Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Episode I: Rise of the Space Smurfs

[member="Domino"]

The time for them was at hand as Isis was focusing on her force skills, well what she could do... It was a lot harder then she had thought it would be and the jedi knight had said it might not last forever... So she was wanting to try and learn herself what her limits were while she was researching old Liran records for technology. The Carrack class with her and being used as storage for the research into the ship they had been going around the galaxy to get. The Havok bomber that had more armor, speed and weapons then most ships its class, the sleek and powerful Owool that could be dangerous and the Guardian Mantis which could disable shields and tag targets for homing shots. Each proved a valuable thing to have and be able to use same as the Zoomer ugly ship she had recovered from pirates full of phrik that was going to go into her own personal use. Then something caught her eyes and she was setting the course for the scrap yard world. They could search there for the tech that was still around from before even the rise of the empire she had been looking at things. The old dark times.

Raxus Prime, hang on, that was a junk yard wasn't it? "Oh you just take me to the nicest of places." Domino said looking over the Liran's shoulder at her databoard. She didn't actually have any problem with their destination, in fact Domino thought it was rather clever in theory at least. At least if it panned out, otherwise it was just digging through broken junk like a homeless person. "So, assuming you know what you're after, do you know the general area of where it'd be dumped based on when it was in common usage? Or what layer rather given that people just dump here rather than any organized placement."
[member="Isis Varida"]

[member="Domino"]

She was looking at Domino with a smirk on her face while she took her saber hilt up.... she didn't have the crystals to make the lightsaber part of it work but the micro grenade launcher on the bottom she could use as a gun.. Well worth it before she was moving. "I have been doing some number crunching and what we are looking for is down there. At least enough units to cannibalize to give us the power we need." She was smiling now while moving about a little bit. She was tinkering with her gun and had a secondary one along with her breathing mask for the toxic atmosphere. "We will be fine I think."

Domino had never considered the possibility of them not being okay on this little outing. I mean they were two women out alone on a planet with no law whatsoever, but hey, Domino usually preferred that. Of course that wasn't what the scientist had meant. "Hey I'm just here for support, it's up to you how this show goes." Hmm, maybe she'd keep an eye out for a speeder for herself, something classic she could restore. Shrugging at the Liran's actions, Domino went ahead and started checking her own equipment. It was massive overkill here, but her PSG armor would be immune to the acid rain and had its own breath filter, so she was going to be using that and her pikesaber.
[member="Isis Varida"]

[member="Domino"]

There was a nod as the ship was heading down towards the planet and the doors opening. Isis held up her hand as the holographic display appeared leading the way through the debris towards their goal while she was getting the breathing mask and energy shield over herself in case of acid rain. "Now the real fun can begin." She said it moving and watching seeing the armor the woman had and it was impressive as she started going forward grabbing her saber pistol while she was moving forward. "Well your support will be invaluable, you can be the wind beneath my wings as it were when we get around there."

"Thanks," Domino said grinning behind her helmet's face plate. "I don't usually get out enough these days. Always seems to be something needing my immediate attention. Going out on a treasure hunt sounds like a good break." Transformed by her armor from a slight woman barely topping 5'4" into a practical juggernaut, the Twi'lek's heavy footsteps followed her companion through the towering maze of scrapped metal and twisted debris. Already she was noting an increase in comm traffic that her suit was picking up though she hadn't bothered singling out any particular channel. Likely it was just heralding their presence along with speculative chatter as to their purpose. Instead, she simply set her penetrating radar to full and left it showing movement overlays on her 360o HUD to hopefully give any warnings of impending ambush.
[member="Isis Varida"]

[member="Domino"]

There was a look on Isis face while the shielding activated and she walked. Acid rain or the toxic nature of the planet well she was hoping wouldn't do to much damage to her here before she was moving around. The debris they were walking into behind a section of ship as she climbed up and moved it aside seeing a large pile of droids. that had been discarded while she was leaping onto a jutting out piece of metal to swing almost onto the pile and start looking through them. "We are looking for cestus droids. The models should have the shields we need and we'll be able to work on the parts."

"Cestus? I don't remember them doing much but I think I've heard the name recently. More than just browsing the stock market anyways." Looking around from where she was while Isis climbed a torn section of hull, the only droid she noticed was the twisted arm of an old protocol series sticking out from beneath a crumpled turbine. "What'd you find up there?" She called out upon noticing that her companion seemed to be distracted by something she'd uncovered.
[member="Isis Varida"]

[member="Domino"]

She was looking at the droids there were there as she held it up. "I found a twi'lek droid... ahhh those lekku8 of yours aren't for these upgrades I am certain." She was pushing away the pleasure model with upgraded Lekku. She was making the move and jumping onto a larger part of the pile of droids while she was digging through them. "There is a great many things here but we should be able to get enough." She was working and getting some of the sections away while a combat model came into view and the wrist blaster on its arm was nice looking but she started to pull it up to herself.

That got a roll of the eyes from Domino. By now she was particularly ambivalent to the rampant sexuality other species seemed to expect from hers. It was a tool they'd used for centuries to escape their adoptive planet and to survive once off. She herself had used it time and again, though now that she no longer needed to, it'd become a somewhat annoying reminder at times. "Here, let me help." Domino called up to Isis.

Activating her jetpack, Domino levitated to just above level with the other woman and began lifting some of the larger pieces out of the scientist's way until unwanted droids were flying every which way. A few of her sensor settings had her fling some in choice directions as well, simple warnings that they'd been noticed and to stay away.
[member="Isis Varida"]

[member="Domino"]

There was a look but taking the time as the droids were being thrown about had her grinning to herself, getting one and checking its parts as she found some f them. Not intact that would be far to easy but with these parts from another she would be able to. "We're starting to find some." The time it would take to make a working on would be long but also important as she found another droid and another with damaged shielding units. "We just need a new power source we can adapt to work with these old model droids." She blew the air our in a general thought before perching on some of the droids and hefting part of an old basilisk out. "Well aren't you a beauty."

"Now you just have to hope that's not just battle scrap that got junked while you look for the rest." Domino groused. No way the Mandos would willingly abandon a Basilisk and if one managed to be captured intact it wouldn't have been junked. Still, "nice find though," she conceded. "Look, lets just grab some of the bigger droids that used the shield. That way we've got their power supply, any converters or transformers it needs, and we'll know we're at the correct settings. Then before we start piecing it back together we remove the weapons and limbs so the droid doesn't try to kill us for turning it back on." If anything, today was showing why she usually left tech and the finicky stuff to her scientists. Domino was great at implementing or wrecking tech in truly spectacular ways, but she didn't really have the patience to stand around and build custom parts to figure out how another worked. You could say she was 'results oriented' if you wanted to be nice about it.
[member="Isis Varida"]

[member="Domino"]

Isis looked at her and gave a nod of her head to that, there was many ways to work on the things but she ws looking at the piece left behind. It would be something crazy to leave if only to really get to know the technology. There was so much here as she tagged it for her ship and went back to looking at the larger droids using the shield they both wanted. Making more notes as she jumped off one clearing more of it and then boosting the power supply. "THis one is intact at least, we should be able to reverse engineer what we need and build upon it. There might be some questions though since neither of us have seen this type of shield in action. We might not know if it is operating properly."

"Oh really?" Domino asked mildly amused. "What makes you think I've never seen it in use before?" Even after all these years it still amazed her at how fun it was to act mysterious an reveal her ancient experiences. Well, not so ancient, but she had been born half a millennium closer to much of this stuff than almost anyone else while ancient tech had been common knowledge or just regarded as antiques. Still, she gave a helping hand as Isis levered her prizes out and Domino helped lay them spread on the ground for pick-up by the ship. "Call it in, I don't think the locals have much more patience after my droid-tossing antics."
[member="Isis Varida"]

[member="Domino"]

Isis looked at her with a raised eyebrow at the thought of her being old enough to see the tech being used. With the pieces of the basilisk and the droids though she was working with Domino now. "Well it is possible I suppose... I mean the having no hair that can go grey must be a good thing." She said it with a grin though while standing up and brushing at some of the sweat on her brow "We'll get these on a sled and into the lab, work on it and I'll check to see what these pieces can do, who knows what else we might find but we got everything and should have everything for our own use."

"Heh, yeah, something like that." Domino said as they started to head back with the scrap in tow. She actually regretted, however slightly, that she likely would never get the chance to play at the mystic crone/wise granny like her grandmother had on the rare occasion for her. One of life's little sacrifices. On the trek back, Domino kept her eyes open for any of the locals which turned out not to be necessary as it seemed like they were unwilling to follow now that it was apparent they were leaving.
Isis Varida

[member="Domino"]

Isis looked at her and gave a nod not much more then that as the parts were being loaded onto the ship and with a look towards her engineers they were getting to work like a well oiled machine. Taking them apart and separating the pieces quickly but carefully while a droid was making the log of it. Isis looked at Domino and motioned with her head while pulling up the screens to show her and best of all a table with some food and drinks on it. "It will take some time but we'll be able to see how much we have to work with and if we need it we can machine parts to fill in the gaps. I just hope it comes out how you are imagining and we'll be able to replicate it at least for a couple units."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom