Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EVE Online

[member="Arrbi Betna"] I have accounts/characters in other games too. Games such as Neverwinter, ESO, Destiny, and GTA 5. Plus I play many offline games too such as Witcher 3, Skyrim, X-Rebirth, Mass Effect, just naming a few of many. However games such as SWTOR, STO and EVE are my favourites. Oh and I like Ingress too.

I have many and I never bother paying much attention to faction and bloodline. My main account has an Amarr, Gallente, and Minmatar pilot on it, but I also have a Caldari alt somewhere. You just start playing recently? I ask because I took the liberty of looking up your listed name on Eve Who and saw what I assume was you lol

I think the best character to find me on is one named Reem Ajam.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

[member="Arrbi Betna"] Yes I started playing this year. Although I have known about this game for at least a couple of years. I finally made it so, (I sound like Picard there) to start playing it this year and begin my Eve career. Yes the player you found on Eve Who would have been me. ;-). I'll have to checkout some of your characters. I would say your main character would be a high level given you have played for years.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]
Nope, only been playing since December. I joined a small, friendly, and tight-knit corporation and rose rapidly through the ranks to a Director's seat. I learn quick, teach fast, and view things practically. I saw you've a corporation currently, but if you want, feel free to hit us up if you'd like to join.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] I was thinking of doing more missions under the corp I am in now. To get more experience and money. Then after that move on. That would probably then be a good time to join the corp you are in. Btw what is the corp that you are in called? Which faction is it in and what security status does it have?

I'm using a Catalyst at the moment. Perfect ship for level 1. In level 2 it is hard. One on one I am stronger, but when it becomes 20 vs 1, I can do it, but it takes a long time because I am constantly warping out to not get destroyed. The ship I want is the Thorax. Perfect for level 2 and even 3 missions from what I have researched. Problem is it cost around 12,000,000 ISK. I've currently got around $5 million ISK. Spent $950,000 ISK yesterday to buy a skill book I needed to eventually be able to operate that ship. At least I know now I have all the skills required to fly it when the time comes. I'll need to have at least 18,000,000 ISK before I buy that ship. Enough to buy it and then arm it etc to the teeth. Plus I always like to have around 3 million ISK laying around in my funds for the just in case. Playing Eve is almost like managing things in real life! However it's fun and I'm enjoying it. :)

[member="Kixi Rajki"]
Use an armor fit Vexor with drones to level 5. Fit it with passive resistance tanking and an active repair module. Warp in around 20-50km off, drop a Mobile Tractor Unit, and start blowing up rats. Toss in a wing of salvage drones, a wing of medium drones, and two wings of light drones and you're golden to wipe the NPCs and loot and then salvage the site for parts.

I'm in null sec Amarr space. My corporation is Crazy Americans, but we're in a larger null alliance. I have no idea what security we have, but we have no issues in high sec space. We train new folks and bring in older folks. We just brought in a guy with 2 days on the game and another with 2 months. Last week we had two folks with multiple years in game join lol

[member="Arrbi Betna"] the vexor was the other ship I was looking at. If you recommend it being better, the my goal will be to get that next. I'll keep your description of how to set it up too. :)

As for your corp, I'm not sure how this all works, but if I'm Gallente Federation, and you're in Amarr Empire territory, and the 2 are enemies, how would I be allowed in low sec space without being attacked? Wouldn't I be the enemy?

[member="Kixi Rajki"]
Lol no. It's "Amarr" null space. Means the pirates there use lasers like the Amarr so. Blood Raiders to be specific.

The corp is a mix of all different pilots and, honestly, outside of faction warfare it doesn't matter what faction you fly lol my minmatar alt can fly nearly any t1 and t2 frigate short of Caldari lol

[member="Arrbi Betna"] uh I see then. No one on your team will try and kill me then. Good. Lol Afterall I am of peace, and that's for real unlike when Ana in V says it. Hehehe. Of course peace by warfare is what I mean, but against pirates. Not really interested in destroying Caldari, Amarr etc and starting a war. :) anyway I'll certainly keep my options opened in joining your corporation in fair time.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]
Yes and no. We live in null space where there are no rules and because everything we have is produced or manufactured there and that requires minerals which we have to mine, we're a little... paranoid.

Standard operating procedure in null space is if it's not blue (meaning the individual, corporation, or alliance is not set as friendly to us), then it's a target. If you were to enter our space unannounced or without blue standings, you'd be attacked and probably destroyed by the defensive fleet. It's just how things work down there lol High sec space is like living in Detroit while low sec space is most like the Wild West. Null Security space is like living in the Fallout universe.

Kixi Rajki said:
Not really interested in destroying Caldari, Amarr etc and starting a war.
This is physically impossible at a capsuleer basis. All factions are at war with each other and have militias to do faction warfare with. Those are NPC corps designed to give players free PvP whenever they want.

That said, player run corporations and alliances can declare war on each other which lets them fight in high security space. Not a lot you can do about those except fly safe, but they don't happen every day and only last a week.

As for ratting, it's actually really good down where we are. You run a high sec site and maybe make less than a million. Run a null sec of the same size and easily make a few million. It's quite nice, honestly.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] I figured you were going to say all that. Thus why I don't want to enter null space for now. Not until I have flown more missions and understand things more and feel more confident. As for warring factions, what I probably should've said was, I'm just doing PVE for now, (sorry I don't feel ready for PVP just yet). So unless my agent orders me to attack Amarr, Caldari etc, I won't be engaging in that for now.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]
Ahhh mkay. See, here's the thing. We do a lot of PvP, but we also do a lot of PvE and Mining. Remember how I said I was a director of my corp? I'm the Mining and Industry Director, so I organize and head up that area of things. We also have a PvE director who guides and organizes all the PvE stuff. If you're interested in missioning, we can do that lol We just teach the basics of PvP so that our pilots can cope with being attacked in any area of space.

Hell, since I've been in Null space I've done less PvP and more PvE and mining lol

[member="Arrbi Betna"] I hate mining! I even skipped the training for that when I started the game. But if you do mostly PVE, then that's a winner for me. I really wana fly a few more missions with my current corp though, if that's ok with you. Will your offer to let me join your corp still be open in 3 to 4 weeks time? If it is, you'll probably be hearing from me as I am keen despite what things sound. I just need time to psychology get around going into null space.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]
That's fine. We're always looking for new folks. Just keep in mind we'll do our version of a background check (get API and want to talk to you over TeamSpeak) but otherwise the recruiting process is painless lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom