Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Expectations

Dominik expected the bright flash from his blaster. He stood in a dark alleyway and knew the flash would hurt his eyes. Dominik expected the body of the murderer to fall to the ground. Dominik had timed his shot with the loud rumble of a hovertruck going by, masking any noise.

It was another dark day in the undercity of Coruscant. Level 1544. A high number, but low on the totem pole on the planet. Dominik let out a long breath as he looked at the scumbag on the ground. The man had killed his friend over greed, a couple thousand credits.

In his off time, Dom had found himself being somewhat of a vigilante in the underworld of Coruscant. Had worked with a Mandalorian a while back to take out a gang robbing a weapons factory, and it had informed Dom just how much of his fighting tactics and abilities he still possessed. With no other direction, he had taken a few bounties under the table or gone after filth like this guy.

But Dominik did not expect her to walk up to him. It had been over a decade since he had seen or heard from her, courtesy of the bacta tank he was left in for that entire space of time. But now she just... was here.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

Stardust had many eyes and ears out among the galaxy now, no more dif the twilek need to scurry herself to find out about things, she had those loyal to her and the cult that followed her that could go out at her mere word. Such a thing brought a tidbit of information to her that normal star would disregard but the description of the person they spoke of making it hard for them to move around the lower levels of coruscant among the gangs and scum, this prompted her to make immediate departure from lahos to the planet, Dominik borra....the man was dead star was sure of it...yet someone had his face and star would be damned if they used it!

Descending down stardust did nothing to hide the fact she was a twilek, nor did she hide the fact she was heavily armed, walking through the street her voidstone ring came off and the presence of a dragon filled the street making many scurry away as she walked. Among the many souls here she could feel one signature that was familiar and began towards it, she made it just in time to watch the body fall and then stood there staring the man down...that was his face no doubt though a little older...reaching a hand to her side she drew her blaster

you know, I've seen plenty if ghost in my time, I wonder always if its truely a ghost or not

Dominik stood there, blinking as he heard her voice and saw her face. The shock of it almost kept him from seeing her gun. Instincts screamed at him to raise his weapon, to fire before she could. But he was pretty sure he would lose that fight. She was a great fighter ten years ago, and she had ten years more to develop and grow stronger. He had basically skipped forward in time.

He kept his gun pointed at the ground. "Star, you're... alive?" He breathed. He kept his feet where they were. If she was smart, she would shoot him before he got close enough to take the blaster. "By the force, if you weren't pointing a blaster at me I'd think that you were the ghost." He looked at her face and height and body posture more closely, as much as he could with the limited light. "You don't look like you've aged much, to be honest. Maybe you're the ghost." Except no ghost or someone claiming to be her would track him down and claim him to be a ghost, that logic didn't track. He was far more willing to accept that Stardust was in fact standing before him.

Her eyes narrowed, adjusting to the low light she began to scan his form carefully keeping a neutral open form to not give away her next move. though what may come as a surprise star lifted a finger and dom could likely feel himelf almost freeze in place! walking closer her blaster raised in the event he had a trick up his sleeve, soon she was inches away peering into his eyes, soon she relaxed and released him as she let a heavy breath out

By the force...dominik borra...10 years you fething know that right...ten bloody years you just disappeared from the face of the galaxy. yet your here before me in the flesh and not some HRD or clone, I know your signature very well.

she visibly relaxed and holstered her blaster, glancing around she frowned a bit what a hell of a place to have a reunion in this filth

we should move, no doubt the scavengers will get bold and try to take us, do you have a safe place to go or stay?

Dominik recognized her raised finger, her body posture, her focus, as the sign of The Force about to be used. He was trained and had experience in force users and recognizing when they used their powers, but he couldn't tell what they were about to do. Force Users were always 'bad news' level of dangerous, and one using the force on you was never a good sign. Just because he had known Star ten years ago didn't mean he knew her now. In the space of her lifting her finger and using the force, Dom had raised his blaster and began pulling the trigger. His whole body froze with the trigger halfway pulled. He had begun to move away, slightly leaning back and his legs tensed to push himself towards a door of a building.

Then she raised her blaster, aiming at him as she got closer. Feth. Dom tried to break the hold on him, but his own limbs refused to work. It was as if he was sealed in carbonite. He could get his muscles to flex a little, and if he tried hard enough a single toe could flex against the bottom of his boot but nothing more. She got closer and he kept trying, straining against the force that held him. There was some amount of give but it measured in millimeters. He wasn't sure why she hadn't just shot him and be done with him, but she got close enough to look into his eyes, and he into hers.

He had seen the eyes of those who wanted him dead. These weren't it. They weren't sad eyes either, but curious and searching. Eventually, she seemed satisfied and released him, that powerful grip on his whole body releasing at once. If she wanted to confirm it was him, then maybe she wasn't hostile. He made sure to pull his finger off the trigger and take in a breath, lowering the weapon.

He looked up at her, brows furrowed. "Disappeared? I was left in a bacta tank for ten years, I didn't just run away or something. Free Colonies, James Justice, remember? I don't know what happened to them, but I was left there. Woke up not too long ago."

Her next question made him come back to the present situation. "Closest actual safehouse of mine is on level 4, not exactly close. I know a place we can hunker down for a minute or two though."

I remember them very well, that was over a decade or so ago, james is gone last I knew he was dying. The others are either dead or staying out of sight

Her blaster holstered, glancing around a bit she put her ring on and her signature shrunk. At the same time the heya in the area seemed to go away and stardust stood up

we dont have a minute or two sadly, not enough time to speak, seems we are heading to level 4 then

She gave a smirk at dominik before turning and began walking away from the alleyway before turning to look at him

you coming? I'd hate to leave a ghost to the reaper

She could see a few scum staring them down especially her standing in that armor and carrying some fine looking blasters

Dominik was still surprised by this whole ordeal. James was gone, dead. He started to remember some of the crazy adventures they had when Star broke him out of it. "Yeah, follow me." He said before flipping up the collar of the jacket he was wearing and passed her, walking down the shadier streets. He had been using his safehouse as a place to live as well. He had gone to it almost nightly for the past while.

After some wordless travel and many elevators that traveled faster than the speed of gravity, They reached the last habitable level of Coruscant: Level 5.
Everything here looked cobbled together with scrap metal and then abandoned, massive pillars the size of entire military bases holding up the levels above them. There wasn't a single soul they passed on their way to an alleyway. Dom pulled a low vent cover off the wall. "Going to have to squeeze, sorry." He said before slipping into the ventilation shaft. It was wide enough for a person a little thicker than Dom to get into, maybe even wearing armor.

That would lead them down into the seeming basement of a building. A small room with two doors. One door was open but the hallway was filled with metal and rock rubble, having collapsed in on itself. The other door was shut. On the side of the room opposite the collapsed hallway sat a metal desk, rusted over with time. Dom pulled a drawer open and produced a single old-style gas mask. There was a filter attached but he changed it out for another one in the same drawer.

"That suit can seal itself, I hope. Otherwise, I hold you can hold your breath." He walked to another corner of the room where a few pieces of trash were set and pulled out a sturdy steel pipe, hidden there. "You should seal your suit now." He warned her, putting on his gas mask before using the pipe to wrench open the door with the ease of someone who's done this every day. The door slid away into the wall revealing a staircase that descended downwards, and the smell of toxic fumes wafted up it. He pulled out a flashlight and turned it on, walking down the staircase a little. If Star followed him, he'd slid shut the door behind them, trapping them in suffocating darkness.

The staircase went down an entire level, to level 4. The toxic fumes became thick and would choke anyone who tried to breathe it. At the bottom, Dom flicked on a light switch after hitting a green button on the wall. Immediately, a large fan behind a grate in the ceiling began whirring quickly. "Fan system replaces the toxins with air from level 6. In a minute we'll be good to breathe." He reported.

The room was a small concrete box. Four large heavy-duty crates sat in the corner, closed up tight. There was a singular sleeping cot in the corner and a pile of "add water" meals that produced meat and bread and other things with just a few drops of water, underneath the cot.

After a minute of waiting, there was a small beep from the button on the wall. "We're good now," Dom said before pulling off his gas mask. "So, you wanted to speak? Something that would take longer than a few minutes? I'm assuming whatever it is is why you came to find me?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom