Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prazutis

Prudii Kyr'am Alor/Mandalorian Elder
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
2qdvkw9.jpg

8vxnol.jpg

Intent: A sword to sell in my store
Image Source: https://pre00.deviantart.net/bd37/th/pre/i/2012/090/9/6/sci_fi_katana_by_afterfield-d4ukfk4.png
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/813322013928053361/
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Kyr'am Munitions
Affiliation: open market
Model: Energy Blade
Modularity: no

Production: limited

Material: Duraplast

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: sword
Size: average
Weight: average

SPECIAL FEATURES

The hilt has a power cell that when activated makes a power source filled with energy goes up around the duraplast blade. It can defend against lightsabers for a short time but won't hold against one for long. Showing the sword is lightsaber resistant makes it a good melee weapon for people in a quick bind against lightsaber users.

Strengths:
1: Is Severely resistant to lightsabers when the energy beam is on and around the blade. (See Weakness #1 for effects without the energy blade on)
2: Made out of the lightsaber resistant material known as Duraplast
3: Although it cannot cut through most materials like a lightsaber it can (i.e. Duraplast and Durasteel) however cause damage and tears to basic materials. ( i.e. Weak metals and weak armors)

Weaknesses:
1: It's weaker against lightsabers when the power source energy is turned off meaning it will only take limited blows from a lightsaber.
2: power cell drains quickly when being used constantly, as in it will last probably about just over an hour if it is left on.
3: cannot cut through the things a lightsaber can. An EMP would most likely render the sword ineffective as the electronics would shut down from the blast.
4: the Energy blade will not work underwater with the power source on.

DESCRIPTION
the energy blade was designed to be a soldiers primary weapon to be used against lightsaber users in defence. Not intended for extended sword duels. It is designed to be most effective when the powercell is turned on and the energy field is up around the blade. very well balanced and perfect weapon for a quick sword duel for the master swordsman. Not effective for long periods against a lightsaber and cannot cut through the stronger materials can but it can get through more basic and weak materials. Don't expect to win a lightsaber duel with this weapon.

@A'den Kyr'am

I can see where your head is at with this one, let's get to work!

Firstly, as this is a sword, you only have to use the Melee Template. Please adjust the information on the submission accordingly!

Next, for materials, would you mind replacing Energy with a power source? Lightsabers and canonical energy swords use Power Cells for example.

For Strength #1: Would you mind elaborating on how much cutting power the energized blade has? Are you imaging it as being on par with a lightsaber?

For Strength #2: Are you referring to the blade being able to resist lightsabers when the energy is activated? Or are you saying that the weapon, actived or deactivated, can withstand a lightsaber blade? If you are referring to the latter, please note that Duraplast as a material is not fully immune to lightsabers.

For Weaknesses: What can't this weapon cut through? How is it affected by EMP/Electrical/Ion attacks? Would you mind elaborating on these areas for me?

Once these changes are finished we'll proceed!

Prazutis

i basically re-started from scratch and wrote it all out again. anyways i changed the name to a power source but it's still an energy field that goes up around the sword so it kind of still is going to stay that way, i added the other details you asked for though

@A'den Kyr'am

Excellent, let's continue:

As this is very close in nature to a lightsaber, I'll need the production reduced to Limited.

For Strength #2, please incorporate something along the lines that it can take only limited blows from a lightsaber. Duraplast offers good protection, but it is not immune like Phrik or Beskar.

For Strength #3: Please make a note that, against thicker metals/armors and lightsaber resistent materials, this weapon cannot cut through. We want this to be as defined as possible!

For Weakness #1: Please reiterate that Duraplast can only withstand limited blows from a Lightsaber.

For Weakness 2: Can you give a frame of reference for how quickly the power cell drains? How many minutes, for example.

I'd like you to rework Weakness #3, as the inability to cut through what a lightsaber can isn't really a weakness. Perhaps mention how effective EMP/Ion weapons are against it? Does it function underwater? Those are things I'd like to see answered here.

[member="A'den Kyr'am"]

Excellent, you've almost completed the requested changes! If you could update the Strengths accordingly I can send this for final approval:

For Strength #2, please incorporate something along the lines that it can take only limited blows from a lightsaber. Duraplast offers good protection, but it is not immune like Phrik or Beskar.

For Strength #3: Please make a note that, against thicker metals/armors and lightsaber resistent materials, this weapon cannot cut through. We want this to be as defined as possible!
Edit: Tag correction

Prazutis

DONE! [member="Darth Metus"] I will not be editing strength 2, i already have included what you asked for in my own words!!!!! and Strength 3 is DONE.

[member="A'den Kyr'am"] | [member="Darth Metus"]

When a factory judge requests edits on a submission you have three options:
  1. Make the requested edits.
  2. Request a second chance.
  3. Calmly and in a respectful manner state your case and aim for a compromise.
Telling a factory judge that you outright refuse is the fastest course to an immediate denial followed by a denied request for a second chance after the fact.

A'den Kyr'am said:
i already did his edits in my own words

A'den Kyr'am said:
2: Made out of the lightsaber resistant material known as Duraplast
This is not what your judge is asking for. Duraplast is not lightsaber resistant, it can take more damage than standard materials (i.e; durasteel) but it isn't what is considered resistant - stuff like beskar (mandalorian iron), phrik, or cortosis.

Add the note that it can only take limited contact from a lightsaber or your submission is denied.

Prazutis

i already did, look in the weaknesess, it will not make sense to put a weakness into the strengths list. if you disagree with me i'm sorry, but i feel justified in saying that it takes limited strikes from a lightsaber is a weakness not a strength, and when the energy field is on it can go blow for blow with a lightsaber non stop until the powercell runs out.

A'den Kyr'am said:
if you disagree with me i'm sorry,
You can request your second chance and declare your reasoning there. This submission is denied.

Our second chance thread is located here, I suggest you think long and hard about refusing to complete a change requested by your judge if/when your second chance is approved - if your submission is denied during its second chance then it is permanently denied. Denied submissions cannot be introduced into role-play.

This submission has been denied and moved to the Archives.

You may request a Second Chance within the Factory Discussion Forum and tag [member="Jamie Pyne"] for review.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom