Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Elths'lsko

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Maverick

T
Warning, a bit gruesome and containing Satanic Imagery
antonio-j-manzanedo-diablo-manzanedo.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Religion Name: Elths'lsko
  • Religion Type: Monotheist
  • Influence: Solitary
  • Symbol: The symbols consist of a five pointed star surrounded by a circle (Pentagram) with the skull of any creature in it
  • Description: This religion is a demonic religion, ruled by a god. While the imagery is hellish, the religion is truly for an angel (No not the angel of death). It worships the Kulthatca, an ancient angel said to bring peace at the harm of others. The religion could be considered satanic, but no, it says that to sacrifice one animal, being or creature, this is a call to the angel who then bestows the power. During the ritual the skull grows flesh and a third eye, and upon opening the eye Kulthatca appears. It bestows a power to bring peace. While these powers aren't god like in anyway they grant the user a dark presence, and they can turn light into dark (it would look like closing your eyes, but you may see yourself). While this may seem immense, the user may only harm who tries to destroy peace, and may be struck down themselves. The ability doesn't last for long and requires the user to be in full trance leaving him vulnerable. (In other context, while using this the user may not harm, but be harmed, it is only used to scare enemies).
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Founder: The Prophet of Kelsh, this is in ancient writings but those have been lost to time, In the forgotten texts though he was spoken to by Kulthatca, and told to make the symbol, and others soon followed.
  • Membership: One must create the symbol on one's own, inducting them into it, but they may not have any help or hints. This can be done by learned by reading sacred texts or the angel finding one in a dream. The texts are the one exception, and if helped the ritualist and helper's heads are consumed.
  • Sacred: Nothing is sacred to these people (person)
  • Dogma: One may only harm others who seek to control or harm what isn't theirs.
  • Reputation: It is known by few and none know more than the ritual.

MEMBERS
The Maverick

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

"For peace must come chaos." - The Prophet of Kelsh

This religion was known to keep its planet safe over any force, and it terrified many to even think about the void they saw. It smashed invaders and scared off bounty hunters. While seeming threatening the people of it were peaceful and treated as all others, they were considered helpers and after protecting towns, they may receive gifts that they turn down. The religion is very holy to its people, but died off with most of the planet. Eventually one remained, not willing to say a word about it. Maverick had seen the angel in his dreams calling him to make the symbol, out of fun he did it and he was bestowed the power.

The Planet: The planet was a powerful one, Kelsh, unfortunately it was ground zero for a Death Star weapon test. The crew of that Death Star, died in their own mysterious ways. People who fly by the remains report hearing voices and some go missing, these are the ones without cause to live, nothing to fight for. The reason few texts exist is that most were blown up during the ground zero event of the Death Star.

[member="The Maverick"] This is a neat religion, very spooky! A few things here to jump out at me however. We'll start with necessary changes I'd like you to make.

Firstly, your image is broken. I've gone ahead and made a link for you to use for it, let me know if it works for you:
I'd like for you to put it in a spoiler as well, with a mild body horror warning for the sake of queasy readers.

The next one is in your description:

The Maverick said:
it says that to sacrifice one animal, being or creature grants the ritualist the power to bring freedom. During the ritual the skull grows flesh and a third eye, and upon opening the eye Kulthatca appears. It bestows a power to bring peace.

Can you clarify the first sentence? As it is, it implies the sacrificed being grants power, but the Kulthatca is the one granting power in the sentences that follow.

Next is just a few suggestions, and aren't mandatory:

The Maverick said:
Founder: Unknown (The Prophet of Kelsh)
I would change this to "The Prophet of Kelsh, though this information has been lost to time" to help the flow of reading

The Maverick said:
Membership: One must create the symbol on one's own, inducting them into it, but they may not have any help or hints.
I'd like to see this a little bit more fleshed out. What about anyone who was born into the religion? Did they also have to do this? Do they need to use anything specific to create the symbol? Blood? Paint? Bones? This is, of course, optional but let me know what you decide to do here

Your history section is short and sweet, which I like! I do have a couple questions though: What happened to the planet? What killed off the people there? How long ago did this happen? Why is the Maverick the only survivor?

Tag me once your done making the changes I've asked for, and let me know what you think of my suggestions!

The Maverick

T
[member="Taozi Fuyuan"] I have done what you have asked, and added a bit to the history :D

[member="Taozi Fuyuan"] | [member="The Maverick"]

I have to admit I love to see people creating religions for their characters. I just have a few questions to clear things up in my mind.

First of all, Kelsh, is this an existing planet, in either canon or as a subbed costum planet? A quick search only yielded a result of this metal.

This leads into the Prophet of Kelsh. You say that his identity is known only through ancient writings lost to time, but could you expand a little on that? What led him to create the religion, who was he, jsut a few more deetails to help people better understand the context of your religion. The codex template, here, does ask for a brief blurb, and while you can keep the details lost as they currently are I would recommend providing a few more details for your future roleplay partners.

Please tag me back when you have read through my notes and let me know what you wish to do.

The Maverick

T
[member="John Locke"] Kelsh doesn’t exist in lore or sub, and it is the planet, but it was destroyed

And the reasons the texts were lost was the planet being blown up

There is nothing significant about the prophet, he just created the religion

If I need to do any permanent edits I can

[member="The Maverick"]

I'd prefer if it if you could add a few more details please, even if it's just an insignificant man who was touched by the spirits to create the religion. Just a few extra details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom