Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Eliariah's Sting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valgærd

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Thorn_Of_Ryloth.png

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Eliarah (Umai’s Mother)
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Umai
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Phrik, Blood Poison Gem
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Wrist-mounted blade
  • Size: Tiny
  • Weight: Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Folds up to look like a simple leather armband
  • Force-imbued: Umai’s mother as a master witch who was able to force imbue this item to stay physically hidden by the force at an expert level, its true purpose recognisable only to those of her bloodline, or those who might have seen it use in the past. However, once the blade is not retracted, this deadly assassin blade will be spotted by any attacked individual.
  • Sharp phrik blade allows the blade to have a sharp edge made for cutting quickly and lightly, hard enough to penetrate many standard, softer materials at close range.
  • Blood Poison: Due to the gem, the source of the alchemized blade permeates the device it with poison. This poison is very effective to the point that causes so much pain on contact to the point of stunning the individual.
Strengths:
  • Now You See Me: When folded up and worn by a member of Eliariah’s bloodline, Eliariah’s Sting is almost completely indistinguishable from a standard leather armband, making it easily passable as a decorative piece. It even goes so far as to have metal detailing, to explain why it might set of metal-detectors
  • Now You Don’t: Eliariah herself crafted this weapon, imbuing it with the force in order to deter those who might want a closer look at it. Does that… look like it unfolds? Oh, no, it was just a trick of the light… Only a Master of the force would be able to see beyond the force illusion that surrounds this tiny blade
  • Just a Prick of a Finger: Incredibly sharp and exceedingly deadly at close range, this assassin’s blade need only prick the skin of a victim for them to potentially have the chance feel the effects of the blood-poison gem; its potent venom immediately entering the bloodstream to cause intense, blinding pain for those unlucky enough to feel its sting
  • What the Phrik: Constructed from one of the hardest materials in the galaxy, the wings themselves on this duel-bladed weapon are incredibly sturdy, able to not only slice through many standard, softer materials such as leathers, but even if the artefact had were to break, the blades themselves would likely be salvagable
Weaknesses:
  • Intimacy Issues: The Sting is meant for assassinations, a quick jab at an unprepared individual. It requires that the wielder get in very close to their target, much closer than anyone planning to actually fight would want to get
  • Not for Duelling: Have you ever tried to parry a sword strike from what effectively amounts to a wrist-mounted butterfly? Perhaps blocking a jab with it? Despite its Phrik construction, the sheer miniscule size of this weapon means it’s effectively useless in proper duelling, leaving its wielder to rely on other weapons if they want protection
  • Small and delicate: Even though the blades are constructed from Phrik, the artefact as a whole contains a lot of small, moving parts. As a result, it’s relatively delicate when extended, and it would take only one or two aimed strikes at the mechanism to break it
  • Force Nullification: As with all artefacts imbued with the force; including everything the witch passed onto her daughter, the illusion granted by the force imbuement of Eliariah's Sting would be rendered inert within a force nullification bubble
  • Those vibrations: Moving parts, particularly the tiny components in such an intricate device, are particularly susceptible to intense vibrations and sonic weaponry. If Eliariah’s Sting was ever exposed to something whilst extended, it would suffer significant damage almost instantly, and if it was while it was folded up, it would not take long to damage it
DESCRIPTION
Eliariah’s Sting is tiny; the twin winged-looking blades barely four inches long each. But don’t let the delicacy of this butterfly-shaped phrik weapon fool you. Imbued into the blades is the dust of a blood-poison gem, meaning that even the tiniest puncture from the sharpened edges cab cause a devastating reaction in its intended target.
Additionally, that puncture can come even through some armours and physical protections, considering the phrik present in the blade’s construction.
Eliariah’s Sting puts ‘retractable’ in a new light. Thanks to the woman’s magic and adept craftsmanship, the blade not only folds up to appear like a simple armband with decorative metal detailing, but also tricks the mind into seeing just that, leaving only those powerful in the force able to see through the illusion.

However, such a weapon was not made without its costs. Mostly these are due to its size. For one, its miniscule size gives it a certain delicacy. Attacking the blade directly with any force at all would shatter the connections between the movable parts, rendering it useless. In some cases, even strong enough vibrations would cause the same effect.
The concealability of the weapon also comes at another cost; providing next to zero protection for its wielder, forcing them to rely on additional weaponry if they expect things to go south (and really, if you’re carrying this around, things are probably going to go south).

Eliariah, in the time leading up to her death, left many clues for her daughter to follow. Her signature weapon; ‘Eliariah’s Sting’, is one. Unlike the others which seem to be artefacts, some ancient, this was crafted by the woman’s own hands. While she referenced it a couple of times in the tome her daughter has, it’s unknown whether she actually ever made any assassinations with the weapon.

Umai, however, upon finding this blade has but one intended target for it: Her mother’s killer.

Netherworld

[member="Umai"]

Umai said:
Only a force user strong enough to rival Eliariah’s own power would be able to see beyond the force illusion that surrounds this tiny blade
  • How strong would that be? Eliarah, from what I can tell, is a NPC Master; therefore any PC Master, I'm assuming?

Umai said:
its potent venom immediately entering the bloodstream to cause blinding pain and potentially stun them
  • From the wookiee article on Devaronian blood poison:
    the edge also had the chance of releasing the jewels infamous toxins into the bloodstream of an opponent.
  • Please tone your effect down to match the canon one.

Umai said:
What the Phrik: Constructed from one of the hardest materials in the galaxy, the wings themselves on this duel-bladed weapon can cut through almost anything with enough force applied from the wielder. Well… anything not thicker than their 4-inch length
  • All measurements must be in metric.
  • Almost anything is also too vague. Please specify where the limits lie in regards to materials, and bear in mind that cutting through metal plate armor with a metal blade is pretty much impossible. Especially one as short as this.

Umai said:
Blood of My Blood: Eliariah crafted her Sting to protect herself and her kin. As a result, she imbued it with her own force energy to make sure it could never be used against her. Only a member of Eliariah’s bloodline can activate and unfold the blade
  • This isn't really a weakness; more of a strength, if anything, as it prevents any enemy from taking this weapon and using it against her.
I'd also like you to add Force-nullification effects to the Weaknesses list, as the illusion wouldn't work when exposed to such.

Netherworld

[member="Umai"]

Netherworld said:
From the wookiee article on Devaronian blood poison:
the edge also had the chance of releasing the jewels infamous toxins into the bloodstream of an opponent. Please tone your effect down to match the canon one.
  • Your strength still states the effects to be immediate. I'd like you to acknowledge that there is a a chance that this might happen, as opposed to it being sure-fire.
Everything else looks good now. Just that small edit, and I can stamp this. :)

Valgærd

[member="Netherworld"] no worries at all, strength has been updated (not sure how I missed that on the Wookipedia page, thank you for pointing it out)

Valgærd

[member="Lily Kuhn"] I am so sorry... I swear to god it was larger than that when I posted. O.O I have no idea what happened but I fixed it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom