Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Elegance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: Star Wars Artist Guild

Rapier%20Lightsaber.JPG

Intent: To provide an elegant lightsaber for Sirius Nova, for Lightsaber Fencing and Training Duels that is not lethal.
Development Thread: If required.

Manufacturer: Narrikians
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Sirius Nova
Modularity: The Crystals of the blade, and the internal circuitry could be replaced but other than that modifications could not be made.
Production: Unique
Material: This is made out of Narika, a Kannor Crystal, a Pontite Crystal and the components of a Lightsaber. This also uses Kathracite as a crystal as well, to provide it the non-lethal features.
Classification: Lightsaber
Size: One handed.
Length: 38.7 Inches
Weight: 1.5 KG
Special Features: Unlike traditional lightsabers, this actually has a cutting edge. Due to the Kannor Crystal within it, should the wielder succumb to the dark side or embrace the lightside, the color of the blade will change. This can deliver a sting instead of being lethal, and a mild shock if the person is careful with wielding this.
Strengths: + Non-Lethal Capabilities: The blade is capable of being non-lethal, should the need arise.
+ Has an electrical deterrent to being stolen.
Weaknesses:
- Ancient: This Lightsaber is ancient. Due to this, the power supply could burn out at any time meaning that the Lightsaber's components would need to be replaced.
- Influenced by the Force: Influence of the Force of either side could change the color of the blade.
- The Runes: The Runes on the hilt that power the shocking defense must be refilled with the Force at least once a year.

Description: An ancient Lightsaber that was made by the Narrikians, as one of their first Light Weapons. Modifications to the containment field have made it appear to have an actual blade, while still being able to use multiple crystals. The hilt is made out of Narika, and has been etched with runes as well as treated so it can survive contact with a Lightsaber for a few glancing strikes. This lightsaber is styled like a Rapier in terms of both hilt, and blade. This uses a Pontite crystal as well as a Kannor Crystal within the blade. It is etched with runes that will cause it to deliver a massive non-lethal surge of electricity to anyone who is not a Narrikian who attempts to wield this Lightsaber.

The actual maker of this blade is unknown, but it has been passed down as an Imperial Heirloom for as long as most of the Narrikians can remember. Only recently has it found itself in the possession of one Sirius Nova who has started to train with it, and bond it to himself. This lightsaber is one of his favorites and is normally kept strapped to his waist, should he require it. This Lightsaber is mainly reserved for dueling an opponent without the intent to kill, or training with it to master it however. It is the training saber of the Narrikians. Engraved on the hilt are a set of runes that are filled with Force Energy, runes that have a very specific effect. The runes cause the Force energy to electrocute anyone other than a Narrikian who attempts to wield this blade, and even more so if the blade is stolen.
Primary Source:

Kannor Crystals
Narika
The Book of Force Runes

[member="Sirius Nova"]

Hello there! Thanks for choosing the factory! We just have a few things to address here...

Sirius Nova said:
Material: This is made out of Narika
Sirius Nova said:
a Kannor Crystal
Could you please hyperlink any Chaos Canon submissions?

Sirius Nova said:
an Adegan Crystal
The Adegan Crystal comes in different varieties. Did you want to be specific as to which one? It would probably be just fluff, or help you explain why you would or would not cut through something a little faster or not.

Kathracite was the most common form of Adegan crystal, followed by relacite and danite. These crystals didn't focus energy as well as their rarer cousins, and thus were usually reserved for use in training sabers.
Mephite was a typical Adegan crystal used by the Jedi.
Pontite was the rarest and most powerful type of Adegan crystal. Nearly impossible to find, it resonated with a powerful aura that cooled both skin and tempers.

I wouldn't require it, personally, but since it is your unique creation, I didn't know if you would want to flesh it out as much as possible.

Sirius Nova said:
Weight: 3kg

The template recommendation of the sword is a full metal sword, from blade to hilt. I'm not saying you can't have a weighted lightsaber, I'm letting you know most Lightsabers are from 0.3-0.9kg

Sirius Nova said:
Special Features:Unlike traditional lightsabers, this actually has a cutting edge. Due to the Kannor Crystal within it, should the wielder succumb to the dark side or embrace the lightside, the color of the blade will change. It is also non-lethal, instead delivering a mildly unpleasant shock to the individual.
Sirius Nova said:
+ Non-Lethal: For fighting when non-lethal is the only option this Lightsaber has been made so that it can do such and do so easily.
Before we continue, I do not believe actual lightsabers ever do anything other than harmful damage. Do you have any canon or chaos canon places where a lightsaber only does electric damage? If not, this lightsaber is of typical design for harmful damage, and absolutely no electric effects.

[member="Sirius Nova"]

Alrighty

Sirius Nova said:
http://starwarsrp.ne...saber-crystals/iswhere I got the idea for a non-lethal Lightsaber though I am not sure which crystal it was. But now that I realize it's Kathracite...goes to make edits.
From this Guide
Kathracite can produce a stunning sting rather than a lethal edge.
It has the ability to create a stinging effect if used properly, it isn't restricted only to non-lethal attacks. If I'm wrong, a RPJ or Admin can always say different upon their review. :)

Sirius Nova said:
Manufacturer: Narrikians
Sirius Nova said:
Affiliation: Sirius Nova
Would you please hyperlink all Chaos Canon Submissions, please? This isn't so much for me, or the staff that will review this, this helps other members if they look at the item.

You've got a lot of weaknesses that put a damper on this lightsaber, which I would say you wouldn't need. How do you feel if we cleaned it up?

Sirius Nova said:
Ancient: This Lightsaber is ancient and will probably burn out at any time.
Sirius Nova said:
Inferior Power Supply: The Lightsaber's Power Supply is inferior to that of a modern Lightsaber.
These two can be combined in any manner to explain that the power source is inferior to modern lightsabers, and is very old and may burn out at any time.

Sirius Nova said:
Non-Lethal: The blade is incapable of killing anyone.
This is unnecessary, since the blade can cause lethal strikes unless appropriately used for its stinging effect.

Sirius Nova said:
Non-Lethal: For fighting when non-lethal is the only option this Lightsaber has been made so that it can do such and do so easily.
To avoid confusion for others, it could use a renaming like "Non-Lethal Capabilities"

Sirius Nova said:
Corruptible: The Dark Side could corrupt the Lightsaber.
Sirius Nova said:
Influencing: The Lightside is also capable of influencing this Lightsaber.
These can be combined to say when influenced by the lightside or the dark side, it will change color to the appropriate side.

Sirius Nova said:
Has an electrical deterrent to being stolen.
What causes this to electrocute anyone who tries to steal it? And how does it identify when being stolen?

Once these items are addressed, please let me know! I think afterward this will be ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom