Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ewoks, Gorax, and Condor Dragon Oh My!

Endor

Life changed often for Keziah. One day she was living on one planet, the next on a ship, than on a totally different planet and yes now somewhere else. She had enough of this moving around and just wanted something stable. She felt that this though was the final move. The apartment she shared with her now husband was where she belonged. No matter where she went her friends were there for her as well as Calico. The things that mattered stayed the same.

"Do you think we will see any Ewoks," she chirped forging on ahead in the forest. No matter what the galaxy seemed to throw at her the young woman always seemed to have a sunny disposition. In her mind there was no reason to not be.

Canal had brought her here for some training. It was better than training in some stuff building. She agreed that getting out there was the best way to go. Keziah had a feeling this would not only be fun but a great learning experience.

[member="Canal Tal'Verda"]

"We will see them. But keep in mind that they might act as hostile at first," the clone said to Keziah without his helmet. He was in his brand new phrik armor and his new helmet under his arm. Canal packed up a lot of weaponry for their training exercise. His Czerka assault rifle slung over one arm, a BTI-CC13 over another, grenades in a backpack. Then he was carrying a BTI-LRBR in his left hand and in his right hand was carrying a Blas-Tech shotgun know as 'The Retaliator'. He still had mor weapons with him but they were on the shuttle that they were on. There was also armor for Kezzy inside the shuttle which is the same one that Canal had.

"Now, I understand that you want to improve your skills in combat just like the rest of us. But let me give you a short lecture of war. It's a nasty event and I know you've been in a skirmish before but remember: when you see an enemy trooper you kill it right then and there no matter what. Sometimes I kill hostiles even when they have surrendered themselves. Cause it's either kill or be killed. But enough of that, what do you want to learn first? Sniper rifle, shotgun, assault rifles, grenades, or heavy weapons?" He would do hardcore training but he needed his brother's permission for that so hand to hand combat was out of the window but he would teach her the basics not engage combat with her.

[member="Keziah Tal'Verda"]

The only thing that she had brought with her that made any difference was the amulet around her neck. It wasn't just pretty, it also had a special ability. One which she had yet to try out or inform anyone she had capability of. She was sure that it would be a shock to everyone but hopefully in a good way. It was like heavy artillery but better because she didn't have to carry it around.

"I know, war is a terrible thing. It's either kill or be killed. Since I hear rumors of war I wanted to be prepared for it. I have used a shotgun before but maybe assault rifles? I know how to throw a grenade unless these are special?"

"Good choice. Assault rifles is what I mainly use on the battlefield. Now, I have two types of assault rifles: a Czerka assault rifle and a Blas-Tech assault rifle. The difference between these guns is that the Czerka assault rifle needs slug ammunition and the Blas-Tech rifle requires a gas canister and Plug N Fire Power Cell as ammo. Which one is powerful at the end? Personally, Blas-Tech cause if I was wearing a standard military armor and if I get hit from the rifle I would be critically injured because of the ammo in it." He took a brief pause and continued, "But the Czerka rifle has different slug ammunition types and there is five types: BASIC, VENOM, FLARE, SHOCK, and BANG. BASIC slugs are just regular slugs nothing really special about them. VENOM slugs are to damage armor by wearing down the material on it. BANG slugs just cause explosion when it impacts with something. SHOCK slugs are for synthetic targets so it can be shut down or have minor damage. FLARE slugs are a nasty slugs, what's special about them is that there's a chemical compound gel in it and that compound is for ignition. However you need more than one slug to create the combustion."

"So, which rifle you want to use first? Czerka or Blas-Tech? Also, you can put attachments for the guns such as grenade launchers, optical scopes for the Czerka rifle, and a bayonet for the Blas-Tech rifle. And for grenades there are different types of grenades such as concussion grenades, smoke grenades, stun grenades, and frag grenades."

"Which one do you think would be easiest to learn first? I want to eventually try both but I would like to start small you know and not get in over my head. If you know what I mean so maybe no attachments for now. They do sound cool though and I so want to learn it all. I don't know much but how to shoot." It was a lot to take in already and they were just getting started. It was really nice of him to take her out and show her all of these things. He really knew his stuff which didn't surprise her at all in fact, she would be surprised if he didn't. He was breed for this while she wasn't. She had learned how to hide before she could walk which she found served her well even now a days. It had kept her alive at the very least.

"Thank you for this, it means a lot. I wish I could do something for you in return. I'm sure though there is nothing I can show you that you haven't seen."

"Hmm, I think you should start off with the Czerka Rifle. Don't worry, we all have to start off small. Even I had to start off small before I could get more info in my head. Also, which type of slug ammunition would you like to start off with? And, I'll teach you how to use the rifle and the other guns that I brought with us." He would and will get Keziah as an excellent trooper. There was still time for her to learn. Then he heard her giving him her thanks and that she wish she could repay him. They were family and she didn't had to repay him. "Keziah," he said and walked up to her, "we're family, all right? That means you don't have to repay me and you never will. If you do I will not accept it and I will return it back. And I'm doing this because I care about you as does Calico, Ori, and my other brothers who came with us when we left the Confederacy. Now," he said as he offered her the assault rifle loaded with BASIC slugs, " let's see what you got."

[member=Keziah Tal'Verda]

She had learned hand to hand and how to use a rifle when she lived in the underground after first running from home. She had done a lot down there and had seen a lot as well. She wished that she could forget most of it as she wasn't completely proud of herself. She had been in many scuffles however nothing like an actual battle. Keziah needed to be prepared even with the Force by her side. If she was going to protect those whom she cared for she needed to learn how to use the weapons they did. Taking the Czerka Rifle she from him she noticed it to be heavier than the crossbow she was used to. "Do I have targets or do I just shoot? It's just like a normal gun, right?"

"You'll have targets. Be right back," as he ran to the shuttle he grabbed five shooting targets and sticked them to the ground. "Quick tip: aim for the chests, not the heads when you're using an assault rifle." He would wait for Keziah to shoot. "Shoot whenever you're ready. And have a good grip on the gun."

It would be great having targets to shoot. The problem was Keziah wasn't that great of a shot to begin with and not being able to shoot these targets would be rather embarrassing. She wanted to impress her brother-in-law not make him think that she was a lost cause and that Calico had chosen poorly. Gripping the rifle tighter she held it up to aim at one of the targets. She was here to learn, Canal knew she wasn't perfect so it was silly to think that he would judge her. He was hear to help her as he already knew that she wasn't the best. She wasn't trained to do this from birth like he was.
Pulling back on the trigger she let go which sent a bullet wizzing by one of the targets but not hitting it or getting close to hitting it. She frowned a bit at first and wrinkled her nose before resetting to try her hand at it again. This time however she adjusted herself before going again by taking a step to the right. The bullet however still didn't hit the target and her changes didn't seem to help. If she couldn't take aim with a rifle she had no hope of being able to take aim with her Force abilities such as Pyro which could use practice.

The clone saw his sister-in-law shooting at one targets and missing them. But he wasn't going to judge her. He wasn't going to be a harsh drill sergeant to her. "I think I know what's the problem. Now, what you want to do is shove the rifle in your shoulder so that way you can have more control of the rifle. And use the iron sights when your aiming if your not using a scope. Also, when you're aiming use one eye cause if you use both eyes well its going to make your vision blury and it'll be hard for you to aim." He hoped that this would help her cause that's what he noted after she shot the target. "Now, let's try that again. And I'll show you how to aim and fire when you're running or walking once you pass this part."

Even though she wasn't getting it right away Keziah wasn't going to let that stop her. She would learn and prove herself a force to be reckoned with both with and without the Force. She had to protect her family after all.

Nodding as Canal spoke she took into account his suggestions. This was different than a blaster after all. Shouldering the assault rifle she looked through scope with one eye shut as she aimed for one of the targets. This time she grazed the side of the target. It was a start though.

Lining up a second time Keziah hit the target which put a huge smile on her face but she knew she had much more to learn. This was only the beginning. She would with practice get better and hold the gun the correct way.

"Good, now shoot all the slugs to that target. There was 30 slugs in there cause its the max and you used three or four so you got twenty seven or twenty six slugs in there. So shoot them all to the target and remember and use all those techniques that I told you." This would give Canal more notes so he could correct Keziah which would improve her skills.

Nodding again she shot at the target in front of her a few more times before going to the next. She actually hit it five more times while missing twice which she blamed on moving a bit from her original position. She seemed to do better if she was standing straight in front of her target for the moment which she was well aware would not always be the case.

Stepping to the next target Keziah seemed to improve as she hit the target square in the center on her last two shots and actually hit it each time. "I think I'm getting the hang of it."

Good. She improved. That's what he liked. "All right, I think its time for you to learn how to aim and shoot while you're moving." He moved to a tree which would be her starting position which he painted with red paint. He then got the five targets and placed them in different locations: two the right, two to the left, and one in front of another tree which was the finish line. The distance was about ten meters. "Now, you'll run all the way to that other tree which is about ten meters. You'll shoot the targets at your best. Remember what I told you. Begin whenever you're ready."

She had learned to adapt fairly quickly to changing situaitons as a child. It was adapt or die type situation and this she knew was no different. If one couldn’t run and shoot they were no good on a battle field or at least she figured that. The woman had been lucky enough to not be a part of any real wars as of yet but something told her that soon that would change which was why she was here.

Taking a deep breath Keziah began running to the finish line looking out of the targets that were in between taking a shot at each one of them trying to keep the rifle up and looking through the scope all at the same time. It was a lot but at the end she believed she hit at least one which would be good.

Canal saw Keziah run all the way to the other tree and fire at the targets. If she hit at least one then he would accept that. After that test run he clapped his hands and said to his sister-in-law, "Alright, you hit more than one so I'm happy. Next thing, in war you'll be in a squad or a team when you're on the battlefield and in a team we always watch each others. I watch yours, you watch mine. So if I was to participate with you on doing what you just did I would take the left, cover you, and you would do the same except you would take the right." Taking a short pause so he could continue, "And when you're by yourself, which you won't cause my brother will take good care of you, but if you are you have two options. One, throw a concussion and frag grenade. That's a deadly mixture. Two, sprint to the nearest hostile, kill him in melee or whatever that works for you, and use it as a shield. Now," he clapped his hands again and picked up the Blas-Tech sniper rifle, "let's see how good of marksmen you are."

She knew after what had happened that Calico wouldn’t allow her to go on missions alone if he could help it. They were a team after all and would always have each other’s back. It was hard at first for her to trust others that she didn’t know. She was happy to work with her family of course as she knew they too had her back. The family she was making here wasn’t like the one she came from.

“I’m a great markswoman,” she grinned taking the sniper rifle from him. “I always hit my mark.” She wasn’t proud of the things she did after she left home but making a joke of it helped a little.

Well Canal knows now which weapon to arm her with. "Good, maybe you'll surprise Calico with me telling him of how great of a markswoman you are," he told her. "Now let me give you a description of that sniper rifle. It fires blaster bolts, has a hell of a punch but at the same time it has a high recoil and because of that it has low rate fire. Its effective range is 900 meters. And one more thing: before you fire that rifle you better brace yourself so shove it in your soldiers -not literally- and have a good grip on it." And with that he grabbed one of the targets and placed it 50 meters from Keziah. From his position the clone yelled. "Fire when you're ready!"

"Oh Calico will definitely be surprised." She grinned again. She had a few tricks up her sleeve and surprises that her brothers didn't know about. They would find out soon enough when they needed to know.

After he finished explaining the mechanics of the rifle Keziah placed it on her shoulder ensuring she had a good grip on it before pulling the trigger.

While the blaster bolt hit the target the backlash from the rifle caused her to fall on her butt.

Canal laughed to himself when he saw Keziah fall down from the recoil. He yelled out to her, "Kezzy, try kneeling on one knee. It helps a lot with maintaining a good balance and controlling the recoil. I'm gonna move this up to fifty meters more!" And he sprinted until he ran fifty meters. Now the target was a hundred meters from Keziah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom