Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Embracing the Galaxy

Onith Trill

O
OOC: Forgot to apply tags. This is a private thread between @[member="Curupira Hawk"] and myself.

"How long will this take demon?" Taleen mouthed at her companion, a 7-LOM protocol droid who served as her pilot. She hated this, this powerlessness to go where she wanted. Relying on this creature of stone and metal to traverse the heavens, she wished she knew how to pilot the infernal machines. But in the end, she did not, and despite Go-LOM's best efforts to teach her, she had no comprehension of this 'technology' wizardry that made the ship work. How could it fly with no wings? How did the fire of the . . . enginess, not consume the ship? No animal nor witch Taleen knew of lit themselves on fire to go faster, but somehow the ship traversed the stars with it. The droid had also informed her that the ship's diet consisted solely of some liquid called 'fuel' and that they would have to stop every once in a while. Still, Taleen hated not putting her feet on the forest ground, or drinking the water of the river. This 'space travel' was hard on the soul.

"We shall arrive at our destination in approximately 2.35 days." Go-LOM responded, still controlling the beast with an arrangements of sticks and boils that didn't pop. Taleen was annoyed that the demon still would not speak in mere numbers, but numbers and points and more numbers. If it was two days it was two days and if it was three it was three. What did two point three five mean? Two three or five days? Where did the fourth day go? It all confused Taleen greatly, but she had no other way of achieving her goal of ridding the galaxy of the heretic Jai and bringing back ships for the Nightsisters. She would have to learn eventually.

"We are being hailed Mistress Taleen." Go-LOM spoke to Taleen.

"You say it hails but yet no ice falls above our heads? Speak plain Go-LOM." Taleen said, irritated at the demon once again.

"Mistress, I mean to say that another ship wishes to communicate with us. They are asking permission to dock." Go-LOM stated to the woman. Communicate, permission, dock, stranger and stranger were the words of the stone demon. Taleen thought for a minute and tried to decipher what the droid meant, but found no solution.

"Allow it." Taleen said to Go-LOM, who pressed one of the glowing boils of the ship. Suddenly she felt something rock the ship, as if a claw had latched on to it from the side. "What are you doing? Prepare to kill!" Taleen said as she picked up her spear and enchanted it with power, power enough to stand up to sword of lightning and cut through stone and metal. Go-LOM looked confused, or as confused as a bug eyed stone demon could, then grabbed his 'chimera' stick that shot fire and joined her as she rushed to where the claw latch came from.

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
The trip hadn't been planned. But much had happened to Curupira in the past months that she simply couldn't help herself from borrowing Ket's ship and setting course for Dathomir. She was a mother and an aunt and she had all this family she didn't know about before. And Áine'ki had told her so much that her head felt like it was about to explode from the information. The Singing Mountain Elder seemed to know what she was taking about so it was best to go ask her. At least it seemed that way to Ruu when she set sail.

Expect, she didn't notice something when she took off and she didn't notice it until the whole ship went beeping. Which freaked her own to no end. Ket was going to kill her. The ship was beeping and Curupira wasn't sure what the hell it wanted. Finally settling down enough, she looked through what was written on the screen, it was giving her a lot of information but only thing caught her attention: 'low on fuel'.

She'd never seen that one. Usually the ship was prepped and ready. All she had to do was clumsily get off the ground and then let the autopilot do the rest. What was she supposed to do with low on fuel? Was she just gonna stop moving? Be stranded in space? She was so gonna be in trouble.

Except! The ship altered her of something else. Golden eyes focused on the screen again and noticed it altering her of another ship approaching. "Awesome!" She quickly said out loud. That was just what she needed. Maybe someone on the ship could help her with this low on fuel business she didn't know how to fix. She sent a quick request to do. Once docking was complete, Curupira rushed over to the doors where the two ships connected, waiting impatiently for the doors to open.

Finding empty space on the other end, Curupira called out "Hello?" like it was just another ordinary day. Which it was to her. She never did quite think of any possible consequences. If she did, he probably would have had her two weapons at her side but they lay comfortably on the co-pilot seat on the Deceased Star.

Onith Trill

O
"Hello?" Taleen heard a female voice echo from the other end of the connecting claw. At least it was a female, and she didn't have to deal with one of the space-men who thought he had rights.

"Go-LOM, can you tell me how many people are with this woman?" Taleen whispered to the demon of stone and metal, careful not to be heard on the other end. Taleen had confidence in her skills and her magic, but she was only one woman, and she had no idea what sort of beast or monster could be traveling the stars.

"Ship Sensors indicated that the Vessel only had one life sign Mistress." Go-LOM replied. Again with the space mumbo-jumbo he rambled. Sensors, indicate, Vessel, life sign . . . Go-LOM had said he 'sensors' as eyes, so the ship only saw vessell had one life sign. Life sign must have meant creature, and Vessell . . . Vessell had to be the other ship, because there was nothing else in the void she traveled that ship could have seen! The ship only saw one person. Taleen reasoned out of the demon's confusing statements. I can take one space-witch if they try to attack. Taleen comforted herself as she motioned for Go-LOM to open the door.

"I am Taleen of the Nightsisters. Who are you, and what do you want?" Taleen said as she raised her magic-empowered spear to the woman revealed as the door opened.

Se blinked as the doors opened, revealed the dark skinned woman and the droid at her side. The woman introduced herself as Taleen of the Nightsisters. Yep, something she actually knew about her planet. "Hi! I'm Curupira D'Arr Hawk, born Singing Mountain, turned Sith..." Did the woman know what a Sith was? "That's kinda like Nighsisters on Dathomir. We're darksided." She added, just to be sure.

Golden eyes watched the spear in Taleen's hand and titled her head. "Nifty weapon. There's no need for that. The silly ship," Ruu started, gesturing behind her at the Deceased Star with which she arrived, "tells me it's low on fuel. I don't get ships but I'm pretty sure after low on fuel, you get stranded in the middle of nowhere." Whether it was to happen in two minute or in five hours, she had no idea. But Curupira got enought o know that low on fuel was bad. Very bad.

@[member="Taleen"]

Onith Trill

O
The woman explained she was a part of the Singing Mountain Clan, then turned into something a 'Sith', something she equated to being like a Nightsister. In Taleen's discussions with Go-LOM, she had come to the conclusion that the 'Sith' were like Nightsisters in their approach to magic, but also that they served a man, calling him 'Emperor'. Heretics and fools the lot of them. Still, this one was born a Witch like her, so perhaps she did not serve this 'Emperor'.

"Go-LOM, do you know this woman?" Taleen asked the droid, curious to see if she was affiliated with the Sith that she killed on her planet.

"I have no record of a Sith matching this woman's description Mistress, though my databanks may be incomplete." The droid jumbled in it's space talk. Go-LOM had his uses sure, but Taleen hated the thing with a passion. If it would talk like a normal person she would be fine with it, but it seemed the droid did everything it could to make every aspect of space life confusing and difficult for Taleen. Taleen looked at the droid, and then looked at the woman, then back at the droid.

"Can we help her?" Taleen asked the droid curiously. The woman, at least to her knowledge, did not serve a man and also had seemed to have learned the ways of the space farers she hoped to conquer. She could be a useful ally for her and the Nightsisters.

"If we latch her ship to ours we have enough fuel to carry both vessels to the planet Iridonia and refuel. However, I do not believe we have the credits to refuel both vessels." The droid babbled on. Credits, credits, credits. Credits were something used to trade for something, yet had no value of their own. Taleen remembered Go-LOM explaining the concept to her, bartering with a standard instead of actual items for trade. Foolishness in Taleen's opinion, but she reasoned they could be obtained easily enough.

"If you and I can find these 'credits' on the planet then we can help you with the fuel." Taleen spoke slowly, making sure all of the right words came out.

Why was she asking the droid if it knew her? And why was the droid talking about databanks? "What databank? What are you two on about?" Ruu was in no blasted databank, thank you very much. And she didn't like people keeping lists of her anywhere. It was much like being labeled. And Ruu hated being labeled. With passion. Okay, so she did call herself a Sith but hey, that was special. She was asked. And she claimed in return. It was a wonderful event. But that was Curupira, getting sidetracked sometimes.

Could they help her? That certainly brought her back to the right now. Why was she chatting with the droid like he was all human and stuff. Last she checked, droids were meant to be useful and mess with. Okay, she didn't mind messing with droids and their all too serious for their own good talk. It was funny sometimes. They wanted to take the Deceased Star with them to Iridonia and refuel. But that needed credits. "Okay!" The girl quickly added. She was fine with this.

Find credits? Wait... what? Find? "You can't find credits. They don't grow on trees or anything like that. You can steal them if you're the type." Sure, thieves happened. She knew that. "But I can pay for the fuel. And if I don't have enough credits, I can sell a thing or two I own to get more credits." Ruu was never attached to things really. And she had tons of stuff left behind from being Seth Draclau's adopted daughter. Daddy-o had money so she never had to worry about it while she was with him. She had money now but she didn't earn it so she could always run out. But that was where pretty expensive things came in. She could get credits.

"So, where were you headed before I dropped in?" The redhead asked, at random, mostly curiously. She didn't dwell on the fact that the Nightsister would help her. Curupira had a talent of running into people and getting along with them, most of the time. She'd be far more confused if they denied helping her for no good reason to do so. This was way more realistic to the girl.

@[member="Taleen"]

Onith Trill

O
Taleen looked at the woman in surprise, and curiosity. She assumed you obtained credits by killing people and taking their credits, for all of the credits she had found were obtained by killing her ship's previous owners. This woman didn't seem to care about credits, so she must have either been a strong warrior, or perhaps a cunning thief as she had talked about stealing. Taleen thought on this and viewed the woman with respect, for one way or another she had to have had talent. As the woman asked what they were doing, Taleen figured that as a fellow Witch and an accomplished woman of the stars she deserved to know.
"Well, we weren't anywhere specific. I am going to find ships and bring them back to Dathomir, so that others of my clan might join me in conquering the stars. Do you know the best way to do such a thing?" Taleen inquired, wondering if such a wealthy woman would share a way to help her clan.

@[member="Curupira Hawk"]

Nowhere specific, looking for ships to bring them back to Dathomir. So, an adventure. Ruu loved adventures. It was magical word and anyone who knew her well enough or accidentally used it could easily get her to join in on the fun. Taleen hadn't used it though so she assumed. That was okay too.

Did she know of a good to get ships? The redhead thought about it for a moment but could only come up with two ways. "I know two ways. First is that you buy ships. But that costs a lot of money. Even I don't have that kind of money otherwise I wouldn't be borrowing my mate's ship all the time." Heh, borrowing yes. Telling him about it, not so much. But it was still borrowing in her mind. She always returned it back to where she found it. And the second way? "You can steal ships too. But often that not, they have lots of people in them. You need a whole crew to be a pirate and take what isn't yours. People do that a lot, you know. Call themselves pirates, have their own crews, steal ships and possessions." She'd never met a pirate though so she didn't really know how it worked but that was just how she imagined it happened. Big crew, weapons, threats.

@[member="Taleen"]

Onith Trill

O
"Stealing or buying hmm? I guess I'll have to steal some ships then." Taleen thought aloud. Killing people and taking ships sounded easier then killing people and buying ships. But it would still take her quite a while to amass enough ships to transport her clan, and she by the way the woman described it she would almost need a clansworth of people to do it.

"Golom, get the ships together and set for the planet you spoke of" Taleen ordered as reality set in for her. Taleen realized her assigned task would be a huge one. She couldn't pilot a ship without Go-LOM, and he could only pilot one ship. She would need lots of people to steal ships and she had nothing to offer them, at least nothing of immediate value. She wished the Matriarch had given her more witches to work with, but she was alone. Perhaps though . . .

"Would you join me in becoming one of these 'pirates'?" Taleen asked as she turned to the woman.

Stealing it was! Curupira giggled. "Always the more fun option." Not that she stole but handing credits into people's hands hardly had entertainment written over it. She could definitely see the appeal in it. Of course, first they had to get the Deceased Star. She couldn't return the ship to her mate in its current state. So the droid getting them there was the sound option. Wait, the droid piloted? "I have to get me one of those," Ruu commented out loud. A droid piloting the ship would be the end of her piloting troubles. Sure, she could learn more about it and become good at it but franky, the redhead just saw it as a lost cause. Every time she took the wheel in her hands, the whole damn ship protested like she was going to drown it or something.

Would she join her in becoming a pirate? Curupira's golden hue suddenly began to shine, a momentary thing, as her entire mind swelled with the possibility of adventures Yes, another magical phrase that sparked the girl's interest. "Yes! I wanna! It'll be fun." As adult as she was, the childish desire for fun was still very powerful within her. Curupira could never resist it.

@[member="Taleen"]

Onith Trill

O
The Witch confused her. She obviously had power, and she did not seem to have a body of a child, but in ways she spoke and acted like one. Taleen wondered if that was a trait of this woman or all of the Singing Mountain clan. Taleen wondered how the the woman had managed to sail around the stars alone, without the help of one of the non-Dathomirans, or a demon like Go-LOM. Such information in taming a ship would be invaluable. Taleen began thinking of ways to learn information from the woman, but also thought that the woman had offered her help, so she would bring no harm to the girl, provided she stayed out Taleen's way.

"Thank you for your help Curupira. Tell me though, how did a Witch like yourself go from the Singing Mountain to wandering the stars?" Taleen inquired, curious about how Curupira managed to leave Dathomir.

Help? She was in it for the fun, the adventure and general existence of chaos which was pretty much how she enjoyed her life being. Explained why insane people attracted her so. Ruu had a gift for finding those out of the ordinary types, always had.

How did she go from her clan to wandering the stars? It was oddly formed question to her and it took Curupira second to catch on what 'wandering the stars' actually meant. Since she didn't consider herself to wander the stars. She was more about getting from a to b, flying in a spaceship to get there was just part of the process.

"The clan was attacked by one of the Nighsister tribes when I was little and I got sold into slavery. From then on I was slave for a few years and then I got bought and adopted by the coolest guy there is. He taught me about the galaxy, their language and the like. I know my history 'cos one of our clan elders told be stuff. Not a lot though." Yes, the Singing Mountain Clan was attacked by some Nightsisters. She didn't know which one though the Elder did say that within the Mountain lived a clan they rivaled the most. Maybe the elder mentioned the name but it didn't stick with Ruu.

She also didn't think much of telling Taleen that it was the Nightsisters who attacked the clan. She was just telling her tale. She didn't know any Nightsisters other than Taleen and she didn't label people just like she hated being labeled. "What about you? How did you end up on a ship with a droid as your companion? And do you have a rancor?" Rancors were fun. But the only reason she brought it up was because when being told of Dathomir she heard companion and rancor in the same sentence so the association came easily to her.

@[member="Taleen"]

Onith Trill

O
Interesting that she was sold to man instead of her purchasing one. Taleen decided it was an issue she would push later, after their 'pirating' business had taken off. She said she knew of the Galaxy, and Taleen wished to know it's innerworkings as well and she suspected that Ms Hawk would be a much better teacher then the Go-LOM. Even more interesting however, was the freedom in which she told Taleen these things after she introduced herself to Hawk as a Nightsister.

"What about you? How did you end up on a ship with a droid as your companion? And do you have a rancor?" Mrs Hawk asked Taleen about herself. She thought the question of Rancors were strange, but when she thought of it she had been sold out of Dathomir for a long time. Perhaps she was young, and had forgotten. And she used that word that Go-LOM kept pushing on her, 'droid'. Perhaps that was the name space-farers called spirits who inhabited stone and metal like he did. Go-LOM's ramblings were beginning to make more sense now.

"The ship was used in an attack on Dathomir. I killed it's men and the . . . droid" Taleen fumbled out the word, trying to make sure she used the word properly "you spoke of deemed me it's new master as I was superior to it's former owner. He is exceptionally useful, primarily for being able to tame this beast." Taleen said, speaking of the ship. "I have tamed many a Rancor yes, but I was unable to bring one with me. It seems these 'ships' are not typically big enough to transport them."

Curupira frowned at this bit of information. She didn't know why they attacked Dathomir nor did she care. That was wrong. As far as she knew, no family members were left behind on the planet but still, it was meant to be home if things didn't happen the way it did. And she needed to have a chat with the elder again. She really couldn't stand when people randomly possibly threatened her plans. She made few of them but she still liked them to happen.

Luckily Taleen killed the men on board. "Good. They deserve to die when they try and disrupt Dathomir's peace when it's done nothing to it." Killing was perfectly fine. Even more so, if there was a legit reason. Not that it was necessary but Ruu tended to get even more behind it with the right reason. But then, even the smallest of threats to her loved ones, even if not to kill, could tick her off.

The droid deemed her its new master as she was superior to it's former owner? Okay. She didn't really have droids to know exactly how they worked but usually they went with anyone who bought them so they'd probably to with someone who killed their former owners. Exceptionally useful was a good description of it, that Curupira knew, giving a nod. "Definitely. I need to get a droid to run my ship. Most of my travels are done on autopilot 'cos I completely lack the talent." While Curupira was a mimic and could easily tap into knowledge by observing other but she didn't have plenty of time in examining others.

Tamed many rancors but she was unable to bring one of them with her. The ships weren't big enough to transport them. "Yeah. Such a shame though. They're adorable." The few that she did get to see, Curupira loved rancors. She wanted to have one herself some day. The elder's rancor, the head mother was the female called her, Nadie, was exceptionally nice to her. They'd hit it off quite well right away. Of course, Curupira didn't know that the rancor was a family one and she remembered her from when she was a child. The elder didn't explain that part just as she left out the piece of information where she was Curupira's great grandmother.

@[member="Taleen"]

Onith Trill

O
"Yes, a Rancor would be nice right now. Especially I could out of here and finally on land again." Taleen said and complained, as she was finding she did not enjoy space travel.

"We have begun docking procedures Mistress Taleen. We should be planetside in around 15 minutes." The droid chimed in like clockwork, as if to dispel her claims. Foul demon, undermining Taleen's words in front of a guest. She would have to deal with him later. At least the interruption was a good one, and they would be able to feed her ship and Curupira's ship. Perhaps they could even find some of those 'pirates' Curupira was talking about to try and steal some ships. Taleen was excited to finally explore a new land, a new planet. This 'Iridonia' as Go-LOM put it, would be the first planet to learn of the power of the Nightsisters.

"So where on this planet will we find the fuel and pirates we need?" She said turning to Curupira as she prepared to dock.

Not the space traveling type then. Curupira had heard of people like that, not just those that came from Dathomir. She had personally gotten used to it as a child already so she didn't really think much of it. Just something she did to get around. "It's just a necessity."

The droid spoke up again, this time just to let them know it would take another fifteen minutes to be ready to exit. Curupira said nothing to it, droids did that. It was useful information. She did however turn back to Taleen when she heard the question. Her best guest was the spaceport. Provided they had a proper one like Coruscant did. "Uh, never been to the planet. If it has a spaceport, we should be able to refuel there," the redhead offered first.

Now for pirates... "I'm not sure about the pirates. Suspicious folk then to flock to cantinas. Maybe we'll find some here." But that was a maybe. Curupira tended to run into all sorts of people, she just never looked for specific types.

@[member="Taleen"]

Onith Trill

O
"I suspect we will find the pirates easily enough." Taleen said, speaking of the search for pirates. Taleen had a knack for identifying Nightsisters as opposed to Allyan Witches. She suspected the pirate finding process would be much the same. "Golom, can you find fuel?"

"I have located an adequate fueling station by examining the maps of the spaceport we are currently docking with." The demon stated, as if Taleen could understand all that mumbo-jumbo. Taleen hoped that Curupira could understand him.
Whoosh. The ground shaked as Taleen and Curupira's ship landed on the surface. Taleen opened the loading ramp to find four men holding large metal sticks at her.

"We're here to take your-" One of the men began before Taleen stabbed him in the chest.

They'd find pirates easily enough? Curupira just shrugged. "Okay!" Nothing more to add there. She didn't know how to find them exactly so if Taleen said they'd find the easily, the redhead took her word for it. No reason not to. The droid found them fuel in the spaceport in the meantime. Seemed like she was right about that, making the girl smile. "I knew it! Great!" There was just one little detail. "Hey, droid, you know how to fill up a spaceship with fuel, right?" Not once since she's started taking the Deceased Star did she have to do it so Curupira didn't even know where the fuel went on the ship. Golom, as Taleen called him, was a droid after all. He should have known.

With the ship giving a sudden shake, the Sith held on to its walls, letting go only once they were settled. The sight of the four men once the doors opened made her blink. "That was fast," she said in an ordinary voice as one of the man spoke of taking something, only to get stabbed in the chest. "Hey, hey, pirates. Don't kill them, hire them." But there was a matter of guns. Focusing on the Force, Curupira sped through the ship in a blink of an eye, gathering the weapons of the three remaining men. Once she was finally visible again, they were weaponless and the redhead inspected them in her hands.

@[member="Taleen"]

Onith Trill

O
"Hey, hey, pirates. Don't kill them, hire them." Taleen heard the voice of Curupira before she seemed to instantaneously capture the weapons of the remaining men. Taleen looked at the men, now in terror, after their disarming and loss of their partner. Taleen looked at curpira, then to the pirates.

"You will work for me or I will kill you." She said directly, the pirates nodded, complying in fear. "Take us to where we can find fuel." Taleen finished, and the pirates began to run ahead, beckoning Taleen and Curupira to follow. Taleen turned to address @[member="Curupira Hawk"] "Thank you for holding me back. We have gained three men I would have killed."

Curupira was busy studying the weapons she collected. None of them seemed to catch her interest so she threw them behind her head, hearing them fall to the metal floor. There were certain weapons she liked and tended to keep but otherwise, Ruu didn't much care for any of it. The woman's words suddenly made her look at the female. She was thanking her for holding her back?

"No problem" the redhead just said and realized the three men were running and calling them to follow them. "Lets go," she just said and started running after the three men. She liked running. It was fun. The ship didn't really let her do it even though it was a big one so this was certainly a nice change. When she finally caught up with them, it was in front of the fueling service at the spaceport, with the man tending to it looking slightly confused at the terrified looks of the three men and Curupira's very upbeat face expression. She ignored that though and gestured to the Deceased Star. "Fill her up, to the top."

@[member="Taleen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom