Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything has its History (Jek'ai)

Another successful hunt for the hunter and Sith servant team of Aela and Jek'ai.

There latest escapade had brought them to Alderaan. A wealthy merchant who'd been supplying weapons to the Sith had cut the wrong deal and wound up backstabbing them before making a run for a private resort. Obviously this brought Jek'ai into the picture but there was no way she'd leave Aela out of taking down another potential cash cow. Aela was more than happy to assist and had an entire plan ready only minutes after getting the rundown on the who, where and how. The merchant was hosting a grand party at his resort, obviously his own pigheaded way of showboating how he'd bested the Sith without a scratch. Biggest mistake to every make. Aela disguised herself as a party guest while letting Jek find a decent spot outside to take a shot; Aela even allowed her to use any of her sniper rifles if she needed. The plan was simple, Aela take the merchant somewhere nice and secluded, and with a big enough window, and keep him there long enough until Jek could make the killing shot. It had gone almost as Aela had planned it out in her head, seducing the merchant, getting him to show her around his large room, insisting he show her the view then...well let's just say he maid is going to have to put some back into scrubbing out the stains.

No one had heard the shot, making it easier for Aela to slip out, complaining of a headache and saying how the merchant was "feeling under the weather". As she walked out she talked to Jek via a ear-piece communicator. "Okay, I'm clear. I'll see you back at the ship. I'm going to pick up something special for the occasion." As she finished she looked at one of the expensive speeders parked out front of the resort, obviously one of the guests. She smirked before making sure no one was around and thinking how easy wiring one of these things was the more you tend to do it.

@[member="Jek'ai Cyin"]

Ah, nothing quite like killing an enemy of the Empire with a sniper rifle in the middle of said enemy's party... Even better when your partner was also, well, your partner. And now, having completed their task, the hunter and Sith duo were headed back to celebrate their way. Which meant lots of drinks and at least a few kisses. So with a mighty grin, and a hearty chuckle, Jek'al Cyin made her way to the ship, head held high for a job well done. Strapped to her back was a wondrous rifle, one which she had borrowed from her companion (and girlfriend) Aela Kellov. Together they were a great team, able to handle some jobs others wouldn't be able to, all with a level of sophistication and secrecy. What else would one except from an Imperial Agent (of sorts) and her partner?

Having arrived the Zeltron entered the cargo bay, placing her blaster carefully on it's rack. Then she walked over to the fridge, pulling out her cup of tea from earlier that day. The wine and beer was for later, when she wasn't alone. Quietly she took a few sips and wandered around the area, taking a closer look at its contents. As it had during her first visit here, the photos on the mirror piqued her interest. Jek made a mental note to ask Aela about them later, though she knew she'd have to be careful. There was a chance that the question could bring up not so good memories.

Of course if they did, Jek was prepared. Arms ready to hug, and inner child ready to burst out and comfort her.
@Aela Kellov

The speeder pulled up near the ship, carefully parked aways from being seen yet not too far from one of the nearby towns on the planet. When the door to the cargo bay opened again, Aela walked in with a large create under one arm while still sporting her disguise for the occasion. She was wearing a black cocktail dress with matching high heels and a few random bracelets around her wrists and expensive looking earrings and a necklace (a fake of course). She had a blonde wig on and make up, including dark eye shadow and lipstick. Also she had fake eye contacts to make her eyes look green and makeup to cover the Black Suns Tattoo on her wrist. Once the door closed she put the crate down and walked over to Jek, kissing her once she reached her.

"A perfect triumphant return." she said before walking towards the desk. "Good thing you got him when you did." she continued. "He was almost about to ask we 'turn the lights off', if you know what I mean?" She down and, starting to take off some of the fake jewels, and said "Hungry? Picked up some snacks on the way. Also got us a bottle of Naboo Rose Red. A souvenir from the party."

@[member="Jek'ai Cyin"]

With a smile she quietly kissed back, then gave Aela a little peck on the cheek. After looking her companion (who looked fabulous) over she walked closer, wishing to continue the conversation. "Oi, if he had tried anything, even if he hadn't been our target, I probably would've put a bolt in his head faster then ya could say "Boo". But maybe I'm just a little protective," she joked, smiling even more now. Quietly she assisted the hunter with removing the disguise, carefully lifting the wig off her head. "I have to say, I like you better with your natural hair color. Blonde isn't bad, but it just isn't as good, ya know? Oh, and Naboo Rose Red sounds delightful right now. Whole lot better then the tea I was drinking ten seconds ago." Not that the tea was bad, Jek simply knew the wine would probably be better. Especially after a hunt like the one they had just finished. Sniping someone did sometimes make one thirsty. Or maybe it was just her? More likely it was an excuse to drink with someone she cared about.
@Aela Kellov

Aela thanked her for helping with the wig just before she removed the contacts, revealing her brown eyes. At the mention of tea Aela said "Well save it for the morning. That and a decent batch of coffee." She started rubbing the make up off her wrist, showing her Black Sun mark, before saying "Oh by the way, thanks for putting that old gun to use." She indicated it hanging with the others on her wall. "Haven't found much need to use it that often. Looking at Jek from the mirror she smirked, seeing how she was admiring her outfit, and asked "What you think? Stick with this or change into something...less fashionable?" After Jek gave her answer, regardless of what it was, Aela suddenly talked about the sniper rifle again, saying "Yeah that rifle was my dad's. It was part of his payment on one job he'd done way back before I was born. Some Rodian smuggler had been taking supplies from a client of his and when he finish him off they gave it as a bonus. Kind of makes me wish they'd throw that in more often with the credits."

@[member="Jek'ai Cyin"]

It was a good idea. If this night went anything like Jek expected (and hoped), she'd probably have a headache in the morning. Tea and Stim Caf always helped with that. So she quietly made a mental note to not throw the drink away, and to simply put it in the fridge for later consumption. With a smirk she thought about Aela's question before saying, "I won't mind either way. You'll still look gorgeous." Then she turned and looked at the rifle, wondering about its past uses. After Aela finished talking she turned back, opening her mouth to speak. "Well hey, on one of your last jobs your reward was a partner. Not to bad of a bonus if you ask me. Though I still think I got it better then you did," she said, giving her partner a little wink. But then she changed the subject, curious about the photos and her friend's past. "Is that your father in the picture on the mirror?" She asked, head tipping to the side.
@Aela Kellov

After hearing Jek's answer to what to wear she smirked and said "Fine. I'll leave it. I'll just need help taking it off later." Then she responded to her saying how she had it better because of their last meeting, saying "If you say so, purple cheeks." Finally she asked about the picture to which Aela said "Yep, that's him. Bit a rough and tough guy but, hey, once you got to know him well enough you knew you could count on him." She turned and started to undo her shoes while saying "This whole ship used to be his before he passed it to me. Along with all those weapons. And this." she said, looking back up and indicating her array of disguise supplies. "Nifty little thing dad taught me about changing how I looked. Helps with getting up close to a target. Sure you have actual changelings in the universe, but how often can a regular girl make herself look different?" She reached back down and slid off both heels before standing up and saying "That feels so much better."

@[member="Jek'ai Cyin"]

Jek'ai had no quarrels with assisting her take the dress off later, as expected. But despite the flirty hint in the words she remained focused on the photos, along with the answers about their history. Quietly she nodded, reminded of her own father, who had been very protective and caring. "May I ask about your mother?" She inquired, turning to look at Aela. It seemed like her history with her father was nice, which had relieved her, but there had been no mention of a female figure in her life. With the pictures being separate and all... Part of Jek was concerned that something might have happened when they were younger, something that could be a sensitive topic to discuss. Hopefully not, and they could resume the cheery conversation and celebration.
@Aela Kellov

Aela stopped dead when the question of her mother came up. She didn't turn back towards Jek so she couldn't see the saddened and yet concerned look on her face. Instead of answering she said "Uh....I'm hungry. Are you hungry?" Before Jek could answer that Aela already walked over to the crate and pulled out a bag of spiced chips, taking a handful and eating it. Even though it was clear Aela was trying to avoid that fact that she was indeed avoiding talking about her mother.

@[member="Jek'ai Cyin"]

Quietly her shoulders sunk back, an expression of defeat reaching her features. With a soft sigh she followed her partner, placing a gentle hand on her back. "Aela, you can trust me. I care about you, a lot. We don't have to talk about your mother if you don't want to. But I just want you to know I'm here, okay?" Jek said, concern filling her eyes. Then, as if nothing had happened, she took a few chips and ate them. Sure, she wanted to comfort Aela, and she would. But she was hungry. Sitting down she gestured for her friend to join her, and let a small smile dance on her lips. Basically she was trying to say that it would be okay, and that things could stay the way they had been, and that would be alright.
@Aela Kellov

Aela turned to see the look in Jek's eyes, that true emotional commitment of trust she was telling her. Aela had a mixed look of confusion and yet worry. She then watched Jek sit down and motion for her to join her, making Aela sigh as she looked up for no reason. She sat down next to Jek, leaning against the wall, and said "Reach in the crate and hand me some Naboo Red. This is going to be a long story." When She got the bottle she slipped down a lot before clearing it from her mouth. Aela was looking down at the floor when she finally told her story.

"See the thing about my mom is....she and dad didn't raise me together. She didn't want me to get mixed up in the life of a hunter so she told my dad to stay away. He didn't like it....but he loved her too much to keep his word. So for the next 7 years it was just me and mom, living on one of the planets that, unfortunately, was right in-between Sith and Republic space." She took a swig of the wine. "For a while the battles never came to our planet, it was too far on the outskirts. But then one day it finally happened. Jedi lead the Republic troops against the Sith who'd somehow made a base on our planet without us knowing. I remember my mom carrying me through the streets....I was so scared by all the destruction going on." Instead of sipping more wine she put it down. "Then she made me hide....said she'd find a speeder and be right back for me...." A tear rolled down her right cheek. "When the fight was over I found her....she'd been killed with a lightsaber. I don't know if it was Jedi or Sith.....but it didn't matter.....she was gone. I was alone...." She leaned her head back against the wall and looked up, closing her eyes and fighting from bursting with tears. When she opened them again she said "A day later my father came after hearing about what happened and took me in. He kept his word to my mom all those years....but I guess it took her death for him to finally come see me. Not that it matter....because a few years later he was gone too. Killed by some bastard who wanted the bounty he was trying to collect." She brought her knees up and rested her head on them, still fighting back from crying yet tears rolling from her eyes down her face. It was starting to smear the eyeshadow.

@[member="Jek'ai Cyin"]

With a little nod she reached for the bottle, quietly handing it to Aela. For the next minute she remained still, watching the other woman as she spoke. Once the tale had been told she turned and stared at the floor, unsure of how to react. Inside her inner child begged to be released, to simply hug tackle Aela and cry with her. Even though that had worked once already, who said it would be as successful a second time? After nearly a minute passed she moved over, letting her hand wrap around that of her friend's. "I'm... I'm sorry. I know it isn't much, but if we ever find out who killed them, I will help you however I can, so we can track them down and slay the bastards. Now put your chin up, look up at mum and pa, smile and tell them you're still fighting. Tell them that you haven't given up. 'Cause you know what? They'd be- they are- so proud of you. You've grown to be a wonderful woman, a strong, independent one. And even though they weren't here to watch you become that woman, they'll always be a part of you, ya know? You'll carry their legacy on, their memory, and one day, when it is your time to go up and meet them again, I promise you, they'll be so proud. They'll tell you how they always knew that you'd make it. And you'll be happy. In the end it'll all be fine. Sometimes the road will just be a little rough. But you'll make it, I know you will," Jek said, starting to tear up a little herself. Then she leaned over, placing a little kiss on the hunter's forehead.
@Aela Kellov

Aela felt as Jek hugged her and placed her hands around her arms as they constricted around her. She looked up as Jek went on, saying how she'd help her find the one who killed her father, telling how he and her mother would be proud of her and on and on. When she finished and kissed her Aela gave a small smile before saying "You know what the odd part is? It's not the story itself that makes me weep...it's finally telling it to someone. I never told anyone about my past, and not a lot do know." She reached over and took the bottle again, drinking down more, before saying "I don't know it is with you, Jek, but....you just make it seem so easy to open up when you're around." She huffed, smiled, and looked at her. "I think you drugged me or something. Or those damn Zeltron pheromones you say aren't that strong might be kicking in. Either way...it's just so damn weird do be doing this with someone else."

@[member="Jek'ai Cyin"]

Everything seemed to make a little more sense. Why? Eh, who knows. But the pieces seemed to fit better, and Jek felt like she understood her friend in a clearer way. "Well, crying is good for you sometimes. Trusting someone is important, even if you aren't used to it. Being alone in the galaxy isn't fun. Having someone to talk to just takes a little while to get used to, ya know?" Jek said, smiling. "But the pheromones could be kicking in to..." Her voice trailed off as she leaned in, gently pressing her lips against Aela's...
@Aela Kellov

Aela neutered her kiss, holding it for a moment before breaking off and looking into Jek's eyes. Her hand went up to her cheek and wiped a little bit of tear still stained against it, she saying "Jek, I...." She stopped herself and sighed before saying "Never mind. It's nothing. Just...hold me." She instantly reached out and hugged her tight, almost as if not wanting her to go ever again.

@[member="Jek'ai Cyin"]

Holding her? That was something she could do, and do well. With a nod Jek wrapped her arms Aela, doing as requested. Letting her head rest on her girlfriend's neck she smiled, and quietly contemplated what she was about to say... Her nerves were acting up, and she felt like she might chicken out on part of the statement. Here goes nothing... "Don't worry, I'm not going to let you go. I... I love you," Jek said, blushing like mad. Her already purple tinted cheeks turned darker, expressing her feelings for her. It wasn't normal for her to jump the gun on feelings... but she hadn't met someone like Aela before. And she probably never would again.
@Aela Kellov

She'd said it. Those words that even the toughest person in the galaxy would have to stop themselves and repeat it in their heads. Aela still kept holding her but did not respond to what she said. She couldn't. Not now. She was still processing so much. She still needed to think everything through. For all the knew she still wasn't thinking straight and all this was just a big mistake. Yes she didn't want it to be that. A part of her actually wanted closure with Jek, to tell her how she felt about her. But for Aela it was more difficult then killing a fully grown male rancor. She was just silent as she held Jek for a moment.

Finally she whispered "Help me take this dress off." before kissing her neck.

@[member="Jek'ai Cyin"]

(OOC: Idk if you want to stop here or keep going. I think what needed to be established is but it's up to you.

Three words. Three simple words that changed everything anytime they were spoken. The first time they were said between a pair marked a special time for them. Jek had done it, saying how she felt. And though Aela hadn't returned the favor, it was alright. Because a weight had been lifted off her chest. It was better now. So quietly she mumbled a "Gladly," and did as asked, still holding the other woman close. This would be fun, and hopefully would ease any discomfort that had arisen between the two.
{End?}
@Aela Kellov

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom