Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Epicurus-class Star Destroyer

traquia__sword_of_the_stars_by_vince_t-d2voj3u.jpg

SOURCE

Affiliation: The Imperium
Manufacturer: Imperium
Model: Epicurus-class Star Destroyer
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Alusteel Frame and Hull bracing, Glasteel Viewports, Dallorian inner hull layer, Agrinium outer hull layer, AR-0B ablative armor plating, Matrix Armor belting, Turadium Blast doors, Transparasteel View Ports, Star Ship Components
Classification: Destroyer

Length: 1480 Meters
Width: 740 Meters
Height: 650 Meters

Armament:
6 HAT-100 Turrets
20 Heavy Turbolaser Cannon Batteries
20 Heavy Ion Cannon Batteries
50 Dual Repeating Light Turbolaser Turrets

Hangar: Four Shuttles

Special Features:
* Multiple Redundant Shield Generators (See here for canon reference)
* Socket Guards
* Energy Caps
* De-ionizers
* Life Support Systems
* Environmental Support System
* Navigational Systems
* Turbolift Elevators
* Inertial Compensator
* Artificial Gravity
* Mess with Droid Service -
* Medical Bay
* Escape Pods
* Communications Array
* Communication Encryption Equipment
* Holonet Transceiver
* Sub Space Transciever
* Hyperwave Transciever
* Wide Ranged Sensors
* Long Range Sensors
* Targeting Sensors
* Warhead Countermeasures

Maneuverability: 17
Speed Rating: 15
Hyperdrive Class: 2, Class 9 Backup

Strengths:
Heavily Armed - Ship boasts a substantial number of weapons emplacements given its size.
Redundant/Multiple Shielding - The ship is constructed using the same technique employed by the Mon Calamari in shielding their vessel with multiple shield projectors throughout the ship, only covering certain sectors of the ship rather than the entire ship being covered by one projector.
Weaknesses:
No Defensive Weapons - The ship has no defensive weapons, relying on its shields and hull, as well as support vessels, for defense.
No Warheads - The ship lacks any sort of warhead launcher.
Not Agile - The ship lacks in maneuverability by comparison to some ships its size.
Costly - The number of weapons, special systems, and shielding tech creates for a very costly ship, meaning very few will ever be built.

Description:
In days past, the Imperial Remnant was struggling to grow its borders. The Sith were on the march, heading straight for the Imperial capital, and their ships were in sore need of additional production. Mason took it upon himself to do something about their need, took a small ship, and went to the unknown regions with his crew, in search of shipyards that could be hired, or vessels that could be taken. He found the former, run by a human colony on a remote world. It was largely in use for constructing private craft, but with the offer of lucrative amounts of galactic currency gladly changed its focus. Mason had secured the help they needed, and provided the specifications for a new class of Star Destroyer; one which would wreck enemy fleets.

Production was begun in earnest, and the first ship off the line was The Revenant, the ship that would become Mason's flag ship. The primary strength of the ship was the design for close combat in broadside action. With the multiple redundant shield generators, the vessel is capable of keeping its shields functioning longer than most vessels. With the armor plating, it shored up the main weakness that Mon Calamari vessels had. Despite the payload and defenses, it sacrifices with a limited hangar space due to power requirements. In addition, it has a slower hyperdrive and weaker maneuverability, though its speed is comparable to most craft its size, which allows it to move into range and engage the enemy forces.

The ultimate downside is the cost of the vessel. Due to the large amount of weapons, the armor, the shields, and all of the power generation necessary, cost was greatly increased. This necessitates that only a few such vessels will ever be constructed.

Development Thread: From Out Of The Shadows (General Development and Explanation) Behind Enemy Lines (Demonstration of Abilities)
Intent: To create a vessel as the main attack vessel of the Imperium 5th Fleet
Who Can Use This: Primarily for use by the Imperium under the command of an Admiral or high ranking naval officer.
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Mason Deschart said:
Length: 1480 Meters
The maximum length/size ship that a minor faction may produce/own is 1000m. This will need to be adjusted to adhere to the starship rules.
Minor Faction Rules

1. Minor factions are permitted unique, PC-captained ships up to a length of 1,000 meters

It was my understanding that we would get them approved, but not use them prior to going major. This has always been done in the past. I did it with the Imperial Remnant, I'm fairly certain. We were just trying to get vessels pre-approved before we go major. Is this no longer being done? I don't see how it's an issue as long as we don't use it until then. Getting a ship approved is not the same as using it, which is what the above rules are talking about since we are not going to be producing/using them until we go major.

But if that rule only applies to certain factions then I guess archive this until we go major, but the least you could do is review it, make any necessary modification suggestions, and then archive it until such time as we go major, that way we don't have to spend days waiting on it later.

[member="Bianca"]

[member="Mason Deschart"]
That has never been the case, and upon review of all Imperial Remnant ships I am unable to find any produced or affiliated with it - so you might be mistaken on that having happened. I will review this once I get off work, but it won't be approved until the parameters set by the starship rules are met.

[member="Bianca"]
It has been the case for a very long time until now. I've been around long enough to know as much and distinctly recall it happening before, whether you found it or not.

That said, as long as it is ready to be approved when we go major that's fine. It wouldn't have been used until then anyway, outside of threads only among ourselves.

Technically the shields are only a single layer, but layer out in zones as is standard on the Mon Cal vessels. However, the shield protecting the bridge and the engines has a second layer in case the first fails.
[member="Bianca"]

[member="Mason Deschart"]
Okay, then this is ready for approval once the Imperium goes major, until then I'll archive this. PM an admin or RPJ when everything is ready to go.

<p>Moved to Archives - PM [member="Spencer Jacobs"] for removal / if denied for Second Chance please post and tag Spencer Jacobs for review.<br /><br />Thank you!</p>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom