Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Eternal Mourners

Status
Not open for further replies.
1385077-bigthumbnail.jpg

Image Credit:​

Name: Eternal Mourners.

Homeworld:
  • Genetically Grown and Modified, no homeworld. (Technically Kesh)
  • Originally were an unnamed blue flower species on Dantooine.

Development Thread: [When / If required.]

Average Measurements:

Stem Height: Seventeen Inches, 43.18 Centimeters.
Petal widths: Seven Inches, 17.78 Centimeters

Cultivation Requirements:

Atmospheric Requirement: Type 1
Initial Growth Requirements:
  • Use of Plantsurge to grow the flower itself before steadying its growth and causing the flower to halt once grown. The Eternal Mourners are unable to be grown in any natural way and requires the use of the force to do so. They are able to grow in Force Nexus' without manipulation through as part of the influence given off by the nexus. (Not dark side Nexus' though)
Strengths:

• Life through the Force: The Eternal Mourners, due to the modifications were done by Vanya Charr before her death and passed onto Solan Charr, require these flowers to be grown through the force. No natural means can cause them to grow and as such they will not grow without someone who knows how to cause that growth. This makes them extremely rare being that they are only grown by two people in the galaxy at the current time.
  • Eternal Life for a Mourner: As per their name, once grown and as long as they have a suitable atmosphere so that they can make energy, they will not die. These flowers will never die unless physically destroyed by a creature or sentient being or through such sources as fire, or being torn up... you get the idea. The Flowers are basically immortal and will only wilt or die through unnatural means as long as they have an atmosphere.
Weaknesses: [2 Minimum]
  • Death through the Force: The Eternal Mourners, due to the modifications were done by Vanya Charr before her death and passed onto Solan Charr, require these flowers to be grown through the force. No natural means can cause them to grow and as such they will not grow without someone who knows how to cause that growth. As such, they can never be grown and would remain dormant without that initial growth, leaving them as useless, simple, seeds.
  • It's a plant: Literally, this thing does nothing more than look pretty. It's nutritionally pretty useless, it has not poisonous properties, and it just sits there and looks very pretty. So ya.

Distinctions:

The Eternal Mourners contain only one bud throughout its life, flowering at the very end of the single stem. There remain several leaves that open out and help the flower from simply falling over as well as to help it make energy. The petals of the flower itself are a deep sapphire but the unique connection to the force gives it a bio-luminescent effect which allows the entirety of the plant to be seen at any time and any level of light. The flower also gives off a much lighter shade than the deep sapphire near the center of the actual flower. Coupled with a slight glow at all times unlike the rest of the flower that only glows as the light around it fades.

Average Growth Cycle: Two to three hours for stable growth, thirty minutes if rushed.

Average Life: Until destroyed by unnatural means.

Nutritional Value: Little to none... eating them is basically useless.

History: [Describe an abridged history of the Flora. When was it discovered, originally cultivated, created in a lab, etc etc.]

The Eternal Mourners are a bio-engineered flower that was grown by Vanya Charr during the years of 820-834 ABY, and soon after passed on after rediscovery by Solan Charr who grows it since the rediscovery in 839 ABY. Originally created to help the families of nearby Dantooine Farmers mourn their loved ones long after the deaths, without the constant problem that most flowers had. That being dying and forcing them to plant more. The process she developed was a batch of seeds that would only grow once Plantsurge was applied on them and as such required several hours of steady growth before completion. While the process could be rushed, she found it normally came with complications that left the structure of the plant incomplete and as such created deformities or outright decomposition of the flower at a rapid rate.

Intent:

The intent of the submission is to give a tangible example for it as well as to create a highly unique piece of flora that follows along with this idea of the force being a mystical life source. As such I always wanted to mess around with a self-sustaining flower that survived on the atmosphere around it and the Force and with Solan's recent revisitation of his past via rebooting his bio as well as the fact that he's been giving out sapphire blue flowers in the past in this specific reason to mourn the dead, I thought combining those flowers with this idea would in neat and give people something nice to remember the dead characters and family members of their characters something permanent (Well mostly permanent) to hold onto and remember their dead by.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Sorry for the delay on this, things have come up.

So for the species, it's a bio-engineered species so I'm kind of curious if you had a basis for starting them (i.e. the origins of the bioengineered species). This is a relatively simple hole that can be filled with any unnamed plant species.

I'm having trouble grasping portions of the submission as some of the wording is odd to me. For example:

Solan Charr said:
The Flowers, due to the modifications done by Vanya Charr before her death and passed onto Solan Charr, require these flowers to be grown through the force

So for plant anatomy, the flower is basically the showy sex organ (seed bearing portion of the plant). With the showy portion being the petals that attract pollinators (I wont get into too much detail on this). We fall into a bit of a trap when we just name a plant by it's flower. So, for the above, it should say "The Eternal Mourners, due to the modification done by Vanya Chaar before her death and passed on Solan Charr, require the force for production of seed-bearing parts such as the flower."

"The flower its self-contains only one bud throughout its life, flowering at the very end of the single stem."

Same thing with this one: I was initially confused based on whether you were talking about the plant or the seed bearing component, as the latter didn't really make sense (bud initially contains the flower, not the other way around). So read back through the sub, sort of do a grammar check for run-on sentences (like in your intent), and replace flower with eternal mourners when appropriate.

[member="Reverance"]

I was using the word flower as a general term when talking about it but i can replace it with plant if you need me to. (Or Eternal Mourners as you suggested.)

Sorry about the grammar failure here and there. I must have been really out of it.

Ill edit now, be sure to check back in an hour or two, it should be fixed in that time.

Solan Charr said:
Eternal Life for a Mourner: As per their name, once grown and as long as they have a suitable atmosphere so that they can make energy, they will not die. These flowers will never die unless physically destroyed by a creature or sentient being or through such sources as fire, or being torn up... you get the idea. The Flowers are basically immortal and will only wilt or die through unnatural means as long as they have an atmosphere.

You know, some people might look at this and not like the idea of something being immortal. But it's entirely within the lifespan of many organisms just within our planet (Biological Immortality). So I have no issue with it, considering the species relative lack of utility (beyond being pretty).

So with that, I think this is a fine sub.

Approved pending secondary.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Solan Charr"]
I am not especially comfortable with anything being immortal. However, since this is just a flower I will allow it.

Normally I’d like to see a dev thread for such a modified species, but again as it’s just a simple flower I won’t insist on it.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom