Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excavating within your Soul (Crusaders)

Dromund Kaas

The jungles of Dromund Kaas were not forgiving. They would tear you apart were you not prepared for the worst possible circumstances. The Hunters with me I had told to prepare from their body, their mind, and their soul. This trip would not be forgiving. We had to collect materials within the planet that had been born of death and destruction. Taking a magazine out of the few I had, I clipped it into the rifle I carried with me. An underbarrel flamethrower attached to it, I made sure it was prepared as well.

Setting it between my legs, I loaded my Tir Blaster. Why was I reloading it now? Because I wanted to make sure the old charges in it were fresh, and the ammo wouldn't go bad on me. I never really liked blasters, but this one I liked. It was easy to carry, and use, but the charges on it could go bad if I didn't change them out every now and again. Lightsabers on my hip, and sword on my back.

Once that was done, I adjusted the mask across my face to be snug. While some among the Hunters have seen my face, those who have not did not deserve my trust yet. However, they trusted me enough to follow me into the "Valley of Death." That much showed me they could be depended on. They still had a ways to go.

Thalia was preparing her own self. Making sure the bag she had on her back was filled with provisions, and tools necessary for our trip. I had one sitting next to me as well. Should we be separated, I believed she could make it alive. Pressing my left hand to my ear, I gently pushed on the com link to the pilot.

"Hover at 10 meters. Leave when everyone is off. Return to rendezvous point in two days."
"Yes, sir."

The shuttle descended further into the jungle until he found an opening for us to repel from. Once he came down to 10 meters like I requested, I snapped on the rope to my gear, and slid down to the ground. Once I had, I didn't even take off the clip as I was making sure the area had no targets for me to shoot at.

Signalling down, Thalia and the others followed suit as I took my clip off. The ship leaving as promised, And leaving us to the sounds of the jungle.

"Let's move out."

I was serious in my job. If I was leading this group, then I had to do my best to do so. There was no joking from me. No quips about a song saying "Welcome to the Jungle." or even a snarky comment about how we were now in the depth of Nam. I simply walked forward with all the gear I was carrying jinggling on me.

[member="Adal Armina"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Keira Ticon"],

OOC: if any SJO wish to be opposition for us three, or possibly more members of the Crusade, PM Myself about it and we can talk.

"[member="Keira Ticon"] wants it made clear, this is a quiet op." Asha glanced over the group, then lifted her datapad so that its holoprojector brought up a readout of the area devastated by the attack. Since the Silvers had taken command, things had remained mostly quiet on Dromund Kaas. The Jedi had established a presence and helped with the relief effort, but the planet still reeled. The new Warmaster expressed interest in healing some of the wounds that Jedi failed to properly close. Her recent encounter with the Silver Jedi Connor Harrison had caused her to place nothing but doubt and lack of faith in their ability to defend it. This team was comprised of a cadre of her most trusted mercs.

She wanted to do a bit of investigation. That was Alkor's understanding. His shotgun lay across his lap and on his lower back, a black sheath rested. The twin hilts of his lightsabers hung visibly at either hip. "What she means to say is, avoid open conflict." The fallen Jen'jidai glanced up toward Asha, who locked eyes with him and scrunched up her face. "If they Jedi are made aware of our presence, we might have an annoying fight on our hands."

"I was getting to that," she dismissed him. "We don't want to incite war if we can help it. Find out what you can about the warzone, and find out more about the feelings of the people toward the Jetiise." It was a deeper portion of their space, isolated from Mandalore by several lightyears worth of Jedi influence. "After the debacle on Voss, the Warmaster wanted to follow up about the conditions of their holdings."

Alkor turned his gaze to Keira. "We do not have time to play philanthropist, Keira," he told her. "Jedi problems are Jedi problems."

"There are people there, Alkor," she said sternly. "Not Force users. Normal, noncombatant people. They deserve to have someone at least looking into this."

The Corellian exile looked pointedly away. Asha sighed.

"Are we being paid for the effort?" he asked. "Is there anything we stand to gain from this excursion?"

"Word has it that something was found after the catastrophe," she explained. "If we are able to find it, it might be beneficial to the Crusaders. It's mostly heresay from Keldabe, but it's worth looking into."

"Even if we are chasing at shadows," he stood abruptly and shouldered his shotgun. His weapons dangled and jumped with each step he took. Alkor followed [member="Atheus"] out into the jungle. "At least there is a point."

Helping people is not pointless, di'kut. Asha glanced over to Keira. "Be safe out there, bur'cya."

[member="Adal Armina"]

Why was she here, on a planet that many would try to avoid

Many reasons in fact, the thrust for adventure, a change of pace in life, and to learn about the mandalorians she had been hearing about for so long

And so, the 32 year old shipping boss wore some light armor, carried herself a small blaster, she had never kept a large amount of weapons around, she never really had a need to her men were usually armed well enough to defend the cargo and freighter

And so she sat amongst strangers, she was quiet alomg the trip, she would occasionally listen in on the people talking see if she could pick up anything, so far all she got was that they shouldn't opening attack any jedi....seemed fair enough she didn't really care for the Jedi at all, then again she didn't know herself that she was a force sensitive

When the time came she boarded off and followed behind [member="Alkor Centaris"] as she looked around careful, this place gave her the chills...but she would not falter

[member="Atheus"]

Rifle pointed down in front of me, I walked ahead of the group. It was my turn to lead. Considering the last few times I had been following Keira, and Alkor, It seemed right only for me to lead this time. Considering I was the one who needed this special mineral, It was I who had to lead. Anyone else wouldn't suffice. Alright, maybe Alkor could have lead it, but Keira likely didn't know where to go with this. Walking past trees and stepping over the roots that could have gone for the size of a tree on any other planet, I made sure to go at a pace that every one could keep up with. Considering that we had some newer members of the group who hadn't done something like this before, I wanted to at the very least, give them a chance to keep up.

​"Thalia, Coordinates?"
"Two more clicks east."

Chiming in in letting me know we had a little bit of a ways to walk. As much as I would have liked to just drop down into the area we wanted to be at, it was out in the open. This mineral was already being discovered by others. Currently, this location here was a company owned operation. The Silver Jedi have not yet started mining this. And I doubted they knew how to use this mineral. Even more so, it was known to conflict with the force connection of those near it. Even corrupt if the chance was given.

Thalia, becoming bored of our trek, had fallen back a little to try and talk to Alkor. She was trying to make conversation, but I doubted it would work. Considering he didn't really know her, and Alkor already had an annoying assistant on his own mind. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if he smacked her upside the head and tell her to get back up front with me.

"Your name is Alkor right? As in the Demon of Corellia, or wait, is it Brokellia now? What do you consider of your home? Oh... wait, were you there at the Netherworld incident? Did you see the little girl who turned into a monster?"

God I hope she learns to shut up before she becomes Queen of Spathi.

[member="Adal Armina"], [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Keira Ticon"],

"Eyes forward," Alkor pointed as the woman began to speak. That she had ever heard the infamous moniker "Demon of Corellia" spoke volumes about just what lengths [member="Atheus"] had gone to learning about him. It made things interesting, if nothing else. Most people didn't know the story, and even less people cared to. The fact that the Makrosian still chose to be there and still called him an ally made him that much more fun to keep around. "Echoy'la is my home. It is adequate in that respect."

He did not bother to explain the gap of time between then and now, and the obvious fact that she must have forgotten his exile. Alkor had not seen Corellia since long before she was born. "Teach your friend to talk less," Alkor called to Atheus. "It will prolong her lifespan."

The Demon grunted as he slipped back, away from Thalia and toward where [member="Keira Ticon"] fell in the marching order. "The official report from Mandalore described a strange sample of minerals tainted by the destructive event that took place here," he explained to her. "Some of their Smiths have apparently found a way to harness the residual Force echo and imprint it into Mandalorian Steel. The resulting alloy is highly volatile to exposed Force sensitives."

He produced a datapad and some of the documents flickered on screen. "There's some red tape on the project, apparently. They don't have a lot to go around, so the material- dubbed "Soulsteel"- is limited to the Clans and those closest to the sole ruler's right hand." Alkor gestured toward Atheus. "Our resident Sith Alchemist has suggested that we procure some samples from the site ourself and attempt to recreate their results. Such a tool at our disposal might well prove useful in coming days."

Asha's report was a quick read, Alkor had to admit. He skimmed it in only a few moments. The fallen Jen'jidai turned to glance at [member="Adal Armina"] skeptically. "And who is this?" he asked. "Another lost soul?"

She had been looking around at the place, anythung they were talking about she did not pay much attention to

Till her name was mentioned and she looked over to [member="Alkor Centaris"] as she rolled her eyes and looked forward*I'm here to help and is is all * she said in all honesty as she closed her eyes and shivered gently before opening them *

[member="Atheus"]

I smirked behind my mask, and shook my head at Alkor's comment. Thalia looked like she was insulted and looked for me to see my reaction. Thalia moved up away from Alkor as the man took a few steps back to speak to Keira. Thalia then looked at me and kept her voice low.

"Did I do something wrong?"
"He's called a Demon for a reason. He doesn't speak to those he feels are inadequate of his time."
"Well that would put a damper on things."

I stayed silent after that. Keeping Thalia close to my side to prevent Alkor from proving true to his word of her life lasting much longer if she was silent. Hearing slightly in the back with the other woman who was with us, Adal I believe? She was here just on a mission, doing her duty to the Mandalorian Crusaders. I could feel her presence. I wouldn't say she was frightened, but more so nervous. However, I could understand her feeling. I once had performed missions without a clue on what was going on.

Continuing to walk on, I busied myself with checking my ammo, and weapons again. I had already done it on the ship, and even though I had not fired a single round, I still did so to keep my hands busy.

We still had a little bit more time before we reached our destination.

Maybe Keira would pipe up about something?

[member="Adal Armina"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Keira Ticon"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom