Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever Been a Fish Out of Water?

swfu-kashyyyk.jpg
It wasn't as easy to get to Kashyyyk as Rann had previously anticipated. He had to trade work for transport with a passing trader once it was revealed no transports actually went to Kashyyyk from Onderon but he was finally here after what seemed like an eternity. Finally, his journey could truly begin and finally, he could begin a new life!

...... Rann had no idea what he was doing. Or what to do next. In his mind, Rann had a very romanticized idea of what would happen as soon as he stepped off the ship: Several Jedi would be gathered around, looking for new recruits and there he would be. The shining star, the new addition, the Chosen One!

Yet no one was here but the wookies and the workers. Rann felt like maybe he spotted one Jedi. Maybe. He wasn't exactly keen to go up and ask about being trained. Suddenly Rann remembered just how foolish his plan was. Aaannd now he was remembering how condescending his Father looked when Rann told him he was going to go to Kashyyyk to become a Jedi.

And so, Rann stood there, confused. He begrudgingly decided that his grand adventure simply wasn't going to happen and to return to the transport to head back to Onderon when he realized that the Trader had since unloaded and left.

Rann looked back at the empty space where the ship used to be but only one thought really crossed his mind, 'how long have I been here?'

Now, however, Rann was starting to get wayward looks. A few dockworkers pegged him for a fish and, from what little he knew of Wookies, he feared they thought the same. It was with this silly yet incredibly terrifying thought that Rann decided he needed to look like he knew what he was doing. Quickly resorting to his showmanship, he put on his most confident face, grabbed what little luggage he had with a strength in his grip, and walked away from the spaceport with the swagger of one man who couldn't possibly have no idea what he was doing.

After a survey exploration and scouting trip to some frozen outer rim work, Tanasuki was rather glad to get back to the warm and humid planet of the Wookies, even if it did make one sweat a little more then necessary, but nothing well made air conditioning could fix, "Meh, I'd prefer to be back of Atrisa, but gotta stop by here and make myself known, maybe pop in and see elder sister, unless she's off with her friend on anther crystal hunt... ah I'm monologue again, gotta stop doing that". "But Tana if you don't monologue how will we know what you have been up to lately... he, I crack myself up, is that a good thing"?

Giving a light shrug the young Jin stepped out of the Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor that served as Padawans main mode of transport, the planets warm breeze flapping against Tanasukis Yukata styled robes while stretching, the satisfying sound of bones popping giving a new sense of release. "Guess I earned a bit of time off, I wonder how constructions going around here, seems this place just get even more busy by the day", looking around the most prominent things on show was the shear amount of workers going about bringing in more construction materials and labor, though out of the crowd Tanasuki's senses spotted someone else, not a worker, but not a Jedi either, it was new, untrained, in a matter of speaking.

"Oh what do we have here, a newbie, hee hee, let's have yourself some fun", Tanasuki idly strode towards the new person pretending to not notice the man, turning around slightly and waving to one of the workers, and thus bumping into the mans back. "Oh I am sorry, I did not see you there... hmm I have not seen your face before, are you new here, I can sense you are a force user".

[member="Rann Thress"]

The young man bumping into Rann startled him greatly and, instinctively, he reached for his pockets to see what had been taken. Realizing that nothing had been, he turned to face the stranger with confusion on his face.

"Yyyyyes," Rann said, expertly.

Not used to people simply striking up a conversation with him, Rann was unsure of how to continue. He still suffered from the anxiety of being on a completely new planet but tried his best not to show it. He did not want to show any amount of weakness for anyone to capitalize on. He got the feeling, however, that this person could see right through him.

"I am here seeking instruction!" He said, again calling upon his previous showmanship to portray a sense of confidence, "I hear tell the Jedi make their home here, so I am here to try my hand at joining the illustrious order!"

Rann smiled at the stranger.

"Tell me," he asked, "Where might I go to begin my training, should I receive any?"

He was probably doing himself a disservice by speaking pompously, but Rann knew no better.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Tanasuki gave the man a quizzical look at his response, earning a slight giggle from the oddly dressed Padawan, it seemed this person hade quite the charismatic attitude about himself, 'ohhh, I like this guy already'.

He stood idly by, hand clasped behind his back as the man went on a showmanship like talk about joining the order using some rather fancy words in the process, did this guy used to be in show bizz? Did he use his powers to scam customers and perform trick? if so Tanasuki would have loved to see it, but that begged the question, why did he lave, had others found out about said man being a force user, or was coming here a more spur of the moment sort of deal.

"Well mister you have certainly come to the right place, you will have to mind the construction workers, were still putting in new facities each day, as well as reconstructing the main temple", he placed his finger to lip pondering the next question on how the best answer it, in all honestly Tanasuki did not have a great understanding of the outlay of the new temple, having trained mainly of Atrisa and Voss."I myself have not really explored the new temple or facilities as of yet, so I am not quite sure, but I would be happy to show you around, maybe we can both learn something today".

"Ah, but before we head of introduction are in order", Tanasuki put his hand down side, performing a quite polite bow to the stranger, "I am Tanasuki Yumi, current Jedi Padawan here at the Silver Jedi, may I ask your name handsome"?

[member="Rann Thress"]

Rann, acting quickly in an attempt to blend in, bowed back to the young Jedi. "It is a pleasure to meet you Tanasuki. I am Rann Thress of Onderon. And I hope to also become a Padawan of the Silver Jedi," He smiled again and lowered his guard.

Handsome? Well I am pretty handsome. he thought to himself. "Well then, I am more than happy to explore the area with you. I am eager to meet with someone who can begin my instruction," he gestured away from the spaceport and towards what he assumed to be the Jedi Temple, "please lead the way."

Rann felt confident that he was safer here then back home, so he didn't bother to maintain a tense demeanor. He was curious to see the temple, and was pretty sure this jedi would help him find everything he needed. Everything did remain incredibly intimidating for Rann but at least now he made contact. Everything from this point on could be considered his road to becoming a Jedi. Despite his uncertainty, Rann was excited.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

It was always fun when people pronounced his name correctly, though it was pronounced Tanaski, saying it with the u in the 'Suki' part completely changed the meaning, to one of hilarity that he often used to tease people. "Well I give you my support in your endeavor to become a Padawan and search for power, but saying 'I Love You' at our first meeting, well mister you are such a flattering individual, I am not sure what to say about that".

Tanasuki gave him a sly look, giving a slightly face, embarrassed expression, placing him hands against his cheeks, "If it pleases you we can get to know each other a bit more in the tour I shall give you, but perhaps we can start off as just friend before taking things to the next level, I am not a very experienced dater". With the way this man went about he talked and acted Tanasuki was very interested in his reaction, maybe he would be able to draw out this little act a bit longer then usual, it was not everyday you got a ex-showman coming in to become a Jedi.

[member="Rann Thress"]

Rann was immediately confused by what Tanasuki was saying and immediately went over the conversation in his head. Had he said 'I love you?" He didn't think so. He'd been speaking Galactic Basic for his entire life, he was sure he'd know what he said. He was completely caught off guard and stumbled over his words. "I didn't.. I mean. Did i?" He found himself saying aloud.

Own it, he found his inner idiot-voice telling him. You own it!

Quickly trying to recompose himself, Rann said proudly, "I love all people! Especially those who will become my friends and allies such as yourself!"

Nailed it.

While Rann was sure he made himself out to look like a buffoon, he was more concerned with being the butt of a joke. In his experience, if you make what people laugh at you over yours, it's part of your show. And Rann was a Showman. Although what Rann said was technically true, he did adore his friends and allies, he was concerned that putting on the showman persona was digging himself into a hole. That hole kept getting bigger and bigger.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Tana was trying hard not to burst out in laughter and the man's reaction, the way he stuttered and was unsure of himself was comedy gold, even more so with what spurted out of his mouth next, clearly trying to snake a way out of said conversation without losing face.

He was thinking about keeping the joke going a little longer, but they were wasting time, Buuuuut he would push it a bit, biiiit longer, mister show biz was not getting out of this joke with that flimsy line. "Oh, you may say you love alllll people, but the specific words you used in this context are that of romantic interest not just general love, the term of phrased used for when someone 'Likes' another person in that sort of way.

Tana let his words hang in the air a bit before laughing out loud, no longer able to contain the humor bottling inside, "Ahhh ahh ha ha, oooooh that never gets old... I guess I should explain the whole thing, my name, 'Tanasuki', its actually an amalgamation of several words that make a certain phrase in my language". "Ture it is pronounce 'Tanaski', but people unfamiliar with my mother tongue usually say the 'U' very prominently, as such the words Ta Na Suki are defined, which when translated into basic means... I Love You".

It was a joke many often fell for when meeting Tanasuki for the first time, often, as this man had, saying 'nice to meet you' first, followed by his name, which basically, well to him anyways, sound like 'Nice to meet you, I love you', "As you can see I often put new people I meet through the same joke, so don't think you're the only one, at lest you tried to get out of it, even if you made yourself look silly in the process".

[member="Rann Thress"]

[member="Tanaski Yumi"] Rann felt flustered, but allowed his guard to drop again. He figured Tanaski was playing with him, and now he knows that it is regarding Tanaski's uncommon name.

"Oh haha," He let out a small laugh. "Interesting sense of humor. I'd rather seem like a purposeful fool than an accidental one. How do most people react?" He was curious. It's not everyday one introduces themselves with a joke. Rann couldn't help but wonder how other people dealt with this strange man's sense of humor.

Tana was slightly glad the man went along with his odd sense of humor instead of getting angry, but he had a feeling the show biz like man would understand, well at lest enough, which turned out to be partially true. "How do people normally react, well flustered, confused, sometimes annoy, or if they have met my elder sister already know about my odd behavior, but you, oh you take the cake, no one has really reacted like that before, gave myself even more of a laugh then usual".

*Ahem* Tana let out a small croke before once again changing the style of his voice, returning to his usual male with a Riben-Jin accent, "But enough of that, I believe that I owe you a tour of the facilities here, well to my knowledge anyways, I guess we will start with the main temple, pretty obverse place to begin with".

[member="Rann Thress"]

Rann was confused that the voice of Tanaski changed, but he chocked it up to Tanaski putting on some sort of act and left it at that.

"Please by all means, lead the way. I'm incredibly excited to explore the Temple."

Rann was more excited to start learning how to control the force, but he was at least a little eager to see the inside of a Jedi Temple. He also wasn't too surprised people generally got angry, but Rann was used to being a bit of a joke, something simple like that wouldn't get under his skin.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Tanasuki gave a sort of please com in motion as Rann expressed interest in the temple, though the method he did it in was rather sarcastic, "Right this way sir, we will begin your tour now, if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask, and please call me Tana for future reference". With a small twirl and hands clasped behind back Tanasuki started to stroll down the long cast way towards the temple, like s proper tour guide, but with a bit more pazaz to it. "Ah, I do have to tell you now, I am not the most usual Jedi here, my induction into the order was sort of odd, as in I visited the temple one day to see a my sister, and was plucked up by the Princess of Atriasa to her here student". "Maybe your time here will be the same, older people tend to not have to go through the whole initiation thing, especially if they have proven to be an already trained force user, which was my case".

[member="Rann Thress"]

"Whatever needs to happen, I'm game for. I've never been trained so if they have to put me in classrooms with toddlers so be it."

Rann was peacocking more than he actually meant. He certainly did not want to be trained alongside children, but if that's what needed to happen.

"I'd rather an unusual Jedi be my guide than a run of the mill one any day. Although to be honest I've never talked with a Jedi before yourself."

'Tana' was very unusual even for a non-jedi. But Rann liked him. Using humor to break the ice was not something Rann expected to happen on the planet of the Jedi.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

"I really doubt that you would be put into a class with children, for more reasons then one, most likely a master will take you under their wing and train you personally, probably test your skill and what you can do with the force before starting up a training regime of some sort". "It more of depends on who you get and who you meet though to be honest, I ain't the most knowledgeable Jedi, as for the way Jedi act, yes I am a bit odd, but everyone has their own little flare, some more noticeable then others". As the two continued they began to climb the steps the the main temple, those passing by slowly changing from workers to Jedi of the order, a calming feeling radiating through the area due to the immense of light side energy flowing around. *ahem*, "This here is the main foyer of the Jedi temple, more a welcoming area then anything, but is sometimes used as a meeting place and often where you can find some one to give you direction, perhaps we should install a reception table of sorts.

[member="Rann Thress"]

"Well please, do continue."
Rann was eager to continue exploring the temple. And as always, did appreciate Tana's sense of humor. It was silly to think of a Jedi receptionist. Rann felt a sense of awe as he took his first steps inside the Temple. This was the home of the Jedi Order. Or, a jedi order anyway. Rann almost felt overwhelmed. He could feel a tingle in the back of his neck. It felt slight when he was on the steps but the further inside the building he went the stronger the tingle felt.

"This place feels different."

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

"Eh he, will do, well over this way down the halls is a recreation of the gardens on Voss, can't be a Jedi temple without a fancy place full of trees to meditate and relax when feeling troubled, sometimes the more clear areas a used for training to, mainly force power related stuff, sparing usually done in the training halls. I mean, you don't want to accidentally cut down a tree or damage a statue". He let out another small chuckle, maybe indicating to something he may or may have not done in the past. "Well as for the difference in feeling, it may be the force calling out to you, the light side flowing past and around your body... describe this feeling to me in more detail... I am very much interested". The force treated and greeted everyone differently, and knowing how it worked around others made it easier to get along and learn more about their person.

[member="Rann Thress"]

"It feels like......like a warm blanket. Does that make sense? Like it's right here. I've never felt this before. I mean...I've been under a warm blanket but this just feels good here."

Rann felt really cheesy, but it was true. Rann didn't feel a sense of warmth like this before. It wasn't like a nice small house with a fire. This was a huge, cavernous building.

"That's normal. Right?"

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Tana gave a slight nod, putting his hand to his chin, similar to what a wise old man would do when providing council to a student, "That is one way of putting it, other say stuff along the lines of a warming embrace or enveloping warm waters, but every time it is the same, something that surrounds you in a welcoming fashion, that is the light side of the force, a soothing feeling that draw people closer, unlike that dark which gives of a powerful aura and temps people with the prospect of strength".

The young Jin turned back around to face Rann in the eyes, "In other words, yes it is totally normal to feel that ways, mainly for new comers like yourself that have not spent much time around other force users... tell me, what do you know about the force"?

[member="Rann Thress"]

"Not a lot, to be honest. It helps me move some stuff without touching it. That's about as far as my understanding goes."
Rann felt he couldn't be blamed for his poor understanding of the Force. He knew it existed, and that it liked him, and it felt powerful here. But he doesn't know why it is or what.

"I am eager to spend more time around other force-users. Really I'm just eager to see where I fit on the spectrum."
The young Onderonian man was also very competitive. He wanted to be the best at whatever he did. Not out of a need to be superior, but because he felt he was able to. So, naturally, Rann wanted to find the strongest Jedi and see how much stronger the Jedi was than him.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

"Hmm, basic telekinesis is a good place to start, but I think you may need to do a bit of study before going any further with those force powers of your... think of it as learning the theory about mechanics before going ahead and try to fix a hyperdrive, if you don't know what your doing something bad may happen". There was way more to it then that, but Tana neither had the time or know how to explain the whole, 'ohh the force is the power that binds the galaxy together of all living this' gibberish, besides that what the masters where for.

"Well you are more then welcome here, and just so you know not everyone is old fashion Jedi around here, many of interesting characters to meet and befriend, as for the spectrum, well your fairly low, but not some initiate, you have some basic powers, which means you don't have to go through the whole 'trying to find and feel the force' route many newbies go through, and being older you will probably advance faster then most student, but in all your probably no a Padawan level juuuuuuuust yet". Being a Padawan usually involved also gaining a lightsabre an a master and Tana kind of doubted if Rann had much combat experience in the first place.

[member="Rann Thress"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom