Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

En Route; Saleucami

Outer Rim;
Perlemian Trade Route;
Saleucami System.

32a10852-c285-45d2-acf9-aec77d26bc0d.jpg

The differences between this planet, and the planets within the rich core were clear. This was the outer rim, where there was no overzealous authority, or hovering reminder of submission. The people lived their lives in independent freedom, for the most part, governed by a more wild and primal version of life. Criminals and crime lords often took residence in these parts, and acted as more well known officials than the Republic itself. That said, there was nothing extremely unpleasant he had seen here during his stop. Nejaa's hand raised to lean his weight against the hull of his large starship. The Sith Infiltrator, a ship contrary to the preference of most jedi. Even so, he had come to appreciate it over the years, and it was even more than that. He had spent most of his pilot's life piloting that ship alone. He was sure his already shaky skills would drop quickly if he was forced behind the yoke of another spacecraft and expected to perform. Of course, as was custom, he had been given hands on experience in the normal Jedi starfighters, though he didn't much like the small, weak feeling of those one man ships. He needed something large enough to take a hit and continue flying.

He heard the voices of three men, his three men, coming closer. Republic pilots tasked with accompanying Nejaa on this particular mission. He had been assigned to monitor the comings and goings of a specific trade route known as the Perlemian Trade Route. Of course, it was not quite as simple as surveillance for polls and general information. His goal was the tracking of a Bounty Hunter who had mounted an attack on a Knight of the order, successfully killing the older man with sniper shots. He had skillfully eluded the Republic's attempts at finding him, and continued to act as a pain in their side. Of course, that meant Nejaa was dispersed to end the Bounty Hunter once and for all, another one of the convoluted missions he'd received from the darkening jedi. Orders which had not been given so simply. Of course not, a jedi would never ask for such a direct approach to be taken, no, it was all hints and suggestions without restricting powerfully vague ideas. Passive aggressive manipulations, self justified, yet just as sickening as those they considered their enemy.

"-Ey, Master Niynx," one of them offered in passing.
"Not master yet," he trailed off in response.
"Yeah well, what're you like thirteen? You've got time..."
"Yeah... thirteen..." he whispered vacantly, out of earshot.

It was true. He had always been young. Uncomfortably young, though he had grown used to it. Before most padawan learners were assigned masters of their own, he had been personally acquired by a member of the council who saw his potential. By the time he had rounded standard year 16, he had been Knighted and the padawan's braid removed. It felt like it should be respected all the more. And perhaps it was, on some level, but it felt more like his troopers thought of him as a child. As if, despite his rank, he would be as useless as any other teenage, average sized male. Of course, if it came down to it, most of his troops would trust him as they would another night, but it was the subtle moments that stung a bit more. He had refrained from speaking with these men, turbulent thoughts having pounded his mind for the better half of the last few years. Fears and anxieties of which there seemed to be no end. "I'm going into the town, stay here with the ships until I return. Oh, and send our status report back to Tython," he said with a firm voice as he began moving. The troopers acknowledged him with carefree nods, and continued their conversation with one another.

Nejaa wasted no time in deserting the men he had been placed in charge of. It sounded as if they were unable to speak of anything but their previous faction experiences. Battles, and piloting stories. Wars, and fights, accomplishments like he had never heard of before. Though, naturally, he had heard the same caliber of boastful and simpleton egos from many others within the Republic's forces. It didn't have to be annoying, he told himself, trying to cease the river of negative thoughts. But it just was. His face wore the smooth skin of a human boy, the same personage he always used. In fact, most of the men and women he worked with knew him as only this human boy. Only a specific few had seen his Clawdite's face, a face he was no where near proud of. His master had been one of them, but he was gone now, and Nejaa was forced to thrive by himself. Without a teacher shadowing him at every bend, for better or for worse. The other aliens on the planet scuffled around him, not very used to military presence, even that of the Republic. He had no reason to hide his jedi origin here within Republic space, but he still made sure to conceal his weapons and slid into a more populated section of town.

[member="Cross Ikon"]

Okay, come now, why must everything happen to me on vacation? There was a weird guy in Jedi robes walking out of an alley, right into my field of vision.

I looked up at him.

"Now, are you Jedi all determined to ruin my vacations? Or is it accidental?"

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Outer Rim;
Perlemian Trade Route;
Saleucami System.

It was the same, every time. Every time, he would land on world. Re consider his actions, only to eventually convince himself that he was doing the right thing. The right thing for himself, he had to remember. And every time, when he left his ship, he was interrupted by some kind of trouble. At least, these were the thoughts which provoked Nejaa's almost gasp of a response. Like he had been expecting it with each step. The man spoke with a relatively casual tone, approaching the young man, guilty as charged in being a Knight of the Order. Nejaa's hand, his right hand, flexed in the direction of his lightsaber, but stopped before it so much as completed the initial movement, plus, his weapon was concealed under his cloak anyway. He felt silly when his eyes came back to meet the older man. "I beg your pardon, sir? I've intended on ruining nothing, I can assure you that..."

[member="Cross Ikon"]

"I swear, every time I see one of you Jedi, it's a sure sign that my vacation's over. Osaa, that guy from Naboo, and now you, kid. What do you want?"

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Outer Rim;
Perlemian Trade Route;
Saleucami System.

Nejaa's eyes furrowed. Perhaps there was something that he was missing. And for a second, he thought of his original mission here. This wasn't his guy? He shrugged off the idea quickly, and came back into a stance of calm neutrality. In fact, he offered a small, humorous smile. How did he get caught in these awkward situations so easily? At least this was just awkward, and not painful. "Osaa... can't say I've heard of him before, sorry he gave you trouble. As for me, well, I was just trying to put some space between myself and those Republic troops, honestly." His smile, at first, was a bit nervous, but he upheld his charade and bent it into a full crescent. "Actually, you know anywhere I can get a... a blaster, here?" This time, he looked a bit more confident in his approach, and kept on it. "Like a gun, uhh, sir. I'm looking for something a bit... different." He looked like the type that might know the place, the outspoken ones could always help.

[member="Cross Ikon"]

"Oh, on the run from the Pubs? I could help, if I thought you'd be able to keep a secret. Guns, I can give you. Safety, too. But I gotta be able to trust you. What's your name?"

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Outer Rim;
Perlemian Trade Route;
Saleucami System.

He really was a dunce sometimes, he told himself. Had it been completely necessary to speak his honest mind to the relatively random deep spacer? With a subtle shake of his head, Nejaa began to think his idea a bad one. "Not... not on the run, no. Just need..." he gave up, finding that, should he continue, he'd more than likely dig himself a deeper hole. "I'm Jedi Knight Ne--" Probably shouldn't give the man his real name, "--Nedija Kom..." his voice trailed off, and he looked back up with a smile. "If you would be so kind... is there a, like, legal area to purchase what I'm looking for here?"

[member="Cross Ikon"]

"Most of the stores here would nave your face on cameras for record keeping. This is the area with the legal weapons. It's just that the Pubs could immediately be flying down on your ass."

I looked up at the Jedi from my cafe chair.

"Like I said, I can get you out of here, but I'd need to be able to trust you not to say anything about what you see."

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Outer Rim;
Perlemian Trade Route;
Saleucami System.

"Im not hiding from the law, I'm merely wanting to purchase a weapon. If there's anyone qualified to purchase a weapon it's a Jedi Knight." He paused, and looked back down into the man's eyes. "Sir, can you point me in the direction of a good blaster, without limitations on price, please?" His voice sounded exasperated, seasoned with a pinch of annoyance.

[member="Cross Ikon"]

"You're no Jedi Knight, [member="Nejaa Niynx"]. Even if I didn't know about the bounty those Pubs put on your head, you'd be given away by that wonderful reflexive movement for your blade when I stopped you. You need a blaster because the Force would give you away."

I looked into his face.

"There is no store on this planet where a camera wouldn't pick you up and tag you, Mr. Niynx. You'd need a way better disguise than anything you'd be able to fabricate on short notice, and you obviously didn't prepare for this situation. I'm completely serious when I say you're trapped in a corner."

Outer Rim;
Perlemian Trade Route;
Saleucami System.

He was just about done. Nejaa's annoyance was now seeping and overflowing. His mind attempted to calm itself, like a ship's engine cooling processes. As he spoke now, his lips were pulled a bit more tight, not in threat, but a simple step down from such an action. And even before he spoke, he remained silent for a second. What was this man talking about? He spoke with incorrect information as if he knew Nejaa better than himself. "Pardon?" He started. "On the landing bay, those are my men. Republic soldiers, garrisoned under me." Again, he paused, feeling a more violent and immature urge coming over his body, but repressing it before it so much as fully developed; even so, he had to say something. "Atop that, I've never concerned myself with cameras, nor identities. I suggest you watch your words with me, traveler. You clearly don't know who you're speaking with..."

[member="Cross Ikon"]

"And you don't know who you're speaking to, you pup. I was offering you protection, and you've just spat on it... A stupid mistake on your part, I'd say. And here you are, threatening me. With the troops that I heard were chasing you."

I pulled my gun out, not aiming at him yet, but gripping it.

"Now, apologize and get the hell away from me, or I'm going to make you wish you were never born."

(OOC: I confused you with another character.... And the intro post confused me more, ha ha. So, we could just keep going along like this, and Cross will never realize that it was an actual Jedi threatening him, not some rogue.)

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Outer Rim;
Perlemian Trade Route;
Saleucami System.

At first, he took another moment of silence, though his eyes watched like hawks. "You heard...?" he responded in a baffled, confused echo. When the man retrieved his own weapon, Nejaa merely gave a snide look as if to say 'you're kidding, right?' Though no words came from his delicate mouth. Finally, however, the tension had been broken and the conversation had advanced. In a sense, for some odd reason, it made things more clear. Nejaa could relax, and sip a deep breath. "You think yourself so informed, traveler." The force whispered to him, warning him of the man's violent abilities and attempting to push him on from this scene. He paid his mind little attention and instead pulled out a comlink from one of his belt patches. As he did so, he made sure to reveal one of his two lightsaber hilts, proving to some extent that he was in fact of the Jedi origin; though in reality it did little proving, and more suggested he was telling the truth. Though, what he did next would be leaps and bounds more useful.

Three clicks of the buttons along the comlink's edges, and he tossed the small contraption down onto the table. A hologram light lit up in three dimensional rays, blue, carrying the face of one of the Republic Troopers. <<Yessir, master Niynx?>> the voice said promptly. "Captain, are we ready?" The trooper looked back, and made no instant response, before coming back to attention. <<Yessir, ships are fueled, we'll be ready by the time you're back, shall we initiate the launching procedures?>> Nejaa merely shook his head, and smiled. "I'll be back soon enough, I'm dealing with... something, here." He spoke the word 'something' not as if referring to the situation he was in. Instead, he aimed the remark towards the traveler, as if demeaning him from 'somebody,' into 'something.' The force allowed the young teenager to recall the small device back to his hand and clip it safely back into his belt. The dark side of the force swelled inside of him with his 'victory,' urging him to take the fight even further and continue to prove himself as something greater.

"You would do well to withdraw that clumsy weapon... I may decide I want it..."

[member="Cross Ikon"]

"You might want to back the hell away. I might decide that I'm in need of a lightsaber or two."

I stood up and cocked my two cuff weapons, the slugthrower and the flamethrower.

"I'm not nearly as helpless as I look, [member="Nejaa Niynx"]."

Outer Rim;
Perlemian Trade Route;
Saleucami.

For a moment of what seemed like endless boiling fire, Nejaa restrained himself from lashing out. Quick and powerful tethers over a temper which seemed infinite at the moment. It would be so easy, too, so easy to remove the man's arm before he could so much as flinch; but the force began to erode these feelings and he let out a shallow exhale. Clearly, the two males had reached a stand still in their communication, and there was an increasingly little amount to say to one another. Already, two weapons faced him, only one posing any real threat. It didn't require a master to sense the lack of midi-chlorians within the man, but such information surprisingly didn't relieve the young male. A cautious eye fell towards the weapons, as if unimpressed by the display of violence. "You often pull weapons on your conversational partners, traveler," his tone raised as it does when asking a question. "Listen, I don't know who you think I am, or what you think you know about me," he gestured to the booth seating just across the table from the Admiral. He didn't ask, though he did give a brief facial expression which might loosely translate to 'do you mind?'

"Withdraw your weapons, there's no need for violence here." He said, without sounding as if he was giving orders, merely making a wise suggestion. "In truth, I've come here seeking information, though a pistol may perhaps be a fun venture..." Almost before he finished, one of the servers, a droid with female programming, swung over on a set of three wheels and blurted her greetings to Nejaa, cheerfully inquiring as to what Nejaa would be having during his stay. It was merely water at first, though he quickly changed his mind and asked for a warm mug of bajjah. "You're... from around these parts," he asked skeptically, hoping the Hapan before him would have enough respect and wit to answer truthfully.

[member="Cross Ikon"]

"If I told you where I was from, a stripling like you would never believe me. But I'm a firm believer in the idea that liquor can solve most problems. So, sit down and order... And stop trying to use mind tricks on me. It's terribly rude."

I sat back down at the table, holstering the pistol, and de-cocking the slugthrower, though I could still shoot the flamethrower at a second's notice.

"So, if you're not [member="Nejaa Niynx"] the wanted fugitive, then who the hell are you, exactly?"

Outer Rim;
Perlemian Trade Route;
Saleucami.

OOC: Nejaa Niynx is not a fugitive, or even wanted by most any system. Perhaps, in the world of criminals and crime he's not very well liked, purely for being a Jedi of the Republic. Though, as far as his current social standing, Nejaa is a well respected Jedi who was trained by the previous grandmasters of the Jedi Order, Darron Wraith and Ben Watts.

IC: "I'll not have alcohol, I've never cared for the taste," Nejaa said dryly, dismissing the man's offer without much thought. Bajjah was a sweet, frothy drink often served at breakfast or during lighter meals of the day. It was especially popular during the winter times, or when temperature left chills, though he doubted it was often ordered on Saleucami, seeing as the world was a volcanic one. Hot, to say the least. Even so, it had been a good long while since he'd had the beverage, and the thought of tasting it had instantly excited him.

"And I do hope you'll stop with all of this confusing banter. I am Nejaa Niynx, Jedi of the Republic, and not wanted under any search query I could find. Whoever it is you're looking for, this, this fugitive Jedi, it's not me, nor another by that name."

Nejaa's drink finally arrived, being pushed onto the table before him. It was large, and steamed with a heat which Nejaa only now understood as uncomfortable. No matter, he'd merely need to wait until it had cooled a great deal before sipping away at the thick liquids. "I've given you all of the proof I know how to salvage now," and yet there was still something the admiral was missing. "I'm searching for a man, a man I believe to be here among the Perlemian Trade Routes. Although I'm unsure of your feelings towards the Republic, you might be able to help me out a bit? Answer a few questions yourself...?"

[member="Cross Ikon"]

"Yeah, so you're not a fugitive. Just another Jedi interrupting one of my vacations. So, you wanna give me a name on that target, or do you want me to stick my neck out and find it myself. Cos you're paying me triple if the latter's the case."

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Outer Rim;
Perlemian Trade Route;
Saleucami.

Settle down, he thought, though his thoughts nearly came out as audible voice. The man seemed ready for something, hyped up on expectations and false information, though the lot of it had confused the young Jedi. The man before him was not someone of average appearance. At first glance, anyone would consider the admiral to be a human, and even Nejaa was under the same impression, though he was beautiful. As if genetics had given him everything he'd asked for, a crisp suit and those fanciful guns, there was nothing ordinary about this man. "With all due respect, this is an official mission of the Republic. Information from such missions is not easily distributed. Beyond that, you've not even spoken your name, I'm still calling you traveler." Nejaa motioned with his hands, and then grabbed the bajjah for another long, noisy sip.

"... Tell me who you are, convince me your worth my time and information... It does not require a mastery of the force far beyond that of my own to discover that you're hiding yourself away from me."

[member="Cross Ikon"]

"The name's Bond. James Bond."

I grinned at the stunned-looking Jedi, and laughed.

"Seriously, though. I don't give out my name so freely to people who'd probably arrest me if they knew who I was. Since you're so interested, I'll tell you that I am Hapan. And I'm an Admiral. Do whatever you wish with that information. Official missions hold no secrets from me, but just the fact that you're looking in the Perlemian Route tells me there's something up."

I took a pull at my whiskey.

"Now, I also don't help people who don't like to give me the facts. Who is this man, and why is he on a trade route that's not even used by anybody but merchants?"

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom