Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion Strategy

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
There didn’t seem to be a thread devoted to forming a grand strategy, so I figured I would make one and throw my own two cents into the ring.

So I have read a little bit about expanding the boarders (scattered around 3 threads) with Dominion threads and I think collectively we’re going about it wrong. The worlds that seem to be on the Hit List (Gand, Tund) are far enough away from other powers that we don’t have to worry about anyone getting there first. Also what resources or strategic gain to we get from them? What I think we should do is drive down the Parlemian Trade Route to the Roche Asteroids then cut down to Togoria, Kashyyk, and then Tholarin and Ruusan. Establish that as a battle line. All the worlds behind that line are then ours to pick up without worrying about other factions expanding. To reemphasize, once our line is established we can easily pull back and dominion the worlds in the backfield at leisure. In addition it helps us contain and pin the Mandalorians in place. Also assuming we win Junction it puts us in an easy position to pinch the Gordian Reach cutting it off from Mandalore, and puts us in a position to threaten Mandalore itself.
This would be a general strategy, we'd have to figure out exact planets and split up into better organized teams and make sure posting is consistent (so threads finish in a timely blitzkrieg manner). But given the members we have I think it is doable. Thoughts? Comments? Insults?

PS I have now provided a hastily made map of the proposed invasion corridor:
expansionmap.jpg

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
It also has the added benefit of getting boarders closer together so that conflict will arise sooner rather than later which should only add to the interest of this board. If that happens we suck more members in and its really win win all around.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
That’s why I stopped the boarder at Ruusan I figured if we took that area we're big bad guys (which make things interesting) but we aren't this all-encompassing "wow clearly the Sith are going to win" threat. Like even I don't want the Sith Empire to get TOO big. Otherwise where be the fun in that?

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
I'd love to get some key locations, too. The Maw, Onderon, and Byss. Granted, I'm not 100% on rules for unclaimed locations and so on so I wouldn't know what we'd have to do to get to that point.

Lord Ghoul

L
We have to be careful not to overextend ourselves. We are already in a full blown war with the Mandalorians, which, from the state of the Junction invasion thread, could turn into a war of attrition. Realistically, the force used for these other Dominion threads would have to be small considering most of our resources are tied up keeping the metal-heads down. Just a thought.

Further thoughts:
Why don't we try to ally, or even unite, with the Imperial Remnant? We are both natural enemies of the Republic and Imperials hold no love for Mandalorians.

Is it possible we're expanding in the wrong direction? Taking Dac/Mon Calamari is a good idea, since it has huge shipyards that are quite valuable. However, thinking on Grand Scale tactics, I think we should stage a secret strike and take over Denon. It sits at the crux of the Hydian Way and the Corellian Run and would give us a massive political tool in terms of soft power (tariffs and trade embargos). It would also be a staging point if we wanted to invade Fondor or Corellia.

Thrawn did the same thing when fighting the Republic. Divide and Conquer - though that seems a bit contradictory to my above comment about conserving our resources. I mean simply that we should use our resources wisely. Getting a ton of planets is nice. But if they serve no strategic purpose then it makes no tactical sense. Rather than aiming to conquer an entire sector, taking just one planet could change the scales.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
A couple of notes about what my Apprentices and I are doing on the side:

Step a) Yup, Mon Cal's shipyards were just sitting there. It also gives us a large population of Amphi-Hydrus Darksiders to improve our techniques of influencing the minds of animals and people.

Step b) Gand gives us the Findsmen, who are already used to working with an authoritarian government. As far as Force tracking techniques go, the Gand are better than anyone but the Keedael (unless you happen to have a Nightsister blood trail on your target).

Step c) Tund gives us the entire Centrality (a region which the Empire industrialized with relative ease), including Oseon (one of the largest tourist destinations in the galaxy). It also gives us the Sorcerers of Tund.

Step d) Honoghr gives us freaking Noghri.

Step e) We either take Saki, right smack dab in the heart of Hutt Space, or we shrug and do a harder Dominion for Nal Hutta now that the corridor is complete. At this point, we bring everyone and their dog to heel. By approaching from the Rim, we've avoided problems of trade route interdiction -- and we've also avoided the whole issue of 'taking stuff that other people will take in a year.' We'll always have that territory.

My inclination is to say that any of those particular strategies would over-extend our lines and risk our forces being cut off. More to the point, capturing a world is no guarantee that it's population or resources will work to our benefit: certainly something like capturing Honoghr wouldn't necessarily give us Noghri, particularly since the vast majority of Noghri relocated to Wayland.

I think we'd be better off slipping around and attacking Generis, Dathomir and Agamar, gaining a foothold closer to the Core Worlds and cutting off the resources of those worlds for ourselves, particularly with regards to Dathomir - the Force energies concentrated there would no doubt make it far easier to maintain a foothold for us. Capturing Generis would give us control of the Outer Rim Communications Center there, and the benefits of obtaining Agamar speak for themselves: more agricultural resources = ability to supply a larger army, or to maintain our supply lines closer to the Core, without the risk of overextending said supply lines from our main territories.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
I mean there is a hundred different things we could do that makes sense. It doesn't really matter what as long as we are all on the same page. Although I will point out (because talking on Skype yea) we don't need to invade all these worlds to hold. The sith are perfectly capable of diplomacy. Also I almost want to make a Sith News Reporter/ Propagandist now. MEDIA COUP! "Impartial" news treatment. Join the Sith!

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Yeah to be honest if like fifty percent of our Dominion thread aren't straight up "I'm invading this planet" threads I'd be happy. It isn't that they aren't fun, but after you do like a few its like "uuuhg lets change this up."

Perhaps we also ought to consider pre-conquest threads: maybe writing 1-2 threads per planet as a means to lay the groundwork. Might also open up opportunities for the other factions to get involved. If those are successful, we launch a formal invasion. If not, we attempt more insidious means, and leave the Dominion until later. Might make it more complex, but perhaps a little more fun. It'll also drag it out more, so we're not conquering the entire Galaxy without doing the appropriate legwork.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Yeah. I mean while I want us to expand I don't want to take over half the Galaxy and have no one that could realisticaly oppose us (in terms of territory) because once again where is the fun in that? The fun in forums is conflict half the reason I suggested going the route I did was because it brings us closer to conflict real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom