Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entry explosives

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

Intent: To create a shaped charge, that can blow whole in ship at point blank range
Development Thread: If deemed necessary
Manufacturer: Krayt Industries
Model: KI-EE-MkI
Affiliation: The One Sith and her allies
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, termite,
Description: It would replace two missile launchers on a ship, and at point blank range. It would blow a hole, through what ever it was put against. What ever was their would turn into, super heated shrapnel killing or injuring anyone in the way.

Krayt Industries intend to put as part arsenal of light drop ships. So the ship could land on building, or other ships. Then gain an entry point in to that building or ship, by blowing a hole through up to one meter of durasteel or equivalent material. This is possible due to fact it is a shaped charge, so all the explosive energy goes in one direction.

This then would allow a platoon of marines then to gain entry, into the ship or building. Using the thick smoke as cover. This would also leave any survivors quite possibly shell shocked, unless battle harden veterans and have, decent enough armour to protect them from the sudden flash.

Classification: Warhead
Size:Ship-Mounted
Length: 1 meter
Weight: 50 kilos
Ammunition Type: solid explosive
Ammunition Capacity: 1
Effective Range: 1 meter

Alright, so, this can blow in anything? While everything isn't invulnerable, anything covers a wide range of objects :p. But anyway, maybe write down the strongest materiel it can blow through (with one charge anyway), or an example of the thickest object. and please expand upon the description, to explain more about it (other than that it's an explosive) and after that I think these will be good.
@ me when your done

[member="sabrina"]

sabrina said:
It would blow a hole, through what ever it was put against. What ever was their would turn into, super heated shrapnel killing or injuring anyone in the way.
[member="sabrina"] - This needs to be addressed. Thermite cannot breach energy shields effectively, and even if it did the way you put it this thing essentially means instadeath to everything and everyone it touches. Either you nerf it by alot or resubmit it and I'll archive this one.

sabrina

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] My concept was in the narrowness of the blast as it is a shaped charge, which is what is used to pierce tank armour. So yes I would kill anyone in the narrow blast radius of 1 meter. Which would be ample room for marines to drop in from.
As for taking out shields may I ask what would?

sabrina

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] would antimatter explosive do what I am after, if so archive this one I would resubmit that one with the same intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom