Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Electrostatic Gel Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: Effective non-lethal and unconventional anti-electronic weapon
Manufacturer: Corellian Arms & Technology
Model: OPD 7-90 Wrist Launcher

Affiliation: OmegaPyre

Modularity: None
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, with leather straps
Description: Ion weapons were very effective against droids, but were either ineffective as a non-lethal alternative against organics, or was inevitably lethal. So CA&T was contacted and developed an electrostatic gel that offered a viable middle ground. Targets struck by the gel were rendered incapable of moving part or all of their body or were knocked unconscious, depending on the strength of the gel and resistance of the target. As well, due to the clinging nature of the gel, electronic platforms, such as droids, personal defense turrets, or powered armor were rendered non-functional so long as a substantial amount of gel remained in contact.

The apparatus designed to fire electrostatic gel comes in two parts; the upper portion rests on the upper arm, and holds a small tank full of pressurized electrostatic gel. The lower part sits along the forearm, and contains the launching mechanism, as well as the electric charge. The gel itself is relatively inert, but once a minor electric current is run through it, the gel becomes highly electrified, as the gel amplifies the initial charge.

The larger the target, the more gel must be applied to achieve the desired effect. As a result, the gel launcher is limited to personal engagements, though sufficient application could in theory hamper small vehicle performance. Alternatively, the launcher can launch a wave of gel not unlike a flamethrower, at reduced range. Either repeated shots are required, or a large volume must be used, to bring down heavier power armors

Classification: Wrist-mounted Launcher
Size: Handheld

Length: .9 meters
Weight: 2.7 kilograms
Ammunition Type: Electrostatic Gel Capsules
Ammunition Capacity: A single tank holds enough gel for approx. twenty shots against an unarmored, adult humanoid. Three seconds of constant stream
Range: 25 / 10 meters

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Sexy and Faction Appropriate too. :D
  • Size: Handheld pls
  • Effective Duration per Shot: This gets gamer'y so bear with me. A CryoBan grenade can stun for about 4 to 6 seconds in TOR. Now. I'd like to see something like that added in somewhere here too. As, indefinitely shutting-down power armor or 'stun-locking' can be kinda lame in PvP.

I put no duration, since it's role model (ion blasts) don't have an effective duration. Against organics, it's just as hard to tell and remains to be determined by the location struck and amount struck with. That's why I put in the wide variance for performance in the description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom