eclipsion"] Everyone is welcome, it will tkae a decent party to pull this off with enough post to justify all involved getting enough if we pull it off. Win or loose, we can always try again later lol.

[member="The Traveler"]

Three things to consider in attempting to get Besk'ar when you're not a Mandalorian.

1.) Besk'ar is an iron ore. Getting besk'ar is one thing, crafting it is secrets safe guarded on penalty of death itself by the Mando'ade. Just because you get your hands on it, doesn't mean you'll be able to do anything with it.

2.) Acquisiton of Besk'ar can certainly be a fun story-line. If you want to go up against the Mandos, feel free to try your hand. Others have, and they have also failed. We're very territorial about the stuff. I'd suggest the Primeval's world of Echol'ya, which is a place you could mine some. You'd probably fare better.

3.) There are plenty of other materials out there that are a solid comparison. The reason people run to Besk'ar is because it's top grade, but think about how much your character actually needs top level armor. Who are you fighting? For an example, even Azrael went into battle in training gear, and survived the Dark Harvest without beskar'gam. It also made it more interesting.

Matreya

[member="Azrael"] [member="The Traveler"]

I am...well were an avid Beskar smith. I can help on that end. Being originally a Mando helped this character to that end.

[member="Damien Daemon"] Yes, the on again - off again, returned, removed, the thrice left Dar'Manda.

Why does he even need to try and steal this Damien - you're in the Primeval, your faction owns Echol'ya...Doesn't make sense to go about it this way.

Matreya

*gestures to gathered crowd* see? I'm remembered! Own it! Lol

And i could see why, the story would be awesome. Besides I could always use more threads lol.

[member="Azrael"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom