Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erebos-Class Shield Leecher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A
Intent: To create a weapon I like for One Sith usage, and also since I haven't seen any tech sub for it.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: One Sith
Model: Erebos-Class Shield Leecher
Affiliation: One Sith
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass Production
Material: Shield Leech Components, Durasteel, Agrinium.
Classification: Shield Leecher
Size: Ship Mounted
Length: Length of heavy long range turbolser
Weight: Weight of Heavy Long Range Turbolaser
Ammunition Type: Power Generator
Ammunition Capacity: Dependant on targeted ship
Effective Range: Close Range
Rate of Fire: Three Round Burst or Two Round Burst; 20 second recharge for the former, and 10 second recharge for the latter.
Special Features: (Even if you've discussed your features at length in the Description line of the Base Template, this is a good place to list them.)
Description: As war goes on, the One Sith are constantly in need to improve their weapons in order to improve their ship's capabilities. Taking into inspiration the Keldabe Class Battleship's shield leech weapon, Malos Kas decided to create a new shield leech weapon.

Like any other shield leecher weapon, it drains the enemy of it's shields, in a damage output that can be compared to 25 ion canons. It then reroutes the power of the enemy's shields back to the host ship's shields.

As one would expect due to common sense, if the host ship's shields are fully recharged, using the weapon will overload the shielding systems, and might damage other systems as well. If the shield's systems are low however, using this weapon would increase the shield's powers significantly.

Malos made sure to add in safety systems in order to make sure the weapon won't overload. If it is close to overloading, a safety alarm will go on, signalling the user of the weapon that the weapon might overload.

Common weaknesses to weapons this size include it's huge size, slow rate of fire, and a high power need.Ultimately, this weapon is therefore a must have for the One Sith

Primary Source:[background=#1e1e1e]
http://www.aminoapps.com/page/star-wars/9528277/and-may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_leech_weapon
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Keldabe-class_battleship
[/size][/background]

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Malos Kas"]

The only other capital-scale shield leech approved is this one. It's 30 posts of development for something with far more concrete limitations than you've got here. Look it over, make your adjustments, and we'll talk about development requirements, OK?

Some of the limitations that it has are the same as mine, such as it being big and bulky. The other limitations about it being limited to one form of ammunition, and it's short range is something that I have as well, although I certainly didn't go into the detail the submitter did.

Either way, I'll start the dev thread. You can archive this submission till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom